Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5400 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
35. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2018, 22:15 NKD

Reporter McReporterface wrote:
Are you open to meeting with (special counsel Robert Mueller)? Would you be willing to meet with him without condition? Or would you demand that a strict set of parameters be placed around any encounter between you and the special counsel?

Redmask wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 21:54:
Well, again John, there has been no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russians or Trump and Russians. No collusion. When I watch you interviewing all the people leaving their committees, I mean, the Democrats are all running for office, trying to say this that -- but bottom line, they all say there's no collusion. And there is no collusion.

And when you talk about interviews, Hillary Clinton had an interview, where she wasn't sworn in, she wasn't given the oath, they didn't take notes, they didn't record and it was done on the 4th of July weekend. That's perhaps ridiculous and a lot of people looked upon that as being a very serious breach and it really was.

But again I'll speak to attorneys -- I can only say this, there was absolutely no collusion. Everybody knows it. Every committee -- I've been in office now for 11 months. For 11 months, they've had this phony cloud over this administration, over our government. And it has hurt our government. It does hurt our government. It's a Democrat hoax that was brought up as an excuse for losing an election that frankly the Democrats should have won because they have such a tremendous advantage in the electoral college.

So it was brought up for that reason. But it has been determined that there is no collusion and by virtually everybody. So we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens. I mean certainly we'll see what happens -- when they have no collusion and nobody's found any collusion at any level it seems unlikely that you'd even have an interview.

Hmm...

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2018, 21:47 NKD

Redmask wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 21:30:
Crimea was gone during the Obama administration, and he gave, he allowed it to get away. You know, he can talk tough all he wants, in the meantime he talked tough to North Korea. And he didnít actually. He didnít talk tough to North Korea. You know, we have a big problem with North Korea. Big. Big, big. You look at all of the things, you look at the line in the sand. The red line in the sand in Syria. He didnít do the shot. I did the shot. Had he done that shot, he wouldnít have had ó had he done something dramatic, because if you remember, they had a tremendous gas attack after he made that statement. Much bigger than the one they had with me.

You raise a good point, I'll have to think on that for a bit.

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

26. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2018, 19:30 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 19:19:
Beamer wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 18:32:
ventry wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 18:13:
derp

You can't take the high ground over someone you claim is acting like a 3 year old by acting the same way, you know.
@Beamer, you know better than to feed the troll from down under.

Don't call him a troll, he can't help it, he caught syphilis from a koala and it has made his brain into swiss cheese.

18. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2018, 11:21 NKD

Ugh the Oprah thing is awful.

We're learning a tough lesson in why you want a politician and not an outsider in the big chair. The job is simply too big for someone who has to rely in a crash course on politics. Your "outsider" simply becomes a rubber stamp being guided by the flattery of sycophants because they don't have enough confidence in their knowledge to actually LEAD.

Plus the amount of snake oil and stupidity that Oprah has signal boosted over the years is unforgiveable.

The Dems put her up and it'll be a fucking disaster. I'd rather vote for Shillary than Oprah.

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2018, 00:58 NKD

MrBone wrote on Jan 10, 2018, 00:25:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 19:56:
Now we just gotta get his old boss to leave the white house and truly maga.

Grow up. You have another chance in 2020. For now, let's allow the dude to take the US into even greater prosperity. Check the markets and the job reports bubba.

I'm sure it's all very glowing if you're a wealthy bankster. Especially with Trump waiving punishments on banks convicted of interest rate fixing.

Unfortunately I'm just a lower income dude with a mountain of student loan debt, and a lack of decent healthcare, so the "greater prosperity" doesn't apply to me.

It's baffling how you guys can turn on the TV and watch Trump struggle to squeeze out a coherent sentence, and never, ever, speak intelligently about policy issues, and then paint him as some Glorious Leader. Like honestly, do you watch Trump talk and feel inspired? Do you see him bragging on Twitter about shit that isn't even true and think "I hope my son grows up to be like that!"

If there's any benefit to business right now, it's thanks to Congress passing a tax bill that Trump had no hand in crafting and which any Republican candidate would have rubberstamped.

Only about 10% of my criticisms of Trump would have applied to a Mitt Romney, a John McCain, a Ted Cruz, or a Jeb! While I'm obviously going to have strong political differences with any Republican candidate, I can say with some certainty that none of the people above are fucking morons of Trump's caliber and none would be an embarassment to the country.

Well unless Ted Cruz finally got proven to be the Zodiac Killer.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2018, 01:12.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 9, 2018, 22:16 NKD

SlimRam wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 20:06:
NKD wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 19:31:
I don't know why you guys continue to engage with ledpaintchips.
I've noticed that he doesn't seem to engage in the conversation that he starts? It's like the equivalent of farting in a crowded elevator and getting out at the next floor

He's like the dumber, less verbose version of WaltC, hit-and-run ignorant opinions that they know they aren't equipped to defend, or can't be defended at all, so they don't even bother.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2018, 22:15 NKD

Jumping Spiders and Tarantulas are the only spiders that don't give me the creeps. The fuzziness overcomes the spiderness for me.  

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2018, 22:11 NKD

Can we just take a moment to appreciate this picture of Steve Bannon on that site?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 9, 2018, 19:31 NKD

I don't know why you guys continue to engage with ledpaintchips.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2018, 09:21 NKD

Orogogus wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 05:42:
Do you support football team managers punishing players who take a knee? That seems to be the equivalent situation with the politics flipped.

If it's the action that is fair to the team and the other players, sure. I don't know to what extent that causes problems for the team, or whether shitcanning a valuable player would save them more trouble than it would add.

Random Google Employee is a little more disposable so they don't get as much leeway.

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2018, 04:51 NKD

Asmodai wrote on Jan 9, 2018, 02:02:

So offending a chunk of the establishment is a bad thing?

I mean if it's bringing shit down on your employer, yes. Employers are by no means required to keep their employees on when their presence is affecting the bottom line. Employers don't like employees who bring down shit upon them, regardless of the intent or justification.

Now in this case it sucks for this guy because it was some fellow employee, some SJW I'm sure, that actually leaked the memo. He didn't intend for his words to be public so that people could pick them apart and spin them.

But Google is right to dismiss an employee that has become a problem, even if it wasn't his intent.

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 9, 2018, 00:06 NKD

Cutter wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 21:50:
Good luck with that, James. In the current political climate the white man is enemy #1. But like Gil Scott-Heron said, whitey's on the moon.

Enemy #1 in the current political climate is an orange manchild, not a white man.

News Comments > The Station Next Month
5. Re: The Station Next Month Jan 9, 2018, 00:04 NKD

NewMaxx wrote on Jan 8, 2018, 22:52:
Welcome to the station, a space station within the game The Station developed by The Station for the PlayStation.

I'm heading to the bus station to buy a PlayStation so I can buy The Station from The Station and play the game about a space station while waiting the police to come arrest me for saying "station" too many times and taking me down to the station.

News Comments > The Station Next Month
1. Re: The Station Next Month Jan 8, 2018, 20:35 NKD

What's it called?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 7, 2018, 00:08 NKD

There are a lot of things I'd put up my ass if Gwyneth Paltrow made the right promises.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 5, 2018, 18:33 NKD

The orbital cannon thing in GTA Online isn't really that big a deal unless someone is using exploits or hacks to abuse it. 48 minute cooldown, high cost. Like $10-15 of their overpriced RMT cards per shot.

If someone wants to grief your drug shipment or whatever, they could just as easily do it with one of the other million high powered military vehicles in the game. Like the new Akula stealth helicopter that doesn't even show up on radar...

News Comments > DRAGON BALL FighterZ Trailer and Specs
1. Re: DRAGON BALL FighterZ Trailer and Specs Jan 5, 2018, 18:27 NKD

SSGGSS? Sounds like some kind of anti-aliasing algorithm...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
48. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 5, 2018, 04:15 NKD

Creston wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 23:44:
You'd probably have to go to 3 different countries at that point, since how do you make one 'nation' out of the blue states?

It wouldn't be all the blue states in one group, for sure. I could see Washington, Oregon, California and Hawaii joining up. Maybe Nevada. Idaho is the land of Mormons and white supremacists, so that's a no can do. And then you'd have the Northeast and Great Lakes areas probably cooperating and having strong ties with the West Coast.

Alaska would be shit out of luck, but whatever.

I'm just tired of the red states PERPETUALLY holding us back from being number one. We shouldn't have to drag half the country kicking and screaming into the future, putting us further and further behind more progressive European nations, and largely mono-cultural nations like China.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 4, 2018, 23:34 NKD

DangerDog wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 22:10:
2017 Fake News
2018 Fake Books

We're making progress!

If your definition of fake is "unflattering to Trump," sure. But I'm pretty sure we've had Fake Books for a long time, for example, the Bible.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
6. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 4, 2018, 20:44 NKD

This Fire and Fury book is going to be a fucking riot to read. They can try to call it fake news and shit but word has it the author actually recorded some of the most pertinent conversations when he was able.

It's gonna detail how utterly dysfunctional the White House is and how Trump is basically just a senile old dementia patient with a bunch of incompetents trying to cover for him. Meanwhile the Republicans only care that he signs anything they put in front of him, which he will.

I'm sure some Trump supporters will continue to find some way to ignore the facts, call the recordings doctored, or whatever.

5400 Comments. 270 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo