Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 4917 (Master)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt?
22. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt? Jul 1, 2017, 15:19 NKD

Have to echo Fion. Don't go out of your way to do the tasks. They aren't needed and few have any story. You can just clear an enemy encampment and get more XP than the task would be worth.

You can also get away without spending much effort crafting. Just a Rank 2 weapon will suffice, and you only need to replace it with a higher rank every so often. When you disassemble it you get all your augments back to put in the next one. No need to actually craft every rank of it, though.

Like ARs? Valkyrie with Automatic Fire augment.
Like SMGs/Pistols? Hornet with Automatic Fire Augment. Ushior if you like a serious hand cannon.
Like shotguns? Dhan with Auto Fire Aug, or Hesh with Auto Fire Augment and Seeking Plasma System.
Like sniper rifles? I'd forgo a fire system augmentation and just get yourself a Black Widow or Isharay.

You can also install Bio-Converter to refill your clip from your HP when it runs out without a reload time. Combine with Cora's rank 6 heal on Shield Boost and/or Life Support in the Tech tree and a tech ability to trigger it.

You can get away with vendor armor.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2017, 13:18 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 1, 2017, 12:38:
Fuckface Von Clownstick thinks if climate change data is not there then it's not real.

How Can Climate Change Be Real If Our President Isn't Real?

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2017, 21:05 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 20:01:
The U.S. government is removing scientific data from the internet.
Its got to go if it's too hard for drumpf to understand.

Trying to bury the scientific evidence on climate change so that they can continue to pretend it's not real right up until the time Mar-a-Lago is underwater.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt?
1. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda DLC and Sequel in Doubt? Jun 30, 2017, 18:01 NKD

Yeah it didn't seem likely that we'd get a sequel or even any DLC after they removed all but a minor patch crew from the game. It's too bad. Definitely going to be more careful in the future about buying Bioware games. Maybe wait for big sales and only get them if they give the stories proper conclusion. Clearly they are less interested in post release support for titles than other major studios.

A good comparison might be Watch Dogs 2. Great game, but sold poorly compared to its predecessor. But Ubisoft has kept working on it.

You don't really get any loyalty by cutting your games loose, and you hurt the sales of your next title.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
7. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 30, 2017, 13:08 NKD

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 12:10:

Fair enough. One of them is legit a celebrity, the other is only barely less than Anita - who is only a celebrity amongst people who hate her.

I honestly don't think anyone else pays much attention.

I saw that Sargon guy on Joe Rogan the other day, I was like really why is there a Twitter troll on Rogan. Anyway he started on this rant about Anita Sarkeesian and after about 15 minutes I shut it off. Dude is legit obsessed.

Evidently he went on like that for over an hour.

5. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 30, 2017, 12:00 NKD

Beamer wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 10:48:

I don't get why people pretend those are the only victims.

Oh the internet is full of professional victims cashing in on Patreon and people "famous for being harassed." Anita Sarkeesian is far from the only one. But your examples, while both individuals are certainly shitheads and whiny babies, are people who were already well known prior to either of those things.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2017, 11:54 NKD

Ah man Stomped, I haven't thought about that site in a long time. Shut down like 15 years ago or so right? Sheesh where does the time go.

Rest in peace bud...

3. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 30, 2017, 04:01 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 30, 2017, 01:39:
I try not to listen to evangelist's, or professional victims.

If I had known a few years ago how lucrative being a victim was I would have made some glorious hoax about how I was being hunted down by militant Gamergaters with machetes.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 29, 2017, 23:40 NKD

Heh I didn't even bother with a refund, re-sold my ship package for a profit once things started to look grim and never looked back. It's nice being able to say not only did I not get taken for a ride by these guys, I actually made money off their little virtual ship scam.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
38. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2017, 23:23 NKD

Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 23:20:
Funny, but the list of "libertarian government genocides" doesn't return many results.

Might that have something to do with the list of "Libertarian governments" in general being comprised of exactly zero entries? There's never been a libertarian free market. Even the freest markets are heavily regulated and have all kinds of contingencies, and the citizens are still heavily taxed.

The US is about as close as it gets and last I checked our government loves doing a lot of shady awful shit in foreign countries in order to enrich the Military Industrial Complex.

As to the guillotine, I'd rather have that than die slowly to disease because my class isn't allowed healthcare, or to go inside the city walls.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Gets Party Mode Next Week
2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Gets Party Mode Next Week Jun 29, 2017, 22:15 NKD

I need to get back into this, I never beat the single player because I spent a stupid amount of time fucking with people in multiplayer.  

29. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2017, 20:38 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 20:22:

That's a whole lotta angry white boy syndrome right there.
I wish everything revolved around my failed life experiences.

I see Cutter is a small-business-masturbating Libertarian today. I wonder if he'll be back to hardcore Communist tomorrow.

24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2017, 20:05 NKD

MeanJim wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 19:49:

FFS there are a lot of cold, heartless people here.

We have a small population of eToughGuy Libertarians here, most of whom wouldn't last a day if left naked in a garbage dump and forced to "lift themselves up by their bootstraps" in a Libertarian system.

Of course you have to lack any kind of human empathy to be a Libertarian to begin with, so it's not surprising.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 29, 2017, 18:19 NKD

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 15:45:
I just saw a poll yesterday reporting that among people who voted for Trump, 91% believe he is doing a good job as President. Which is fairly insane because I guarantee you, if the GOP health care bill passes, it will hurt more than 9% of the Trump voters.

Some of that is probably just hardline loyalty to anyone who has an (R) after their name, the rest probably just afraid to admit they got conned by the world's most obvious conman. Maybe when their healthcare is taken away they'll change their minds, but honestly they'll probably just do some mental gymnastics and blame the Democrats.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 29, 2017, 18:06 NKD

In Police Stories shooting first is not an option.

Unrealistic. Fuck this game. If I can't murder unarmed virtual civilians and then get acquitted in a virtual court of law, there's no point in even pretending to be a cop.

If they add civil asset forfeiture where I can just take everyones shit just because I don't like the look of them, maybe I'll try it. Or they could make it Municipal Budget Simulator 2017 and I could issue a bunch of bullshit tickets designed to make the city money.

But in all honesty this does look pretty fun...

4. removed Jun 29, 2017, 10:45 NKD

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 29, 2017, 19:46.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 29, 2017, 04:09 NKD

Expecting Trump to use Google? Too far man!

Read an article today that evidently Trump has no clue what the fuck is going on during the health care discussions and keeps conflating Medicaid and Medicare.

jdreyer wrote on Jun 29, 2017, 03:41:

Also, not a good idea to take undeserving swipes at Bezos. He owns the Washington Post.

That's why he was doing it. Someones newspaper writes unflattering story about you? Threaten to raise their taxes. It's weird to think that there was a time when that kind of behavior would have been shockingly inappropriate. Worst part of Trump isn't Trump, but the fact that he's dropped the bar so low that I'll probably never see another competent President in my lifetime.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 29, 2017, 00:33 NKD

On that YouTube stunt, I'm not sure what they expect to accomplish by jailing a pregnant widow. Yeah, she's fucking retarded, but her dead boyfriend goaded her into it so he obviously wasn't winning any IQ tests either.

Simon Says wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 21:16:
That supreme court ruling potentially opens the door to massive abuse... :/

Yeah that's some serious bullshit. I hope Google ignores the ruling.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2017, 11:23 NKD

I mean the Optane shit is cool, but my SSDs are already faster than they need to be to max out any typical desktop workload. The real world improvements on faster drives are small in desktop land.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2017, 11:05 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 10:30:
NKD wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 09:52:
Played that Spinz game for a bit. Of course I named my spinner Donald J. Trump and after some early success imploded into failure. I suck at these "pick up the shit" games.
Did you make and frame a fake Time cover for your donny?

#FAKENEWS

Did you see the latest thing with CNN? The people who did the slimy hit job on Shirley Sherrod, and also those ACORN videos, did an 'undercover' video where they got some health producer at CNN to admit they focus on the Russia story for ratings. So the Trumpers are all like, "I KNEW IT. FAKE NEWS!"

Even the heavily edited video doesn't actually have the guy admitting they faked anything, but that's beside the point I guess.

Don't me wrong, cable news is garbage, but the video doesn't actually tell us anything we didn't already know.

4917 Comments. 246 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo