Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5848 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee
26. Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 1, 2018, 10:26 NKD

dsmart wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 08:53:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 08:45:
Subscribers? There are people paying a monthly fee for SC currently? WTF?

Yes. And it's hilarious.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/subscriptions

Did you see the trailer for Rebel Galaxy Outlaw? They take a nice swipe at Star Citizen I think you'd appreciate.

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 1, 2018, 10:25 NKD

I'd love to see a transgender person get their foot in the door of US congress, but like the article says it's definitely a long shot given that her opponent is a well-liked incumbent who has never had an issue beating the competition. There's Danica Roem who is the first transgender person to hold a state seat, if she proves popular she'll probably have a far better shot of getting into a national seat.  

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

News Comments > Tournament Shooting Lawsuit
23. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 1, 2018, 09:56 NKD

Hosting a competitive event at a venue that serves alcohol (literally named a bar, with neon beer signs) is unwise and a strike in the plaintiff's favor. Mixing alcohol and high-stakes winnings is just a bad idea.

I wonder if alcohol was being served during the event? I think you only have to be like 14 or 16 to participate in the tournament qualifiers. Not sure what Florida's laws are regarding that sort of thing. I know that in some states if you are primarily a "food" establishment and get most of your income from selling food, rather than alcohol, then you don't have to get rid of alcohol for all-ages events.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 1, 2018, 09:42 NKD

When I look up some of these moderators and see they are mods of dozens of large subreddits, I lose a lot of my sympathy. If you feel overworked, maybe don't moderate so many subreddits?  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 1, 2018, 09:37 NKD

Protip: Don't call the cops if a loved one is mentally ill and having issues. It's the equivalent of calling the exterminator when your pet tarantula is getting sassy.  

News Comments > Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Announced
4. Re: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Announced Sep 1, 2018, 09:36 NKD

Homeboy just dropped a huge alien deuce on Christ Roberts.  

News Comments > SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos
13. Re: SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos Sep 1, 2018, 09:29 NKD

Bad press and legal issues selling it in certain countries makes this not a hill worth dying on. Yeah, in a perfect world, we'd be able to have realism for prison tats, but it is what it is...

Your post at least gave me a laugh. Some twat who dislikes Trump got Trump's name permanently tattooed to his flesh...

Let that sink in for a bit. Doesn't actually matter that it replaces the rug with a poop, Trump is important enough that the wanker in the photo decided to permanently commemorate him... =D

If you think that's bad, you should see some of the Trump tattoos that Trump supporters got.

News Comments > Tournament Shooting Lawsuit
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 1, 2018, 09:19 NKD

I'll be somewhat surprised if this gets anywhere. He's probably hoping EA will feel bad and settle. His lawyer is going to have a hard time making the case for negligence, given the nature of the crime and the size of the venue/event.

And even if he can, security is the venue's responsibility. Unless he can show this venues security was significantly less than other venues available to EA, then EA did their part. But of course the venue doesn't have a lot of cash on hand probably, which is why he's suing these other entities as well.

If you needed armed security and metal detectors etc any time 20 or more people gathered in the same place to avoid liability, whew, that would be hell for small businesses.

News Comments > EA's Jacksonville Tribute
29. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 31, 2018, 00:36 NKD

ledhead1969 wrote on Aug 31, 2018, 00:06:
https://bit.ly/2MZAagi

TMYK

You should check your sources a bit better. "Crime Prevention Research Center" is John Lott, an economist on the NRA payroll, and frequent Fox News talking head.

News Comments > Humble Summer Sale Includes Free Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
1. Re: Humble Summer Sale Includes Free Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Aug 31, 2018, 00:31 NKD

I was like "Hell yeah, I heard this game was good, if a bit short!" and loaded up Humble Bundle.

Oops I already got this game in my Steam library and forgot I owned it.

23. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 19:17 NKD

Creston wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 18:51:
bigspender wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 18:30:
I've always wondered what it would take to get a refund from EA. You have to get shot. That's what it takes to get some money from them.

Joking aside, it literally takes like 2 minutes to get a refund on Origin. EA is fucking LIGHTYEARS ahead of Steam where customer service is concerned.

EA customer service, the few times I've needed to use it, has been very good. There have been a couple times I've gotten a refund on Origin and they didn't even take the game away from me. Of course that was probably an oversight/bug, but Valve sure as fuck has never done that

I only have 10-15 games on Origin though, as opposed to like 500 on Steam.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 30, 2018, 18:42 NKD

Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 16:27:

Incidentally, I once found out that the real head of the Catholic Church was Jim Henson, whose soul lives in the original Swedish Chef puppet. He whispers in the Pope's ear every night.

That must be really annoying. Hearing whispers of "BÝrk BÝrk BÝrk" in your ear, waking up, and no one is there, just the faint odor of Swede.

20. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 18:24 NKD

Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 18:02:

Holy shit, that's brilliant. Devious, and brilliant.
Then we'd also need security lines to get into the security lines!

We can have a huge no man's land where people have to cross one at a time with snipers aiming at them, and there's a metal detector and other security devices manned by robots in the middle. Sure, you could only load like 2 planes a day, but think of the SAFETY!!

Oh wait a minute, what about everyone waiting to go thru the no man's land?! FUCK!!

18. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 17:54 NKD

Beamer wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 17:43:
NKD wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 17:34:
When people talk about increasing security, I get nervous. We increased security at airports, but it only increased the stress of flying and lowered convenience, and there are still huge juicy targets in airports.

And, ultimately, we have to keep in mind that these types of shootings make up a tiny portion of the gun homicides in the US. Drastically changing our way of life to include metal detectors and security lines everywhere to maybe sometimes address part of 1% of the gun homicides is a bad overreaction.

Turning the US into a giant prison block can't be the solution.

I agree. I go through way too much way too slow airport security, and while I'm sure it's doing something, it's far too invasive.

I keep wondering why we don't see people attacking the security lines themselves. When I'm at the airport in the security line I'm like "Welp, we're sitting ducks." and I'm not even a terrorist. A terrorist, whether it be an Islamic extremist or some incel, would look at that and see a bunch of people lined up for the firing squad.

15. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 17:34 NKD

When people talk about increasing security, I get nervous. We increased security at airports, but it only increased the stress of flying and lowered convenience, and there are still huge juicy targets in airports.

And, ultimately, we have to keep in mind that these types of shootings make up a tiny portion of the gun homicides in the US. Drastically changing our way of life to include metal detectors and security lines everywhere to maybe sometimes address part of 1% of the gun homicides is a bad overreaction.

Turning the US into a giant prison block can't be the solution.

6. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 14:17 NKD

Nullity wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 13:58:
maddog wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 13:55:
NKD wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 11:18:
EA should buy out the NRA, turn it into a game studio, and run it into the ground. Use their powers for good.
That's quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on the internet all day and I just came from reddit
Did you come from /r/woooosh? Cause that was comedy gold. Bravo NKD.

Judging by his post history, he came from /r/the_donald

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2018, 11:26 NKD

Skunked doggo is bad. But not as bad as skunked cat. Good luck trying to clean a cat.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 30, 2018, 11:25 NKD

I have a feeling this guy is going to be a prison hero.

"What are you in for?"

"Leaking nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence."

"MY MAN!"

News Comments > Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed
1. Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Revealed Aug 30, 2018, 11:20 NKD

The only shit part is that I waited to play Subnautica until full release, so an early access expansion is going to either feel incomplete in comparison, or I'm going to have to wait a long ass time again.  

1. Re: EA's Jacksonville Tribute Aug 30, 2018, 11:18 NKD

EA should buy out the NRA, turn it into a game studio, and run it into the ground. Use their powers for good.  

5848 Comments. 293 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo