Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5185 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 22, 2017, 18:13 NKD

Simon Says wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 18:05:
"“Some users may notice that the game utilizes nearly 100% of one of their processor cores. This is expected behavior; we intentionally run in this manner so we can react as fast as possible in order to minimize input latency. Users on power-constrained devices, such as laptops and tablets, might want to use a Performance Target of “30 FPS (V-SYNC),” which will reduce processor usage and minimize power consumption.”"

Can you spot the bullshit?

Let me help: "we intentionally run in this manner (...) to minimize input latency (...) “30 FPS (V-SYNC),”"

Because its well known that reducing fps to 30 and enabling V-Sync helps to reduce input lag... NOT. *facepalm*

Um, the 30 fps suggestion is to reduce power consumption, not to reduce input lag...

You are being watched.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 22, 2017, 17:47 NKD

It's hard to say without knowing exactly what is going on under the hood. There are situations where you've got a pretty sequential load that can't be threaded out easily.

yonder wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 12:21:
Shineyguy wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 10:16:
Only using 1 or 2 CPU cores in this day and age is a terrible decision.

Allowing the game to be at least as good on PC as it is on XBone is a terrible decision... for MS.

XBone would probably benefit more from additional threading than most peoples PCs, considering it's running an 8-core AMD chip. So I doubt it has anything to do with consoles.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 22, 2017, 15:17 NKD

I'd vote for Camacho over Trump.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2017, 12:21 NKD

Just finished watching the first episode of The Orville. I won't even feel bad if Discovery sucks, this isn't even Star Trek and its the best Star Trek series since DS9. It's got a lot of Seth Macfarlane humour, but it doesn't feel like a parody or even like a comedy, as it's not just an series of comedic events.  

You are being watched.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2017, 11:29 NKD

Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 10:59:
NKD wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 10:21:
Early chatter about the new Star Trek series is promising, but this streaming platform thing is going to kill it. It's really a shame.

Yep. I may subscribe for one month to watch all episodes once they've been released, but CBS seems to think they'll get millions of people signing up just to watch one episode a week.

It's not Game of Thrones, CBS.

I have to wonder how decisions like this get made. It's so obviously a terrible idea. I can only imagine that their thinking is they'll get enough revenue to turn a profit even if it flops, so it's worth the gamble to them.

On the other hand, I've heard good things about The Orville. The critics hate it, but its getting great ratings and Trek fans seem to like it. It's not a straight comedy/parody like many people expected. I'm going to check it out.

You are being watched.

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
5. Re: New AMD Drivers Support Dual Vega GPUs Sep 22, 2017, 10:44 NKD

I hope they don't become one of those companies that goes around suing anyone who has anything that has even remotely similar gameplay.  

You are being watched.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2017, 10:21 NKD

Early chatter about the new Star Trek series is promising, but this streaming platform thing is going to kill it. It's really a shame.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
19. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2017, 06:59 NKD

Beamer wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 19:54:
Some of these jokes are just... Cutteresque. We can do better.

But why waste the effort on the Trumps.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 21, 2017, 11:11 NKD

Yeah when your husband is the perfect embodiment of everything that's wrong with society, its hard to find any "issue" you can speak about honestly.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Review Fallout
16. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 20, 2017, 13:57 NKD

Nullity wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 13:49:
As long as they're honest, I don't see how it can be considered spam.

It's typically low effort garbage. "SHIT GAME LITERALLY RUINED BY PAID MODS!!!" And then you see the guy has 1500 hours on the game and is currently playing it. You're not going to get a review bomb comprised of informative and honest posts. Those are just normal reviews. The whole point of a review bomb is a coordinated deluge of garbage designed to tank a score.

You are being watched.

14. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 20, 2017, 13:34 NKD

Nullity wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 13:08:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 10:05:
That right there is a fine example of review bombing.
The revised Steam review plan is gonna come in handy.

Sometimes a review bombing is deserved.

Deserved by whom? The developers? Maybe. Or the consumer who is just trying to find honest reviews about a product, not a bunch of fucking spam? And who decides? Some autistic fuckwits on /v/?

You are being watched.

11. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 20, 2017, 13:02 NKD

User reviews are more useless than IGN or Gamespot reviews at this point. Just find some Youtuber with your same taste in games, and find out what they think of it.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
8. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 20, 2017, 09:07 NKD

yuastnav wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 02:43:
So how realistic is the driving? How does it compare to something like rFactor or Project Cars?

It's a little less realistic than like iRacing etc. It's not a hard sim, generally considered "simcade." Basically it's got some physics differences that make it more playable with a controller so that a wheel isn't necessary to get the most out of it.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 19, 2017, 18:07 NKD

WaltC wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 15:56:
it doesn't get anymore racist than that.

You could look in the mirror if you want to see what a real racist looks like.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 16, 2017, 16:02 NKD

I wonder if its a real "deeply concerned" or a John McCain "deeply concerned."  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed
12. Re: Star Citizen Refund Story Disputed Sep 15, 2017, 00:20 NKD

Star Citizen is the Trump University of gaming.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
48. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 17:37 NKD

Overon wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 17:15:
What is specifically the blatant example of Chris Roberts lying?

Any time his lips are moving or his accounts are posting something.

You are being watched.

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
12. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 11:24 NKD

If I was trying to refund that much, I'd spend the few extra bucks and hire a lawyer to write them a scary letter. Once you involve a lawyer they know you're serious and just want to make you go away.  

You are being watched.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2017, 17:33 NKD

ledhead1969 wrote on Sep 13, 2017, 12:51:
If your 6 year old child was raped by an adult how would you feel about their rights post sentencing? Let's set aside all of the virtue signaling on Blues and get right down to it...who would be good with their child's rapist getting a nice cushy job in an elementary school after they get out of prison?

The government's job with regards to the justice system isn't to hand out vengeance, it's to protect the rest of us. If possible, also to rehabilitate criminals into productive members of society instead of prisoners who just siphon money out.

If you want vengeance, you need to do it yourself and take the consequences.

You blast "virtue signalling" but virtue signalling precisely why we have a sex offender registry. Politicians trying to out-do each other with "think of the children" bullshit trying to look like the most virtuous pieces of shit to ever live.

There are more dangerous criminals, more likely to reoffend, and less able to be rehabilitated, who get shorter sentences, and don't have to register on any list.

We can't run our justice system on emotion, or create laws based on the feelings of angry victims.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2017, 22:50 NKD

If you don't wanna get dogpiled on for a mildly racist comment, don't do it in a place where millions of people are going to hear it. There's literally nothing that can prevent that reaction.  

You are being watched.

5185 Comments. 260 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo