Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 4904 (Master)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2017, 22:16 NKD

RIP Roy. He was the voice of the ASOIAF audiobooks, as well. George RR Martin took so damn long his audiobook guy died of old age.  

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
49. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 19:04 NKD

If at any point in your life you find yourself looking at YouTube comments to try to find a positive spin on something, you've gone off the rails.  

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

21. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 12:37 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:22:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:16:

Knowing your love of space sims and the X series, it would not surprise me at all if it was legit

If you ignore that the pictures of the pretty spaceships are just screenshots I made in various X games, then yes.

That still makes them more real and useful than most of the ships in this game.

11. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 11:34 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:05:
Chris Roberts Synergy Buzzwords Seminar 2.4

Shut up and take my money.

6. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 10:53 NKD

I am incredibly shocked by this turn of events.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2017, 00:36 NKD

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 22:38:
We have a bunch of self entitled people who want instant results, instant no pain, who have a small problem and go whine to doctors

This may come as a shock, but many people have pain that can't be addressed by taking Ibuprofen, and will never go away on its own..

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2017, 21:53 NKD

bigspender wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 19:47:

There are all kinds of things that help in the early stages of RA. Its a few decades too late for that. There's nothing that regrows and repairs your joints other than having them replaced. If I were to come down with RA today myself, I wouldn't even worry about it with what we know and the treatments available that slow down the progress of the disease to essentially a halt. But once the damage is done, it's done.

You're saying that you'd rather eat poison and then take a treatment, instead of just not eating the poison....

This just blows my mind.

Are people really so hooked on dairy, that they'd rather spend $$$ on toxic drugs that destroy your liver etc, instead of simply swapping out dairy for any one of the thousands of plant-based milks and cheeses?

Not even for a week to see how it goes? I don't like telling anyone how to live, but common man it's your mother *shrugs*

I can't remember if it's in the video I linked, but it's just like Cutter says, once the inflammation stops, your body is able to recover and reverse the joint damage.

I think you misunderstand. I am including dietary changes and what-not that we weren't aware of when my mother was diagnosed.

But regarding inflammation, stage IV rheumatoid arthritis is characterized by the inflammation process ceasing. The affected joints essentially reach a maximum deterioration and you effectively lose the use of them. And no, your body can't recover joint cartilage on its own, regardless of what homeopathic remedy you take. There is simply no physical mechanism by which the body can regenerate that tissue.

I think I've just done a poor job relating how advanced my mother's condition is. As you can imagine, after having a disease like RA for decades you've pretty much run out of novel things to try.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2017, 22:05.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2017, 18:59 NKD

bigspender wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 17:52:
NKD wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 17:05:
My mother is a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer, and has been since she was in her early 20s. At her current age, the RA has done basically all the damage it can do to her joints, and the only avenues left are pain management and joint replacements. She's been on oxycodone for a long, long time. She takes a lot, but she hasn't upped her dose in years.

Every few months she calls me with some new horror story about how junkies are making it harder for her to get her prescriptions filled, or some new hoop she has to jump through. It took her YEARS to get in with a different primary care doctor (she hated her then-current one because he was a prick) because almost none of them were comfortable taking on a patient who needed a lot of opioid pain meds.

Granted, she is an outlier. Most people get RA later in life and kick it from old age long before they suffer as much damage as she has. She's still got quite a few years left, hopefully, and the oxycodone is the only thing that keeps her functioning.

My point is, junkies gonna junk. Don't ruin things for people who have legitimate pain management needs just to try and stick it to big pharma. There are very few options for severe chronic pain, and all of them are abusable by junkies. Doctors should not be made to feel they are risking their license or that they are going to get in trouble for correctly handling someones legitimate pain needs.

Hey dude, I was reading about RA recently, and it seems like most people are able to completely eliminate the symptoms by eliminating a couple of ingredients from their diet (it's not 'cured' but the pain and joint destruction goes away, so there is no need for drugs).

I know it sounds like homeopathy, but it's very well documented in a good medical journals. It might be worth asking your mother to try it for a week, as it seems to improve that fast :-) (obviously in conjunction with her doctor)

Check this out: https://youtu.be/pAxygdQbY34

There are all kinds of things that help in the early stages of RA. Its a few decades too late for that. There's nothing that regrows and repairs your joints other than having them replaced. If I were to come down with RA today myself, I wouldn't even worry about it with what we know and the treatments available that slow down the progress of the disease to essentially a halt. But once the damage is done, it's done.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2017, 17:05 NKD

My mother is a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer, and has been since she was in her early 20s. At her current age, the RA has done basically all the damage it can do to her joints, and the only avenues left are pain management and joint replacements. She's been on oxycodone for a long, long time. She takes a lot, but she hasn't upped her dose in years.

Every few months she calls me with some new horror story about how junkies are making it harder for her to get her prescriptions filled, or some new hoop she has to jump through. It took her YEARS to get in with a different primary care doctor (she hated her then-current one because he was a prick) because almost none of them were comfortable taking on a patient who needed a lot of opioid pain meds.

Granted, she is an outlier. Most people get RA later in life and kick it from old age long before they suffer as much damage as she has. She's still got quite a few years left, hopefully, and the oxycodone is the only thing that keeps her functioning.

My point is, junkies gonna junk. Don't ruin things for people who have legitimate pain management needs just to try and stick it to big pharma. There are very few options for severe chronic pain, and all of them are abusable by junkies. Doctors should not be made to feel they are risking their license or that they are going to get in trouble for correctly handling someones legitimate pain needs.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2017, 16:52 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 15:25:
In China, Blizzard Is Suing Over Alleged Overwatch Rip Off.

Not sure what Chinese law is, but in the US, I'm not sure this would be actionable, unless they were using actual Blizzard names and assets.

I am not a lawyer, only a law school drop out, but in the US they could get nailed due to the "substantial similarity" standard in copyright law. But it depends how the court decides to compare the two works. There are also potential issues relating to trade dress.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 15, 2017, 16:40 NKD

It's really disturbing to me how everyone apparently knew what Weinstein was doing, but they only care to do something about it once everyone else starts doing something.

Similar to Cosby, Saville, etc. everyone knew, but somehow no one knew.

I guess if you put peoples careers, reputations and livelihoods on the line, the number of people who can know about something without it widespread public knowledge can get pretty high before the conspiracy of silence unravels.

EDIT: Also one weird trick for avoiding Nazis on Twitter: Don't follow Trumpers, Bannonites, and Spencerians.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: CitizenCon 2947 Oct 15, 2017, 03:09 NKD

El Pit wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 03:01:
The title of this ritual sect meeting includes the most realistic release date of the gold master.

Yeah planning a get together for the year 2947 honestly sounds like some shit Christ Roberts would do.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 15, 2017, 03:07 NKD

Tesla seems like a brutal place to work.  

News Comments > Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play?
15. Re: Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play? Oct 14, 2017, 19:25 NKD

I got a friend who is a manager at a Burger King, maybe I should have Cliffry B give him a call. Sounds like he'll be looking for a burger flipping job soon.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 14, 2017, 18:37 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 14, 2017, 09:35:
Senators, god love em.
After every mass shooting the NRA pays them to tweet "thoughts and prayers", while doing fuck-all about the root cause. They're just awesome.

We can't put it all on them. Senators can only ignore problems as long as Americans decide the problems aren't important. Polls saying Americans support certain gun regulations are meaningless if the congresscritters know everyone is a single issue voter on abortion or whatever.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 14, 2017, 00:26 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 23:17:
Creston wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 11:06:
Thanks Twitter.

Twitter’s briefing to the Senate intelligence committee Sept. 28 infuriated its ranking Democrat, Sen. Mark Warner, who said the company failed to grasp the seriousness of the congressional investigation

Lol. They grasp it just fine, Senate critter. They just don't give a shit, because for all your grandstanding, you never DO anything to companies that flatout tell you to go fuck yourself.
Hey, hey, hey now. Senators do a lot to corporations. They send Sternly Worded Letters, for example.

They express how "deeply concerned" they are, right before they vote for the thing they are concerned about.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 13, 2017, 23:57 NKD

IGN ffs  

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Season Pass Details
1. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Season Pass Details Oct 13, 2017, 20:44 NKD

Going to admit this...

...I just now got the pun in the game's title, after seeing it posted here a bunch of times.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 20:42 NKD

Adolf Twitler would have his ass if he said anything.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
22. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 13, 2017, 19:05 NKD

Verno wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 14:59:
They certainly...failed into controlling all three major legislative branches of government

There's only one Legislative branch... the other two are the Executive and Judicial branches... I'm failing you and sending you back a grade. Sorry.

4904 Comments. 246 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo