Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1260 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > On SWTOR Queues
24. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 11:31 Fibrocyte

Acleacius wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 11:20:
How ridiculous, they don't even have enough servers for prerelease. Now they trying to turn it into a self promoting release about how great they are, since they are concerned. Rolleyes

eaware - Yes, we're concerned full release is tomorrow and we don't have enough servers. We better have another meeting about getting everyone together so we can decide, but we better go get lunch first.

They have a slew of servers in that list with 1 day until release - more very well may be coming. Part of this problem is that you can choose your server so even if 45 servers exist, 5 of them could have very long queues because of the population of just those servers.

Do you actually own the game or are you just complaining because that's the default for bluesnews?

IMO, the game is good. I'm fortunate enough to have not seen a queue and I just got my light saber [Jedi Consular] during my last play session. The questing is certainly more engaging than WoW's -- let's see if the feeling remains mid-late game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight II Trailer
13. Re: Torchlight II Trailer Dec 18, 2011, 07:17 Fibrocyte

This was the most lackluster video ever. Why even post it?

Now my interest tilts further towards D3 because of this non-sense...

News Comments > Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY
39. Re: Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY Dec 12, 2011, 18:55 Fibrocyte

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 13:27:
Fibrocyte wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 13:11:
Yes, I agree. DX:HR is incredibly short of amazing. Over-hyped and underwhelming.

I agree that you're short and underwhelming Sunny

Your rebuttal was almost as bad as DX:HR... almost. Angel

News Comments > GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free
7. Re: GOG.com Sale; Empire Earth for Free Dec 12, 2011, 13:12 Fibrocyte

LittleMe wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 11:57:
It's been Bluesnews'd!

Some websites (i.e. fark.com) have the ability to drum up so much attention to a specific website that it suffers, but I really doubt bluesnews has that ability.

33. Re: Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY Dec 12, 2011, 13:11 Fibrocyte

Verno wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 08:51:
I disagree about DX:HR - I don't feel it deserved any awards this year. They had a chance to make something amazing and fell short. Dev teams shouldn't get rewarded for mediocrity.

Short of amazing isn't mediocre. The games sales and reception from both the press and users disagrees with your assessment.

Yes, I agree. DX:HR is incredibly short of amazing. Over-hyped and underwhelming.

30. Re: Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY Dec 12, 2011, 08:10 Fibrocyte

Jivaro wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 00:00:
MrBone wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 21:02:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 20:39:
It was the best game made this year.

That doesn't make award shows in general anymore legitimate though. Most of the time its all about the marketing, release dates, names involved, and the money....with every award show.

You mean they are trying to make money by entertaining you??!! Sickening insight dude. Skyrim was easily the best game.

Either you completely misread my post or you are really dense. Take your pick.

Ehhh... his two options sort of go hand-in-hand.

To your point about award shows: I agree.

29. Re: Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY Dec 12, 2011, 08:07 Fibrocyte

Jerykk wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 22:02:
Disappointed that DX:HR didn't win anything. It should have at least won PC game of the year. I would have given it Soundtrack of the Year as well. Then again, these awards are essentially a measure of hype and marketing, so it's not surprising that the games with the most hype and marketing won all the awards.

As for Arkham City being repetitious compared to Skyrim, I'm not really sure how you came to that conclusion. Most of the side quests in Skyrim consist of "go to random dungeon and kill random dude." Conversely, the side quests in AC were generally unique and had a lot more backstory. Even the Riddler collectables presented unique challenges in order to attain them. No two puzzles were the same. Both Skyrim and AC are good games but to claim that AC is repetitious while Skyrim isn't is pretty strange.

Neither trophies or challenges have any point to me beyond ego stroking. Riddler puzzles were boring, and the side quests got tedious.

The Riddler challenges weren't superficial rewards like Achievements or Trophies. Completing them unlocked concept art, character trophies, character profiles, backstories and interview recordings. Most of those things helped flesh out the story and characters. If you don't care about that stuff, that's fine, but to claim that they only served to stroke the player's ego is pretty dumb.

Also no RTS category? I know RTS has kind of been underrepresented lately, but there were some releases this year deserving of some recognition.

The VGA is a mainstream show. Strategy games are not mainstream enough to appear on it. I'm surprised Generals 2 was even revealed on it, as about 99% of the audience probably hadn't even heard of Generals 1 or played any of the C&C games. Hell, the game is PC-exclusive too. The only PC-exclusive nomination for any award was Minecraft. Witcher 2 should have at least been nominated for Best RPG, Best Graphics and Best PC Game. But again, it's all about hype and marketing.

I disagree about DX:HR - I don't feel it deserved any awards this year. They had a chance to make something amazing and fell short. Dev teams shouldn't get rewarded for mediocrity.

Skyrim was really great for the first 30 hours or so. Now it feels a little sale and I haven't beat it yet. I *do* plan to jump on the main quest line and see it through. It is impressive how much content there actually it as well. As for GOTY - sure, why not?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 11, 2011, 18:41 Fibrocyte

Bastion really deserves to be closer to the top of this list.  

News Comments > Diablo III Opening Cinematic
6. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 18:40 Fibrocyte

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 17:21:
The first half was pretty god damn awesome but then the second half was a little underwhelming...

Ehh... it feels pretty good if you've played the beta. Of course, people usually don't watch the cinematic after playing the game.

News Comments > Epic's Fortnite Announced
8. Re: Epic's Fortnite Announced Dec 11, 2011, 18:39 Fibrocyte

Minecraft was based on other games...  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 10, 2011, 05:00 Fibrocyte

Do people still play Day of Defeat? I actually enjoyed the MP on that one.  

News Comments > Bastion DLC Next Week
5. Re: Bastion DLC Next Week Dec 10, 2011, 04:54 Fibrocyte

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 23:02:
I've really got to play more of this but I just have too many games... I haven't completed Skyrim yet, I haven't even start LA Noire, I've got back into Defense Grid (I played for 18hrs recently because of the addon), I've just picked up Payday: The Heist and still have a backlog of other major games (Crysis 2, Assassin's Creed II, Dragon Age II, DOWII-Retribution, F1 2011, etc.

For what it's worth I really enjoyed the 4-5hrs of Bastion that I've played so far.

Hmmm... I haven't finished Skyrim either. Maybe its TOO long. I have two different level 30 chars [archer & assassin] who are pretty damn powerful gear/perk-wise. I need to jump on one and just plow through the main story line.

But then I got into the D3 beta and played that for a while, then Bastion came out, and soon I'll give SWTOR a try. Someday, Skyrim... someday.

News Comments > Bastion in a Browser
1. Re: Bastion in a Browser Dec 9, 2011, 11:50 Fibrocyte

Excellent game. If I hadn't bought it for $5 two days ago then I might actually try the browser version.

News Comments > Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced
22. Re: Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced Dec 9, 2011, 11:39 Fibrocyte

RollinThundr wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 10:26:
Kosumo wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 03:21:
I was taking the piss - The French are not to be fucked with and are a super power.

Nothing wrong with surrendering if its the right thing to do ... they have been in many wars are are still around.

Actually France has quite the history of surrendering.
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/france.html

Thanks for the link! It was an enjoyable read. My 2 favorite parts:

- French Revolution
- Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.
AND

Or, better still, the quote from last week's Wall Street Journal: "They're there when they need you."

News Comments > Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced
19. Re: Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced Dec 9, 2011, 08:30 Fibrocyte

My first thought was this will be bad, but then I thought it might actually be a gook game.  

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today
27. Re: No Battlefield 3 VOIP Changes Today Dec 6, 2011, 15:33 Fibrocyte

OldScho0l wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 14:38:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 11:04:
Not adding VOIP in this game was a HUGE mistake. I play for team "TAW" and without TS (Team Speak) this game would be further crippled. I still can't believe this game didn't ship with it. As far as the business decision goes my only guess on this is that EVERYTHING that goes into a game is carefully discussed & looked at from a profit standpoint, business deal, etc.

Edit Don't trust TAW. They have been caught robbing their clan members. They get you to install mods and game related apps and are actually deploying trojans and other goodies. Beware.

Just curious how you know this and if you wouldn't mind posting a link to some examples/proof.

News Comments > Trine 2 This Week
12. Re: Trine 2 This Week Dec 6, 2011, 08:38 Fibrocyte

That trailer looks quite good...  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2011, 08:33 Fibrocyte

It is mildly funny.  

News Comments > A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours
13. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours Dec 5, 2011, 12:21 Fibrocyte

Techie714 wrote on Dec 5, 2011, 10:59:
I would like to read this series but man those books are HUGE. Like reading multiple copies of War & Peace..lol. I'm about half way through "American Gods" right now & I'm enjoying it. I've heard HBO is doing a series on that book too?

American Gods is excellent - and I didn't hear they were making a series out of it.

A Song of Fire & Ice is a great series and though it is long it is certainly worth it. I'm almost finished with the latest book and wish I had more to read.

News Comments > A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours
1. Re: A Game of Thrones RPG = 30 Hours Dec 5, 2011, 10:11 Fibrocyte

political skills can be as lethal as a sharpen sword

1260 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo