Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Todd

Real Name Todd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Caladell
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 25, 2007, 00:55
Total Comments 325 (Amateur)
User ID 43791

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham Origins Oct 25, 2013, 11:09 Caladell

Techie714 wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 10:46:
The first two games were fantastic, so i'm hoping this one would be just as good.

Hope so, but this one isn't made by Rocksteady. So for me, it'll be a 'wait and see'.
In other Batman news though, my Arkham City key finally works on Steam. Woo Hoo!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale

2. Re: On Sale Sep 23, 2013, 23:47 Caladell

On the daaaaaaarkside....yeeeaaaahhh  

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Patch and Free DLC

3. Re: Rise of the Triad Patch and Free DLC Sep 16, 2013, 23:35 Caladell

Gonna have to do the same. Wasn't all that interested in it before, but I like to support companies that actually like and listen to their fans.
Plus, looks like some super fast, old school fun.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Inauguration Station Released

2. Re: Saints Row IV Inauguration Station Released Aug 6, 2013, 23:18 Caladell

I love Blue's first line there. Sooo many 'tions!  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Support Plans

6. Re: Shadowrun Returns Support Plans Aug 4, 2013, 20:51 Caladell

Just picked this up last night (thanks trading card buyers), and I'm loving it. Right from the start I was into it. Lately when I get a game, I play it for 1/2 hour to an hour, think, ok, that's cool, then do something else for a while. But last night, after about 4 hours or so, I made myself stop so I could actually get to bed.

Looking forward to what the community will give us too.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 7, 2013, 15:30 Caladell

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 12:06:

Sniper Elite V2 is also a good deal, for $15...

And if you want Sniper Elite V2 even cheaper, for the next 12 hours or so, you can get it in this bundle for around $6
http://www.indieroyale.com/

News Comments > On Sale

3. Re: On Sale Jun 7, 2013, 22:49 Caladell

Prez wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 19:43:
With the coupon Bioshock Infinite is $28, and Walking Dead is $7. I just got finished playing Walking Dead yesterday, and it was a fantastic experience. I don't even like adventure games, but besides low interactivity in places Walking Dead manages to avoid every issue that always kept me from enjoying adventure games. Highly recommended if you have always wanted to play a good adventure game but the genre's shortcomings prevented you.

I'm still debating Infinite - I'm doubting the Steam Summer sale will yield a better price than that, but I won't have any time to play it for at least 2 weeks.

I just started playing it this morning (picked it up from the Telltale Humble weekly sale), and I agree with everything you said. I also don't care for adventure games, but I'm loving it so far.

News Comments > X3: Albion Prelude 3.0 - Shady Business Released

7. Re: X3: Albion Prelude 3.0 - Shady Business Released May 28, 2013, 23:06 Caladell

Flatline wrote on May 28, 2013, 22:27:
I'd *really* like to get into this, but it always seemed like the learning curve was particularly steep. Is there a good intro guide to AP floating around out there? Most of the startup guides I found for X3 ended up being high-level discussions for people who are already super familiar with the game.

I'm the same way. Got this when it came out, and I've only put a couple hours into it. I keep starting a new game, going through at least part of the 'tutorial', then turning it off for one reason or another.
This last time, I fired it up after the update came out. Started a new game, started doing the tutorial stuff, then I had to shoot a container. Unfortunately, the character I chose had no guns onboard, so I had to go to a station and buy one. Then got back to the area, and ended up collecting the container instead of shooting it. And that's where I got stuck. My tutorial guy wasn't there to reset it, since apparently he had gotten bored and left the system. Ugh.
One of these days though, I'm gonna get into this damn game

News Comments > Out of the Blue

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2013, 12:33 Caladell

"May the Links Be With You"

Didn't get it either until I read that

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within

14. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 10:54 Caladell

Linksil wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 10:51:
I'm sorry, but cut out this live action crap for announcing games. Unless it's like 7th guest(was that the game) where it's all filmed and interactive... there's no place for this in gaming.

Agreed. Unless it's the awesomely campy one that they did for Blood Dragon.

News Comments > Into the Black

2. Re: Into the Black Apr 15, 2013, 22:32 Caladell

Damn. Must be pretty dark...  

News Comments > MMO Patch Plans

2. Re: MMO Patch Plans Apr 5, 2013, 16:44 Caladell

Well, for me at least, it's one of those that I'll hop in to, join a game, and have a blast for an hour or so. Then I'll quit for some reason or another (kids, make dinner, housework, etc), and proceed to completely forget about the game for 3 or 4 months.
So I haven't put a ton of time into it, so I don't know how it is long term, or if you ever run into a 'pay-wall' or not. But good fun every once in a while.

News Comments > On Sale

1. Re: On Sale Jan 27, 2013, 16:44 Caladell

Amazon also has a Microsoft bundle that includes Mark of the Ninja, and Deadlight for $10. All games in the bundle are on sale individually.

Linkage

News Comments > Steam Top 10

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 27, 2013, 16:42 Caladell

As for the Square-Enix weekend sale, the dailies are changing at 4pm Pacific. Not sure why they're doing that, as normally it's 10am Pacific. The standard daily deals are swapping at 10 still. Just odd.

I agree about Euro Truck. I've only played the demo, but it's actually quite cool. Really a deep sim, and quite relaxing. That is, until you try to back your trailer up to a loading dock. Been taking me several tries to do so.

Glad to see Chivalry doing well. Picked that up during the holiday sale, and I've been having a good time with it, even though I pretty much completely suck at it

News Comments > On Sale

6. Re: On Sale Jan 12, 2013, 02:01 Caladell

How's the DLC on Sleeping Dogs? Been wanting the game since it came out, and right now it's on sale at getgamesgo. They also have a DLC pack that's on sale. Wondering if I should pick that up as well.  

News Comments > On Sale

2. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2013, 15:18 Caladell

I've seen em on sale at Green Man Gaming. Possibly at getgamesgo as well.  

News Comments > On Sale

11. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 15:54 Caladell

Dev wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 15:42:
Beth owns id now, and they are probably in charge of the pricing.

About the steam repeats, the repeats are mostly the flash and voted deals. I don't think the dailies have repeated themselves.

Dailies haven't repeated, but they show up again as flash sales/community votes. Which I, for one, am grateful for. Missed out on a couple that ended up hitting flash sales later.

News Comments > Free Street Fighter X Mega Man Next Week

1. Re: Free Street Fighter X Mega Man Next Week Dec 9, 2012, 19:13 Caladell

Alright. That looks pretty damn cool. Definitely have to snag this when it comes out  

News Comments > Miner Wars 2081 and Demo Released

12. Re: Miner Wars 2081 and Demo Released Nov 30, 2012, 10:54 Caladell

Alright. Finally got a chance to play for a bit last night.
So far, I like what I see. Runs well, feels like a Descent game, and it's easy to get lost, which I actually like. One minor thing I've noticed, or rather not noticed, is being shot at. I'll be taking damage, and have no idea where it's coming from.
Can't comment on the story so far, as I'm not totally sure what's going on. All I know is that Russian forces are attacking for some reason.
Haven't tried a flight stick yet, nor a controller. Just using keyboard + mouse, and controls are quite nice. Mouse response is more like a FPS than a flight game, which works perfectly for it.
I think Descent fans are going to like this one.

News Comments > Miner Wars 2081 and Demo Released

4. Re: Miner Wars 2081 and Demo Released Nov 28, 2012, 23:47 Caladell

I think I'll have a chance to play tonight. Got the alpha package ages ago, and they've done a ton just this year alone. For about the first year, it was mainly a tech demo. Cool to fire up every once in a while, but not worth playing for more than a few minutes. Last I tried it was a few patches ago, so they had one mission or so. Didn't put a lot into it since I've been waiting for release. Mission itself seemed cool, and difficulty was up there a ways.
So hopefully I'll be back later tonight with some more impressions.

325 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >