Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Vulkan

Real Name Vulkan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vulkan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 17, 2007, 21:46
Total Comments 276 (Amateur)
User ID 43580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Released; Knocks Servers Offline
5. Re: Destiny 2: Shadowkeep Released; Knocks Servers Offline Oct 1, 2019, 20:03 Vulkan

I saw a total of 150k concurrent players last I checked, no wonder the servers are now a smoldering crater.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Patches
5. Re: Sunday Patches Sep 8, 2019, 22:03 Vulkan

D4V: It's a cool mod, the most impressive part is that it is dehacked based meaning you can run it with the original Doom 2 executable but because of this, it's rather basic at emulating Doom 2016 when it comes to features, it's more of a Doom 2016 skin than it is a conversion. For more feature rich ZDoom alternatives, take a look at Doom 4 Doom, Death Foretold and ARGENT. D4D is my personal favorite of the bunch.

While you're at it, go play the Ashes 2063 and Guncaster mods. And if you're *really* masochistic, Hideous Destructor.

News Comments > Cube World Nears
5. Re: Cube World Nears Sep 7, 2019, 23:45 Vulkan

It's been so long, I don't even have access to the email account I used to buy it anymore.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VIII - REMASTERED Released
6. Re: FINAL FANTASY VIII - REMASTERED Released Sep 4, 2019, 09:38 Vulkan

LOC wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 01:26:
Simon Says wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 00:06:
Looks just like the original and worse than some mods... What am I missing?

I'm not sure why they bothered with this to be honest. As I understand things, the code for the game was lost right after the original PC release back in 99 or whenever it was. So any improvements made to the game since then aka this version, is just upscaled or uprezzed models and some tweaks here and there to the visuals. They have no access to the backgrounds, lighting and shadow systems and whatever else might be under the hood. Unless they found someone to actually unpack the code or backwards engineer it (or hired someone good with the current codebase) its just another version of the near 20 year old PC version as it is.

This always gets brought up when discussions of "Why no FF8 remaster?" would crop up and nobody ever seems to be able to properly source the claim. It certainly would make sense, but I don't understand how remasters of every other title in the series have been made available, when the same practice of getting rid of all the original art masters and source code was also commonplace for them.

Oh well, in my head canon, the reason for it is that Square Enix was just trying to delete FF8 from existence and the collective memories of everyone. Joke's on them though: I'm one of the 17 people that liked it.

News Comments > Op Ed
26. Re: Aug 18, 2019, 08:21 Vulkan

Beamer wrote on Aug 17, 2019, 17:47:
Man, some of you really hate stories about non-straight people

As with any story, how much I like it depends on how well written and implemented it is. A game like The Missing does it very well, where the subject of the main character's gender is integral to what the game's story is about and the message that it's trying to convey; this stuff in BL3 just seems to have been added in as a bizarre "Just because we can" afterthought.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 1, 2019, 02:57 Vulkan

RoR picked from a pool of different layouts for each zone, as far as I can tell they don't have that in 2 yet.

And all I want is my sniper class back.

News Comments > Dead or Alive 6 Released
5. Re: Dead or Alive 6 Released Mar 1, 2019, 11:13 Vulkan

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 1, 2019, 10:41:
Mordhaus wrote on Mar 1, 2019, 10:17:
93 bucks for a season pass. God fighting games have become such a massive cash grab. Thanks Capcom for starting the trend.

Lol, fighting games were invented as a cash grab. How many billions of quarters have been spent on losing a match in less than a minute since the late '80s?

Anyway, if you'll notice, that season pass averages $1.45 per item and is made up of 97% cosmetics. So it's simple enough to skip for anyone who isn't a hardcore fan.

I could have put myself through college with the amount of quarters I dumped into Tekken 3 matches.

News Comments > Boycott May Cause Next Metro Game to Skip PC
56. Re: Boycott May Cause Next Metro Game to Skip PC Feb 2, 2019, 16:42 Vulkan

Sometimes I wonder if people- both the players and the developers, forget that at the end of the day it's just a bunch of videogames that they're bickering about, glorified expensive toys made for entertainment.

It's not oxygen or water or something I need to sustain myself so don't worry mr. Developer, I'll be fine if they don't end up on PC and I can't play them anymore.

News Comments > The Fall of Starbreeze
9. Re: The Fall of Starbreeze Jan 28, 2019, 15:10 Vulkan

Won't comment on the whole Starbreeze debacle because who didn't see that one coming a mile away, but damn, what a great job the author did on this article.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 20, 2019, 23:04 Vulkan

Japanese games and ALL CAPS go hand in hand, as seen in titles such as DARK SOULS III, GOD EATER 2, FINAL FANTASY XV and DEEP SPACE WAIFU: NEKOMIMI although that last one might not actually be Japanese but hey, I needed something with an outrageous name to be the butt of my joke and couldn't remember anything off the top of my head.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jan 8, 2019, 21:03 Vulkan

And of course the comments section on the Rimworld review are already closed.  

News Comments > CliffyB: The Musical
1. Re: CliffyB: The Musical Dec 27, 2018, 10:50 Vulkan

The stage will surely be filled with chest high walls.  

News Comments > John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow
33. Re: John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow Dec 10, 2018, 00:53 Vulkan

Show of hands: Who else here has actually played Gunman Taco Truck?  

News Comments > 125K Find Super Seducer Attractive; Sequel Announced
14. Re: 125K Find Super Seducer 2 Attractive; Sequel Announced Sep 25, 2018, 05:29 Vulkan

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 04:12:
So, uh, does this game really teach you how to pick up wimmenz?

Asking for a friend.

It's a campy, tongue-in-cheek, silly game drawing from the same well as Leisure Suit Larry did many years ago with another generation. So no, not really.

As a bonus, I'll let you in on the secret to pick up any wimmen:

1. Be attractive.
2. Don't not be attractive.

News Comments > OVERKILLíS The Walking Dead Closed Beta Next Month
4. Re: OVERKILLíS The Walking Dead Closed Beta Next Month Sep 10, 2018, 00:02 Vulkan

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 15:43:
Been keeping a close eye on this along with GTFO (stupid name, yes) for some good co-op fun but I suspect that in this case it's going to be overlooked by my friends simply because it's a TWD game and are so jaded from the TV series that it'll be hard pass.

I'd be more jaded about this being an Overkill game than a TWD one, I bet dollars to donuts it's just gonna be Payday style mechanics but with zombies instead of cops. Y'know, go into room, press F on objective, room doors lock and objective starts doing its thing but it'll take 5 minutes for it to finish while enemies attack you, etc etc.

And I swear to god if they manage to figure out how to cram carrying heavy bags into this game...

News Comments > System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update
8. Re: System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update Sep 8, 2018, 10:25 Vulkan

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 07:33:
They also didn't release screenshots or a gameplay video to illustrate the changes which is really retarded so they kind of made up in stupidity for no BR and no MTX.

There is always something...

I suppose no screenshots because it basically looks the same. The only differences are that it doesn't run like ass anymore if you play it at anything above 1024x768 since it no longer relies on dosbox, the menus are fancier with a new range of options, and the face portraits for the emails were redone. It's the new, best option to play the game if anyone hasn't yet.

Played through the first three floors and it feels great, though now with the modernized control options, it feels waaay too easy.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced
9. Re: Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced Aug 14, 2018, 15:07 Vulkan

Jagged Alliance is the one series where I simultaneously want someone to do the series right and finally put out a good followup to JA2, while at the same time wishing for the same people to just please let it die when they inevitably put out a terrible game that taints the JA name even further.  

News Comments > System Shock Source Code Released
1. Re: System Shock Source Code Released Apr 8, 2018, 14:03 Vulkan

I'm excited for the prospect of some source ports, the current enhanced edition is a bit of a frankenmonster held together by duct tape and hope.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2018, 09:23 Vulkan

I'll go with Have a Cigar / Wish You Were Here / Shine on You Crazy Diamond 6-9 off Pink Floyd's Wish You were Here Side B. And agreed, there are so many good ones to pick from.  

News Comments > Ghost of a Tale Released
3. Re: Ghost of a Tale Released Mar 18, 2018, 14:31 Vulkan

I was playing this earlier, the art director for this game should get multiple awards. The look of the enviroments and the animation on the characters look like something out of a big budget animated film. Extra points for doing it all on the Unity engine.  

276 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo