Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5170 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
28. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 18:16 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 18:11:
Just as I thought, nothing. But thanks for verifying that for me.
You did leave an out by using the word routinely so it's perfectly ok to admit that you can't find anything to back up your statement.

So what I'm getting here is that you want me to ask you for citations for every single claim you make in every post you make until the end of time? And then when you waste your time posting links, I can say they aren't good enough? Do you want me to do this retroactively, or just from now on?

I'm not clear on when we switched to only being able to say things that were literal quotes from a peer reviewed journal. You sure as fuck don't post by those rules.

You are being watched.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 18:10 NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 17:59:

In fairness, none of those links say teenage girls are notoriously cruel and routinely drive teenage boys to suicide..

Well yeah, I wasn't directly quoting any particular study. That's just my editorialized understanding of what teenagers are up to these days, based on the available material. It's not like anyone puts citations at the bottoms of their posts.

You are being watched.

24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 17:12 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 17:05:
NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 17:02:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 16:57:
NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 16:51:
teenage girls ...routinely drive boys to suicide.
SOURCE?

You're a literate human being unlike some folks around here, so I'm sure you can Google some research on teenage suicides, and how common it is for some girl-based drama to be the reason some guy tries to kill himself.
Just as i thought.

You really want me to hold your hand for you? Okay. Here are some links about why teens kill themselves.

One
Two
Three

And here are some statistics.

One
Two

Let me know if you need the audiobook version or the special "Cutter Edition" which boils it down to just the headers.

You are being watched.

22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 17:02 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 16:57:
NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 16:51:
teenage girls ...routinely drive boys to suicide.
SOURCE?

You're a literate human being unlike some folks around here, so I'm sure you can Google some research on teenage suicides, and how common it is for some girl-based drama to be the reason some guy tries to kill himself. The reverse is also true, though girls succeed in killing themselves less often than boys. (Girls make twice the attempts, but boys die at four times the rate.)

Teenagers are malicious little balls of chaos who turn on each other at the slightest provocation.

You are being watched.

20. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 16:51 NKD

Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 16:13:

Perhaps the teenage version of me was a hornball who would've jumped at anything but I'm glad I was never put in that situation with a teacher. It's not a decision you should have to make. As RedEye said, before people laugh they should consider their reaction if this was their teenage daughter and a male teacher.

Teenage me didn't have a teenage daughter and wouldn't have given a fuck. All I thought about then was video games and getting laid with anything above a 3. As far as being messed up emotionally, it's my experience that a teenage boy is far more likely to get fucked up emotionally by banging a teenage girl than by an adult woman, seeing as how the former are notoriously cruel and routinely drive boys to suicide.

You are being watched.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 14:50 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 13:34:
NKD wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 12:52:
Man I would have loved to bag a teacher in high school. As long as she wasn't trying to blackmail me with bad grades or some shit. Then I'd have to report the bitch.

Dude, ew.

My GF in HS was so much hotter than any teacher I knew. Most of the girls were. And that's not even getting into the power dynamic/teacher mental state/interest difference/life stage, etc.

Homie I'm talking about banging the chick not marrying her and living a healthy relationship. None of that shit would have mattered to teenage me.

You are being watched.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2017, 12:52 NKD

Man I would have loved to bag a teacher in high school. As long as she wasn't trying to blackmail me with bad grades or some shit. Then I'd have to report the bitch.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 10:55 NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 09:40:
There are people here that dislike liberals and/or "SJWs."

Hell, I'm a liberal who dislikes SJWs. Identity politics is toxic at its core. It's inherently flawed because it says that you cannot possibly understand someone unless you share that identity. If they are telling me I can't and will never understand them, then why should I listen to anything they have to say?

There are other toxic elements: the in-group compartmentalizing, purity tests, and a sort of reputation management where you have to say or do the right things or be shunned from your group. The alt-right claims to be against these things, but they are just a new even more vile version of identity politics. Essentially they are SJWs who only care about justice for the white conservative identity.

You can't unify people to get things done if you're too busy splitting into sub-factions and fighting amongst yourselfs in the oppression Olympics. That's where the conservatives have a really unfortunate advantage. The white identity group, if it can be mobilized, holds all the institutional power.

Identity politics works for the right because they lack true diversity, but it doesn't work for us.

You are being watched.

2. Re: Mychael Knight Oct 18, 2017, 10:43 NKD

shul wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 10:18:
Died of IBS? that sounds strange...

I was gonna say, fatal IBS? Tthat sounds like a really shitty way to go.

Also, who is going to break the news to KITT?

You are being watched.

News Comments > Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking
5. Re: Activision Patents Driving Microtransactions Through Matchmaking Oct 18, 2017, 10:41 NKD

That's pretty lame. Matchmaking systems already fail hard enough as it is without adding more reasons for the system to not find you a proper opponent.  

You are being watched.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 08:44 NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 07:37:
It's horrible and tragic. At the same time, it's also kind of funny because the alt-right, MRA, GGer, T_D types love calling everyone leftist pedophiles, so it's a bit fun to see them distance themselves from a guy who used to be influential to them and uses the exact rhetoric they do.

The hypocrisy they exhibit while doing so is pretty astonishing. They cry about Antifa and #PunchANazi saying "It could cause violence! Someones going to get hurt!" but do nothing to acknowledge their own hateful rhetoric's impact on society.

It's no different than some mosque filling young Muslims hungry for meaning in their life with a bunch of hateful garbage. The right wing loves to bitch about that, and then spend their time doing the same thing.

People armed with lies, hate, and bad incentives are very dangerous, regardless of the source of those things.

You are being watched.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released
7. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Released Oct 18, 2017, 03:40 NKD

Nucas wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 03:33:
does anyone else tune out "comedy games" or is it just me?

i think it may be an inherent fault of mine, though. i realized tonight when i was browsing netflix that i never really seek out stand-up, 'funny' movies, etc. like i'll watch it if it's on and have a chuckle but in general i'd rather take in other things if given the choice.

I'm similar. I enjoy my comedy mixed with other stuff. I don't really watch sitcoms or comedy movies. I used to watch a few of the classic 80s sitcoms as a child but mostly just because my parents were watching them.

I like funny games though. There's usually enough gameplay to keep the comedy from getting tired. Haven't been a big South Park watcher for a very long time though, so Fractured Butthole isn't really on the priority list.

You are being watched.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 02:33 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 02:13:
Firefighting strike grp respond to Sonoma wildfire to find...

Jesus fuck.

That video was like a post apocalyptic movie set or something. I wonder what took them so long to call those engines up from Berkeley. By the time they arrived so much was already gone.

Yeah that's some absolutely stunning shit. I live in the Pacific NW in an area that doesn't really get wildfires. All we have to worry about up here is the occasional volcano, or the Cascadia Subduction Zone earthquake that's supposed to be some ridiculous 9.5 whenever it happens. No hurricanes, no tornados, no wildfires. Any kind of extreme weather or natural disaster is pretty rare up here.

Very thankful I don't have to live the nightmare some of those people must be going through.

You are being watched.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2017, 01:17 NKD

Oh speaking of Trump, one of Mashiki's homeboys over at T_D and KotakuInAction lost his shit and called his father a "leftist pedophile" before murdering him in cold blood.

Went by the username /u/seattle4truth and was also on staff the alt reich/MRA/Gamergate website Ralph Retort.

You are being watched.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 17, 2017, 23:45 NKD

As much as I hate loot crates, at least it's something I can avoid if I want to avoid it. Companies will find a way to make the money back somewhere. If not for loot crates, it'll be something else. Possibly something worse, and not optional.

There's a certain poetry to rich whales subsidizing my video gaming. But at the same time I understand some people are literally retarded and need to be protected from themselves.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction
2. Re: Visceral Closing; Star Wars Game Changing Direction Oct 17, 2017, 21:05 NKD

A little vague about what they are doing instead. Perhaps something a bit more open world?  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Launch Trailer
1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Launch Trailer Oct 17, 2017, 20:54 NKD

I hope the final boss is Mecha-Trump.  

You are being watched.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 18:15 NKD

It was funny seeing Dunsworth playing a relatively normal guy on Haven, after having seen him as Lahey. Of course his character there did take a turn towards the weird later on.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2017, 18:11 NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 17:48:

Rant over.

I've done similar rants. It puzzles me how anyone other than the very wealthy can get behind what passes for right wing economics in this country.

I guess it's simply a matter of distracting people by pointing to the people below them on the economic ladder. If you tell some conservative making $50,000 a year that people making $20,000 a year are going to be getting benefits paid for by his taxes, he's going to get upset.

"I don't want my money going to people who didn't earn it!"

So he supports lowering taxes on the rich because he thinks "Well I sure don't want my money going to the poors, I can't blame them for not wanting to do it either." Of course he says this not realizing he is one of the poors to them, and his quality of life is largely possible due to the tax burden that the wealthy carry.

You are being watched.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2017, 16:56 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 13:22:
There is now no nominee for Drug Czar, DEA Administrator or Health and Human Services Secretary.
Its unfair to judge a president on his first 300 days.

Who knew that being President would be so difficult?

You are being watched.

5170 Comments. 259 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo