Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5158 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 26, 2017, 22:08 NKD

Well at least they are doing SOMETHING to help wrap up the Andromeda storyline. Really bad form to leave so many major plot points hanging. Still very hesitant to buy any games from Bioware in the future. I can look past the technical flaws in Andromeda, and even to some extent the troubled developmnt cycle, but cutting and running so you can take all the staff for some other game is super fucking scummy.

Mass Effect deserves better treatment.

You are being watched.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2017, 17:43 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 15:53:
NKD wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 15:29:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 14:48:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 14:15:
"He knew what he was signing up for"
too soon

It's never too soon for "the best words."

JD has has a good brain and has said a lot of things.

"You know people don't understand, I went to an Ivy League college. I was a nice student. I did very well. I'm a very intelligent person."

I was literally JUST watching that disaster again like 30 seconds ago.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 15:31 NKD

DangerDog wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 12:55:
Would rather see the release of the documents surrounding Roswell UFO incident - without redaction. Maybe something about Hanger 18.

I think the Roswell UFO incident was manufactured 30 years after the fact by some guy looking to sell his book.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2017, 15:29 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 14:48:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 14:15:
"He knew what he was signing up for"
too soon

It's never too soon for "the best words."

JD has has a good brain and has said a lot of things.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 26, 2017, 00:21 NKD

Witcher 3 is held up as an example far too often. It's an outlier. It's like saying "You can make a successful MMO if you're good at making MMOs, just look at World of Warcraft."

Witcher 3 had a lot of stuff going for it that other games aren't going to have. Not the least of which is a dev studio that can put up a decent budget but is self-published and doesn't have to worry about publisher pressure. This, combined with whatever they make off GOG, lets them do a 5 year dev cycle on a single game.

They are going to be able to continue to make one game every 5-6 years, similar to how Bethesda does. Doing a AAA single player game right takes a long time and a lot of money. No one is worried that these types of studios are dying off. The concern is that they are going to be the only ones left other than indies making single-player games.

And that does seem to be the direction things are headed.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 25, 2017, 20:26 NKD

All of PragerU's videos should have a huge WARNING: RETARDED CONTENT WITHIN plastered on it. Typical religious propaganda house.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2017, 19:14 NKD

Thankfully I doubt anyone is dumb enough to take medical advice (or any kind of advice) from Cutter. If you want to know the best way to treat whatever medical problem you have, talk to a fucking doctor. Not some internet assclowns who have only anecdotes.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Third-Party Overlays Versus Destiny 2
16. Re: Third-Party Overlays Versus Destiny 2 Oct 25, 2017, 19:11 NKD

KTR wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 14:50:
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46426

Apparently these fugboys used hacks during the beta.

Bungie waited for them to buy the game so they can be given a permanent ban.

4D chess, GGWP.

Aha. That explains why there were a few videos of people just playing the game normally and getting banned right there on stream. They had cheated, but it was in beta.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 25, 2017, 18:37 NKD

Oh man I wish I had a tablet when I was under 8 years old. Could have been browsing that thing instead of sitting in a dusty attic reading books and breathing in fiberglass and/or asbestos.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Metal Gear Survive in February
3. Re: Metal Gear Survive in February Oct 25, 2017, 14:43 NKD

Is it a pachinko machine?  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
13. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 25, 2017, 14:24 NKD

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 12:09:
NKD wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 11:30:
"How Zoe Quinn capitalized on Gamergate and lived to take in Patreon bux."

That would more be that Canadian professor Jordan whatever. All he does is whine about identity politics, and makes an estimated $60,000 per month on Patreon to do so. $60,000 per month! I'll whine about whatever people want me to for $60,000 per month.

I think that guy came on the scene long after Gamergate died down. I hadn't heard of him until last year. He's more of an invention of the Trumpian green frog brigade. Makes sense, considering the Trumpsters are the right wing version of SJWs, with all the trimmings. Patreon VictimBux, identity politics, claiming that every accurate depiction of them is a strawman, etc.

That's the worst thing to come out of identity politics: The right discovering that it works better for them than it does for the left. They can make more money, and actually get people elected. There's never going to be some absurd SJW lefty who is going to pull a Trump and get elected despite being completely fucking incompetent. The strategy only works on the right because of the combination of identity politics AND majority voting power.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Oct 25, 2017, 11:30 NKD

"How Zoe Quinn capitalized on Gamergate and lived to take in Patreon bux."  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Third-Party Overlays Versus Destiny 2
1. Re: Third-Party Overlays Versus Destiny 2 Oct 25, 2017, 11:29 NKD

Way too many reports of bans for this just to be some cheaters crying. And of course Bungie denies there's any problem.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 24, 2017, 21:52 NKD

Cutter wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 21:19:
Ex-Visceral dev either falls for clickbait article or is desperate for attention himself.

It's a good thing no one here would ever do that.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Destiny 2 for Windows Released
4. Re: Destiny 2 for Windows Released Oct 24, 2017, 21:37 NKD

Not many reviews from anywhere relevant on Metacritic it looks like. That said, this probably won't be something for me.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
36. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 24, 2017, 21:23 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 21:05:
NKD wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 19:26:

I always buy the listing that says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." so that I can get my free Prime shipping. If it comes from another retailer it will say, and you won't get Free Prime Shipping unless they have Amazon doing their fulfillment (i.e. the product sits in an Amazon warehouse.)
So still packed and shipped by slave labor.

I do imagine that moving boxes around a warehouse is a pretty low paying job, and one that probably won't exist for much longer.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for Free
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2017, 21:18 NKD

I really liked the game. It's an odd one though. It's a lengthy game as these types of games go, but at the same time feels like its just the first act of a larger story. It's clear they put a lot of effort into the game and didn't rush it out the door, but for some reason that effort didn't extend to the story.

For $15 it's worth it I think.

You are being watched.

33. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 24, 2017, 19:26 NKD

Rigs wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 19:15:
NKD wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 19:08:
D4rkKnight wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:46:
Newegg isn't the Newegg anymore, they were sold to the Chinese. My credit card company flags purchases from them as potentially fraudulent.

Try pcpartpicker.com. They do price comparisons across multiple sites.

Yeah I think some Chinese company got majority share in Newegg ownership about a year ago. But Newegg started struggling long before that.

I basically get all my computer hardware off Amazon now. They are usually the lowest or close to the lowest price and I get free shipping so...

You buy from Amazon but most times, like NewEgg now, you're buying from resellers that post ON Amazon (and NewEgg). That's why you have a selection of prices. And any one of those resellers could be some sweat factory in Cambodia for all anyone knows.

I always buy the listing that says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." so that I can get my free Prime shipping. If it comes from another retailer it will say, and you won't get Free Prime Shipping unless they have Amazon doing their fulfillment (i.e. the product sits in an Amazon warehouse.)

You are being watched.

31. Re: Newegg Accused of Ponzi Scheme Oct 24, 2017, 19:08 NKD

D4rkKnight wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:46:
Newegg isn't the Newegg anymore, they were sold to the Chinese. My credit card company flags purchases from them as potentially fraudulent.

Try pcpartpicker.com. They do price comparisons across multiple sites.

Yeah I think some Chinese company got majority share in Newegg ownership about a year ago. But Newegg started struggling long before that.

I basically get all my computer hardware off Amazon now. They are usually the lowest or close to the lowest price and I get free shipping so...

You are being watched.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer
14. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer Oct 24, 2017, 18:45 NKD

Quinn wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:03:
Lmao people can get excited for this milked out garbage? Unbelievable. I saw a gameplay vid from a guy today who got mad excited when he got chased by a hippo. *sigh* So utterly pathetic.

It could be worse, it could be Evil Within 2 or Destiny 2.

You are being watched.

5158 Comments. 258 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo