Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5726 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
35. Re: Twitter will not ban InfoWars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones Aug 9, 2018, 11:24 NKD

More shit to add to the pile.

In short, Alex Jones' lawyer is pushing to get the Sandy Hooks parents addresses made public. There's no reason to do this other than to intimidate them and threaten them with the wrath of his crazy fans. If he's not interested in harassing these families, why does he care if their addresses are public?

"Broke their brown backs chasing Mr. White's dream,
that Bill of Rights was just a pyramid scheme."
- Nunca David Hidalgo & Los Refugio Tiernos
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Discord Nitro Store Beta
1. Re: Discord Nitro Store Beta Aug 9, 2018, 11:10 NKD

Sort of interesting. Not usually a fan of heavy curation for this kind of stuff but I'll look at what they put up when it goes live. Nothing to lose really since I've already got Discord up all the time.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2018, 23:27 NKD

Eirikrautha wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 18:50:
NKD wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 11:16:
I don't really recall seeing any alt-right propaganda on The Escapist? And you all know how much I love to bitch about the alt-reich.

I expect they'll settle to just save time and effort, but you never know. If they push it their comments probably won't meet the standard of libel. It's very hard to make a libel case in the United States.

True. there needs to be provable damages for legal action to be effective. But there needs to be some accountability for all of today's name-calling. Calling someone a member of the KKK could cost the person jobs and business opportunities. So they'd damn well better be a member if you're going to accuse them. The term "alt-right" has garnered the same pejorative power among today's ctrl-left and has been used to attack people's jobs and livelihood. If that person is not a "member" of this amorphous group, then the name-caller should be held accountable. And considering that "alt-right" generally means "someone I disagree with for not being as regressively left wing as I am," it seems like that would be a hard membership to prove.

That amorphous nature works against them more than for them I think. The definition of what "alt right" even is, is very fuzzy, even among those of us on the left. It would be hard to prove that a person knew you weren't alt-right when there isn't a clear definition to begin with and people are working with so many different sets of criteria. Having to prove malice AND knowledge that what they are saying wasn't true is a huge burden.

If I accuse you of being a KKK member but there's no evidence or even insinuation that you've ever attended a KKK rally or worn a ghost cosplay, it's a lot easier to make the case. If I accuse you of being an asshole, it's impossible for it to be libel because it doesn't really have a definition and could mean anything.

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 20:52:
EU courts are, if we get really nitpicky, not in any way democratically legitimized.

Interesting. I often under estimate the difference between how the US and EU are setup.

32. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2018, 23:21 NKD

Timmeh? Where are you? Get in here and take your shaming. Beamer and Flatline straight up cucked your ass.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2018, 23:17 NKD

I was under the impression you could say anything you want on Twitter and not get in trouble, up to and including credible threats of nuclear war.  

News Comments > Circle Empires Released
1. Re: Circle Empires Released Aug 8, 2018, 21:42 NKD

circle jerks.
'
Top Kek

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2018, 17:33 NKD

DangerDog wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 17:31:
I don't know how you can attribute nutters going after sandyhook victims solely at Alex Jones,

Who said anything about solely? He's simply the loudest voice pushing that garbage, not the only one.

You might feel some sort of smug satisfaction over his removal from these platforms but it seems instead of people being driven away from his rhetoric it's having the opposite effect.

I haven't seen any outpouring of mainstream support for Alex Jones. His removal has riled up the alt-right and his whackjob fanbase, but they are already turned up to 11 constantly.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2018, 17:16 NKD

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 14:23:
Cutter wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 11:13:
It was for an educational project. Is there no such thing as Fair Use in Germany?

European courts have fuck all to do with Germany... this is another absurd pro-copyright ruling from the EU moneybags.

I don't follow it too closely but it seems like EU is even more pro-copyright than the US? Would you say that's correct?

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2018, 16:21 NKD

DangerDog wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 13:57:
Why is it so difficult for people to just ignore things you don't like and go about your life? You act like youtube is the 24/7 Alex Jones show (which it probably will be with thousands of people uploading Alex Jones clips now, it's going to turn into the new Rick Roll Troll). Does Facebook force people to visit the Info War page or something? Did Apple automatically make you download his podcast?

You're all embracing corporate censorship like they're some sort of benevolent benefactor to society, will you feel the same way when corporations like Bayer exert their power over removing all content disparaging their fine, extremely safe products from these same social media platforms? Do you think the government will only force corporations to censor things you also want to see censored?

It's your precious free market at work bro. Certain opinions become liabilities, and there is financial incentive to censor to avoid pissing off your other customers/victims.

Let me ask you, how would you feel if some guy was on YouTube yelling at his millions of followers that you were perpetrating a massive hoax and are lying about your kid being killed, and you had to constantly deal with harassment and threats? How would you feel after everyone told you to just "Ignore them." because "We can't censor anyone!"

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2018, 11:22 NKD

Beamer wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 11:14:
Wikileaks has come out in defense of Info Wars. Not out of principle, but defending the merit of the actual content they produce.

Remember when Wikileaks was reputable and not just trying to smear western nations at the behest of the Russians?

Assange always had an agenda, but it definitely got worse and more destructive once Wikileaks became an arm of the GRU.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 8, 2018, 11:16 NKD

I don't really recall seeing any alt-right propaganda on The Escapist? And you all know how much I love to bitch about the alt-reich.

I expect they'll settle to just save time and effort, but you never know. If they push it their comments probably won't meet the standard of libel. It's very hard to make a libel case in the United States.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2018, 10:52 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 10:19:
Why would they? They still let preZident cheeto use the platform and he spreads just as much racial hatred and as many if not more lies than jones ever did.

Yeah this definitely isn't a shocker to me. They don't give a shit how much disgusting garbage you spew if you have a large enough following. I think the only person I can think of from the Conservatroll community who got banned was that Milo Yanni..uh..yiannioloctopus (not polluting my Google history to learn to spell this idiots name).

News Comments > FIX PUBG Campaign
3. Re: FIX PUBG Campaign Aug 8, 2018, 10:48 NKD

Epic already fixed PUBG. Download the "Fortnite" update.  

News Comments > IGN Review Plagiarism Follow-up
4. Re: IGN Review Plagiarism Follow-up Aug 8, 2018, 10:46 NKD

Beamer wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 10:44:
I am also confused at all the people that think the editors should have caught this. How do you catch something like this? Is it their job to watch every single YouTube review of a game, write the transcript, then compare against their stuff? There's no software that does that, and manually it's utterly impossible without hiring thousands of transcribers.

Agreed. Don't think people thought that one through all the way. There's no way for an editor to catch this. It's up to the creator and their own viewers to call it out, and it works like a charm.

News Comments > IGN Review Plagiarism Follow-up
2. Re: IGN Review Plagiarism Follow-up Aug 8, 2018, 10:43 NKD

Why do people think they can get away with ripping off some small time YouTuber? It doesn't matter if they have like 5 subscribers, and all of them are their mom. The second they post on reddit that you plagiarized them, YouTubers with millions of subs are going to be telling everyone what you did.  

18. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 8, 2018, 04:08 NKD

Stormsinger wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 23:03:
The first 9 words of your last sentence are a completely rational reason to feel disgusted with Clinton. "Centrist" is a term that is truly just another piece of propaganda. The so-called centrists are almost completely working for big moneyed interests...be they the pharmaceutical industry, the big banks, or just the billionaire's club.

The very last thing this country needs is more power for the ultra-wealthy, slanting things further in their favor virtually guarantees literal rivers of blood. In this sense, Clinton -was- Trump...with a greater amount of subtlety and competence.

You raise a very good point here. You have populists on the far left and far right who rely more on cultivating a following, rather than cultivating corporate donors. Then, you have the mainstream "centrist" politicians who rely almost entirely on corporate donors with blind party loyalty filling in the gaps.

On the far right, you have white nationalists and Evangelicals. These groups aren't interchangeable, but there is a lot of overlap because of the overwhelming whiteness of the Evangelical voting bloc. White nationalism is populism based on hate, for others, and for self. Evangelicals are your classic theocrats who want to sell out to the church instead of to secular corporations.

On the far left, things are fairly fragmented. You've got identity politicians worried about sexism, racism, etc. alienating the folks who are mostly concerned with economic inequality and believe addressing the latter will help solve the former. You've got radicals who want to tear it all down, you have others who think the system can still be made to work.

It makes sense I suppose that the side that wants to change everything disagrees on what to change, while the side that doesn't want as much change can generally agree on a status quo.

But yeah, in the middle, you've got a dangerously malleable ideology that is basically one-size-fits-all for cultivating corporate money.

16. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Aug 7, 2018, 22:06 NKD

People have to remember that the Republicans have been smearing the Clintons for DECADES. Even many of us wise to their little plan can't help but feel a little bit disgusted when we hear the name Clinton, even if we have no real rational reason.

It's one of the most pervasive long-term character assassinations in US history. Maybe of all time.

So it's no surprise that people will believe literally any lie told about Hillary or Bill, or even Chelsea. Most of the younger Trumpturds don't even remember a time before Hillary Clinton was a bogeyman for the conservatives. For these people, it's just received knowledge that the Clintons are comic book villains who kill people and run pedophile rings out of pizza places.

The reality of Hillary Clinton as a boring centrist with no new ideas is just too much for them to contemplate.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 6, 2018, 16:13 NKD

Jake Weber's Fake Alex Jones on the previous two seasons of Homeland was a better Alex Jones than Alex Jones.  

News Comments > Supreme Ruler Ultimate Goes to Trump's World
2. Re: Supreme Ruler Ultimate Goes to Trump's World Aug 4, 2018, 20:44 NKD

"players can take on the dicks of Russia, Iran, North Korea, and much more, raw dog no lube.

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
20. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 4, 2018, 20:38 NKD

On the flip side, if a player has a family and a demanding job and only has four hours to game a week but wants to suck dicks behind the Burger King to shortcut the time investment they would need to purchase a new ship, what’s wrong with that? They are helping fund the ongoing development and running costs of the game, which benefits everyone.

-Chris Roberts

5726 Comments. 287 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo