Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Todd

Real Name Todd   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Caladell
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 25, 2007, 00:55
Total Comments 236 (Novice)
User ID 43791

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer
4. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Trailer Aug 18, 2016, 20:32 Caladell

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 20:26:
nin wrote on Aug 18, 2016, 19:24:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

I specifically asked for this.

http://media.fyre.co/FWwsdYrSlOasV1H7kKcx_d60.jpg

Hahaha! Awesome!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up
19. Re: Quantum Break Win10 Follow-up Aug 14, 2016, 00:29 Caladell

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 16:04:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 13, 2016, 15:30:
Are they going to fix the thousands of other games on steam that don't work? #hyperboling

Back in my day Real Men would fix games themselves if they didnt work. Relying on developers to get games running correctly on your siiick custom 486 was something the girly-boys did.

Well back in my day, we'd have this payload delivered already

News Comments > Overwatch Summer Games
5. Re: Overwatch Summer Games Aug 2, 2016, 21:26 Caladell

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 21:18:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:59:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 2, 2016, 20:51:
Overwatch is one of these games I stopped playing and never returned to.. did they ever actually fix this god awful matchmaking in a patch yet?

I've never had an issue with it. What's the exact complaint?

As a skilled solo player there are only 2 types of matches you get from this MM

1 is a single win -> infinite lose streak unless you quit and rejoin due to teams being rigged against you
2 is a join into a losing round

Is it a problem of too much FPS skill pushing me into insane MM ranks and thus weird edge cases? Don't care, I play to have fun, Overwatch regularly matches me against people where I don't have fun if I even so much as play "decently" ;/

Or put simpler, if I play REALLY good 1 or 2 rounds, the game punishes me for it with 5+ rolfstomp losses.. and that ain't fun. Wish I could figure out why that happens to me and not to say, you. Is it my region and thus my ping during the times I play putting me in weird edge cases of match making?

Btw, this happened to me over a dozen times. It annoyed me enough I threw the game (not literally) out of the window.

Wow. That sounds pretty bad. Personally, I have never had anything like that. Most I've had has been maybe 3 win/loss streaks, and it seems like that happens mostly due to one whole team just having an 'off' night or whatever.

News Comments > Marvel Ultimate Alliances PC Fixes Coming
7. Re: Marvel Ultimate Alliances PC Fixes Coming Jul 30, 2016, 21:55 Caladell

That's a nice article you linked nin. Hopefully we see some good stuff in the future.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 20:11 Caladell

Re: Verizon dealie

Reminds me of something they started in my state (WA) a few years ago. Every...I dunno, 6 years or so? I don't remember. You have to get new plates for your vehicle, whether they are damaged or not, due to the possibility of them being worn out. If you want the same plate number, that's an extra fee of course. Just ridiculous.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jul 18, 2016, 21:25 Caladell

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 21:14:
PHJF wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 18:15:
XCOM2 is $29, only thing standing out.

Oh shit, really? Might be time to buy that, finally.

*EDIT* Also, anybody play Neo Scavenger at all? Tempted to get that also, nice charity setup at IndieGameStand.

I've played it a bit. It's like a choose-your-own-adventure or gamebook type thing. It's highly regarded, but didn't quite do it for me. I did think it was pretty interesting; however, it uses permadeath, so some games can be over very quickly.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Mission Pack
4. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Mission Pack Jul 12, 2016, 01:16 Caladell

Most likely hashtagged too.  

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
3. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 20:22 Caladell

nin wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 18:23:
I almost feel sorry for the person who sees my survey responses....

Heh. Yep. Especially the one asking about words that you associate with companies.

News Comments > Overwatch Competitive Plans
8. Re: Overwatch Competitive Plans Jun 24, 2016, 00:22 Caladell

Shok wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 16:45:
The mystery hero brawl game mode should be available all the time. This is the one that randomly selects your character at start and when you die. It's great for forcing people to learn more than just 4-5 characters. It's unbalanced but still fun for learning the game.

I am liking the Weekly Brawls. And that one was damn hard. You'd end up with teams that just didn't work. Still good fun though. I do like the current one too, with only defenders.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 21, 2016, 00:21 Caladell

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 21:14:
Pulled the trigger on=donated to the kickstarter
Pulled the plug=took it off life support/let it die.

True, true. Glad I never pulled the 'trigger'. Thanks for the correction Helf

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 20, 2016, 20:33 Caladell

Glad I never pulled the plug on this one. Looked really interesting, but after months and months of no updates, I figured I'd wait until it was released.
Sucks for those that threw money into it though.

News Comments > The Surge Trailer
3. Re: The Surge Trailer Jun 16, 2016, 21:18 Caladell

Cutter wrote on Jun 16, 2016, 11:49:
They should do a CRPG based on the Purge. That'd be hella sweet.

Still need to get around to watching those movies. I'm interested, but just haven't had a chance.

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
49. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 21:17 Caladell

It would take you...
8806 continuous hours
1 year,1 day,22 hours,58 minutes
of gameplay to complete your Steam library

IN THIS TIME YOU COULD...
Watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy 773 times

Ugh. I probably won't be picking anything up during this sale. Being broke can have it's advantages!

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Trailers
9. Re: Titanfall 2 Trailers Jun 12, 2016, 21:57 Caladell

nin wrote on Jun 12, 2016, 18:19:
pleasebegood pleasebegood pleasebegood

Seconded. Had a lot of fun with the first one, until all the DLC came out, and things were just fragmented. Hard to find a game that wasn't deathmatch, which I'm just not into. Hoping this one will be good.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2016, 13:05 Caladell

I ended up having a very nice bug with that quest. I was only level 16 or so, and you end up fighting some level 22 or 24 enemies. I thought I was screwed, but fortunately the guys wouldn't attack me. Took quite a while to take em out, but was able to do it way earlier than I should have.  

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
18. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 9, 2016, 20:53 Caladell

Awesome. Thanks for the replies guys. Now I just need to get crackin and make some progress. Loving what I've played of it so far, but I keep getting distracted.  

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
4. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 8, 2016, 23:50 Caladell

I don't have the DLC's yet, and not sure when I'll end up getting them. Should they be completed after the main game? Or are they more like a go-ahead-and-do-it-whenever-you-want kind of thing?  

News Comments > Starbreeze Acquires Cinemaware Catalog
9. Re: Starbreeze Acquires Cinemaware Catalog May 31, 2016, 23:28 Caladell

BIGtrouble77 wrote on May 31, 2016, 21:43:
I hope they decide to do something with TV Sports Boxing, I played that game to death in the early 1990s (aka ABC Wide World of Sports Boxing). For those that never played that game, it was ported to the Sega Genesis as Evander Holyfield's Real Deal Boxing.

I got TV Spots Football with my first PC in 1989. It was pretty terrible unfortunately.

That's good to know. I used to love Holyfield's boxing. Made an ugly-ass green freak that was super strong, but fizzled out quickly.

News Comments > The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Patch
22. Re: The Witcher III: Wild Hunt Patch May 31, 2016, 00:19 Caladell

Creston wrote on May 30, 2016, 21:13:
Updated, and now the game won't start anymore. Get a Hook MatchesCountError. Great...

Edit: If you run into this problem, you can fix it by renaming the dsound.dll file in your Witcher3/bin/x64 folder.

Were you running the developer console mod? If so, that would be the issue. I'll have to do the same, or wait for an update to that.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2016, 23:48 Caladell

Couple months ago my wife upgraded to a Galaxy S7, which came with a free GearVR. I've messed around with it a few times (and I do have glasses), but I experience the same as you. After a bit my head just kills me. It does have a focus knob, so I figured I'd try it without glasses. Seems ok, but I couldn't dial it in just right.
For what it is, though, it's a cool little thing. Once things mature more (and I get to a point where I could afford an upgrade that would run one), I'd love to get a Rift or a Vive.

On a side note, I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting Lasik years ago. At the time, there was a place in the area that was starting up, so what they did was work with our insurance to drop the cost to what insurance covered, making it no cost out of pocket. There were a few people at work who did it, and loved it. I was just way too hesitant though.
Fast forward to today, and it's just way out of my range. The insurance I have now essentially doesn't cover it at all.

236 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo