Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5722 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 5, 2018, 00:27 NKD

It's sad that I can't say with certainty "John McAfee would be a worse POTUS than the current one."

I mean, it's possible. But far from a guarantee.

"Broke their brown backs chasing Mr. White's dream,
that Bill of Rights was just a pyramid scheme."
- Nunca David Hidalgo & Los Refugio Tiernos
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 3, 2018, 19:21 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2018, 18:48:
Came here for the deep intellectual discussion about Avatar. Am disappoint.

I'd love to oblige you but that movie is about as memorable as a stale Saltine cracker. I remember pretty much nothing.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Uncle Sam wants you to join the United States Digital Service Jun 3, 2018, 17:59 NKD

Not all women can be chained up in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant (with the mailmans kid), dude.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2018, 10:57 NKD

Anyone catch last nights Expanse? Most intense hour of television I've seen in a while.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2018, 16:35 NKD

chickenboo wrote on May 29, 2018, 12:34:
PHJF wrote on May 29, 2018, 12:06:
Of all the bugs, the one that sets off my GF is... the moth. We have a couple of spiders around the apartment that get mostly free reign.

moths are completely utterly harmless. does she find the fluttering unsettling?

I've always thought moths were kinda gross, but moths have like no ability to do anything. The only annoyance from moths is their larva who like to eat random shit like your clothes. But usually you're just talking about a random ass moth that strayed into the house, and their larva aren't even there.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $27,000 Bundle?
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 28, 2018, 12:53 NKD

lol  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
12. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 27, 2018, 01:03 NKD

Yeah this wasn't just a braindead decision by Syfy. They just had a bad financial situation that rigged the dice in favor of cancellation. Not much choice. No trouble with that on Amazon, and also zero reliance on the antiquated Nielsen bullshit.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 26, 2018, 16:08 NKD

Woo thanks Jeff Bezos!  

News Comments > Into the Black
30. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 20:02 NKD

bigspender wrote on May 25, 2018, 19:14:
NKD wrote on May 25, 2018, 07:52:
bigspender wrote on May 25, 2018, 07:26:

I tried to get this info over to him on several ways as did many people, but it would always get downvoted or banned and people call it pseudoscience, despite it being from the best cancer research organisation in the world, and parroted by the W.H.O. but apparently bacon puts people in a lot of denial.

The problem here is that your central claim, that diet can keep cancer from killing you after you've already been diagnosed, ISN'T supported by your link to the WCRF.

And this is exactly the kind of response I'm talking about. I post some information, and people instead of looking into it further, instead immediately try to pick it apart to dismiss it on any technicality.

You're basically saying you CBF reading more than the first link, so therefore it's fine to keep consuming carcinogens. Brilliant.

That's not what I said at all, not even close. How could I not have read more than the first link when I specifically commented on the guy behind the second link? Secondly, I didn't recommend consuming carcinogens, and you know it. Stop being a fucking idiot please. If you want to know why no one wants to listen to you, that's it.

21. Re: Into the Black May 25, 2018, 07:52 NKD

bigspender wrote on May 25, 2018, 07:26:

I tried to get this info over to him on several ways as did many people, but it would always get downvoted or banned and people call it pseudoscience, despite it being from the best cancer research organisation in the world, and parroted by the W.H.O. but apparently bacon puts people in a lot of denial.

The problem here is that your central claim, that diet can keep cancer from killing you after you've already been diagnosed, ISN'T supported by your link to the WCRF. Your video link is what you actually provided to support your claim: some dude named McDougall shilling a diet program who thinks cancer screenings are a scam and as far as I can tell, generally rejects medical science.

Get screenings and reduce risk factors, particularly for cancers that you know tend to crop up in your family. If diagnosed, listen to your Oncologist. That's really all there is to it.

8. Re: Into the Black May 24, 2018, 22:55 NKD

Man, so young. I had always thought he was older than that, closer to my age. This hits me hard. I relied on him for a long time as a really good indicator of whether I'd like a game or not. I don't think he ever praised a game that I tried and ended up not finding fun.

Always saddens me when someone goes so young, especially a content maker who had their best years ahead of them and so much to give to the community.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
20. Re: Morning Metaverse May 24, 2018, 09:05 NKD

Also for anyone who hasnt watched last nights Expanse yet. Do it. Shit gets really really real.  

17. Re: Morning Metaverse May 23, 2018, 23:40 NKD

afka Rossini wrote on May 23, 2018, 18:45:
Even if it doesn't get revived it's still worth watching. According to those who read the books, last weeks episode S306 just about wrapped up the second book. I haven't read the books but I thought it would have actually been a very satisfying series conclusion. Plus the books are out there, so one way or another, we're able to finish the story.

Yeah, unlike some authors, these guys actually know how to manage their time and write books.

9. Re: Morning Metaverse May 23, 2018, 17:19 NKD

Wooo The Expanse. Some of the best scifi on TV in years and years.  

23. Re: Morning Metaverse May 22, 2018, 22:32 NKD

eRe4s3r wrote on May 22, 2018, 20:54:
"less state" aka, "less system" is not a fascist demand, it's a conservative demand. Someone like Trump and the Republicans are literally the anti-christ to fascists. Especially Trump, who doesn't put a system above the individual, he puts *himself* above the system and the nation.

All I am really saying is, don't call something fascism when it ain't.

Modern GOP has jack shit to do with "less state" IMHO. They just want less regulation and more immunity for corporate malfeasance so they can make more money. Their goal is to have an industry insider in charge of every regulatory body essentially acting as regulatory capture.

I agree that the GOP are not fascists though. They glommed on to this populist shit of Trump's merely for opportunistic reasons. I think they are more accurately described as Theocrats. They are way too cozy with the Evangelicals and if they had their way our country would be a disgusting mix of corporate greed and religious hypocrisy, even more so than it already is.

Trump himself would be a fascist, if the system allowed for it. He relies heavily on nationalism and imaginary bogeymen.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 22, 2018, 22:22 NKD

Trump's tweeting is great. Can't say "Fake News" when his idiocy is on display for everyone to see on his official Twitter account. Straight from the horse's ass.  

18. Re: Morning Metaverse May 22, 2018, 17:28 NKD

Icewind wrote on May 22, 2018, 16:22:

So, when are you guys leaving the union? Hope it's soon. We can count those electoral votes out in 2020.

Washington and Oregon will be going with. Enjoy living in Jesusland.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 21, 2018, 21:29 NKD

Couldn't have said it better Mordecai. They've eroded away the very idea of truth bit by bit. Just a subtle enough change that people can go "It's always been this way." and feel correct. To actually compare, you have to go back further than society's short term memory allows.

People don't care that the truth no longer matters because they think it never mattered. That's not the case. It's been slowly taken away from us over decades.

Now you have a guy as POTUS who lies constantly, publicly, and verifiably. With a huge public record of lies and sleazy behavior. At the same time you have 33% of the country who worship him and take his word as gospel and can never be convinced of anything negative about him. The scary part is that it's not just their distrust of the media. They have access to Trump's unfettered Twitter garbage, and can see that he's a lying piece of shit for themselves, with no spin or propaganda. And they still can't see it.

In the past, we assumed that a truly unqualified and disgusting candidate wouldn't be able to get the support of either the Republican or Democratic base. After all, very minor gaffes have sunk candidates before. But Trump called the bluff, and showed us that the answer isn't to be careful, it's to be as reckless, extreme, and offensive as possible so no one can keep up.

So now that we realize that, we have a new level of partisanship where there is no nominee too extreme to get elected. There is no limit. Whether or country lives or dies depends entirely on whether this trend can be reversed, or if we're on a Slip n Slide to the depths.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 21, 2018, 18:41 NKD

It will probably be a lot better than The Apprentice and make Trump super mad. Worth it for that alone.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
18. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 20, 2018, 06:25 NKD

Agent.X7 wrote on May 20, 2018, 01:16:
I so want to listen to your opinion after you imply I am a horrible person.

No I don't.

What opinion could I give you that you'd give a shit about? Gun owners in this country have proven that they aren't willing to cede a single inch. Any new legislation that would do any good is shut down by NRA lobbying.

This whole "You are being mean to me, so that's why I'm not listening!" shit is so fucking old. It's the other way around, IU'm being mean to you because being nice failed.

You say that it's "rhetoric" that you like having children die. Is it? What do you call it when kids are dying and you just chalk it up as the cost of being able to go shoot paper targets at the range?

That's the bottom line in this argument. There is something that can be done to save lives, and you and your NRA buddies are not willing to do it. That puts the blood on your hands. You are a murderer.

5722 Comments. 287 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo