Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5850 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Man's Sky: The Abyss Next Week
13. Re: No Man's Sky: The Abyss Next Week Oct 24, 2018, 22:34 NKD

Kxmode wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 22:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 20:50:
What an awesome turnaround for Sean Murray and Hello Games. Those folks deserve lots of credit for doing the right thing.

Does their doing the right thing now justify their not doing the right thing in 2016? They only exist today because they sold a ton of copies from preorders and whatnot based on a TON of promised features that were not in the game at launch. It's unethical, and the guy has never apologized for doing it. Sean Murray is a shady business man. People are so quick to defend Sean Murray but then jump on Filip Muicin for stealing Boomstick Gaming's Dead Cells review. It's hypocritical to say the least.

Actually fixing the problems with the game is a much better apology than some empty insincere words. Short of going back in time and not lying in the first place, I can't see anything else they could do. I bought the game, refunded it, and then got it on sale after it was fixed.

I'm not sure why I'm supposed to never forgive Sean Murray, when I've forgiven much worse from other people.

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Man's Sky: The Abyss Next Week
3. Re: No Man's Sky: The Abyss Next Week Oct 24, 2018, 20:25 NKD

fawker wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 20:04:
I guess he should just quit trying, then.

Some people believe that if you fuck up, you're required to leave the game industry, or preferably, commit ritual suicide to restore honor to family.

Releasing free improvements and updates to a game whose launch you fucked up? Completely unacceptable...uh... for some reason.

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

News Comments > Stellaris MegaCorp Announced
4. Re: Stellaris MegaCorp Announced Oct 24, 2018, 17:28 NKD

I'm going to get this because it's Stellaris and they could release an aggressive cactus with the name STELLARIS on it and I would buy it and put it in my house because I am a sucker.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire Released
1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Murkmire Released Oct 23, 2018, 12:07 NKD

I saw a mudcrab the other day.  

News Comments > Priest Simulator Announced
9. Re: Priest Simulator Announced Oct 23, 2018, 02:38 NKD

Shawshank wrote on Oct 23, 2018, 00:04:
Still no kids and priest joke? I'm disappointed.

You have to wait for the Catholicism++ or Jehovah's Witness DLCs for that.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Listing Spotted
15. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Listing Spotted Oct 20, 2018, 19:46 NKD

Ah yes, Rockstar. Milking their fans for every cent, and their employees for every waking moment of their lives.

BTW Buy Shark Cards.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 19, 2018, 23:52 NKD

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 19, 2018, 21:09:
Gigabit with a 1TB cap, huh... So if you actually use that speed for anything, you'll hit your limit in a few hours. Then, BAM, Comcast showers you in fees.

Yeah, you get 2 hours of actually maxing out your speed and you have to make it last all month. For $105. Jesus christ. It's almost a dollar a minute.

News Comments > Snooker 19 Announced
4. Re: Snooker 19 Announced Oct 18, 2018, 10:59 NKD

Snooker?! I hardly know her!  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 17, 2018, 13:03 NKD

I'd much rather Blue panhandled on Patreon. He'd probably make more money and then we wouldn't need ads  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2018, 18:52 NKD

Paul Allen just passed away. As a Washingtonian it's really sad to see him go. He dumped an absurd amount of wealth into our state, and Seattle specifically, funding so many great things.  

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Anabasis Next Week
3. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Anabasis Next Week Oct 11, 2018, 15:51 NKD

There must be some kinda way out of here  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Oct 11, 2018, 08:23 NKD

If the US military budget was about security, it would only cover our nuclear stockpile and delivery systems. The rest of our military is for wars of aggression and interventionist bullshit. The big "End the world" button is the only contribution the military makes to security. The rest is handled by the intelligence agencies.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 11, 2018, 00:50 NKD

Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 22:11:
Terrible cast IMO.

Why? I don't know any of them except Cavill, they could be great for all I know.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 10, 2018, 20:52 NKD

Hmm no Triss? Interesting!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2018, 20:23 NKD

Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 18:06:

How dense are you? The bias was coded in to begin with. The machine does not "think" for itself. That would be magic. Do even grasp the biological concept of how thought even works?

So you're admitting humans are magic?

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Oct 10, 2018, 20:18 NKD

Popcorn  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2018, 13:27 NKD

Cutter wrote on Oct 10, 2018, 10:55:
AI doesn't exist. If said bias existed it was because of the variables it was programed with and nothing more.

Yes, because it's impossible to have a computer that iterates on its own code according to some set of goals and might come to unanticipated results. Humans are created by GOD and powered by MAGIC that can't be put into a machine!

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2018, 10:26 NKD

So I got an invite to this Google Project Stream thing. Basically its cloud gaming or whatever with free AC: Odyssey until January.

The latency is low enough that combat timing isn't an issue. The graphics aren't really maxed out and 30fps(?) lock is really the main downside. I don't see this being a preferred option for any of us who keep our gaming rigs relatively up to date.

But if I had a potato computer, this would be a very tempting option vs. buying a console. Plus hey, technically I'm playing a AAA title in a browser and not having a 100% shitty experience.

Bandwidth usage peaks around 20mbps but it's not steady, there's definitely some clever bandwidth saving measures going on that lower usage when there's not much going on.

News Comments > Microsoft Buying Obsidian?
11. Re: Microsoft Buying Obsidian? Oct 9, 2018, 23:31 NKD

Microsoft isn't nearly as micromanagerial as EA or some of the other publishers that could have bought Obsidian. Plus I guess they could stop panhandling to fund games.  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2018, 19:33 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 18:38:
Cutter wrote on Oct 9, 2018, 18:18:
That's because it's not Dr. Who anymore, it's Dr. Snowflake and the SJW patrol.

What's wrong with a female doctor?

Absolutely nothing. New Dr is great, and easy on the eyes to boot Look her up in something called "Venus." She has a lovely pair of talents.

5850 Comments. 293 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo