Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vulkan

Real Name Vulkan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Vulkan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 17, 2007, 21:46
Total Comments 264 (Amateur)
User ID 43580

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow
33. Re: John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow Dec 10, 2018, 00:53 Vulkan

Show of hands: Who else here has actually played Gunman Taco Truck?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 125K Find Super Seducer Attractive; Sequel Announced
14. Re: 125K Find Super Seducer 2 Attractive; Sequel Announced Sep 25, 2018, 05:29 Vulkan

jdreyer wrote on Sep 25, 2018, 04:12:
So, uh, does this game really teach you how to pick up wimmenz?

Asking for a friend.

It's a campy, tongue-in-cheek, silly game drawing from the same well as Leisure Suit Larry did many years ago with another generation. So no, not really.

As a bonus, I'll let you in on the secret to pick up any wimmen:

1. Be attractive.
2. Don't not be attractive.

News Comments > OVERKILL’S The Walking Dead Closed Beta Next Month
4. Re: OVERKILL’S The Walking Dead Closed Beta Next Month Sep 10, 2018, 00:02 Vulkan

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 9, 2018, 15:43:
Been keeping a close eye on this along with GTFO (stupid name, yes) for some good co-op fun but I suspect that in this case it's going to be overlooked by my friends simply because it's a TWD game and are so jaded from the TV series that it'll be hard pass.

I'd be more jaded about this being an Overkill game than a TWD one, I bet dollars to donuts it's just gonna be Payday style mechanics but with zombies instead of cops. Y'know, go into room, press F on objective, room doors lock and objective starts doing its thing but it'll take 5 minutes for it to finish while enemies attack you, etc etc.

And I swear to god if they manage to figure out how to cram carrying heavy bags into this game...

News Comments > System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update
8. Re: System Shock: Enhanced Edition Source Port Update Sep 8, 2018, 10:25 Vulkan

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 8, 2018, 07:33:
They also didn't release screenshots or a gameplay video to illustrate the changes which is really retarded so they kind of made up in stupidity for no BR and no MTX.

There is always something...

I suppose no screenshots because it basically looks the same. The only differences are that it doesn't run like ass anymore if you play it at anything above 1024x768 since it no longer relies on dosbox, the menus are fancier with a new range of options, and the face portraits for the emails were redone. It's the new, best option to play the game if anyone hasn't yet.

Played through the first three floors and it feels great, though now with the modernized control options, it feels waaay too easy.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced
9. Re: Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced Aug 14, 2018, 15:07 Vulkan

Jagged Alliance is the one series where I simultaneously want someone to do the series right and finally put out a good followup to JA2, while at the same time wishing for the same people to just please let it die when they inevitably put out a terrible game that taints the JA name even further.  

News Comments > System Shock Source Code Released
1. Re: System Shock Source Code Released Apr 8, 2018, 14:03 Vulkan

I'm excited for the prospect of some source ports, the current enhanced edition is a bit of a frankenmonster held together by duct tape and hope.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2018, 09:23 Vulkan

I'll go with Have a Cigar / Wish You Were Here / Shine on You Crazy Diamond 6-9 off Pink Floyd's Wish You were Here Side B. And agreed, there are so many good ones to pick from.  

News Comments > Ghost of a Tale Released
3. Re: Ghost of a Tale Released Mar 18, 2018, 14:31 Vulkan

I was playing this earlier, the art director for this game should get multiple awards. The look of the enviroments and the animation on the characters look like something out of a big budget animated film. Extra points for doing it all on the Unity engine.  

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Mar 12, 2018, 14:09 Vulkan

Pigeon wrote on Mar 12, 2018, 14:04:
I mean Plants vs. Zombies = border control!? WTF?

Gotta admit, had to check I wasn't reading The Onion. Politics aside, this article deserves some kind of prize for its unintentional comedic value.

News Comments > GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash
18. Re: GDC Reconsidering Bushnell Award After Backlash Jan 31, 2018, 18:05 Vulkan

Rigs wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:59:
Squirmer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:36:
Statement from Bushnell:

“I applaud the GDC for ensuring their institution reflects what is right,” Atari co-founder Nolan Bushnell says via Twitter, “specifically with regards to how people should be treated in the workplace. And if that means an award is the price I have to pay personally so the whole industry may be more aware and sensitive to these issues, I applaud that, too. If my personal actions or the actions of anyone who ever worked with me offended or caused pain to anyone at our companies, then I apologize without reservation.”

Eh, he handled it better than I ever would... *shrugs*

=-Rigs-=

I feel like people shouldn't have to apologize when they haven't done anything wrong, but maybe that's just me.

News Comments > PC Dead Rising Rises
14. Re: PC Dead Rising Rises Sep 14, 2016, 08:02 Vulkan

Jerykk wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 03:02:
El Pit wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 00:58:
Jerykk wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 23:28:
Dead Rising is not supposed to be a relaxing walking simulator.

Yes, you are so right. Dying Light was absolutely a "relaxing walking simulator."

https://youtu.be/BNsrK6P9QvI

I am hopeful there will be a trainer/mod that will let people play the game like they want.

Dying Light didn't have any sense of urgency. The only time the game had any real intensity was when you were dealing with the Volatiles.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Dying Light a lot but it had a pretty relaxed pacing, just like 99% of open-world games. You were able to do everything so you never had to make any difficult choices. Dead Rising is a very different kind of game. If you disable the time limit, you are fundamentally changing how the game is meant to be experienced. It's equivalent to disabling permadeath in a rogue-like. Sure, such changes make the game more convenient but they remove much of what defines the experience as a whole.

Dead Rising is designed for multiple playthroughs and as such, you shouldn't expect to see or do everything in a single playthrough. If you can accept that, you should be able to understand why the time limit is a core to the experience.

To further his point: The levels you get to keep through playthroughs come with 3 separate speed upgrades, which are in essence time extensions for letting you do more things with the time you are given. Once you get all 3, you have more than enough time to do everything you need to do with plenty of time to spare.

I will also add that failing one of the main objectives because you ran out of time to be where you needed to be doesn't mean game over, it means you'll get a different ending. The only way to game over is if you die.

There's a reason doing a 72 hour + overtime mode clear off a level 1 save with all survivors saved is considered a huge deal, it's absolutely considered a challenge run in the like of a speedrun or a "fists only" type run if you attempt it.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2016, 17:58 Vulkan

"Nevertheless, according to Fahey, non-traditional games and titles tackling tough subject matter aren’t frequenting Steam due to all the 'toxic' community members"

It's almost as if Steam is filled with, y'know, actual gamers.

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Released
6. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Released Oct 31, 2015, 03:19 Vulkan

Frijoles wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 23:26:
Yeah, I've tried several times, and I can't ever get very far. I even bought the latest one just off of reviews, but I can't see the appeal. I'm guessing I have to clear the whole level/boss at the end before I can save at least something from the run? Starting over from scratch every time only frustrates me and makes me rage quit.

To add to MisterBenn's post: Train your eyes to look for discolored rocks with Xs etched on them, bomb these rocks to get silver colored soul hearts which shield your red hearts from taking damage. These are a must for getting deals with the devil which is the no-brainer way of getting a run to snowball out of control.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 12:20 Vulkan

"The poster child for this right now might be Zoe Quinn, who at the time of writing has yet to be able to return to her home due to the recent unpleasantness (and is drawing closer to becoming the video game world's fatwa-era Salman Rushdie by the day)"

Yes, she's *just* like Rushdie. Right in the trash you go mr. bad article.

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
26. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 13:56 Vulkan

First there was #SaveShamu, now we have #SaveShenmue.  

News Comments > For Honor Announced
5. Re: For Honor Announced Jun 15, 2015, 22:43 Vulkan

Duels remind me of Bushido Blade.  

News Comments > Hatred in June
11. Re: Hatred in June Apr 29, 2015, 12:29 Vulkan

Beyond all the silly controversy, I really like the look of this game aesthetically.  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs
10. Re: GTA5 PC Graphics Options Detailed; Game May Span 7 Discs Apr 8, 2015, 19:57 Vulkan

So one thing I'm trying to figure out is how I manage the controls.

Gamepad is superior for driving and flying. M&K is gonna be great for on foot with first person. No more auto lock combat like on the PS3.

My dilemma is driving AND shooting. Using M&K is going to make shooting much easier, but then I'll need to be using the keyboard to drive while doing that....

I guess it will come down to how well the cars handle with non-analog controls.

First world problems.

I really need to patent that idea for the keyboard with pressure sensitive WASD keys.

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
19. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 18, 2015, 20:24 Vulkan

Takes me back to the days of the Pentium MMX and the ridiculous marketing claims coming out of the PR department.

Turns out, MMX did *not* replace 3d cards.

News Comments > Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed
1. Re: Mass Effect 4 Multiplayer Revealed Feb 13, 2015, 09:49 Vulkan

It's like someone clobbered me over the head with a potato sack full of buzzwords.  

264 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo