Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fibrocyte

Real Name Fibrocyte   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fibrocyte
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 19, 2007, 13:42
Total Comments 1260 (Pro)
User ID 43638

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Scrolls Will Be Scrolls
21. Re: Scrolls Will Be Scrolls Mar 11, 2012, 20:41 Fibrocyte

Efflixi wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 20:27:
Graham wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 19:45:
I don't suppose you could cite the source for $300k-$400k per day being pulled in, could you? 20,000 copies per day seems quite impressive, and I haven't heard anything of the sort from Notch or Mojang.

http://www.minecraft.net/stats

"13,288 people bought the game."

Jesus H. Macy

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 "Biggest Entertainment Launch of 2012"
26. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 10, 2012, 07:22 Fibrocyte

ASeven wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 06:46:
Possible spoilers:

http://i.imgur.com/plXNC.jpg

That's.... funny.

News Comments > No PvP in Diablo III Launch
31. Re: No PvP in Diablo III Launch Mar 10, 2012, 07:19 Fibrocyte

Stolk wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 02:06:
Icewind wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 21:57:
I doubt anyone remembers, but back in the old B.net community, I remember when it was announced that Diablo 2 would have a PvP toggle and that you could only PK players who had it effectively "turned on" and everyone shit a brick in Ogden's Tavern.

Still cracks me up to this day. A lot of the old farts stayed in D1, thankfully. Or moved to Ultima Online.

Diablo 3 looks like shit more and more every day though. It's like an inferior version of Torchlight.

I'd rather get Torchlight 2 or Grim Dawn. Both are basically what the gaming public expected Diablo 3 to be anyway.

I've played Torchlight and I've played the D3 beta. It's a cute comment but if you think Diablo 3 is inferior to Torchlight then you haven't played Diablo 3. But then you know how Torchlight 2 plays without playing it. Boggle.

I agree. It's fine to be a Torchlight fan but let's not make absurd statements.

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
31. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 15:52 Fibrocyte

fujiJuice wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 15:28:
What is the story behind Milo and Kate? I feel like I am missing something.

It was all over the news. Kate was Milo's math teacher and they had a romantic relationship which was, of course, initiated by Kate. If you watch the video you can see there is a major age difference. Kate was found guilty and is now a registered sex offender; she'll be released from prison in late 2013.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 7, 2012, 13:24 Fibrocyte

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 11:41:
Well to start with, putting these guys in jail is probably a dumb thing to do. They should be employed to counter the chinese hackers who are far more lethal. Currently the government is doing a very poor job of protecting assets from the chinese.

You clearly didn't RTFA

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 7, 2012, 13:24 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 09:33:
Good to know that the FBI is spending months and months doing surveillance and tens of thousands of tax dollars to aprehend these deranged and dangerous criminals. They are the biggest threat to the existence of western civilization and should definitely be locked up for ever.

Yea... they should really just ignore these hackers and give them free reign on the internet to shutdown, destroy, and steal whatever they like.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2012, 13:12 Fibrocyte

SirKnight wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 09:51:
Google Play? LOL! What a stupid name. Android Market made a lot of sense and was obvious what it was. But hearing Google Play it's like...what? what's that? A music player or something?

Agree... wth

Ugh.

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial
9. Re: The Old Republic Patch Plans, Friends Trial Mar 7, 2012, 11:29 Fibrocyte

Ripperjack wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:02:
A friends trial offer, so soon after release? This game WILL go F2P within 6 months, if this keeps up. Then you can play your WoW with glow sticks for free, each month.

I realize you are trying to be witty and I have high hopes that you'll get there eventually.

15. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 11:01 Fibrocyte

coldcut wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 09:54:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 09:45:
Who?
Fail.

It's sarcasm... Speechless

3. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 09:45 Fibrocyte

Who?  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play Dropped
11. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play Dropped Mar 6, 2012, 14:42 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 14:09:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 13:23:
Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 13:13:
It's entirely a controller issue. MS and Sony have tried this too and to their great surprise *gasp* the console people always get utterly destroyed by PC players. So that's really not a whole lot of fun for them. So there's really no point in cross-platform play.

So why don't they come out and say it, then? What do they have to lose by telling the truth?

EDIT: If it were as simple as "PC players destroy all non-PC players" then they could simply add multiple server types: pure-console, pure-PC, mixed.

They have a lot to lose because they're admitting it's an inferior platform all around. For gameplay, for graphics, etc. Not to mention you have to pay to multiplay on the Xbox. You are seriously on a considerable amount of drugs if you think console players with controllers can compete with PC players.

I know that most PC players have an advantage over most console players. That's not the point.

If they came out and said "we're dropping cross platform support because we've observed that PC players have an advantage over console players" then they wouldn't lose a single sale. This isn't news to anyone.

So I'm just wondering if you have any good reasons for your theory, or if you're just console bashing to fit in with the Blues community?

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play Dropped
5. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Cross-Platform Play Dropped Mar 6, 2012, 13:23 Fibrocyte

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 13:13:
It's entirely a controller issue. MS and Sony have tried this too and to their great surprise *gasp* the console people always get utterly destroyed by PC players. So that's really not a whole lot of fun for them. So there's really no point in cross-platform play.

So why don't they come out and say it, then? What do they have to lose by telling the truth?

EDIT: If it were as simple as "PC players destroy all non-PC players" then they could simply add multiple server types: pure-console, pure-PC, mixed.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
43. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 13:17 Fibrocyte

Bhruic wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 13:08:
Yes.

In that case, I have this wonderful bridge to sell you. Cheap.

Only a moron would try to sell a bridge they didn't own.

40. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 12:58 Fibrocyte

Illumin wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 12:02:
Yakubs wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 09:48:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 09:34:
I wonder if there are any moral qualms on Blue's part about advertising that ME3 is available for download like this...

You honestly think there's a pirate out there who was blissfully unaware of his own intentions to pirate this game, and had his $60 ready and waiting, but then this BluesNews post reminded him to go do so?

Yes. Someone has 60 bucks set aside ready to buy a game and they find out they can get it for free just by reading the news? Damn stright. You don't have to be 40 years old living in your mom's basement to be a pirate. Average everyday people wanting to save 60.00 that say to themselves, I've bought shitty games before this is just my way of trying before buying. Then they never end up buying. If you don't think that happens I can tell you your wrong.

Im not knocking Blues because your right it is news. But people do see that ME3 can be gotten free and they go looking for it.
Its not Blues fault. Its no worse than the news saying "coppers is at an all time high" then right after that talk about how empty houses are being stripped of copper.

This is pretty much what I was trying to convey.

Had this been 8 years ago I "know a guy" who very well may have acted just because of this particular article on bluesnews.

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 10:03 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 09:59:
Your thinking might have been straightforward but your writing wasnt. You wrote 'advertising'. There is nothing ambivalent about your wording in the sentence you used. Had you used the word 'reporting' instead of 'advertising' the sentence and its meaning would be entirely different.

Right. I'm sorry you were confused.

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 09:51 Fibrocyte

InBlack wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 09:43:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 09:34:
I wonder if there are any moral qualms on Blue's part about advertising that ME3 is available for download like this...

You know there is a reason why this site is called Bluesnews. It has something to do with news.

Advertising is not the same as reporting. For one thing advertizing isnt free. Are you suggesting that Blue is getting paid by pirates to promote their 'free' warez games?

No, I'm not suggesting that and I can't fathom how your brain even went there other than to start some unnecessary argument.

My thinking was as straightforward as what I posted. I wonder if Blue has a hesitation before posting such an article where he thinks "am I increasing the number of pirated downloads of this game by publishing this bit of news?"

If you have someone who pirates software -and- their only/primary gaming news source is bluesnews.com then he probably did.

That's what I was wondering. I never said anything about whether he should or should not.

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 5, 2012, 09:34 Fibrocyte

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Mar 4, 2012, 18:59 Fibrocyte

She's surprisingly not ugly.  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
107. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 4, 2012, 18:21 Fibrocyte

Beamer wrote on Mar 4, 2012, 14:03:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 4, 2012, 11:45:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 4, 2012, 01:18:
Are you crazy? Where did that make any sense? Are people going to start playing PC games on the couch with keyboard and mouse? Yeah? Really?

I do it right now, you oaf.

If done right, the SteamBox will sell well and increase Valve's profits substantially. I'd be surprised if they didn't do this right.

You're one in a billion. There's a reason why so many companies have desperately tried to make some kind of mouse/keyboard combo for couches - what we have now does not work. The keyboard can be ok, but the mouse? I used to do some work on the couch, and it fucks your wrist up very, very quickly. You can buy a couch desk to rectify that, but who wants to bother?

Many on this board are convinced that console users want the luxury of having a mouse and keyboard you pick specifically, that they want to be able to tweak performance of both their games and their hardware, and that they want all that a PC offers.
Many on this board are wrong. These things that matter to us aren't interesting to most gamers, which is why they're on consoles and not PCs.

I have a Logitech Anywhere mouse that works flawlessly on my couch. It works on the cushion that I'm sitting on or up on the arm rest. No mouse pad is used or required, either. No wrist issues here, though I understand where you're coming from.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
98. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 4, 2012, 11:45 Fibrocyte

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 4, 2012, 01:18:
Are you crazy? Where did that make any sense? Are people going to start playing PC games on the couch with keyboard and mouse? Yeah? Really?

I do it right now, you oaf.

If done right, the SteamBox will sell well and increase Valve's profits substantially. I'd be surprised if they didn't do this right.

1260 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo