It all looks weird, because:
- there's not enough blood. Even when there is some more blood occasionally, it's still not enough
- monsters gibbing... there aren't enough gibs and they do not create splashes of blood on walls and floors. Even Quake 1 was more bloody with just a few square blood particles than this
- monsters' bodies disappearing pretty quickly
- how many areas will be "kill all the demons before a door opens"? I didn't watch the whole video but I think I saw a few areas like that. That's not Doom. That's Serious Sam/Painkiller.
- getting experience, upgrading suit, upgrading weapons, that just sucks
- thankfuly, the glowing enemies which can be finished off in melee can be turned off. I wonder if the health/ammo stuff flying out of demons can be stopped from glowing so much
- and yes, why the hell would a demon drop health packs or ammo if it doesn't use such health kits or ammo?
- couldn't hear the audio of the game, I hope the sounds are good and dynamic. Make the weapons loud and not sound like a pellet gun.
- double jump. Why?
- I hope the story is good and interesting. I know their emphasis was on killing demons but I want a good reason to keep doing it before I get bored
- probably Snap Map only and no mod tools of any kind. No mods of any kind. No truly custom maps. No fan made remakes of the classics.
Of course, the final opinion must be based after playing the game, but so far... I don't think I'm buying Doom. It's not an oldschool shooter at all. It's a modern shooter and the only oldschool element being futuristic base corridors instead of open world s**it.
Wow, I didn't realize I'd write so much negative stuff about this game