Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5801 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2018, 03:37 NKD

It's also telling that all you have to do for him to go "LEL XD TRIGGERED" is voice literally any dissent about Trump, or tell a Trump joke. There is no level of criticism small enough to be below his threshold for what is an over-reaction.  

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 20, 2018, 23:03 NKD

Quboid wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 22:45:
Beamer wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 22:39:
Read the news [or] keep your uninformed opinions to yourself. And you can't whine I'm insulting you when you admit to being uninformed and just happy because others aren't.

Right. I can't be bothered finding a link for this guy, I'm just here to laugh at him. Either he's actively a Trump supporter or he genuinely believes he's in any way independent, in which case holy hell is Trump owning his arse and he doesn't even realise it.

Ventry caught syphilis or something from a koala and hasn't been the same since. Just some ozzie fucktard who only supports Trump because he doesn't have to deal with the consequences because he's a million miles away in a penal colony.

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 20, 2018, 21:36 NKD

ventry wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 21:07:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 18:53:
One good thing about twitter banning accounts is that sooner or later they'll pull the dotards dance dunce? card.

There he goes again Beamer. *darth Vader voice* The Trump Derangement Syndrome is strong with this one. */darth Vader voice*
My statement is valid and stands:
Almost 2 years and still...
#TRIGGERED Rolleyes2 Laugh Laugh Laugh Rolleyes2

nOt LiKiNg TrUmP iS a DiSoRdEr!!!11111oneoneleventy

News Comments > DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Trailer
6. Re: DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Trailer Aug 20, 2018, 18:57 NKD

Prez wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 12:36:
...and they say the pair will be on display in Cologne this week...

Blue, don't you mean "both of their pairs" will be on display? I mean this IS Dead or Alive we're talking about here...

Unfortunately this is the new modest DOA. They are pandering to prudes to try and increase sales because the last game didn't do too well.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 20, 2018, 18:54 NKD

Glow is really fuckin good.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
10. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 20, 2018, 03:59 NKD

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 20, 2018, 00:16:
Slashman wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 23:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 23:32:
Can I just point out how god awful annoying IGN website is nowadays? 3 auto-playing videos. +1 to the left that autoplays no matter what, moving shit to the left when you scroll down, and took 6 in-depth content blocks to get rid off...

What the hell is wrong with web designers nowadays?

Makes me appreciate blues all the more

PSSSST! That's what Adblock is for!

The auto playing content on sites is sadly a HTML5 "feature" with little contro, either full or nothing. And if you set it to block then youtube and twitch stop working...

I don't know what browser you use, but I know in Chrome there's some policy you can set to not autoplay HTML5 video.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
42. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 19, 2018, 12:19 NKD

djinn wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 08:47:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 08:32:
snip

This isn't about whether you believe Trump saying the crowds were the biggest ever. That wasn't my point. If you look with your own eyes, like the Slate article suggests, you will see for yourself the obvious misleading image cnn chose to present the lie. The only reason people don't see it is pure confirmation bias.

No, I don't worship Trump.

[edit] Also, that Slate article is full of emotional hooks and reads more like a teenagers blog. Nowhere near close to being considered professional reporting.

Hey bud. Here is a time lapse of the entire inauguration, from everyone showing up to everyone leaving. At no point are there more people than depicted in the image CNN used. If they are using an image of peak attendance, it's very hard to accuse them of any bias in image choice.

28. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 19, 2018, 04:24 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2018, 04:00:
Red886 wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 23:47:
Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 19:50:
If by conservative voices you mean hate mongers and outright fucking Nazis, then yes. And deservedly fucking so.

Fuck you and your ilk for wanting to bring back goddamned fascism.

so like Antifa (violence and harassment against any speech they deem unworthy = classic fascist behavior) & BLM (violent rhetoric against police enforcement personnel by coopting racial identity politics ).

Let's count the violence in the US, shall we?

Deaths by:
Right wing extremism: 71%
Left wing extremism: 26%
Muslim extremism: 3%

Deaths caused by Antifa: 0.
Deaths caused by BLM: 0.

Yeah dude but you're not counting broken windows and burning trash bins, those are equivalent to at least 5 bodies each.

25. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 19, 2018, 00:10 NKD

Red886 wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 23:47:
Creston wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 19:50:
If by conservative voices you mean hate mongers and outright fucking Nazis, then yes. And deservedly fucking so.

Fuck you and your ilk for wanting to bring back goddamned fascism.

so like Antifa (violence and harassment against any speech they deem unworthy = classic fascist behavior) & BLM (violent rhetoric against police enforcement personnel by coopting racial identity politics ).

I think you need to freshen up on what fascism is. Anarchists like Antifa cannot also be fascists. Anarchy is in fact precisely the opposite of fascism.

22. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 22:14 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 21:11:
Julian Delphiki wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 17:33:
The best option would be to eliminate term limits, ...

What The Actual Fuck
If anything we need more.

There are a lot of pros and cons to term limits for certain offices. I think that the Presidency should be limited to a single 6 year term though. Enough time to get major projects done, and the ability to tell your base to fuck off when they are being ridiculous because they can't threaten to not re-elect you. Two terms is awkward because it's only 8 years, as opposed to the decades congresspeople can potentially get, but there's still the burden of re-election to consider.

But for congress I'm more skeptical about term limits. Our political system is complicated and there's a lot for a new congress critter to learn. They aren't going to have a lot of contacts or political juice. It could create a revolving door of unqualified hacks who show up, take a few paychecks for voting a certain way, then go back to the private sector. Keeping the threat of re-election looming over the head of congresspeople is more important, I think, because they are representing a particular group of people with certain interests. In a way they SHOULD be pandering to what their base wants.

It's different for POTUS. The President is supposed to be working for all of us, so a situation where they are forced to pander to their base, no matter how crazy they get, is not very good.

17. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 17:56 NKD

Julian Delphiki wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 17:47:
Thank you for the conversation, it's great to finally read something from a person who isn't part of the problem I've described!

Any time bud. 80% of my problem with Trump is his egregious personal behavior, which is certainly an extreme outlier from other POTUS or candidates for POTUS. 10% is the unqualified sell-outs he appointed to positions. And the other 10% is his amplification and normalization of fringe voices like Alex Jones. I disagree with conservative policy very strongly as I am very far left and you'll never see me voting for a Republican again I'm fairly certain, but I really doubt whether any future Republican candidate will cause me to get sick to my stomach in the way Trump does.

He's an outlier in so many ways, and I hope it stays that way.

15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 17:35 NKD

Julian Delphiki wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 17:27:
How many times have you heard someone label a conservative as a Nazi since Trump was elected? How many times did you hear it when Bush was in office? It's a safe bet that the first number is much larger than the last.

Oh absolutely. But Bush didn't run on a populist anti-immigration platform, pander to ethnonationalists, or say any of the things Trump says. While there are definitely people who overreact to things, let's not normalize everything Trump does by just pretending every Republican is going to get the same treatment.

I'm a very outspoken Trump critic, but only a small amount of what I say would apply to a Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney or even a Ted "Zodiac Killer" Cruz.

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 17:25 NKD

Julian Delphiki wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 17:20:
Rilcon wrote on Aug 18, 2018, 16:42:
Berated "conservatives" could do what their precious ethos demands, start a new social media platform and compete on the free and open market without all the evil regulations.

Sarcasm aside, competition only works in an environment where there is not a monopoly on the service being challenged. Since there is no regulation on this form of communication at this point in time, there is no way for any new company to actually gain meaningful ground. I'm quite surprised that the government that shut down AT&T and forced it to split up decades ago has allowed a new form of communication that is even more influential to grow unchecked to where it is today. Imagine, for example, that in the 1980s/90s AT&T told some group of people that they were not going to allow them to make calls anymore because the company didn't agree with what they were saying on those calls. It's an equivalent analogy to what is happening now and without any kind of regulation on that form of communication it stifles opposing views and fosters indoctrination.

I'm not seeing much of a push to break up monopolies coming from the conservatives. Conservatives were pushing for the Tribune/Sinclair merger, because that monopoly would have worked in their favor.

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 17:18 NKD

These "Conservative voices" wouldn't even have a voice if it weren't for social media amplifying their bullshit. Fake ass conservative propaganda floating around Facebook alone probably causes a ton of problems.

Prior to the social media era, these people wouldn't have found anywhere to put their shit that anyone would see it. Complaining about being "censored" by social media when in fact they are the ones responsible for your success, seems really fucking bizarre. Yeah, they are going to draw some lines somewhere, but they are still giving way more of a voice to fringe lunatics than they would have otherwise.

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 18, 2018, 03:10 NKD

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 22:16:

The beginning of the end of Netflix then

I remember people saying this back when it was a DVD by mail business. And then again when they raised their prices. And then again when they had an original series that didn't hit it out of the park. When does the beginning of the end end and the middle of the end begin?

News Comments > GTA Online Cheat Injunction
3. Re: GTA Online Cheat Injunction Aug 17, 2018, 20:25 NKD

Cheap out and make multiplayer P2P and then sue people who exploit that. Why not just spend money on servers instead of lawyers?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2018, 21:48 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 19:15:
NKD wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 18:05:
I'm sure that Jared Kushner, who Trump put in charge of solving the opioid crisis, will have this fixed very soon.
Will he do this from his jail cell or does he qualify for work release?

Good question. I guess it depends on whether saying you're doing something and then not doing anything at all qualifies as work.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 16, 2018, 18:05 NKD

I'm sure that Jared Kushner, who Trump put in charge of solving the opioid crisis, will have this fixed very soon.  

News Comments > IGN Removes Fired Writer's Work
14. Re: Re: IGN Removes Fired Writer's Work Aug 16, 2018, 02:12 NKD

Kxmode wrote on Aug 16, 2018, 01:04:
Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 21:33:
I'm tempted to grab a random assortment of IGN reviews from different authors to see if they contain plagiarized material. There are plenty of services that offer sophisticated plagiarism search engines. If true, this may reveal that Filip Miucin isn't an isolated incident but instead is part of a "cabal" at IGN where a large percentage of staff or the entire organization is engaged in this kind of nonsense. Wouldn't that be something?

I spent the last hour and change scanning a range of IGN Switch, PC, and PS4 reviews for plagiarism and other than some random sites copying the content (with a source mention), all of them are original and not plagiarized. I can't speak to ALL of IGN, but it does appear that content originality is the rule and not the exception. Filip was an anomaly. Going forward, IGN is likely to increase their vetting process, and think twice about hiring a random Youtube personality to author content for their service. At the very least, ensure the content on their Youtube channel is original.

The problem is that in many cases they plagiarize a Youtuber's words and put them in a text review. There's not a way IGN can vet this on their end because obviously they don't have a transcript of every gaming Youtube video ever created. Similarly, a plagiarism search engine isn't going to find it either.

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
14. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 15, 2018, 22:54 NKD

Put Chris Roberts in Gitmo  

5801 Comments. 291 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo