Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 4917 (Master)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 10, 2017, 12:50 NKD

Because YouTube is the only place anyone can find videos right?  

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 10, 2017, 12:46 NKD

Everyone losing their spaghetti over the pointless crates. You don't need them, they provide little benefit. In fact I'd say purchasing them is a hindrance because you're basically just paying to not play the game.

People freaking out about them aren't helping. They are just ensuring that the next time a game comes out with microtransactions that DO affect the game, no one is going to listen to us because a bunch of ignorant cocksuckers cried wolf one too many times.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

News Comments > etc.
16. Re: etc. Oct 9, 2017, 03:17 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 9, 2017, 02:38:
Somethingsomething assumptions based on words. Enjoying that ignorance of yours. Also enjoying that usual liberal/progressive belief that anyone who disagrees with someone else is a "basement dweller." Maybe next time you could come up with something original? Perhaps you could try tossing in virgin, neckbeard, or something along those lines. It'll really help you get those internet points with someone.

I'd think you're the one concerned with Internet points with your constant circlejerking in T_D, metacanada and MensRights. We don't have points here at Blues.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2017, 23:45 NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 22:37:

Is your world that small? Do you ever leave the basement?

Would he be a radical AnCap if he ever left the basement?

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 8, 2017, 19:47 NKD

It is interesting how display technology has sort of stagnated in terms of an effective widespread replacement for LCD. FED/SED tech went nowhere, OLED has burn-in issues and the blue subpixels decay rapidly, and this microLED thing seems like it's a ways off from viability, if it ever is.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2017, 17:15 NKD

Sick Rantorum needs to fuck off.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
28. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 8, 2017, 14:07 NKD

Here's an example of MA's "Liberals" on KiA

Liberals, well known fans of Project Veritas, Stephen Crowder, and oh look some Anti-Semitic dogwhistling.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2017, 04:15 NKD

I do love how they always name this legislation something so patriotic and/or innocent sounding. Often times it does the precise opposite of what the name implies it does.  

News Comments > GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car
5. Re: GTA Online Adding Modes and a Bat-Tacular Car Oct 7, 2017, 20:09 NKD

To clarify they haven't added any additional heists since the initial 5. Supposedly they were too expensive and time consuming to make relative to player interest in them.

I stopped playing shortly after heists because of cheaters and shit but recently got back into it when I found a community that games the matchmaking system to create safe sessions. Since then they've added primarily multiplayer modes, businesses to run, and a shit ton of vehicles, both run of the mill cars, and weaponized shit. Recently they added a bunch of new planes.

Their content cycle is to release a big update with several new vehicles and usually a new business. They then release the rest of the vehicles from the update once a week on Tuesday, leading up to the next update.

While the updates are generally themed (this recent one, airplanes, with a hangar to store them and summon them from), they do mix in regular cars with every update and sometimes seasonal stuff. The Batmobile is going to be a Halloween thing.

To anyone looking to get back into it... if you plan on playing in random public sessions, play on PS4 or something. PC has too many modders blowing up entire lobbies of people and crashing peoples games. I avoid public lobbies like the plague.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2017, 20:21.

18. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 7, 2017, 08:29 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 06:49:

And I remember. Did you ever think for a moment that they didn't change but you did? That rather then them "going right" you went "further left" and went so far left that you are now seeing nazi's hiding under your sheets and labeling people as pseudo-nazi's.

Maybe, but I don't think so. I'm still a free speech absolutist. I think you should be able to say whatever the fuck you want, and I should be able to call you whatever the fuck I want for having said it. I still think the campus hysteria going on is bullshit, and don't support no-platforming people. I think you have to let people speak if you want to call them out on their bullshit.

What I can't get behind is people who try and defend folks like Bannon. Not just his right to speak his mind, but defending him as a person and downplaying the things he has said in the past. When KiA has threads about Bannon and other Breitbart-tier dog whistlers they aren't just saying "I hate this guy but he has the right to speak." No, they are saying "This is actually a decent guy!" Sorry, couching his racism in absolutely transparent euphemisms doesn't make him any better.

I also can't get behind anyone who supports a guy like Donald Trump as President. He's an up-jumped scam artist and reality TV buffoon who I first learned of via tabloid covers while shopping with my mother as a child. Anyone who grew up in the 70s or 80s knows exactly who and what Trump is. Particularly if you're from NYC.

Also, since you asked. Here is the profile of the typical KiA user these days. Another one. And I found these guys in one small thread. If you'd like I can probably dig up a good hundred or so T_D posters in the first page alone.

Of course now I'm sure you'll argue Trump has great support on the left and T_D is a leftist paradise.

EDIT: Found this lovely tool. If you scroll down to the calculator you can put in a subreddit and it will show you how similar they are in terms of users. Typing in KotakuInAction gives you the anti-SJW subs you would expect, but also highly correlates with Mens Rights, The_Donald, 4chan, CringeAnarchy, and other lovely lovely places that I'm sure are full of leftists. Doesn't seem to correlate with any ACTUAL leftist subs though, strangely.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2017, 08:59.

13. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 7, 2017, 00:30 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 00:04:
Unless of course you're saying that a bunch of leftists(the vast majority of KiA are left-leaning after all)

That hasn't been true in a long time. Those of us on the left who were following the Gamergate stuff got chased out by Trumpers a long time ago. The place was taken over by a bunch of baby snowflakes who are worse than the SJWs we used to laugh at in there.

That's why 90% of the threads in there are about people "censoring" the alt-reich instead of about game journalism.

If the left is so hell bent on painting everyone as Nazis, why does the "left-leaning KIA" seem so concerned about how alt-right provocateurs are portrayed by the media?

EDIT: FYI you can search my post history for "Gamergate" and you can see that my comments in early 2015, late 2014 are generally supportive of GG and dismissive of the people who were smearing it. I was an early supporter and thought that we needed to clean up games journalism a bit. But GG, particularly KiA, went way beyond that and started taking up the banner of the opposition to any and all things to the left of Breitbart.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2017, 00:50.

11. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 6, 2017, 22:17 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 21:11:
Unable to find triggered trump supporters on reddit. Looks more like they're too busy laughing at the company who put the "fearless girl" statue in front of the bull, being fined $5m for engaging in discriminatory pay practices against women and minorities. And pointing out the censorship of youtube with their deletion of videos of the black somali 'refugee' that committed a mass-shooting last weekish at a church.

Looking at it right this second, most of the Wolfenstein shit seems to have quited down on T_D, but it's still going strong over on KotakuInAction. But to be fair, they do currently seem pretty focused on finding alternative theories to the Las Vegas shooting that don't involve a rich white man or guns, rather than on Wolfenstein. All sorts of Sandy Hook level conspiracy theories.

Here they are upset that the Deputy Director of the FBI is involved in the investigation, alleging that he has some Clinton bias, as if that's relevant.

Here some minor discrepancy equals he didn't do it false flag false flag.

Even better, an old phone charger left in the hotel room means bigly conspiracy, folks.

Footage is faked, shooting didn't happen. Because some random skinhead on Youtube says so. For bonus points check out the number two post in the thread where homeboy links a crazy ass video about people 'floating'.

Government is hiding a secret tape that proves the shooter was ISIS.

This does seem more important to them than Wolfenstein at the moment, so you're right about that much at least.

6. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 6, 2017, 20:40 NKD

Rilcon wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 20:27:
Whole bunch of marketing and ~fake news~; there's no controversy over this game,

Trumpians on reddit seem pretty triggered about it. But I'm sure that's a false flag using fake accounts right? Something something Soros something (((globalists)))?

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 20:35:
It's not people being offended by this. That's not the actual problem. It's more that people are bothered by the normalization and justification of violence as a political dissent tool.

I don't know about you but I was killing Nazis in 1992 on my PC, if I remember the year correctly. It's hardly a new concept or a new disturbing political statement.

There should be only one thing LESS controversial than depicting the murder of Nazis: depicting the re-deadifying of the undead.

1. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 6, 2017, 20:06 NKD

If you're offended by Wolfenstein portraying a Nazi run America and giving you the chance to clean it up: You're an American Nazi. It's that simple. Maybe you're in denial, but we've been killing Nazis in video games for a long ass time now, there's no reason to start getting offended now unless you've started to identify with the Nazi label.

There's no other reason you should be offended at the safest possible villain choice next to the undead.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements
17. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins System Requirements Oct 6, 2017, 17:28 NKD

Inclined to agree with Kxmode on this one. The only thing more meaningful than "High @ 1080p" would be actual uncompressed video footage with framerate counter, and that's not really within the scope of System Requirements.

If you're really so worried, wait for reviews, or at least the Nvidia optimization guide that seems to accompany all Ubisoft game releases, like you should be anyway.

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 17:26 NKD

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 17:02:
Personally I find the dirty Chinese restaurant game pretty funny. It seems our health department is shutting one of those down about every month. Mexican restaurants are also common on this list. There are a lot of clean ones of course, but that does not excuse the dirty ones.

"When ethnic restaurant owners send us their food, they aren't sending us their best. There are rats, roaches, severed fingers. And some, I assume, are edible meals."

"We need to shut them all down until we can vet them properly and figure out what the hell is going on!"

News Comments > Discord Adds Video Chat
1. Re: Discord Adds Video Chat Oct 6, 2017, 17:20 NKD

I love Discord. Got to uninstall all my other stupid voice chat programs like Skype, TS, Mumble, and Ventrilo, because literally everyone I play games with or talk to on voice has moved over.

It's great for text chat too, and the few IRC communities I was still in moved over as well... so my IRC client vanished too.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 12:10 NKD

Also can I just point out how this dude is crying about how they should they "let the free market decide" and conveniently ignoring that bad press, and responding to bad press, is a big part of the free market? It's not like the government said "Yo, you can't sell this shit."

Homie, you're not a supporter of the free market if you don't support the chance at occasionally being out-done by over-sensitives ninnies.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 6, 2017, 11:51 NKD

Timmeh wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 11:34:
Holy crap our world is descending into leftist progressive PC hell.

Who cares if your game is offensive! Release it and let the free market decide. "this game hurt my feelings"... give me a damn break.

Every one of you leftist antifa worshiping fools on this site are partially responsible for this garbage.

You sound pretty triggered. And what's this about the "free market"? Are you a globalist cuck in bed with the deep state?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 5, 2017, 23:27 NKD

SNES Classic seems like a solid thing. Hard to justify with emulator at my disposal but it'll get a lot more eyeballs on some of the classics.

One thing that bugged me in the video is homeboy said that pixel perfect is the closest to how it would have looked back in the day. That's actually not correct. SNES output a 4:3 image, while using 8:7 internally, i.e. nearly square.

Some game artists actually accounted for the horizontal stretching in their sprite design. Some did not.

Final Fantasy VI, for example, has sprites designed with the stretch in mind. Playing at the internal aspect ratio gives you something that looks squished compared to what you would have seen back in the day. Super Mario World on the other hand is still "squished" but actually looks better for it since ovals become circles and it clearly was designed for play at 8:7.

Many people playing SNES games on emulators never bothered using any features that restored the 4:3 aspect ratio, and are used to seeing the 8:7 image. So really Pixel Perfect is there for people who are used to what you'd get in an emulator by default, rather than for the authentic experience.

4917 Comments. 246 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo