Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5293 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer Oct 24, 2017, 13:35 NKD

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 12:32:
Looks like another entry for the $9.99 and under sale list.

Climb more towers in gorgeous 4k!

I believe tower climbing is gone in this one, or at least it's no longer how you uncover the map (you do that by just wandering about), and you can play without climbing one. That's what people have been saying anyway.

Citizen of the United Shitholes of America
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2017, 08:45 NKD

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 03:56:
with 8 cores/threads being the norm for consoles now, games are going to be looking for that as a minimum. the days of 4 cores being adequate for (AAA at least) gaming are coming to an end. it will be interesting to see how this game performs on i5's with decent speed, with those stated requirements.

that being said, it's hard to imagine a game not running well on a decent i5 compared to an AMD 8350.

Games really haven't made much headway in scaling beyond 4 cores, and Hyperthreading isn't 8 cores anyway. You're actually better off disabling Hyperthreading on an i7 for gaming, because most games it's actually giving you a measurable performance decrease.

Some DX12 games actually scale pretty well up to about 6 cores and do get some boost from Hyperthreading.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer Oct 24, 2017, 03:15 NKD

The info I've seen from recent leaks is promising. Fingers crossed.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs
3. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus System Specs Oct 23, 2017, 22:19 NKD

Slashman wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 21:23:
The MINIMUM CPU is an i7? Seriously? What the hell are they smoking? Why would an i5 not be adequate?

Um, an i5 and i7 aren't really appreciably different for gaming. If you have an i5 similar to the i7 they are asking for, you're going to be fine. System requirements have never been an exhaustive list of compatible CPUs...too many overlapping product lines, equivalent CPUs in different generations, etc.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: LawBreakers For Nintendo Switch Could Happen But Don't Get Your Hopes Up. Oct 23, 2017, 17:47 NKD

If they release LawBreakers for Switch they can increase their player base from 10, to 12!  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
19. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 17:40 NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 15:53:
I think reddit took so much of what NeoGaf offered.

Other than Blue's, the only places I talk about gaming are reddit, and various Discord servers I'm in. This site has its niche for me, in that its a bunch of old crusty fucks and the discussion strays a little bit beyond gaming.

Reddit really did poach a lot of the discussion on the Internet, in much the same way as Discord is taking over simultaneously for IRC and voice chats. This includes leaks. All the interesting leaks about TV, movies, and games I've read in recent history have popped up on reddit, or sometimes YouTube.

Old school forums are just too static for the modern Internet. On reddit if some subreddit gets caught up in some controversy, say, its head moderator being outed as a sexual predator. The guy can step down without having to actually do anything. The moderators below him will simply move up the list. No one has to take over paying the bills or get access to server accounts etc. If he decides to be a dick, you can just go to another subreddit using your same name and account.

Some ancient ass forum goes tits up and all the discussion gets lost and the userbase scattered.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Drivers Oct 23, 2017, 17:20 NKD

Honestly you run into more problems updating constantly. Only update it if you run into issues.  

17. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 15:19 NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 12:09:

I think the industry leaks stopped nearly a decade ago, right?
Back around 2007-2010 they seemed to be the originators of so much information, but it's been at least 5 years since I've heard them mentioned in a positive way.

I haven't heard of any big news coming out of NeoGAF in a long time. Gaming is a high turnover industry, so their insiders probably eventually ended up at companies where they had little information of value. That or they got tired of the NeoGAF circlejerk.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2017, 15:10 NKD

Looking at cooler and wetter than average up here in the northwest apparently.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Oct 23, 2017, 11:36 NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:27:
NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:11:
Like the previous article, I think AAA single-player games are on a big decline, but they will persist in indie and Kickstarter land for the forseeable future. So unless you need absolutely top notch production values, I think you'll be fine for single player gaming.

It'll consolidate. EA and Activision may bow out, and already somewhat have, but Bethesda and CDPR will keep doing it like crazy.

I dunno about "like crazy." Both studios are known for releasing a title every few years. Not exactly market saturation of AAA SP gaming...

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Oct 23, 2017, 10:11 NKD

Like the previous article, I think AAA single-player games are on a big decline, but they will persist in indie and Kickstarter land for the forseeable future. So unless you need absolutely top notch production values, I think you'll be fine for single player gaming.  

12. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 09:51 NKD

Quboid wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 09:49:
Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 07:16:
even more weirdly, unified just because they think your political views are heinous.

Right?! He reminds me RollinThunder

I had forgotten about that guy. TrollinBlunder.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2017, 09:42 NKD

Redmask wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 08:11:
NKD wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 14:26:
I always love how this is literally the only site where I see anyone talk about baseball. Basically zero discussion on any of my other gaming hideouts, in stark contrast to what happens as we come up on the NFL playoffs.

The baseball strike when I was growing up just murdered my interest in the sport, same with most of my friends back then. It was a long one and after that we had already moved onto other sports. I find the sport itself is pretty boring to watch, more fun to play.

I played football and baseball in my school days and I always enjoyed baseball more. But yeah I stopped watching around the same time you did. 1994? 1995? Something like that. I watched the occasional Mariners game up until Griffey and A-Rod left in ~2000.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2017, 09:16 NKD

heroin wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 23:19:
#1 thing the sheeple should ask themselves when horrific things occur: Who benefits?

I've benefitted from a whole lot of things in my life that I had nothing to do with. The world is full of opportunists. It doesn't mean they created every opportunity. If you want anyone to listen, you need actual evidence that holds up to scrutiny.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
7. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Oct 23, 2017, 09:03 NKD

Spektr wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 05:08:
NKD wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 18:30:
JeffD wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 14:29:
Amazon wants to do a lot of shit with drones without considering the laws of physics.

What law of physics prevents them from giving people a little charge to get them to the next charging station? Is it the same law of physics that prevents you from jump starting another persons car with your battery?

Probably the same law of physics that makes my battery heavy as shit?

You can get retail consumer-tier quadcopters that can carry a payload of like 50 lbs. I'm sure if you're Amazon you can probably afford ones even stronger.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
4. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Oct 22, 2017, 18:30 NKD

JeffD wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 14:29:
Amazon wants to do a lot of shit with drones without considering the laws of physics.

What law of physics prevents them from giving people a little charge to get them to the next charging station? Is it the same law of physics that prevents you from jump starting another persons car with your battery?

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2017, 15:16 NKD

heroin wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 12:00:
Exactly what Cutter said. I wonder why some are so conservative in their fear of believing conspiracies,

It's not a "fear of believing in conspiracies." It's placing a value on reasoning and evidence over wild speculation.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2017, 14:26 NKD

I always love how this is literally the only site where I see anyone talk about baseball. Basically zero discussion on any of my other gaming hideouts, in stark contrast to what happens as we come up on the NFL playoffs.  

1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 22, 2017, 14:17 NKD

Did NeoGAF even have any users left anyway? Pretty sure they banned everyone for having wrong opinions.

That place was a great example of what happens when you do extreme moderation with no checks and balances on your moderators. You just had a bunch of really angry individuals going around banning literally anyone they didn't like.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Your data will get hacked anyway Oct 22, 2017, 09:37 NKD

Red886 wrote on Oct 22, 2017, 03:07:
any article on hate groups that fails to mention anti-white, anti-asian, anti-christian, anti-police is not worth 10s of your time.

It probably doesn't mention them because they make up like 0.01% of the hate groups on Steam, and thus is not a problem of the same scale. The article would be mighty long if they listed every possible anti-everything group.

5293 Comments. 265 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo