Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5575 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 26, 2017, 02:20 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 16:38:
SHS has never left a pie uneaten. Including fruit, cream or hair.

Or cow

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 24, 2017, 12:55 NKD

theglaze wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 12:06:
One of his best rants!

Yeah it was pretty funny. A bit questionable in terms of actually making any sense though...

The most confusing thing is that he seemed to think that the counter combat in previous games required more skill. It was literally just sitting there holding block and then hitting X when the icon above their head flashed.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2017, 21:58 NKD

Dacote wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 19:46:
Hell if you regulate enough stuff we might all live to be 75.

We can jail fat or dietarily unhealthy people and force them to get healthy. Speaking as a fat ass myself, that's what it would take.

I can tell you that no tax is going to get me to eat more healthy. I eat too much not because of marketing or because food tastes too good, but because I lack self-control. If some food I like to snack on gets taxed to where I'm unwilling to buy it, I'll simply find some other snack that's in my budget range. It is, of course, something I work to do less of, sometimes with more success than other times. But I've never been in a situation where a rise in food prices or certain foods not being available on the shelves led me to keep less food around the house.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 22, 2017, 20:24 NKD

"FCC explains why public support for net neutrality wonít stop repeal."

TLDR: It's because Ashit Pie is bought and paid for. Maybe I should accuse him of propositioning me for gay sex in a bathroom.

News Comments > Valve Reviewing Review Reviews
8. Re: Valve Reviewing Review Reviews Nov 21, 2017, 13:36 NKD

ItBurn wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 13:04:

Statistically, the thumbs up would rate a 10/10 game and a 6/10 game the same, this is bad.

No, because the 10/10 game is going to have a higher proportion of "thumbs up" than the 6/10 game. This system works extremely well in a system where you have sample sizes in the thousands, as opposed to your example of movie reviews. The only "accuracy" you gain is a finer grain view of each individual score for the game. But when dealing with so many reviews, the individual scores don't matter, just the overall proportions. You can still view the text of the reviews if you need more detail.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2017, 03:40 NKD

Orogogus wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 03:08:
I don't really agree. I feel like Bill Clinton got a giant pass from the left for wildly inappropriate use of power. And JFK. And I think the people blowing off the first Franken accusation as trivial are full of it.

Bill Clinton scandal was 20 years ago at this point, way before social media, and nearly before the web entirely. Before the SJW purity checking came into play. And JFK was pre-Internet. Hell, pre-everyone-talking-about-politics. It was actually considered kind of rude to talk politics with people you didn't know back then.

Most of these people weren't even self-aware back when Clinton's scandals were going on, and only know about the Clintons from conservative conspiracy theories that read like a bad House of Cards fanfic.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 20, 2017, 22:15 NKD

I saw a comment on reddit (from some Trump supporter I think) that described the moral problem with the political parties something like this:

The Republicans have a Moral Hypocrisy problem, where they preach "family values", but do nothing to uphold them and will in fact overlook any misdeed if it means someone with an (R) next to their name gets in office.

The Democrats have a Moral Hypochondria problem, where they see horrific unforgiveable sins around every corner, and will not hesitate to throw one of their own to the wolves over some relatively trivial shit. All this so they can overcompensate and make a huge point of not tolerating the shit that the Republicans do, instead of just being reasonable.

This seems pretty spot-on to me. And I think it gets worse all the time. The left gets more eager to throw people under the bus when the right gets more eager to give people a free pass. It's like the worse the Republicans get, the worse the Democrats get to compensate.

Morally, the Democrat position is more defensible, but it's the politically losing position and isn't sustainable. The Democrats have to shun anyone who misbehaves, no matter how it hurts them politically, or else their base will riot. But the Republicans don't have to do the same.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 17:57 NKD

fela wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 13:25:
The Charles Manson 'murders' were a complete hoax from start to finish.

Don't trust this random internet guy. Look it up.

Looked it up, since I hadn't heard this conspiracy theory before, and it doesn't appear to be a very compelling one. It's on par with Sandy Hook hoaxers.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 20, 2017, 12:51 NKD

The allegation is that 7 years ago he grabbed her ass for several seconds, in full view of the public and her husband, at a state fair, during a photograph.

Could have happened, but I'm skeptical of this accusation for the moment. I really doubt that if true, it was the only time he's done it, given the hundreds of women he has to have taken similar pictures with. A guy who would do something so brazen while in office, isn't just gonna do it once. I suspect that if it's true, we'll see more accusations along the same lines soon.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 10:54 NKD

RIP is fine. If someone doesn't like the person who died, or they are unambiguously a piece of shit like in this case, they can pretend it stands for Rest In Piss.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2017, 03:26 NKD

The ol' JDubz up to some kiddy diddling bullshit again.

Guess they can't let the Catholics and Republicans have all the child molesting fun.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
3. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 19, 2017, 16:35 NKD

Rhett wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 16:24:
Yeah... It's so despicably sad that gaming has been turned into a money-milking machine, and true love and dedication rarely gets poured into games anymore.

I don't think it's so much that the love and dedication is gone, it's just that it's become divorced from the money.

Some people have carved out good niches that allow them to make big bucks AND still keep the bullshit to a minimum. Like CD Projekt RED or to some extent, Nintendo.

But mostly all the dedication and love of making games is in the indie sector now, where developers have to work a day job just to keep food on the table until they can get their game done. There's less overlap between AAA games and games that don't compromise for money than there used to be.

The problem here is that indies can only do so much. There are certain things that simply require more manpower than a one-man operation or small studio can muster. So many indie games rely on procedural generation trickery, or multiplayer "make your own fun" type stuff because content creation is time consuming when you can't hire a huge team of artists.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 19, 2017, 16:11 NKD

Man I had a hard enough time with those war elephants using actual equipment. Homeboy does it unarmed in a bath towel.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 19, 2017, 15:47 NKD

CD Projekt Red is such a great company, but I'm so soured on them by the constant circlejerking over them. It's just a bitter reminder that companies like that are so few now that they are literally the only example anyone can ever come up with of a game developer doing things the "right" way.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 19, 2017, 15:45 NKD

If there's one thing Trump has actually been consistent on, it's killing oversight and regulation on the people who need to be overseen and regulated the most.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2017, 15:42 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 15:29:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 19, 2017, 14:12:
Forget makeup sex, hypocritical self-hating gay sex is clearly the best kind of sex. Why else would people destroy the careers they built on hating the LGBT community?

LOL, Republican, of course.

Yeah no surprise there. If you see a Republican spouting a bunch of anti-gay bullshit, you can be pretty damn sure they are that way because they want a dick in the ass but can't reconcile it with their disgusting beliefs.

News Comments > ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension
17. Re: ESA Seeking Final Disabilities Access Waiver Extension Nov 18, 2017, 21:26 NKD

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 21:00:
Hillary Clinton will NEVER be president of the United States.

Tell that to Fox News, they seem to think she's the #1 threat. You people spend so much time in your echo chamber you fail to see that no one on the left outside of the DNC establishment gives a fuck about Hillary Clinton or has any interest in defending anything she has done or is accused of doing.

We wanted Bernie, or someone else who is actually a change from the status quo. Not Robo-Hillary the worlds least convincing android. Hillary had nothing but defeatist rhetoric that promised nothing. The only reason she got any votes is that she was up against Donald Trump, a man who has been a walking joke in this country for 40 years.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
46. Re: removed Nov 17, 2017, 17:18 NKD

Look at these REMOVED posts. Special snowflake DangerDog can't handle his opinion being criticised and has to get it removed. Just like his hero Donald Trump. Grow a pair, Cletus.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
39. removed Nov 17, 2017, 16:43 NKD

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 17, 2017, 17:12.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 17, 2017, 00:04 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 19:54:
Authorized Operator of the Pentagonís Twitter Account 2020

I'm voting for that Departing Twitter Employee/Pentagon Twitter Operator 2020 ticket.

5575 Comments. 279 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo