Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5848 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing
2. Re: Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing Sep 7, 2018, 11:09 NKD

They drastically over-estimated the desire for a more hardcore WoW.

The leveling process was unusually slow for a modern MMO. The attunement process for raids was difficult even for experienced MMORPG players with a premade group in voice comms. Then they spun up too many servers, which led to ghost towns and players leaving after the initial burst died down. They were too slow to get rid of the 40-man raids when the population wasn't able to sustain them.

I think the game could have been a moderate success if they had made it just a little easier. It's a stylish game, and I found the combat to be really enjoyable for an MMORPG.

Basically they made stupid mistakes which didn't allow them to get a solid playerbase that could fund future content. And a PvE MMO without content is dead.

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 7, 2018, 10:59 NKD

Elon Musk on JRE last night was such a weird show!  

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
14. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 7, 2018, 09:05 NKD

Beamer wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:55:
I imagine he means white on white racism.

Hah. Maybe.

As an aside, I never really understood how that's supposed to work. If a white person pointing out shitty parts of white America is a racist, is a black person pointing out shitty parts of black America a racist?

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 7, 2018, 08:47 NKD

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 08:09:
NKD wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 07:51:
Did they ever give any indication of why Trump's election might have increased their racism or anti-Semitism?
I don't think it increased the amount but it emboldened them. If a racist was elected President then they could "come out of the closet" so to speak. They thought they were the new majority.

I understand that's the reasoning for the more Conservative racists. But Liberals are so vehemently anti-Trump that it's hard to imagine them being MORE likely to voice their racist views.

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 7, 2018, 07:51 NKD

Brazor wrote on Sep 7, 2018, 05:44:
That garbage pops up after every election. I live in a liberal town in California and I heard a ton of it from them when Trump won. More so then when Obama won.
The liberal racists are more numerious then the conservative ones here.

Did they ever give any indication of why Trump's election might have increased their racism or anti-Semitism?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2018, 15:50 NKD

Eastern Washington is a weird fucking place. It's like a different country from the parts west of the Cascades.  

News Comments > Pearl Abyss Acquiring CCP Games
4. Re: Pearl Abyss Acquiring CCP Games Sep 6, 2018, 13:21 NKD

Maybe the acquisition will help CCP figure out how to do something besides just EVE without having to cancel it.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
32. removed Sep 5, 2018, 18:13 NKD

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 5, 2018, 18:43.

26. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 5, 2018, 17:35 NKD

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 17:27:
Okay, so let me see if I have this yet.. You now say it is clear Musk did not mean child. But you were not wrong for previously insisting otherwise. Got it.

I'm thinking he might be autistic.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2018, 17:31 NKD

They can sentence her to 20 years at my place. Blonde hair blue eye sociopaths are exactly my type.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
21. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2018, 17:24 NKD

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 14:17:
Both are not the sharpest knifes in the drawer and neither really knows what life is like for the vast majority of the population.

I wouldn't compare W's intelligence to Trumps. W's great at putting on the "everyday normal guy" act, but that was a facade to appeal to voters and to complement his "compassionate conservative" platform. I'm even skeptical about some of his "Bushisms" where he would mangle a word. But even if those are real, he wasn't known for spouting 8 paragraphs of word salad like Trump. W is known to enjoy reading a lot of books. Trump can't even be bothered to read the dumbed down intelligence briefings he is provided.

W surrounded himself with mostly well-connected and experienced politicians (TOO connected and TOO experienced IMO, those guys were shady as fuck.), rather than hiring whoever said the nicest things about him.

As far as knowing what life is like for the rest of the country, Bush has Trump beat by miles there too. He was fantastic at putting on the everyman act. Trump wasn't even aware you didn't have to show ID to buy groceries, and is constantly saying things that show he's never even come close to living a normal life. W knew how to play up the everyman thing, and you can bet that required a good understanding of what peoples lives were like.

It's tempting to go down the "Bush is retarded" route because it makes all the damage from his administration seem like fuck-ups, rather than calculated acts. But I don't buy it for a second.

21. Re: GeForce Experience 3.0 Released Sep 5, 2018, 16:54 NKD

YourNick wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 14:31:
I don't know if any one has, though there's a 1st for everything. Regardless, it is a logical interpretation. Someone makes a childish comment, and is responded to by being called a child. Here, I'll try to end your infatuation with tuples: I infinitely-tuple down, there, that should do it. Hmm, maybe you'll do the pedo thing and say infinity+1 and beyond tuple!

You know it's okay to be like "Yeah I was wrong, I don't know why I was so eager to give Elon Musk a pass. He's clearly accusing this guy of being a pedophile with no real evidence." But you don't seem to be willing to admit your error here.

Now you claim to be taking a logical approach? Nothing about your position is remotely logical. If I call someone a faggot on Twitter, it's not very logical to assume I'm comparing them to a bundle of sticks, despite that being a definition of the word.

You're looking at something vaguely horse shaped and vaguely horse smelling in a field of horses and asserting that assuming it's a zebra is logical.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 5, 2018, 11:00 NKD

Has Trump EVER provided any backing for the accusations he levels at people?

Just another reminder that we live in a time where an obvious and pathological liar is taken at their word 100% of the time by a significant percentage of our country.

News Comments > New Online Middle-earth Game Plans
6. Re: New Online Middle-earth Game Plans Sep 5, 2018, 01:45 NKD

Don't really know these dudes so not much confidence in this one.  

News Comments > Battlefield V Chat Will Have Profanity Filter
5. Re: . Sep 2, 2018, 18:17 NKD

Has a profanity filter ever done anything but annoy people to the point that they have to turn it off when it blocks normal words?  

News Comments > Anthem Demo in February
3. Re: Anthem Demo in February Sep 2, 2018, 15:30 NKD

Doesn't really bug me. If people want to be dumb enough to pay for a demo, whatever. As long as there's no NDA or other equivalent stupidity, there will be publicly available unedited gameplay for me to pass judgement on, and a lot of feedback on how the game runs on various systems.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Hospital Slashes $109K Heart Attack Bill After Patient Tells Media His Story Sep 1, 2018, 21:11 NKD

1badmf wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 17:36:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 15:23:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 14:57:
While I'm glad his situation has been resolved, as he raises in the article there are plenty of others with similar problems. The health care and insurance industries need to fix these issues. These are long standing problems which should have been solved long ago...

Healthcare should never be for-profit.

especially when a dying man on a gurney isn't capable of shopping for alternatives. that's not a free market and shouldn't be allowed to operate as one.

I agree. The free market approach is just not compatible with healthcare. The whole dynamic is different from any other customer-business relationship. You can get hauled off in an ambulance while unconscious, be taken to a hospital not covered by your insurance, and be fucked. All without consenting to or signing anything.

News Comments > SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos
27. Re: SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos Sep 1, 2018, 21:02 NKD

Beamer, I really don't understand why Nazis and swastikas are okay for everything BUT your own player character. I've played as some pretty fucked up characters and it didn't turn me into a genocidal maniac. Any given Paradox game has me guilty of horrific acts of violence and oppression. I've slaughtered innocents in video games, I've been a racist in video games.

I'm really failing to see how your point makes any sense unless you're implying that video games cause racist violence.

Either you allow the depiction of Nazi symbolism in your game, or you don't. Whether its on an NPC or a player is irrelevant from a moral and ethical standpoint.

21. Re: SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos Sep 1, 2018, 12:46 NKD

Beamer wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 11:35:
Why do so many of you want actual Nazi tattoos as a customization option?

To be fair, I've been way worse things than a Nazi in video games.

15. Re: SCUM Removes Scummy Tattoos Sep 1, 2018, 10:44 NKD

NicklePop wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 09:41:
If you think that's bad you should see some of the tattoos Clinton supporters got.

There was that guy from SNL that got a Clinton tattoo...a year after the election. Talk about poor life choices.

5848 Comments. 293 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo