Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Todd

Real Name Todd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Caladell
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 25, 2007, 00:55
Total Comments 321 (Amateur)
User ID 43791

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
20. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2012, 23:20 Caladell

Just an FYI for all those interested in Anno 2070. On sale over at Gamersgate for $20. Still on the fence about it myself, but that's the cheapest I've seen it so far.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Sale Day Seven
7. Re: Steam Sale Day Seven Jul 18, 2012, 17:31 Caladell

Ratty wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 16:59:
Anybody know if the Thief collection will play on 64-bit multicore Windows 7?

Go Here

Here's an excellent thread to help with the Thief games. I've installed the fixes for T1 &T2, but haven't tried it for T3, as I don't have that one on steam. Anyway, it works great. Playing T1 with no problems.

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Demo
4. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Demo Jul 12, 2012, 22:09 Caladell

J wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:49:
I wanted to like it but heard it was buggy. If turning off 'gibs' completely fixes it I may be interested. Johnny five needs more input!

It's actually a really cool game. Been playing it off and on for a bit, and while the AI can be kinda simplistic, it's a fun game that has quite a bit of character customization. You can choose your loadout, and similar to Elder Scrolls, the more you use weapons, the better you get at them. Story is a touch confusing, due to the translation, but it's cool nonetheless.

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line Demo
6. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Demo Jun 15, 2012, 17:47 Caladell

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 15:55:
Caladell wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 15:27:
That's how I felt about it until I tried the demo. Ends up being just a generic cover based shooter. Enemies just stand there until you shoot them, which is always annoying. The story and visuals are pretty good, but the overall gameplay was just 'bleh' to me.

Were you seriously expecting anything different? This thing has CoD clone written all over it.

Expecting? No. Hoping, yes.

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line Demo
2. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Demo Jun 15, 2012, 15:27 Caladell

That's how I felt about it until I tried the demo. Ends up being just a generic cover based shooter. Enemies just stand there until you shoot them, which is always annoying. The story and visuals are pretty good, but the overall gameplay was just 'bleh' to me.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 GotY & Free Weekend Launch
5. Re: Red Orchestra 2 GotY & Free Weekend Launch May 25, 2012, 01:56 Caladell

Yeah, it's quite impressive how much better it is now. Runs a lot better, game modes are better. Will probably start really playing it now.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale May 20, 2012, 20:23 Caladell

Yep, that's the only reason I haven't gotten it, even for a price like that. Shame, really, cause I enjoyed the demo. Regardless, I'll wait for a cheaper price, or at least a change to the DRM (which I doubt will ever happen)  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Apr 27, 2012, 00:42 Caladell

nin wrote on Apr 26, 2012, 22:02:
Fringe season 5! Whoo!

Yes! And thanks nin, I hadn't seen that yet

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 6, 2012, 21:53 Caladell

$5 for LA Noir. Still have no interest in buying it, even at that price. However, I'd still be willing to pay full price for Red Dead. Bastages.

Did pick up Arkham City though. $15 bucks was too good to pass up.

News Comments > The Pets of Torchlight II
17. Re: The Pets of Torchlight II Mar 31, 2012, 21:15 Caladell

Scud wrote on Mar 31, 2012, 19:39:
Caladell wrote on Mar 31, 2012, 14:27:
Back on topic, I think I'll go ferret, just because that's what I used in the first game. Brings back memories of Beastmaster
There was a Ferret in the first game? I remember the cat and the wolf/dog, I don't remember any ferrets. Nevermind, I haven't played in so long, now I'll have to go play it again. Oh and if I could get the ferret a hockey mask and a chainsaw, that would be perfect.

The ferret was a mod made by Runic.

News Comments > The Pets of Torchlight II
7. Re: The Pets of Torchlight II Mar 31, 2012, 14:27 Caladell

Yes, can't wait for this to come out.

And to answer a bit about Path of Exile, it seems pretty interesting. Haven't played a lot yet, but it's cool. Looks nice, controls are good, and has some interesting mechanics. For one, the potion system is pretty awesome. Like Dungeon Siege, you only drink what you need, and also, your potions fill up as you kill enemies. Skills are derived from gems that you socket to your equipment. 'Normal' skill tree is somewhat all passive stuff. But it's freaking gigantic. Pretty overwhelming when you first look at it.

Back on topic, I think I'll go ferret, just because that's what I used in the first game. Brings back memories of Beastmaster

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
19. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Mar 28, 2012, 23:38 Caladell

Hey gilly, try messing with your CPU affinity for SPAZ. I started having problems myself. Not sure if it was after a driver update or SPAZ update or what. Anyway, after some looking around, I found that if I set the Affinity to CPU 0 and CPU 1, it runs perfectly. Worth a shot at any rate.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai Mar 23, 2012, 01:14 Caladell

On Sale at Greenmangaming for $19.79. Tempting, as it sounds like this expansion is good. Not sure if I'll get it though, as I've hardly played the base game so far. The TW series is one that I really WANT to like, and I do, but I never end up playing them much. And I've bought all of em except for Empire I believe. Probably played each one around the same amount of time. Not sure why that is.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2012, 22:25 Caladell

Did anybody else receive some random Steam coupons in their inventory? I did, and have no idea where they came from.

Oh, and BTW. For those interested, Renegade Ops is $7.49 on Amazon this week. I picked it up and activated through Steam. Surprisingly, it includes both DLC's for it. So that was a double bonus

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow
14. Re: Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow Mar 15, 2012, 00:01 Caladell

My guess is that they updated the engine to allow for higher resolutions. Hopefully it's more than that though  

News Comments > Ads in Titan?
19. Re: Ads in Titan? Jan 24, 2012, 02:01 Caladell

deqer wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 01:24:
"that enhances the gameplay experience"

How do ads enhance gameplay? ...

By having a direct link to Bed Bath and Beyond. Wherein you can order a snuggie directly from within the game. Then, once it has arrived, you can be much more comfortable while playing the game for 18 hours straight, therefore enhancing the gameplay experience.

News Comments > Mobilization
12. Re: Mobilization Dec 30, 2011, 17:34 Caladell

Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 17:25:

I've seen Better Off Dead, if somebody wants their $2 they'll do anything to get it.

Haha!

'I want my two dollars! I want my two dollars'

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Dec 30, 2011, 12:15 Caladell

Project Nevada is a rather big mod that adds/changes lots of things

Caliber mainly used by other mods to add in additional calibers for new/modified weapons

Weapon Mod Expansion adds a ton of new weapon mods

Shrapnel adds a ton of new weapons and modifies some existing ones

Tailor Maid interesting mod that lets you 'mix and match' pieces of different armors. Results can be kinda wonky though

Anyway, those are ones that I think are pretty cool. Haven't messed much with texture/lighting mods yet.

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2011, 19:08 Caladell

Well my copies of the Ship are now gone. Still have that CoP coupon though  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2011, 18:30 Caladell

Ant wrote on Dec 27, 2011, 16:46:
Sure, send me a copy. I will give it a spin when I have free time whenever that is. http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/932682-the-ship/index.html seems to have decent ratings. Throw it to "antdude" please.

Can I get an email from ya? Tried adding you as a friend to send it that way, and Steam is telling me 'that feature is not available now' lol.

Edit: ok, got a hit on antdude, but not sure if it's you. Has a different name than what you have listed here on Blue's. That one is Dave W. from San Diego. That you?

321 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo