Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5484 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 26, 2018, 10:29 NKD

We're probably only a couple administrations away from NASA being closed down entirely, sadly. I don't have much hope for private sector space exploration because the truly bleeding edge of space exploration is always going to involve a lack of profit and unknown risks. Something shareholders will never be able to get behind.

I remember when I was a kid, they were talking about Mars like it was something we were going to do before the 20th century was out. Now I'm not sure I'll even see it in my lifetime, especially with my shitty health.

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2018, 16:13 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 14:08:
Congress doesn’t want you to eat your dog or cat

I've always wondered why meat eaters were so arbitrary in the meat they chose to eat.

It's just availability, I think. People generally eat what they are raised to eat, and think other stuff is weird. Cultural momentum. At some point in certain countries people probably needed to eat dog and cat because it was cheap or highly available, and it just stuck around.

In countries where they eat dogs and cats, people still have dogs and cats as pets, so it's not really just a "pets not food" thing.

Here is the real mind bender though: Now that affordable artificially grown meat is closer to reality, there's really no limit on what meat you could ethically consume.

You could literally become an ethical cannibal, and have Human Burgers for dinner. Imagine if someone decides to market that shit, and people actually find out it's delicious. Holy fuck.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 25, 2018, 03:43 NKD

Numinar wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 00:32:

It's like getting angry at a poker machine for not paying out. Game development is a gamble. Even the best teams have failures and canceled projects. The weakness of kickstarter is that you are committed to them regardless. Save your money, buy things when they release and get reviews. No anger or disapointment. Easy.

I didn't even back his games, I just think he's a shit developer who shouldn't be asking people for money.

5. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Apr 24, 2018, 19:15 NKD

Kajetan wrote on Apr 24, 2018, 16:01:
Why all the hate? Has he done anything to you?

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize someone had to rape and murder me before I was allowed to think they are shit.

2. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 24, 2018, 13:26 NKD

Guy would be living in a cardboard box in a Detroit alley if it wasn't for ripping everyone off with his Kickstarter.

Scumbag.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Apr 23, 2018, 20:32 NKD

Wow that's crazy. Good for him.  

News Comments > Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced
8. Re: Stellaris: Distant Stars Announced Apr 23, 2018, 13:11 NKD

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 10:45:
Darks wrote on Apr 23, 2018, 10:23:
I'm not sure how much more content can be crammed into one game.
I'm all for more events and stuff, but espionage abilities would be a good start... better battle resolution and interface for sure... better research tree management, better pirate mechanics, etc.

Stellaris is still incredibly boring, imo. I have put in 50 hours and the game really drags in spots and some stuff just feels under developed. I prefer Distant Worlds far more than Stellaris, but I'm open minded and will keep at Stellaris... one of these DLC will eventually make the game fun.

Man I tried to like Distant Worlds but I can't read the interface on my monitor. The text is too small. And I can't seem to find anything that will actually scale it.

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

News Comments > Valve Acquires Campo Santo
22. Re: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Apr 22, 2018, 18:31 NKD

I wonder how many guys are gonna scoot their desks over to the "useless garbage" section and spend their time working on that.  

2. Re: Into the Black Apr 20, 2018, 23:55 NKD

Not familiar with this persons music. 28 is way too young...  

1. Re: Into the Black Apr 18, 2018, 20:41 NKD

RIP. One of the greatest wrestlers! Great entertainer and athlete. I haven't watched pro wrestling since 2002 or so, but he remained one of my favorites.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 17, 2018, 08:29 NKD

LiTh wrote on Apr 17, 2018, 06:24:
Simon Says wrote on Apr 16, 2018, 21:15:
Neo-McCarthyism thriving...

Ya, because securing your hardware type of warning is the worst kind of anti russian propaganda....

According to some people around here, mostly people who squat around in a tracksuit and drink lots of vodka, being critical of Russia at all is "McCarthyism." Despite the fact that Russia is not a communist country, and McCarthy was mainly concerned with finding American communists.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 12, 2018, 19:11 NKD

Please give us Hellcat next season!! And she better be wearing a fucking costume. Everyone knows who Patsy is, she can't go around without a mask.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2018, 08:38 NKD

This bill is incredibly awful, and it's depressing that it has virtually universal bipartisan support. And of course Trump will rubberstamp anything that comes across his desk to look like he's actually doing some work and not just jerking off to Fox and Friends.

Not that he really had a choice here, though.

2. Re: Into the Black Apr 12, 2018, 04:00 NKD

EXPANSE HYPE!!  

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Apr 11, 2018, 14:42 NKD

Diversity is great because you get more points of view and it helps you not find yourself in a bubble. However, I don't think it should be expected or actively pursued in every field. Sometimes the people interested in one particularly thing just aren't as diverse as the people interested in something else.

We should examine situations to see whether there's some systemic roadblock keeping other types of people out of these fields, but if it's simply a lack of interest I'm not sure what you're supposed to do. Almost no profession or hobby reflects the demographic of the general populous.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 9, 2018, 02:58 NKD

Trump just wants to know who is saying bad things about him. Poor insecure guy.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 6, 2018, 00:57 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 21:32:
Amazon's "Lord of the Rings" To Run Five Seasons.

I love a good fantasy romp as much as the next guy, but there are so many undeveloped properties out there. Why this one again?

If you're going to spend a zillion dollars making something, you aren't going to add the extra risk of doing something no ones ever heard of.

It's not like this is just a long form adaptation of the source material anyway. It's more of a spinoff.

That said, I'm still holding out hope that someone will give a World of Darkness TV series another shot some day. Kindred: The Embraced was pretty decent for its time. You could do something much much better today.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 4, 2018, 03:58 NKD

Never would have guessed the shooter would be some crazy fuck hippy female vegan animal rights activist angry about YouTube demonetization.  

News Comments > Shadow of War Dropping Microtransactions
15. Re: Shadow of War Dropping Microtransactions Apr 3, 2018, 08:29 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 02:32:
Translation:

"Now that Shadow of War microtransactions have dried to a trickle, we're going to remove them and generate a bunch of free press, which should turn in to X number of additional sales."

I doubt that's their thinking on this. After all, it shoots them in the foot for their next title. They won't be able to do microtransactions at all without getting crucified.

News Comments > Breakaway Officially Cancelled
1. Re: Breakaway Officially Cancelled Apr 3, 2018, 07:54 NKD

I guess it's better to try something else than shovel out something that they knew wasn't working.  

5484 Comments. 275 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo