Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5359 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2018, 12:55 NKD

First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action”; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a “more convenient season.” Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection.

Citizen of the United Shitholes of America
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 15, 2018, 12:39 NKD

Don't worry guys, I'm sure Ashit Pie will get to the bottom of this.  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 14, 2018, 18:52 NKD

I'm just glad Trump was golfing as per usual, or North Korea would be a nuclear wasteland and Seoul would be levelled by artillery.

Or maybe everyone would have started hurling nukes and we'd all be fucked!

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 14, 2018, 12:23 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 10:14:
NKD wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 18:03:

Why do they allow so many fucking loudmouth conservative trolls? They are doing liberal bias wrong. (I use the term conservative loosely. I don't think there are any actual conservatives in America anymore.)

There's plenty of conservatives.

Are there? Last I checked the "conservatives" in this country are all about big government when it's propping up dying industries in red states, enforcing Christian morality on people, or unleashing drones on the Middle East like a swarm of angry bees. And they looove to run the deficit up just as much as any liberal.

Yeah, libertarians exist, but they have no political influence in the mainstream.

"Conservative" in the US is just a misnomer for "Evangelical."

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
197. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 14, 2018, 02:45 NKD

Quboid wrote on Jan 14, 2018, 01:09:
Verno wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:44:
"truth weather" is the new catchphrase of this thread

I don't think this can be stressed enough BTW. This is truth weather you millennial morons get it or not. Really makes you think.

Truth weather is the thing to blame for the climate change hoax.

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 13, 2018, 21:37 NKD

Saboth wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 20:21:
Red886 wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 13:19:
Twitter is not apolitical. Its management has a strong liberal bias.

Simply comes with the territory. You won't find many Trump supporters in Silicon Valley or institutions of higher learning.

You can find plenty in your local church, police department, or Gamergate meetup though.

MrBone wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 19:51:
@NKD, I assume your vulgar post was meant to be ironic? Some people can't see the forest for the trees.

Not really but I can see why you'd think that. Blue's doesn't have a liberal bias in management, or any bias at all, and I don't post on Twitter. It's a legitimate question. If Twitter has such a liberal bias, why did it take some wildly offensive conservatroll like Milo so long to get banned?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2018, 18:19 NKD

We need some better laws to cover this type of activity. It's become too common and existing laws don't really give prosecutors much they can do to make a case.  

2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 13, 2018, 18:03 NKD

Red886 wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 13:19:
Twitter is not apolitical. Its management has a strong liberal bias.

Why do they allow so many fucking loudmouth conservative trolls? They are doing liberal bias wrong. (I use the term conservative loosely. I don't think there are any actual conservatives in America anymore.)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2018, 16:04 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 13:36:
Hawaii residents received an emergency phone message this morning:

MISSILE INBOUND. SEEK SHELTER IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Probably a hack, but that will get you out of bed in the morning.

Is there even any shelter in Hawaii? It's not like they have basements, or anywhere to flee to?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 13, 2018, 12:28 NKD

Bit of an overreaction...  

170. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 12, 2018, 23:26 NKD

Quboid wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 23:04:

I do, and I know of no group so comprehensively - and conveniently - misinformed about Europe as right-wing Americans.

American right wingers think they know Europe better then Europeans. Thinking it's some hellhole where you get raped to death by a Muslim every time you walk out the door is their favorite thing to believe. Nevermind that natural-born Americans are much more prolific rapists than immigrants. If I had the money to get set up in some decent place in Europe, I'd move in a heartbeat. The normalization of Trump and the lack of any consequences for anything he does pretty much signals to me that this country is finished.

162. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 22:15 NKD

Globalism and open borders and global warming are all about profit and control.

Is there a side that isn't about profit and control? Last I checked control was inevitable, profit comes along for the ride, and it was all about who you want it going to.

108. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 17:21 NKD

DangerDog wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 17:18:

How about that time when CNN reported that Trump didn't stand a chance at being President.

Source for claim that CNN predicted 0% chance of Trump winning election? Most of the mainstream media was giving Trump about a 25-30% chance at winning the week before the election. I don't think that qualifies as "didn't stand a chance."

97. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 16:40 NKD

Chromius wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 16:17:
The sad thing is is how many of you believe CNN and a source of a source of a source as real news.

The brainwashing is significant in this thread.

I believe Senator Durbin who was actually in the meeting and confirmed what Trump said. He's about ten thousand times more credible than Trump himself, who lies constantly, verifiably, and about everything.

Do you really expect anyone to believe a word out of Trump's mouth? Especially if it's contradicted by someone more reputable?

68. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 13:35 NKD

datachasm wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 13:22:
my thing... even if he called Haiti a shithole, how is that racist?

He was complaining about the people coming from the "shithole" countries, not the countries themselves. If he hadn't been talking about immigrants, but say, infrastructure or crime rates, you might have a point there. It would still be wildly inappropriate, but it wouldn't necessarily be racist.

But as with everything, context matters. He was talking about immigrants, and has a history of saying and doing things that could be construed as racist by a reasonable person.

You don't have to be spouting racial slurs and burning crosses to be a racist.

63. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 13:17 NKD

shinchan0s wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 12:14:

I noticed you guys never say anything good about Trump. You just dismiss the other side and attack the media, the left, Obama/Clinton, or whatever other boogeymen you guys believe in.

It's because there is no valid defense of Trump except if you're a hardline Republican who just needs someone in the big chair who will sign literally anything Ryan and Mitch "The Turtle" McConnell shits out.

But even in that instance, they'd still be better off with Jeb! or the Zodiac Killer in there.

Trump is objectively not qualified to be President. You don't even need to rely on the media to know this. You can just watch unedited video of him speaking. The guy is feeble-minded, has zero knowledge of policy or even his own administrations positions on various issues, and sounds like a complete fucking retard. There is no context that makes it okay, or media spin to you can reverse to explain it away. This isn't just me being a partisan hack. None of what I say would apply to Mitt Romney, Jeb!, Zodiac Killer, or even Mike Pence.

Trump supporters never want to address this. Like you said, they'll just go "lololol what about Hillary LEL XD!"

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jan 12, 2018, 02:05 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 22:41:
The F-52 looks like a cross between the F-22 and the YF-23, then add swing wings a la the F-14 Tomcat. It's a reasonable mock up of a gen 6 fighter, although swing wings will mess up your stealthy profile.

It always made me a bit sad that variable sweep wings went out of style, but I understand why.

News Comments > PC FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE Next Month
1. Re: PC FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE Next Month Jan 11, 2018, 21:52 NKD

Ooh, nice. Not my favorite Final Fantasy but I never really liked how it looked in an emulator. The Remaster should be nice.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 11, 2018, 20:50 NKD

Yeah I'd like to go just one day without Trump doing or saying something monumentally retarded.

It's no wonder people decided to believe Hillary Clinton is a reptilian child molester in a pizzeria. That's about what you have to believe in order to justify supporting this dementia patient.

I wonder if Trump is just a long con designed to make literally any future Republican candidate look like a fucking genius in comparison. Kinda like a store raising prices just so they can have a big sale later and put the price back to where it was.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
35. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2018, 22:15 NKD

Reporter McReporterface wrote:
Are you open to meeting with (special counsel Robert Mueller)? Would you be willing to meet with him without condition? Or would you demand that a strict set of parameters be placed around any encounter between you and the special counsel?

Redmask wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 21:54:
Well, again John, there has been no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russians or Trump and Russians. No collusion. When I watch you interviewing all the people leaving their committees, I mean, the Democrats are all running for office, trying to say this that -- but bottom line, they all say there's no collusion. And there is no collusion.

And when you talk about interviews, Hillary Clinton had an interview, where she wasn't sworn in, she wasn't given the oath, they didn't take notes, they didn't record and it was done on the 4th of July weekend. That's perhaps ridiculous and a lot of people looked upon that as being a very serious breach and it really was.

But again I'll speak to attorneys -- I can only say this, there was absolutely no collusion. Everybody knows it. Every committee -- I've been in office now for 11 months. For 11 months, they've had this phony cloud over this administration, over our government. And it has hurt our government. It does hurt our government. It's a Democrat hoax that was brought up as an excuse for losing an election that frankly the Democrats should have won because they have such a tremendous advantage in the electoral college.

So it was brought up for that reason. But it has been determined that there is no collusion and by virtually everybody. So we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens. I mean certainly we'll see what happens -- when they have no collusion and nobody's found any collusion at any level it seems unlikely that you'd even have an interview.

Hmm...

5359 Comments. 268 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo