Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5801 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 2, 2018, 16:40 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 13:01:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 12:31:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 11:17:
The great USofA is no different. but whatevs.

The only significant difference, and I think it is an important one, is that I cannot be forced to give up a PIN in the States. It is legally protected. In NZ, the law states that you are required to give it up.

In the story you linked, the individual in question voluntarily gave up his access key (in this case, a "passcode" as the article calls it). He was not obligated by statute to do so. The fact that he folded under pressure and did so is irrelevant.

It's a hassle, but just bring a burner. You probably have an old phone you're not using. Wipe it, factory reset it, and don't log in until after you've gone through customs.

My friend Jimmy can set you up with a prepaid burner.

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
23. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2018, 14:17 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 13:25:
NKD wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 12:12:
If you dare mention that the person is gay, or god forbid, show them in a relationship with someone of the same sex, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Reeee?

ReeeeeeeeEEEEeeee!!!

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
23. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 14:10 NKD

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 14:02:
Man I hope the court is on CDPR’s side. “I see you signed this deal here.” “Yeah but that’s because I didn’t think it’d become big!” “So? YOU SIGNED THIS.”

To be fair, Polish copyright law technically allows for this kind of shit. If there is a gross disparity in the benefit one side is getting. Zero clue if that works in practice or not. You'd have to find a Polish lawyer somewhere on the Internet and we all know they are too drunk to find their PCs.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2018, 12:12 NKD

Wheel of Time series? Fuck yeah. Hope they don't fuck it up too bad.

Beamer wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 10:50:
I generally find the "SJW elements" people whine about boil down to "treating women with respect" and "having them wear appropriate apparel for the weather and activities they're partaking in."

It's just like when they "shove gay characters down our throats." Shoving gay characters down throats just means acknowledging their existence instead of just adding a character who everyone can assume is heterosexual with only the creator knowing, secretly, that they are gay.

If you dare mention that the person is gay, or god forbid, show them in a relationship with someone of the same sex, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
14. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 12:10 NKD

This dude has zero respect for CDPR. He sold the rights for a pittance because he thought it was going to be garbage, and for years said the books had cost him sales and had nothing to do with the increased popularity of his books or his new TV series deal.

He shouldn't get to cash in after that.

News Comments > EverQuest Expansion Announced
5. Re: EverQuest Expansion Announced Oct 1, 2018, 03:13 NKD

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 30, 2018, 20:27:
Random question: How friendly would EverQuest be to a total novice attempting to pick up the game? I won't be trying it, but I admit I'm tempted. It might be a chance to have that experience I had when I first played WoW back on 2004...

There's three options.

You can play on the current, up to date, live servers. It's got years and years of quality of life features added, and is a much easier game than it used to be. There's a lot of content to see as well, though of course most of it won't be particularly relevant anymore.

Second option is to play on one of the progression servers. These are official servers that start with just Classic content, and unlock a new expansion every so often via various methods. You get some of the quality of life improvements of modern EverQuest though. Like there are no corpse runs, for example, and you use the current user interface.

Third option is to play on EQ Reborn or Project 1999, which are unofficial servers with classic and the first two (?) expansions. For Project 99 at least, they aren't ever going past that 2nd expansion so it's not like a progression server. It's also very much a classic experience with all tedium intact. You even use a much older version of the client.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
13. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 1, 2018, 03:07 NKD

Creston wrote on Sep 30, 2018, 21:36:

I can go on and on, obviously, but I think the gist is clear. Don't get me wrong, btw, 99% of human drivers don't see all of this either,

And every driver thinks they are in the 1%.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Sep 30, 2018, 17:15 NKD

The part he forgets: Humans are even worse drivers than the AI.

The reaction time of a computer with proper sensors is just too fast for a human to compete. They don't sleep, they don't stare at billboards, and ideally, they aren't wired to panic and do the exact wrong thing like humans often are.

There will probably, for the forseeable future, be edge cases where an automated car needs the human to lend a hand. And certainly they will never be 100% reliable. But they don't need to be perfect in order to save lives, they just need to be significantly better than humans.

News Comments > EverQuest Expansion Announced
1. Re: EverQuest Expansion Announced Sep 29, 2018, 14:02 NKD

My favorite snails will always be those ones in WoW's Throne of Thunder raid that focused a player, moved slow as fuck, and one-shotted anyone they hit. Despite the fact you could pretty much just WALK away from them and be fine, I saw people get eaten so many times.  

News Comments > Tech Support: Error Unknown Announced
7. Re: Tech Support: Error Unknown Announced Sep 27, 2018, 15:09 NKD

Xero wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 14:48:
Let me leave my job as a software support technician to go home and PLAY my job as a software support technician, rofl. NO WAY!

All those crazy Germans do it with the simulator games. German truck drivers be like, "Let me go home and play Euro Truck Simulator to relax"

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Trailer
1. Re: Just Cause 4 Trailer Sep 25, 2018, 23:40 NKD

Strange trailer. It has almost nothing of this chick in it. Its almost entirely just Rico doing his thing.  

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2018, 21:02 NKD

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 20:55:
NKD wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 20:12:
PBEM VGA Planets

Holy shit, I thought I was the only one who remembered that game. You never hear it mentioned.

Yeah I'm surprised I never see anyone talking about it. I really enjoyed it. It was one of those games where I didn't have to sink a lot of time into since the turns were nightly at its fastest, and often just once or twice a week for some games. I could play it even when schoolwork was piled up and keeping me busy, or when I was sucked into some MUD.

Never played the VGA Planets version 4, none of the people I usually played with were interested and the 4X genre had exploded by then.

News Comments > On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 22, 2018, 20:15 NKD

R* and Take Two are some of the greediest shitbags in the industry, and they make a shit ton of money from Shark Cards in GTA Online, so it's bizarre that they want to leave money sitting on the table.  

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2018, 20:12 NKD

I miss the circa 1995 Internet. That's when my town got an ISP and I was finally able to get on. So many great MUDs to play. Doing some PBEM VGA Planets, etc.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 22, 2018, 14:35 NKD

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 01:43:
NamecaF wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 01:07:
necrosis wrote on Sep 21, 2018, 22:55:
Love how screwed over you can get over accusations now.

You can ruin someone's life so easily these days

Especially when you record them doing it.

Sexual assault and violence against women doesn't actually occur. It's all false accusations. And if there is a recording, it's fake or she is a crisis actor. /s

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 21, 2018, 14:58 NKD

I bet it turns out he was being worked some insane number of hours or some shit.  

News Comments > CrossCode Released
1. Re: CrossCode Released Sep 21, 2018, 11:45 NKD

This game is supremely fun. Somehow I hadn't heard of it until it came out of Early Access yesterday.

Apparently it has 96% positive reviews on Steam.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2018, 16:21 NKD

I'm a Seahawks fan so I have no special love for the Peckers, but that was 100% a legit hit. Matthews did literally everything right. The officiating in the NFL is becoming so fucking garbage.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2018, 14:22 NKD

I wonder how many 11 year old have threatened to kill me over the years in video games... probably a lot.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus Ray Tracing Trailer
9. Re: Metro Exodus Ray Tracing Trailer Sep 19, 2018, 03:01 NKD

Looks good. Hopefully in a couple card generations they'll get the performance to where its not such a huge hit. Right now I'm not sure it would be worth turning down a bunch of other settings just to get good FPS with the raytracing.  

5801 Comments. 291 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo