Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5449 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 9, 2018, 02:58 NKD

Trump just wants to know who is saying bad things about him. Poor insecure guy.  

"America is like an MMO where an early guild already took 90% of the good farming grounds, boss raids and rares while everyone else is still trying to level up on low-level mobs" -Some Guy on Reddit
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 6, 2018, 00:57 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Apr 5, 2018, 21:32:
Amazon's "Lord of the Rings" To Run Five Seasons.

I love a good fantasy romp as much as the next guy, but there are so many undeveloped properties out there. Why this one again?

If you're going to spend a zillion dollars making something, you aren't going to add the extra risk of doing something no ones ever heard of.

It's not like this is just a long form adaptation of the source material anyway. It's more of a spinoff.

That said, I'm still holding out hope that someone will give a World of Darkness TV series another shot some day. Kindred: The Embraced was pretty decent for its time. You could do something much much better today.

"America is like an MMO where an early guild already took 90% of the good farming grounds, boss raids and rares while everyone else is still trying to level up on low-level mobs" -Some Guy on Reddit

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 4, 2018, 03:58 NKD

Never would have guessed the shooter would be some crazy fuck hippy female vegan animal rights activist angry about YouTube demonetization.  

News Comments > Shadow of War Dropping Microtransactions
15. Re: Shadow of War Dropping Microtransactions Apr 3, 2018, 08:29 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Apr 3, 2018, 02:32:
Translation:

"Now that Shadow of War microtransactions have dried to a trickle, we're going to remove them and generate a bunch of free press, which should turn in to X number of additional sales."

I doubt that's their thinking on this. After all, it shoots them in the foot for their next title. They won't be able to do microtransactions at all without getting crucified.

News Comments > Breakaway Officially Cancelled
1. Re: Breakaway Officially Cancelled Apr 3, 2018, 07:54 NKD

I guess it's better to try something else than shovel out something that they knew wasn't working.  

News Comments > R.I.P. Steam Machines?
11. Re: R.I.P. Steam Machines? Apr 2, 2018, 11:38 NKD

Lately I've been thinking that the main problem with Linux gaming is that they missed the boat and that the gaming industry is too big and has too much money involved to allow for a competitor to Windows. No matter how good or performant they make Linux gaming, it just won't happen unless Microsoft completely ruins Windows for gaming somehow.

There was an opportunity early on, when teams and budgets were smaller and publishers weren't so unwilling to experiment. But now these companies feel they can't afford to take the leap and spend money developing for a platform with such a small install base and hoping people move over.

There's very little financial incentive to support Linux gaming, and it has no big time backers now that Valve seems to be abandoning it.

It's just the old Catch 22 problem.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 28, 2018, 11:01 NKD

Fallon is an obnoxious clown who wants to convince everyone that everything is great.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bans Questioned
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bans Questioned Mar 26, 2018, 11:07 NKD

I believe the people who said they were wrongly banned. Rockstar relies heavily on unreliable automated systems to detect cheaters and dole out bans or bank account adjustments.

I've experienced this myself. A few months back they adjusted my account by around a million dollars. It wasn't a huge amount, and it was trivial to earn it back, but considering I had never cheated or even picked up any money dropped on the ground by modders, it was clear their system wasn't working.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Mar 23, 2018, 01:50 NKD

Man living just long enough to see your lifes work go under... that's fucking rough. Makes me kind of glad I haven't accomplished anything and don't have anything to lose. Will make it a lot easier to go when the old grim reaper comes to visit.  

News Comments > Vivendi Selling Ubisoft Stake
8. Re: Vivendi Selling Ubisoft Stake Mar 20, 2018, 21:54 NKD

Tencent isn't too bad. Better than Vivendi.

I think I'm going to start learning Mandarin. China is definitely the future as far as I can tell.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2018, 10:46 NKD

El Pit wrote on Mar 15, 2018, 10:32:
That story about Dylann Roof's sister raises some questions about the parents of the Roof kids.

Yeah. Seems like she's one step away from doing a mass shooting herself. Plus she is super classy:

Roof’s post said she hoped “it’s a trap and y’all get shot” and “we know it’s fixing to be nothing but black people walkin out anyway,

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2018, 04:57 NKD

Still no word from the local Trumpians... guess they must have turned off their computers and stopped going to gaming sites in order to please the God Emperor.  

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Mar 13, 2018, 16:48 NKD

Trump defense squad where you at?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 12, 2018, 15:24 NKD

In a move of solidarity with their President, I propose that all Trump supporting gamers voluntarily give up their video games and stop posting on all gaming related sites.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2018, 18:58 NKD

Has anyone else had problems changing their avatar? I've tried changing mine 2 or 3 times, it says it has been submitted, and then after a while my old avatar reappears.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
15. Re: removed Mar 6, 2018, 08:13 NKD

FFS  

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2018, 00:02 NKD

SirKnight wrote on Mar 5, 2018, 17:12:
There's definitely a big black dong with Martin's name on it in a prison somewhere.

Not too much dong slinging going on in Club Fed I imagine.

News Comments > On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues
4. Re: On CHRONO TRIGGER PC Issues Mar 5, 2018, 12:26 NKD

Yeah, I really don't understand how they can put so much love and effort into some ports, and then just shit out garbage ports of others...  

27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2018, 03:13 NKD

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 4, 2018, 23:41:

I doubt humanity will be around for that particular issue.

Yeah, even if we have descendants alive in 2 trillion years, they won't be even remotely human. They may not even be organic.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Mar 4, 2018, 15:50 NKD

Has WaltC ever actually read or responded to anyones posts here? He just spews his opinion and leaves.  

5449 Comments. 273 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo