Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5168 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 19:53 NKD

VoodooV wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 19:21:

Yeah, I know. Won't happen in my lifetime, but a guy can dream.

The only hope for any of that is probably when the US eventually collapses. I'm not just being pessimistic, no nation lasts forever. When it does happen, whenever that is, hopefully whoever puts the pieces back together has a bit of hindsight.

You are being watched.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 18:31 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 1, 2017, 13:36:
Why not give China and Russia the admin login and password, it would simplify things in the long run.

Russia already has the admin login now. Username: pussygrabber Password: believeme123

You are being watched.

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2017, 18:29 NKD

I always thought it would be cool if they did a hybrid paper/electronic voting system. Paper ballots are still collected, but they are scanned on-site and the results uploaded. If the results seem hinky (i.e. vary from the exit polls too much) or things are very close, they can do a recount on the paper ballots.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
41. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2017, 23:55 NKD

All those words and screenspace used up for the Lesser Manning? Sheesh.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Star Citizen Land Rush
25. Re: Star Citizen Land Rush Nov 29, 2017, 13:41 NKD

Up next: Selling virtual bridges.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Nov 28, 2017, 20:11 NKD

There has been so much outrage about this NN repeal for so long, and yet the FCC and Trump administration in general have no interest in listening to what the people want.

It's a really plain and easily understood example of the government simply not giving a fuck what the people want. But what's worse is that no one gives a fuck that they don't give a fuck. They will yell and scream, but when their yelling and screaming is ignored, they fall silent and do nothing.

There needs to be extremely dire consequences for politicians who actively disregard the will of the people.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 19:50 NKD

Somehow I doubt EA is too worried. If you look at how their stock has been performing for the last 1 year, or last 5 years, this is barely a blip.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 27, 2017, 22:40 NKD

Fox News broadcasts from the Mirror Universe where Hillary Clinton is President and Jimmy Carter is dead, while Ronald Reagan is alive.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 27, 2017, 22:30 NKD

Maybe his kids will learn a lesson that if you're a colossal douchebag, your sins will be visited upon your children, and will in turn not turn out to be douchebags.

But that's probably just too much to hope for.

You are being watched.

News Comments > National Committee for Games Policy Takes on Loot Crates
7. Re: National Committee for Games Policy Takes on Loot Crates Nov 27, 2017, 16:49 NKD

Nobody of significance or consequence in their list. Looks like a scam of some kind.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 27, 2017, 05:44 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 04:53:
NKD wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 21:23:
After Mueller has him drawn and quartered, I'll almost miss the easy fodder the DOTUS gives us to laugh at.

Everytime this idiot opens his Twitter app I'm like "Dubya must be so glad this guy came along." He looks like a fucking saint, genius, and world class philanthropist in comparison to Trump.

Mueller needs to nail Pence as well, or we'll be in a worse situation.

Is there a worse position than an emotionally unstable manchild with the Big Red Button?

You are being watched.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Nov 26, 2017, 21:23 NKD

After Mueller has him drawn and quartered, I'll almost miss the easy fodder the DOTUS gives us to laugh at.

Everytime this idiot opens his Twitter app I'm like "Dubya must be so glad this guy came along." He looks like a fucking saint, genius, and world class philanthropist in comparison to Trump.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 26, 2017, 18:46 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 26, 2017, 14:35:
It's a Forbes article, I'd sooner believe quotes from the big book or derek smart.

This particular article aside, it's unfortunate that people seem to give so much credibility to these Forbes "Contributor" articles. They are just personal blogs with little or no vetting or editing.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 26, 2017, 02:20 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 25, 2017, 16:38:
SHS has never left a pie uneaten. Including fruit, cream or hair.

Or cow

You are being watched.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 24, 2017, 12:55 NKD

theglaze wrote on Nov 24, 2017, 12:06:
One of his best rants!

Yeah it was pretty funny. A bit questionable in terms of actually making any sense though...

The most confusing thing is that he seemed to think that the counter combat in previous games required more skill. It was literally just sitting there holding block and then hitting X when the icon above their head flashed.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2017, 21:58 NKD

Dacote wrote on Nov 22, 2017, 19:46:
Hell if you regulate enough stuff we might all live to be 75.

We can jail fat or dietarily unhealthy people and force them to get healthy. Speaking as a fat ass myself, that's what it would take.

I can tell you that no tax is going to get me to eat more healthy. I eat too much not because of marketing or because food tastes too good, but because I lack self-control. If some food I like to snack on gets taxed to where I'm unwilling to buy it, I'll simply find some other snack that's in my budget range. It is, of course, something I work to do less of, sometimes with more success than other times. But I've never been in a situation where a rise in food prices or certain foods not being available on the shelves led me to keep less food around the house.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 22, 2017, 20:24 NKD

"FCC explains why public support for net neutrality won’t stop repeal."

TLDR: It's because Ashit Pie is bought and paid for. Maybe I should accuse him of propositioning me for gay sex in a bathroom.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Valve Reviewing Review Reviews
8. Re: Valve Reviewing Review Reviews Nov 21, 2017, 13:36 NKD

ItBurn wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 13:04:

Statistically, the thumbs up would rate a 10/10 game and a 6/10 game the same, this is bad.

No, because the 10/10 game is going to have a higher proportion of "thumbs up" than the 6/10 game. This system works extremely well in a system where you have sample sizes in the thousands, as opposed to your example of movie reviews. The only "accuracy" you gain is a finer grain view of each individual score for the game. But when dealing with so many reviews, the individual scores don't matter, just the overall proportions. You can still view the text of the reviews if you need more detail.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
16. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2017, 03:40 NKD

Orogogus wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 03:08:
I don't really agree. I feel like Bill Clinton got a giant pass from the left for wildly inappropriate use of power. And JFK. And I think the people blowing off the first Franken accusation as trivial are full of it.

Bill Clinton scandal was 20 years ago at this point, way before social media, and nearly before the web entirely. Before the SJW purity checking came into play. And JFK was pre-Internet. Hell, pre-everyone-talking-about-politics. It was actually considered kind of rude to talk politics with people you didn't know back then.

Most of these people weren't even self-aware back when Clinton's scandals were going on, and only know about the Clintons from conservative conspiracy theories that read like a bad House of Cards fanfic.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 20, 2017, 22:15 NKD

I saw a comment on reddit (from some Trump supporter I think) that described the moral problem with the political parties something like this:

The Republicans have a Moral Hypocrisy problem, where they preach "family values", but do nothing to uphold them and will in fact overlook any misdeed if it means someone with an (R) next to their name gets in office.

The Democrats have a Moral Hypochondria problem, where they see horrific unforgiveable sins around every corner, and will not hesitate to throw one of their own to the wolves over some relatively trivial shit. All this so they can overcompensate and make a huge point of not tolerating the shit that the Republicans do, instead of just being reasonable.

This seems pretty spot-on to me. And I think it gets worse all the time. The left gets more eager to throw people under the bus when the right gets more eager to give people a free pass. It's like the worse the Republicans get, the worse the Democrats get to compensate.

Morally, the Democrat position is more defensible, but it's the politically losing position and isn't sustainable. The Democrats have to shun anyone who misbehaves, no matter how it hurts them politically, or else their base will riot. But the Republicans don't have to do the same.

You are being watched.

5168 Comments. 259 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo