Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5575 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2017, 18:05 NKD

Pigeon wrote on Dec 7, 2017, 15:47:
I suppose when cars are autonomous and you don't have to account for the dumdum behind the wheel Skylines can be the premier traffic simulator

I wonder if the most effective intersection on a road of entirely self-driving cars would be a simple 4-way with no traffic signs or lights. The cars could coordinate and alter speed to weave between each other with as little slowdown as possible.

It would be absolutely pant-shittingly terrifying to actually be in the car though, even if it was safe...

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator
1. Re: Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator Dec 6, 2017, 09:30 NKD

Does this include Hillary Clinton's secret pizzeria pedophile ring? I've been assured that such a thing exists by very credible sources.  

News Comments > Shadow of War Adds Online Fighting Pits
1. Re: Shadow of War Adds Online Fighting Pits Dec 6, 2017, 05:07 NKD

On December 12 there is also a new higher difficulty mode being added, and another orc tribe.  

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Dec 6, 2017, 01:54 NKD

This list is nothing but "I'm too hipster to like these things widely regarded as fantastic." I don't like the vast majority of the shit they listed, but it's not because they aren't masterpieces, it's because they just aren't my cup of tea. I certainly wouldn't make some list and say they didn't deserve whatever accolades they received.

What really tells you whether something deserves its praise, is if people are still praising it 20 years later. And for those things that are more than 20 years old on this list, it's almost universally true.

Anyway, Cracked has fired all their paid employees as of a few days ago and is going to go under soon anyway, so we won't have to deal with the nosedive in quality that site has taken for much longer.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2017, 00:14 NKD

Smart money is the fake net neutrality opposition comments will be found to have come from Russian botnets.

Also it doesn't really matter because the FCC chairman doesn't care what anyone thinks in the first place.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2017, 17:56 NKD

Oh lord. Why do I suspect the article author is the one with the shitty Phenom II?  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 3, 2017, 17:30 NKD

128GB RAM modules... heh.

Makes me think back to when I got a 4MB RAM upgrade for my 486, taking it from 2MB to 6MB, and opening up a whole world of new games to me. I was pretty hyped, over 4 megabytes.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 19:53 NKD

VoodooV wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 19:21:

Yeah, I know. Won't happen in my lifetime, but a guy can dream.

The only hope for any of that is probably when the US eventually collapses. I'm not just being pessimistic, no nation lasts forever. When it does happen, whenever that is, hopefully whoever puts the pieces back together has a bit of hindsight.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 18:31 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 13:36:
Why not give China and Russia the admin login and password, it would simplify things in the long run.

Russia already has the admin login now. Username: pussygrabber Password: believeme123

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 18:29 NKD

I always thought it would be cool if they did a hybrid paper/electronic voting system. Paper ballots are still collected, but they are scanned on-site and the results uploaded. If the results seem hinky (i.e. vary from the exit polls too much) or things are very close, they can do a recount on the paper ballots.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 23:55 NKD

All those words and screenspace used up for the Lesser Manning? Sheesh.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
25. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 13:41 NKD

Up next: Selling virtual bridges.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Nov 28, 2017, 20:11 NKD

There has been so much outrage about this NN repeal for so long, and yet the FCC and Trump administration in general have no interest in listening to what the people want.

It's a really plain and easily understood example of the government simply not giving a fuck what the people want. But what's worse is that no one gives a fuck that they don't give a fuck. They will yell and scream, but when their yelling and screaming is ignored, they fall silent and do nothing.

There needs to be extremely dire consequences for politicians who actively disregard the will of the people.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 19:50 NKD

Somehow I doubt EA is too worried. If you look at how their stock has been performing for the last 1 year, or last 5 years, this is barely a blip.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 27, 2017, 22:40 NKD

Fox News broadcasts from the Mirror Universe where Hillary Clinton is President and Jimmy Carter is dead, while Ronald Reagan is alive.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2017, 22:30 NKD

Maybe his kids will learn a lesson that if you're a colossal douchebag, your sins will be visited upon your children, and will in turn not turn out to be douchebags.

But that's probably just too much to hope for.

News Comments > National Committee for Games Policy Takes on Loot Crates
7. Re: National Committee for Games Policy Takes on Loot Crates Nov 27, 2017, 16:49 NKD

Nobody of significance or consequence in their list. Looks like a scam of some kind.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 27, 2017, 05:44 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 04:53:
NKD wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 21:23:
After Mueller has him drawn and quartered, I'll almost miss the easy fodder the DOTUS gives us to laugh at.

Everytime this idiot opens his Twitter app I'm like "Dubya must be so glad this guy came along." He looks like a fucking saint, genius, and world class philanthropist in comparison to Trump.

Mueller needs to nail Pence as well, or we'll be in a worse situation.

Is there a worse position than an emotionally unstable manchild with the Big Red Button?

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 26, 2017, 21:23 NKD

After Mueller has him drawn and quartered, I'll almost miss the easy fodder the DOTUS gives us to laugh at.

Everytime this idiot opens his Twitter app I'm like "Dubya must be so glad this guy came along." He looks like a fucking saint, genius, and world class philanthropist in comparison to Trump.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 26, 2017, 18:46 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 14:35:
It's a Forbes article, I'd sooner believe quotes from the big book or derek smart.

This particular article aside, it's unfortunate that people seem to give so much credibility to these Forbes "Contributor" articles. They are just personal blogs with little or no vetting or editing.

5575 Comments. 279 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo