Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 4922 (Master)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. removed Jun 29, 2017, 10:45 NKD

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 29, 2017, 19:46.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 29, 2017, 04:09 NKD

Expecting Trump to use Google? Too far man!

Read an article today that evidently Trump has no clue what the fuck is going on during the health care discussions and keeps conflating Medicaid and Medicare.

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 03:41:

Also, not a good idea to take undeserving swipes at Bezos. He owns the Washington Post.

That's why he was doing it. Someones newspaper writes unflattering story about you? Threaten to raise their taxes. It's weird to think that there was a time when that kind of behavior would have been shockingly inappropriate. Worst part of Trump isn't Trump, but the fact that he's dropped the bar so low that I'll probably never see another competent President in my lifetime.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2017, 00:33 NKD

On that YouTube stunt, I'm not sure what they expect to accomplish by jailing a pregnant widow. Yeah, she's fucking retarded, but her dead boyfriend goaded her into it so he obviously wasn't winning any IQ tests either.

Simon Says wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 21:16:
That supreme court ruling potentially opens the door to massive abuse... :/

Yeah that's some serious bullshit. I hope Google ignores the ruling.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2017, 11:23 NKD

I mean the Optane shit is cool, but my SSDs are already faster than they need to be to max out any typical desktop workload. The real world improvements on faster drives are small in desktop land.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2017, 11:05 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 10:30:
NKD wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 09:52:
Played that Spinz game for a bit. Of course I named my spinner Donald J. Trump and after some early success imploded into failure. I suck at these "pick up the shit" games.
Did you make and frame a fake Time cover for your donny?

#FAKENEWS

Did you see the latest thing with CNN? The people who did the slimy hit job on Shirley Sherrod, and also those ACORN videos, did an 'undercover' video where they got some health producer at CNN to admit they focus on the Russia story for ratings. So the Trumpers are all like, "I KNEW IT. FAKE NEWS!"

Even the heavily edited video doesn't actually have the guy admitting they faked anything, but that's beside the point I guess.

Don't me wrong, cable news is garbage, but the video doesn't actually tell us anything we didn't already know.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2017, 09:52 NKD

Played that Spinz game for a bit. Of course I named my spinner Donald J. Trump and after some early success imploded into failure. I suck at these "pick up the shit" games.  

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 This Year
48. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 28, 2017, 09:26 NKD

Quinn wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 09:17:
NKD wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 08:43:
VaranDragon wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 08:21:

People killed by terrorism in Western Europe since 1970

Looks like there's been quite a spike in terrorist activity in the last couple years, and we're certainly on track for another bumper crop of terror attacks in the EU this year. It appears to be back up to the levels in the 80s. Certainly enough to stoke fears in people. Hell, some people in the US (Trumpian fucktards mostly) are afraid of Muslims and all our terrorists are white neckbeards who are mad they couldn't get laid.

You're vastly more likely to be killed by... just about anything in the US, than terrorists. And thats if you include white mass shooters. Only include jihadists and it's basically background noise. In the EU, while there are significantly more terror attacks, it's still not a huge number of deaths.

Ignoring the spike in fear and hate in the EU or pretending it's not an issue is a mistake. It doesn't matter if it's an irrational fear, it will still lead to bad things.

"There's a bigger chance you die in a car accident than by a terrorist attack!" is what your reasoning sounds like. My question: so what? That's a different problem. There are many different problems about all kinds of things. This is another trick you see people like yourself resort to: I talk about problem A, you bring up problem B. It gets us nowhere at all. I talk about muslims (I actually didn't even) that kill for their religious ideals, you talk about white americans who kill because they can't get laid. Two. Different. Problems. One is an assault against our values, the other is the act of a deranged idiot. Both require a different solution.

Do I have the answers? No. Do I think changing the subject all the fucking time helps anyone? Absolutely not.

I don't think we actually disagree. I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I am saying that the statistics themselves aren't as significant as what they represent. Which is, like you said, jihadists. The comparison to the white guys in the US doing shootings is just another example of pointing out how the statistics aren't in line with the level of fear. After all, the whole point of terrorist attacks is to create fear, not achieve a certain body count.

45. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 28, 2017, 08:43 NKD

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 08:21:

People killed by terrorism in Western Europe since 1970

Looks like there's been quite a spike in terrorist activity in the last couple years, and we're certainly on track for another bumper crop of terror attacks in the EU this year. It appears to be back up to the levels in the 80s. Certainly enough to stoke fears in people. Hell, some people in the US (Trumpian fucktards mostly) are afraid of Muslims and all our terrorists are white neckbeards who are mad they couldn't get laid.

You're vastly more likely to be killed by... just about anything in the US, than terrorists. And thats if you include white mass shooters. Only include jihadists and it's basically background noise. In the EU, while there are significantly more terror attacks, it's still not a huge number of deaths.

Ignoring the spike in fear and hate in the EU or pretending it's not an issue is a mistake. It doesn't matter if it's an irrational fear, it will still lead to bad things.

39. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 28, 2017, 00:39 NKD

Never change, Space Captain.  

37. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 27, 2017, 23:49 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 22:28:
NKD wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 21:07:
Retired wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 20:30:

Please post stats of violent crime in those same countries vs ours. Thanks.

Wow you're right. The UK has like 1/4th the homicide rate of the US, and Japan less than 1/10th. Far less rape in the EU as a whole, and waaay less in Japan. Though anecdotally you hear about a lot of perv gropers in subways in Japan so I question that statistic. Oh and the percentage of their population that is incarcerated is much lower as well by a huge amount.

So not only do they kill far fewer suspects, they are far better at reducing crime, and don't throw half the population in prison to do it!
It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that every mook in the UK and Japan does not have ready access to firearms.

Correlation does not imply causation.

Sorry perhaps I needed to put an /s tag. That was the point. That guy was implying that because violent crime rates are higher, cops need to kill more people. That again, is a correlation, not a causative link.

So I responded with an equally facetious comparison.

35. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 27, 2017, 21:19 NKD

Bard wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 21:15:

They also don't have a culture that peddles fear and hate constantly, to make citizens more susceptible to believing whatever new form of BS they create to justify more conflicts and larger security forces for profit (at their expense).

Oh I don't know about that... there's a lot of fear and hate in the EU, and UK in particular. One example: There is a large population of conservative Muslims who are not well integrated. Lots of backlash. Fear of refugees and immigrants is a big deal in the EU.

33. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 27, 2017, 21:07 NKD

Retired wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 20:30:

Please post stats of violent crime in those same countries vs ours. Thanks.

Wow you're right. The UK has like 1/4th the homicide rate of the US, and Japan less than 1/10th. Far less rape in the EU as a whole, and waaay less in Japan. Though anecdotally you hear about a lot of perv gropers in subways in Japan so I question that statistic. Oh and the percentage of their population that is incarcerated is much lower as well by a huge amount.

So not only do they kill far fewer suspects, they are far better at reducing crime, and don't throw half the population in prison to do it!

31. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 27, 2017, 19:53 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 19:46:
In todays news; 3 police officers accused of covering up a fatal police shooting, and it's on video.

Chicago is the dirtiest department in the country, at least in terms of major police forces. Sheriffs in Bumfuck, Nebraska have them beat but Bumfuck, Nebraska only has a population of 1200, all white.

Too bad they won't ever get convicted, because they almost never do.

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
88. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 27, 2017, 19:36 NKD

Orogogus wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 17:57:
it's because Cutter posts a lot and many of the posts aren't just attacks,

That's fair. You're right, many of them aren't attacks. Many of them are non-sequiturs that show he hasn't actually clicked the link or read the article.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
13. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 27, 2017, 18:09 NKD

LittleMe wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 17:58:
How about calling it an Inadequate Deterrent that line the pockets of the Prison Industrial Complex, causing a cycle of escalating criminal element in society.

Prison time is a forced indoctrination into our burgeoning criminal class.

The concept of deterrence is also doubly ineffective when it comes at the cost of rehabilitation or restitution to society, which it often does. Like you said, there's a financial interest in keeping as many people cycling in and out of the system as possible.

If people are getting rich off the incarceration of criminals, it should be the society they wronged, not a select few private corporations.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2017, 17:06 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 16:47:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 16:28:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 16:23:
Call your Senator. Tell him you're a constituent, you vote every election, and you oppose the bill. This is the best way to influence a Congress person.
The painful truth here is the GOP thinks, possibly correctly, that they will pay a bigger price politically if they don't "repeal and replace" the ACA than they will if they do. They have promised it for seven years, they were elected on those promises. This despite the fact that many of the people who elected them are the ones who will pay the price. You reap what you sow.
Yes, but unlike the house where the GOP has gerrymandered themselves into safe districts, Senators rely on moderate votes to win and are susceptible to influence.

Yeah it's hard to gerrymander state borders, unfortunately for the GOP. There are at least one or two (R) Senators who are going to have to oppose probably any form of this bill in order to get re-elected. Susan Collins of Maine is one.

21. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jun 27, 2017, 17:02 NKD

The other thing to consider is that we don't have a central reporting mechanism for these officer-involved shootings, so we don't even know how many of these shootings there are precisely. We certainly don't have details or anything that would help us hold police accountable.

When they shoot someone dead who is say, homeless or has no family, there's no one to complain about it and it will go completely unnoticed because there is no requirement to report the shooting happened beyond their own internal reports, let alone the details.

Police resist this type of accountability vigorously. Why?

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2017, 16:25 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 16:23:
Call your Senator. Tell him you're a constituent, you vote every election, and you oppose the bill. This is the best way to influence a Congress person.

I would but I'm a liberal "cuck" with two liberal female Senators so it's unnecessary. They also allow the devil's weed in my state. It's terrible I tell you, terrible!!

News Comments > Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up
86. Re: Star Citizen Bank Loan Follow-up Jun 27, 2017, 16:11 NKD

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 05:35:
NKD wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 19:36:
Cutter wrote on Jun 26, 2017, 19:22:
Can we start a KS to get these idiotic trolls around here to fucking kill themselves already? They are just an absolute waste of space and resources. They are just garbage, and that's an insult to garbage.

Honestly Blue how much longer do we have to tolerate Cutter's violent outbursts?

What are you, seven years old? "Teacher, teacher! Cutter was being mean to me again! BUUUHUUU!!"

Cutter is always whining about the "trolls" and how Blue needs to ban them. The thing is, the "trolls" he is talking about are everyone here except him. Of course lately he's escalated to calls for violence.

Blue has banned previous users who only seemed to have bile to spew, why not Cutter?

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2017, 15:48 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 15:14:
Game over man.

These incompetent cunts had years to come up with something better than Obamacare and instead they expect people to swallow this rush job which is just a shittier version of Obamacare.

4922 Comments. 247 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo