Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5357 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 20:19 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 20:08:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 19:35:
Since you work in the service industry, and are always nice to people in person, I would have thought you wouldn't have a problem with something like that.
Your zingers are not #fakezingers. thanks for the giggle.

I didn't know Freelance Proctology Test Dummy was considered part of the "service industry" though.

Citizen of the United Shitholes of America
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 17:42 NKD

If it was Kushner, the Trumpians would all go "I NEVER LIKED THAT (((GLOBALIST))) ANYWAY! GOOD RIDDANCE!"  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 14:31 NKD

A grand jury has approved the first set of charges in Mueller's Russia probe.

Charges remain sealed for the moment, so we may not know for a few days who is being charged and with what. Smart money is on Manafort or Flynn, but it could be just about anyone in Trump's orbit. We could see arrests as soon as Monday.

Don't worry though, Trumptards, I'm sure there will be a huge plot twist and it's actually Hillary Clinton who is getting arrested for running a pedophile conspiracy out of a pizza parlor!

46. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 08:54 NKD

El Pit wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 08:28:
Legalize all drugs? So, when those drugged people crash into your car or pilot their planes into a skyscraper or ram their boat into your house by the lake, it is alright? Or let them become hyperaggressive because of the shit they take and grab a gun to go on a killing spree where you live? No, thank you. Lock them up and THEN give them all the drugs they want. Burn the bodies and throw the ashes away. But don't let them drive through my hometown by the dozens. I want to leave my house without jumping into a tank to get from point A to B.

I find this post amusing because alcohol is legal and people use it to crash into other peoples cars all the time. Yet we already tried prohibition and it only made things worse. And the people who grab guns and go on killing sprees are typically not on any substances at all...

Maybe not the best examples.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 28, 2017, 01:58 NKD

Simon Says wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 19:23:
Can you guess how much evidence will be presented for this alleged Russian attempt at regime change in the next year?

Exactly the same as in the next 50 years. ZERO

Is there any topic you don't shill for Russia on? If you like it so much, why don't you do us all a favor and go back.

Oh, and since you were wondering, a Federal grand jury has apparently approved its first set of charges in Mueller's Russia probe. No word yet on who is being charged and with what.

Seems unlikely they would do so without at least some evidence.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2017, 04:22.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Oct 28, 2017, 01:54 NKD

Questions I still have: Where/what/who are the Jardaan? What purpose did they have for the race they created? What else is hidden on Meridian? Who are the conspirators behind the assassination of Jien Garson? Who is the Benefactor?

What's the motivation behind assassinating Garson anyway? She was expressing doubts about the project, sure, but they had already arrived and it had been 600 years. How she felt about the project was irrelevant at that point.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Released
35. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 01:47 NKD

Popcorn  

News Comments > GTA Online Celebrates 4th Anniversary and Halloween
2. Re: GTA Online Celebrates 4th Anniversary and Halloween Oct 27, 2017, 22:53 NKD

The Batmobile thing is pretty fun I guess.  

36. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 21:11 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 17:59:

We're better off with Trump than Pence.

Yeah at least Trump being utterly incompetent and unable to get anything done even with Republicans controlling all the things means he has limited avenues for ruining the country. Pence, or even Clinton, are professionals who know how to work with others, so they'd get a lot more done. Which is either good or bad depending on your political perspective I suppose.

But with Trump the only thing we have to worry about is our country's reputation and general embarrassment as a nation that we let this happen.

I seriously wonder about anyone who turns on the TV, sees Trump being an utter retard bragging about being able to read or how whatever useless thing he tried to do is going to be the best thing ever, and goes "That's my President! MAGA!"

29. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 19:47 NKD

Getting good reviews so I picked it up. I'm enjoying the game so far. The formula is switched up a bit, the combat is more challenging than usual, but it doesn't feel unmanageably cumbersome like Unity combat.

Not nearly as fluid as Syndicate, but Syndicate had some of the easiest combat in an AC game. Syndicate almost like Shadow of Mordor, which this definitely isn't.

One thing this game has that previous AC didn't is that enemies have levels, scaling HP, etc. Different areas of the world are different levels. So you can go back to explore or check out stuff you missed and feel like a god as you beat the fuck out of peons.

If you go into too high level an area, you can't even assassinate the dudes outright, you can only do a stealth ambush that doesn't instantly kill them. After which you get your shit pushed straight back up into your mouth. Unless you're up against one guy, and are really good at dodging every single attack.

Anyway, it's worthwhile to check out reviews and videos and shit. The year they skipped to rework the formula a little bit definitely helped. I think this is the best reviews AC has gotten since Brotherhood.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 17:54 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 14:11:
If you do one thing today, make it this
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

Man I wish petitions did something.

On that note, even my conservative mother has now told me we need to "get Trump out of there." She doesn't like him treating Republicans like the opposition party apparently, and she's noticed that he never actually accomplishes anything. He makes some token effort, usually via executive order, declares it the greatest thing anyone has ever done, and then moves on.

She was never really a Trump supporter except that she thought he'd be a good puppet manipulated by the Republican mainstream. Now she's worried about the damage Trump is doing to the Republicans by not working with his own party.

21. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 17:32 NKD

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 15:34:

*Edit:* I had asked these questions with the intention of buying the game. However, since the reply I received was toxicity for absolutely no reason from a fanboi taking offense, I decided not to. Keep up the good work, just cost your game a sale.

What have you guys done?! This game can't succeed without this guys purchase.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 03:52 NKD

Red886 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 01:48:
"Your brain does not process information and it is not a computer."

lots of empty words and presumptions in the article. While we just want to know how it works with regards to

1. people with photographic memory
2. those who memorized and recited religious texts, word for word
3. people who can play Beethoven without sheets (lol at the 5th Beethoven analogy in the article)

Well for starters: Photographic memory doesn't exist.

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Oct 27, 2017, 03:20 NKD

This video is a better one debunking the idea that faking the moon landing was possible back then.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Oct 27, 2017, 00:39 NKD

Wolfenstein II has been available for piracy since yesterday, so I guess one day sooner than if it had Denuvo LOL.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 27, 2017, 00:27 NKD

Remember when the Republicans were the ones warning us to not trust Russia? Guess that only lasted until the Russians were doing stuff that worked in their favor.  

6. Re: Into the Black Oct 27, 2017, 00:05 NKD

It's one of the bigger hurdles humanity will have to overcome at some point, that tendency to put faith/factless belief before evidence and reason. I don't think we'll ever overcome it, honestly.

This arises from our powerful ability to discern patterns. People seeing "truth" in things that are just noise. A belief in a god, or some other silly thing, has no causal bedrock you can reach. People believe in it because they were taught to believe it, by someone who in turn was taught by someone else. There's no independent fact checking or verification anywhere along the way.

People believe in religions and conspiracy theories because they want to believe. They want to think they know something other people don't. They want the comfort of believing there's a plan, even if it's a malicious plan, because it's at least comprehensible. The truth that we're just a bunch of apes stumbling through a dark, largely arbitrary universe, is too scary to fathom for some people.

For others it's emotional. Not so much on the conspiracy side, but on the religious side. They want to believe they are going to be reunited with loved ones in an afterlife, or that there's some powerful being who will never let them down like their dad who went out for cigarettes and never returned.

Anyway, this is why we have the scientific method, and why science is such a team effort. We can check each other's work for bullshit, personal bias, etc.

News Comments > Steam Halloween Sale Begins
5. Re: Steam Halloween Sale Begins Oct 26, 2017, 23:43 NKD

These sales started to lose their luster once I hit about 500 games in my library. You have most everything worth buying at that point. Some people have upwards of 1000 games, but to do that you need to buy a lot of real garbage.

Some sales will go by without me spending even a dollar.

That said, that's hardly a bad thing. Probably 90% of my library was acquired at some reasonably big discount.

3. Re: Into the Black Oct 26, 2017, 22:18 NKD

Saw another (less cheesy) video some time back by some film and photography nerd explaining this. People have all kinds of crazy explanations for why traveling to the moon is impossible, or would have been impossible back then. But it's actually simpler and requires less specialized knowledge to simply prove that what we saw was impossible to fake back then, and in some cases, still impossible to fake.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 26, 2017, 22:08 NKD

Well at least they are doing SOMETHING to help wrap up the Andromeda storyline. Really bad form to leave so many major plot points hanging. Still very hesitant to buy any games from Bioware in the future. I can look past the technical flaws in Andromeda, and even to some extent the troubled developmnt cycle, but cutting and running so you can take all the staff for some other game is super fucking scummy.

Mass Effect deserves better treatment.

5357 Comments. 268 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo