Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5721 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2018, 11:11 NKD

I've asked my doctor about ketamine for my otherwise seemingly untreatable depression but he's not convinced yet. I don't have good insurance so I can't really doctor shop, either. Kind of a bummer. Seems pretty promising for people who can get a hold of it though.

I've honestly thought about finding out what the therapeutic dose is of it and just getting some off the dark web, but that's always kinda risky.

"Broke their brown backs chasing Mr. White's dream,
that Bill of Rights was just a pyramid scheme."
- Nunca David Hidalgo & Los Refugio Tiernos
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 29, 2018, 03:55 NKD

Christ this guys voice is grating. Tried to get through it but I couldn't.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 29, 2018, 03:44 NKD

NicklePop wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 00:23:
NKD wrote on Aug 29, 2018, 00:11:
NicklePop wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 23:15:
Highly intelligent people don't follow narratives.

Okay, but what about you?

... another ad hominem fallacy without addressing subject, which is to say "the only thing which occurs on the internet"

Bizarre the pedo denial autobot response... so much evidence of consistent high-level institutional child abuse.

This "left" focused mob I'm gathering you support is the Catholic Church of 1100 CE

It's not an ad hominem fallacy if I'm not making an argument. It's just an insult designed to elicit a reaction, apparently successfully.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2018, 00:23 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 21:35:
Evangelical voters, who supposedly love “family values,” have stood solidly by tRump through “Grab ‘em by the pussy,” pee tape allegations, payments to Stormy Daniels, and much more.
Though evangelical leader Jerry Fallwell Jr. recently spoke about his disdain for Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the reasoning he gave shows that his support for the president is stronger than ever. “[Sessions] really is not on the president’s team, never was,” Falwell told Politico.

This is a good read for anyone who wants to understand Rethuglicans.

Basically, it's a well-sourced collection of statistics regarding opinion polls that shows Republicans will support just about anything if their God Emperor tells them its good. Meanwhile, Democrats don't exhibit even close to that level of flipping.

Republicans did a 180 on Syrian airstrikes after 2016 in order to fall in line with GEOTUS. Democrats barely budged and had a low approval rating for the airstrikes similar to what they had under Obama.

Republicans approval rating of Putin skyrocketed after Trump started kissing his ass. Before Trump, Democrats were actually slightly more friendly to Putin than Republicans, and they dropped a bit after Trump but nowhere near the degree to which Republicans got on board with Putin.

Religious folks, especially evangelicals, suddenly became EXTREMELY tolerant of transgressions in a politicians personal life after Trump. While religiously unaffiliated people became slightly less tolerant.

It just goes on and on, there are tons of examples, with sources. Republicans are Koolaid drinkers and there's no data to support the same for Democrats.

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 29, 2018, 00:11 NKD

NicklePop wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 23:15:
Highly intelligent people don't follow narratives.

Okay, but what about you?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
24. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 22:39 NKD

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 20:40:
NKD wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 20:26:
Scheherazade wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 19:24:

I'm not saying their channels are off line right now. Simply that they've been hit with strikes for hate speech multiple times in the past for multiple videos that patently had no hate speech.

-scheherazade

Sam Harris reader/listener here. I'm fairly certain that he's never received a strike on YouTube, and his podcast is supported by listener donations, not ads.

I remember him mentioning it.

I googled but all I can find is this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-Thavg1sY
( Where a guy got a youtube community guideline strike just for putting a Harris video in his playlist. Then Rogan talks about how his podcast gets flagged whenever Harris is a guest. )

-scheherazade

18 seconds into that JRE clip and Rogan has already said "Jamie, pull that up"

If I had a nickle for everytime he was like "Jamie, pull up the video of the octopus who took MDMA" My favorite JRE meme.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 22:34 NKD

Elon is pretty nutty sometimes. Then again most of these types of guys are.  

21. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 20:26 NKD

Scheherazade wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 19:24:

I'm not saying their channels are off line right now. Simply that they've been hit with strikes for hate speech multiple times in the past for multiple videos that patently had no hate speech.

-scheherazade

Sam Harris reader/listener here. I'm fairly certain that he's never received a strike on YouTube, and his podcast is supported by listener donations, not ads.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2018, 20:20 NKD

Now he wants regulations, that's very strange.  

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
11. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 16:23 NKD

ledhead1969 wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 16:11:

False.

https://n.pr/2o4lUVM

This actually raises a point I've made before. As much as it would be nice to magically disappear all the guns, it's not going to happen. We might as well debate whether to have a genie grant us a wish. You can't unring the bell on the number of guns floating around the US. Even if we stopped selling them all tomorrow, and did a gun buyback, there'd still be more weapons in circulation than people. And the number of guns floating around correlates to gun homicides pretty strongly when you look at the world as a whole.

That's not to say there aren't things we CAN do, but I think it's pointless to debate gun homicide rates between countries because solutions that work there may not even be Constitutional here, or may be rejected by our pervasive gun culture.

Until people decide they no longer want the 2nd Amendment, we need to focus on realistic improvements. But the important part is we can't stop talking about the issue entirely between mass shootings, or we'll DEFINITELY not get anything done.

News Comments > Tournament Shooting Follow-up
17. Re: Tournament Shooting Follow-up Aug 28, 2018, 15:07 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 13:45:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 11:08:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2018, 03:17:
NKD wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 18:42:
loomy wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 16:36:
all americans have to do is what every other country does, require proof of not being an insane criminal before you can own a gun

How does that work? How do I prove that tomorrow I'm not going to snap and shoot Marvin in the face?

Other countries have just as many crazy people as we do, they just don't have access to guns.
Are you implying that shootings might have something to do with easy gun access.
Preposterous and Poppycock good sir.
It must be due to something else, muh gunz are innocent!

I blame subterranean lizard men mind control.

IM SICK OF THIS CRAP. TURNIN THE FRICKIN FROGS GAY

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2018, 15:00 NKD

I mean, to his credit, wasn't Pai the guy who put the kibosh on the merger? Likely to please his Comcast overlords?  

News Comments > EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers
8. Re: EA Cancels Remaining Madden Qualifiers Aug 28, 2018, 14:58 NKD

Probably for the best, you know some fucktards are just waaaiting to copycat this shit.  

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2018, 14:47 NKD

I always love where people cite critical or negative search results as "bias." Have they ever considered that maybe, just maybe, the reason there's so much negative coverage on Trump is that he's an incompetent fuck whose only accomplishments are the ones that were handed to him on a silver platter (SCOTUS) or ones he stole from someone else (the economic bubble continuing to inflate)?

When is Hillary getting locked up?
When is the wall getting built?
When are those 11 million illegals getting deported?
When are we going to get information on the 4 million votes from illegal immigrants cast for Clinton in 2016?
When are we going to get information on Obama's fake birth certificate?
Why has Seth Rich being personally assassinated by Hillary Clinton using her tooth-filled vagina gone unprosecuted?
Where's the "everyone is going to be covered" healthcare he promised?
Why are there still lobbyists and swamp monsters all over DC?

Literally none of the pillars of his campaign have been fulfilled or show any sign of being fulfilled, unless you count "trigger the libtards" as a well-considered policy position.

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
95. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 28, 2018, 00:40 NKD

Muscular Beaver wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 20:30:
Gang Member: Psychopath, sociopath, lots of possibilities.
Husband: Same, or simply some forms of pathological problems. Have you ever read a tiny bit about psychology and mental illness? There are so many illnesses and different versions of those as well.
Detecting them isnt a that huge of a problem. A lot of them actually are being treated - with medication. And that often makes it worse. Of course the gang member wont go to the doctor and say "dude, I just killed a few people, I think I need treatment". Criminals are criminals. You will never be able to get rid of them completely. Unless you want to build in control chips...

The real problem is the pharmaceutical lobby and how the society finds it bad to properly treat people like that. That includes a proper mental healthcare system. Kennedy and Reagan took care of that and since then cases like that have massively increased in the USA.

So you seriously think this is completely normal behavior? Killing people in rage? Bringing a gun to a tournament, knowing very well that one will use it? You would do it too?
Alright. So be it. I will slowly move backwards now. Bye.

While I'm sure your psychiatry degree came from a very reputable school, "Psychopath" and "Sociopath" aren't just generic terms you can apply to whatever you want. They have specific definitions, and not everyone who has ever killed someone is diagnosed with one of them. Many, probably most, murderers exhibit none of the symptoms of any particular recognized mental illness.

I'm confused as to why you think humans in their natural state are non-violent and not prone to aggression, provoked or otherwise. Newsflash chief, we're still primates. Violence is in our nature, learning not to be violent is something we program into ourselves with our culture and education.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 27, 2018, 21:59 NKD

We need to take these "murder simulators" like Madden NFL off the shelves as soon as possible.

EDIT: I've just been informed that Madden NFL is NOT, in fact, a first person shooter where you play as Ray Lewis. Disregard my comment.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Aug 27, 2018, 21:56 NKD

Eyyy a Scott Manley video. Love this guy.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video
17. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video Aug 27, 2018, 19:12 NKD

Creston wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 18:52:
WOOOHOOO this is fucking awesome. I am so excited for this. Q1 2020, yeah?

(Only thing I keep thinking: How amazing would this be if it was Shadowrun?)

Oh man that would be sweet. Dog Shaman ftw.

News Comments > Tournament Shooting Follow-up
12. Re: Tournament Shooting Follow-up Aug 27, 2018, 18:42 NKD

loomy wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 16:36:
all americans have to do is what every other country does, require proof of not being an insane criminal before you can own a gun

How does that work? How do I prove that tomorrow I'm not going to snap and shoot Marvin in the face?

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
86. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 18:00 NKD

Because it is most of the time.
You think people like that are mentally healthy? Its funny how you guys try to find excuses. Wow...

You're trying to blame everything on "Mental illness made me do it.", and I'M the one making excuses?! What the actual fuck dude.

What mental illness is some gang member blasting some rival gang member suffering? What mental illness is some husband who kills his cheating wife suffering? More importantly, how do you propose we detect and treat these people? And how do we pay for it?

5721 Comments. 287 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo