Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5173 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
76. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 30, 2017, 10:28 NKD

Manafort and his underling Gates surrendered to the FBI this morning. Money laundering, failure to register as foreign agent, conspiracy against the US, etc. charge list is extensive if you look it up.

Meanwhile Trump is crying that no one will do anything about Hillary. Has no one told him that he has the power to do something?

You are being watched.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

72. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 30, 2017, 09:27 NKD

Redmask wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 05:58:
People didn't seem to have a problem with complex electoral math when it was Hillary Clinton using it to her advantage over Bernie Sandies by specifically targeting superdelegates.

I'm not sure that's fair. First, a lot of us prefered Sanders over Clinton. Second, that's not even the electoral college. There's nothing we can do about how political parties decide to do their primaries. Those can be as undemocratic as they want them to be. They could simply appoint someone if they wanted. Because of the two party system, there's no lever to pull to put pressure on them.

But the electoral college is something that affects everyone. Sure, it works out in Republican's favor right now, but will it always? What if the number of electoral votes gets properly adjusted for population? Suddenly it becomes a huge problem for the Republicans again.

You are being watched.

62. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 30, 2017, 00:45 NKD

Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 00:43:
Trump himself, however, is still clear to threaten/browbeat/bully whomever he pleases on Twitter.

The only reason they haven't banned him is because his tweeting gets him into so much hot water. Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.

You are being watched.

60. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 30, 2017, 00:17 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 23:36:
Ask yourself if you're living in Wyoming, whether or not it's fair that California, NY, etc would be able to elect someone to the highest office decade after decade and completely screw you over. EC selection is a bulwark against large-self interested groups in cities.

Land doesn't get a vote, people do. And the people in the middle of the country are just as self-interested as anyone else. The President and other national offices don't represent any particular state. They represent ALL Americans equally, so all Americans votes need to be equal, regardless of where they choose live.

Your argument is basically "The EC is good because it penalizes my political opponents, who because of their superior numbers would win every time in a purely democratic system." That's how national votes work in a democracy though right? The bigger number wins?

There's no valid argument for a system that pads the vote of a certain group to make things more "competitive." It's not a sports game. We don't care that the game is close or exciting, we just want the vote to accurately represent our voice. If you're worried about how things are going in your state, that's why you have a state government, and state's rights.

If you're winning a national vote by millions, and still losing, your system is broken. And that's happened what, 4 out of the last 6 Presidential elections in the US? A few thousand votes in the "right places" should not be able to swing a national election in such a way that the person who gets the most votes loses.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Oct 29, 2017, 22:49 NKD

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 14:53:
"Secretly?"

People give so much information up willingly to Facebook, Google, etc. who turn around and sell that info or use it for their own purposes. And then they rage furiously about privacy when some hardware diagnostic info is getting sent to Microsoft (and then probably ignored) in some version of Windows. And then after that, they tell everyone automated license plate scanners being setup all over town is "no big deal" because your license plate can be seen publicly. Nevermind that it essentially creates the ability for real-time vehicle tracking for everyone in its coverage area.

People don't worry enough, and when they do, it's about the wrong things. They are more concerned with how personal the information "feels" rather than what can be done with it.

You are being watched.

50. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 29, 2017, 22:06 NKD

robdot wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 21:39:
In Ohio,there are hundreds of thousands of people who believe that Hillary is an alien,who runs a child sex ring from pizza parlors. And,,,they will shoot you to prove it.

Are you implying these things aren't true?!?! You MSM shill cuck!

You are being watched.

44. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 29, 2017, 21:07 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 20:20:
That's the very core of identity politics talking. You're grouping people that you believe have particular views, then wrapping them up into nice little bundles to make sense for yourself.

"Reeeee you're not allowed to say that people who hold certain views, hold certain views. That's identity politics!"

No. Identity politics, at least the kind that people talk about, is the idea that because of your identity, usually race or sexual orientation, your opinion carries more or less weight. It's the idea of subjective truth.

Screechers on campus saying you can't understand their oppression because they are black/gay/AH-64 Apache/whatever, and you are not. That's identity politics.

Identity politics isn't just a catch-all phrase for any form of grouping or labeling. Those things are just that. Grouping and labeling. If you collect stamps, and I call you a stamp collector, I'm not practicing identity politics. Now if I say "you're a stamp collector therefore you must really like this particular stamp", that's a different story.

I'm labelling you based on your beliefs, not inferring your beliefs based on whatever label you carry for yourself. It's the literal opposite of identity politics. Letting peoples words and actions speak for themselves. You hold repugnant xenophobic beliefs, from what you've said here, so that's the label you get.

I don't care if you're white, black, asian, a V-22 Osprey. What I care about is ideas, and people getting scared that the social landscape of America is changing have really bad ideas.

You are being watched.

41. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 29, 2017, 19:51 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 19:42:
On top of that, you're engaging in typical in-group, out-group behavior which is the core of identity politics.

I'm not sure "People who aren't Nazis" is really selective enough to be an in-group, and is probably not really an identity, since we who aren't Nazis expect those who are to be able to convert out of Naziism. Can't convert out of it if it's part of your identity.

Naziism promotes white identity politics but isn't an identity in itself. It's just a set of ideas. If you hold those ideas, you're a Nazi. You don't have to identify as one to be one.

If someone goes around talking about the free market and quoting Ayn Rand like she had anything worthwhile to say, they're probably a libertarian or ancap, regardless of what they call themselves.

People who worry about keeping America white, Christian, and English-speaking are Nazis.

You are being watched.

37. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 29, 2017, 19:18 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 19:08:
Nice identity politics there.

Pretty sure pointing out your Nazi opinions and saying they lead me to believe you're a Nazi isn't identity politics. None of this is contingent on my identity.

I also find it funny you bring up being "divisive" like it's a bad thing, given your tendency to call anyone who doesn't support an idiotic reality TV star for President "deranged."

You are being watched.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2017, 18:55 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:51:
NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:45:
Let's not exaggerate. I'm not accusing you of being a secret Nazi. I'm just accusing you of being a Nazi. But now that you mention it, ol' Trump seems to have a lot of support from #FakeAmericans north of the wall.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

Oh the fucking irony.

You might want to refresh yourself on the definition of irony. Hint: It's not me posting something exactly in line with what I have in my sig.

Sig = white identity politics is even worse than normal identity politics.
My post = accuse you of being a white identity politician, i.e. Nazi

You are being watched.

29. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 29, 2017, 18:45 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:30:
So NBC, Toronto Star and National Post are the daily stormer and infowars now? Gee who knew, I guess that makes 70% of Canadians secret nazi's.

Let's not exaggerate. I'm not accusing you of being a secret Nazi. I'm just accusing you of being a Nazi. But now that you mention it, ol' Trump seems to have a lot of support from #FakeAmericans north of the wall.

You are being watched.

22. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 29, 2017, 18:26 NKD

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:24:

Well if you wanted to paint yourself as gloriously unhinged, you're doing a great job. You should probably cut back on reading the verge and the daily dot at this point. Your post could have come right out of their rantings.

Nah man I get my news from the same place as you: The Daily Stormer and InfoWars.

You are being watched.

20. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 29, 2017, 18:22 NKD

Wow you're right. That puts my lazy ass at 1.337 posts per day (3740 days since Aug 3, 2007). Not counting the time I spent lurking before I made an account, which was like, another 8 or 9 years.  

You are being watched.

18. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 29, 2017, 18:01 NKD

I love Obergruppenfuhrer Mashiki's spin on this. "Manafort was a SECRET LIBRUL DEMOCRAT ALL ALONG! PODESTA! PIZZAGATE!"

If it's someone like Kushner the spin will be "(((GLOBALISTS))) are being purged from the administration!"

You are being watched.

2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 29, 2017, 13:40 NKD

Man he's dropping below 80% with his own party? SAD! Failing so-called President needs to be fired!  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Released
50. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 29, 2017, 00:04 NKD

Verno is definitely right about visiting Giza. Hit up those pyramids and tombs and explore them for a nice boost of skill points without really having to fight anything.

Also your bird is an awesome replacement for the minimap. Much more interactive.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 20:19 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 20:08:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 19:35:
Since you work in the service industry, and are always nice to people in person, I would have thought you wouldn't have a problem with something like that.
Your zingers are not #fakezingers. thanks for the giggle.

I didn't know Freelance Proctology Test Dummy was considered part of the "service industry" though.

You are being watched.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 17:42 NKD

If it was Kushner, the Trumpians would all go "I NEVER LIKED THAT (((GLOBALIST))) ANYWAY! GOOD RIDDANCE!"  

You are being watched.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 14:31 NKD

A grand jury has approved the first set of charges in Mueller's Russia probe.

Charges remain sealed for the moment, so we may not know for a few days who is being charged and with what. Smart money is on Manafort or Flynn, but it could be just about anyone in Trump's orbit. We could see arrests as soon as Monday.

Don't worry though, Trumptards, I'm sure there will be a huge plot twist and it's actually Hillary Clinton who is getting arrested for running a pedophile conspiracy out of a pizza parlor!

You are being watched.

46. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2017, 08:54 NKD

El Pit wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 08:28:
Legalize all drugs? So, when those drugged people crash into your car or pilot their planes into a skyscraper or ram their boat into your house by the lake, it is alright? Or let them become hyperaggressive because of the shit they take and grab a gun to go on a killing spree where you live? No, thank you. Lock them up and THEN give them all the drugs they want. Burn the bodies and throw the ashes away. But don't let them drive through my hometown by the dozens. I want to leave my house without jumping into a tank to get from point A to B.

I find this post amusing because alcohol is legal and people use it to crash into other peoples cars all the time. Yet we already tried prohibition and it only made things worse. And the people who grab guns and go on killing sprees are typically not on any substances at all...

Maybe not the best examples.

You are being watched.

5173 Comments. 259 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo