Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5169 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 15:30 NKD

So Louis CK is a serial public masturbator? Fucking moron, no one wants to see you whack it. Well, almost no one. I'm sure someone has a fetish.  

You are being watched.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 13:36 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 13:20:
Cutter wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 12:30:
mandatory snip
First to believe in conspiracy theories, last to believe in actual happenings. sad

Don't you mean "SAD!"

Come on dude.

You are being watched.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 13:08 NKD

Verno wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 12:57:

I'm sure you've seen it but Peace Officer was a pretty eye opening documentary on the militarization of police in North America.

Yep that's a really good documentary. Won a bunch of awards and shit too.

Orogogus wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 13:00:
NKD wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 12:44:
Combine this with a bunch of former military joining up after their deployments treating suburbia like its fucking Fallujah.

There were articles recently about a Marine veteran who got fired for not gunning down a suspect and choosing to de-escalate the situation. They said in so many words that soldiers get more training in target discrimination and protecting civilians than police do, and are taught to accept a greater amount of personal risk.

One article, from last December: link

That's an interesting take on it. I wonder if there's a discrepancy between those who have seen combat action and those who haven't? I.e. how much of it is a difference in experience and how much is a difference in training. His department claims they fired him for some other stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got fired for trying to talk that guy down.

You are being watched.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 12:44 NKD

Cops in this country see anyone not wearing a badge as target practice. Dogs, cats, people. Doesn't matter. If you're not a fellow cop, you're an enemy combatant. They are indoctrinated into this in their training. Everyone is out to kill them, so they need to be ready to shoot first.

Combine this with a bunch of former military joining up after their deployments treating suburbia like its fucking Fallujah.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Obsidian Tease
9. Re: Obsidian Tease Nov 9, 2017, 12:33 NKD

Jerykk wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 12:24:
Bill Borre wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 10:57:
I was thinking they probably regretted doing AP.

Not at all. They've gone on record saying that they'd love to make a sequel.

IIRC they occasionally bug Sega about getting the IP back. Honestly though it's not really necessary. The IP isn't that valuable, it was the gameplay and dialogue systems that were fun. The story and characters were pretty generic.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
43. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 9, 2017, 03:23 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 20:02:
NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 19:57:
You thought he was trying to pass that off as an actual accurate statistic? I didn't get that impression at all.
If JDreyer had scribbled it on aged papyrus scrolls he would have swallowed it hook, line and sinker. drops mic

Maybe if JD had made some prophecies about how we are on the precipice of Armageddon he could have mixed that other thing in there and gotten away with it!

By the way, where is that Armageddon anyway?

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 9, 2017, 01:54 NKD

While I have no doubt that implantable computer tech and more fully fledged cyborgs will be a thing, it's not clear that it will come before we have true Artificial General Intelligence. Our progress in computers has far outstripped our progress in neuroscience.

We may have that scary AI before we figure out how to plug an infolink into someones brain and make it actually useful.

You are being watched.

37. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 19:57 NKD

Kxmode wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 19:37:
I am saying I take issue with it because you used meaningless numbers not backed up by anything factual to create a point. Hyperbolic statements passed off as facts is misinformation.

You thought he was trying to pass that off as an actual accurate statistic? I didn't get that impression at all.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 8, 2017, 19:52 NKD

Robots that don't go on strike.

Worse, robots go rogue and destroy humanity

You are being watched.

News Comments > Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends
9. Re: Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends Nov 8, 2017, 19:50 NKD

Linksil wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 15:03:
I don't see anything about royalties.

They didn't ask for royalties. Their original idea was a bonus paid to VAs at 500k, 1M, 1.5, and 2M units sold. So up to 4 bonus payments for the biggest selling titles, but no perpetual royalties. They settled for this alternative based on number of sessions, rather than number of units sold.

NOW they just need to start paying the real people behind the games like programmers and artists better.

Maybe they should unionize The VAs were on strike for a year. Imagine if the programmers and artists went on strike?

You are being watched.

News Comments > Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends
1. Re: Videogame Voice Actor Strike Ends Nov 8, 2017, 11:34 NKD

Looks like good improvements.

I'm sure we'll get the usual comments from our local food service workers saying how the voice actors should be grateful they get paid anything at all.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2017, 00:54 NKD

Slick wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 00:42:
/thread

Hahahaha I loved that part.

You are being watched.

11. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 8, 2017, 00:49 NKD

If the alternative to 1% throwing $10k is the rest of us paying an extra $20 for a new game, no thanks.

They are going to get the money somewhere. So far I've not felt compelled in any game to participate in microtransactions. So for me, it's a win. The company gets money from people who aren't me, and I get to play the game at the same price for a little longer.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Mass Effect N7 Day
9. Re: Mass Effect N7 Day Nov 8, 2017, 00:46 NKD

ME:A had problems stemming from its production issues. (Restarting the project 2 years before launch, and Bioware poaching all the talent to Anthem) But I enjoyed it quite a bit.

My problem isn't with Andromeda so much as the lack of support they gave it. Why the fuck should anyone believe they give two shits about Mass Effect as a franchise? They put it on ice because of one game that didn't meet expectations, and the reason it didn't meet expectations was issues with the production staff, not a lack of fan interest.

Andromeda had a lot going for it. The combat was the best it's been. The vehicle was a huge improvement over the Mako. The character/skill progression is good. Great squadmates, all of them memorable. Even if it was being memorable for being a complete fuckup and tool like Liam. There was no Kaiden/Ashley weighing it down.

It has plenty of flaws too, but nothing that couldn't have been fixed in a DLC or sequel. They just needed to put a better team on it.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 8, 2017, 00:03 NKD

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 23:46:
Drumpf just busted a nut.

Why? Did an underage Russian prostitute just piss on his face?

You are being watched.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 7, 2017, 23:45 NKD

The best part was Trump endorsing the guy after he won the primary, but then attacking him on Twitter after he lost. Even though the guy pivoted from more moderate views over to full Trump bullshit to try and win over the rest of the base.  

You are being watched.

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2017, 22:24 NKD

Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 22:09:
Boy that escalated quickly....

I'd say it peaked when God failed to save those 26 worshippers.

You are being watched.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2017, 22:01 NKD

SirKnight wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 21:24:
All things happen according to His plan. It is not our job to be expected to understand it. We don't know everything and the future like He does. He never does anything evil, that is Satan's doing..

Jesus H.W. Christ not another one of you guys...

Which is it? Everything is his plan, including all the evil in the world, or nothing he does is evil? Is he all powerful, or is Satan in charge? You call Cutter a complete nut job, which to be fair, he is, but you don't have much room to talk.

If the Christian god exists, he's a son of a bitch not worthy of being worshipped by the lowliest of sinners.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S.
1. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 7, 2017, 20:01 NKD

S H A R K C A R D S  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2017, 20:00 NKD

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 18:58:
Humanity's fucked up the world enough as it is and our civilization is run and controlled by greedy, corrupt, and tribal war-mongers who will never come together to save our own asses if it comes down to it.

A lot less greedy, corrupt, and tribal than we were 1000, or 100 years ago at least.

You are being watched.

5169 Comments. 259 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo