Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5761 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video
8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 48-Minute Gameplay Video Aug 27, 2018, 17:57 NKD

Fantastic world building in this. I'm not one to start jerking off CDPR, and I think as good as it was Witcher 3 still managed to be overrated. But this looks really good.  

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated]
75. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 10:46 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 10:43:
NKD wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 10:36:
I have to wonder why everyone jumps immediately to mental illness, considering probably less than 1% of gun homicides in the US have anything to do with mental illness. Most of it is related to gangs, drugs, poverty, domestic violence. Those people aren't mentally ill, just assholes or people with shitty upbringing and shitty opportunities.
Also they have guns. But we can't blame the guns. So enjoy the killings because it's only gonna get worse. Unless of course we do somthing about guns. But we can't do anything about guns because we have guns.
Did i get that right?

No way to stop this happening, says only country where this happens.

I keep warning you. Doors and corners, kid. That's where they get you. Humans are too fucking stupid to listen.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 27, 2018, 10:40 NKD

Should we really be giving robots spears? What's next? Rocks?  

72. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 10:36 NKD

I have to wonder why everyone jumps immediately to mental illness, considering probably less than 1% of gun homicides in the US have anything to do with mental illness. Most of it is related to gangs, drugs, poverty, domestic violence. Those people aren't mentally ill, just assholes or people with shitty upbringing and shitty opportunities.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 27, 2018, 03:39 NKD

My go-to for hardware reviews, much like game reviews before it, has shifted to YouTube. I'd rather watch some greasy fuck run some benchmarks in his spare room than give any traffic to the garbage that sites like Tom's Hardware have become.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
19. Re: Saturday Metaverse Aug 27, 2018, 03:33 NKD

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 10:09:
Not talking about preventing what happened here, I'm questioning why idiot kids have access to machinery like that at all. At the very least they shouldn't be allowed on public roadways with it.

Uh, ok so 18 year olds can't have cars on public roads, what do you raise the age limit to?

49. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 27, 2018, 03:18 NKD

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 27, 2018, 00:41:
Drunk driver kills a family of four - We blame the driver, not the car or the alcohol.

That same guy shoots his family - we blame the gun instead of the driver.

Logic.

Also, tell me again how banning guns gets rid of violence. I mean Chicago has the some of the strictest gun laws in the country, and also the most shootings. Dozey

When some douche rams his car into a group of protestors, do we talk about banning cars? I know, insert stupid argument about how guns only do one thing! That'll show me!

I agree that banning guns is not a practical solution, from a logistics and legal standpoint. But this is some Grade A Retard logic man, Fox News commenter tier. Right on par with "Reeeee ban all the guns!"

We put all kinds of controls and requirements on dangerous shit, balanced against the need for said shit to be readily available to people. If all the cars vanished tomorrow, what would happen to our economy? There wouldn't be one anymore. If all the civilian guns vanished tomorrow, what would happen to our economy? Nothing unless you're a gun store owner or gun manufacturer or the NRA. So, given the different role firearms and cars play in peoples daily lives, they are going to have a different view on where that balance sits.

Guns, like cars, or pressure cooker bombs, are a force multiplier. The availability of force multipliers increases the ability of a bad guy to do damage. Some require knowledge and planning, others don't. Some can be put in your pocket, others can't. Some can be easily disposed of to hide evidence, others can't.

I'm not suggesting any particular course of action here, but we've got an unacceptably high gun homicide rate in the US (and homicides in general), and tired cliches about banning cars, knives, and sharp rocks probably aren't part of the solution.

21. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 26, 2018, 20:23 NKD

Strider83 wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 18:52:
I love how y'all are all making jokes about this when 3-4 people lost their lives in a state of terror mere hours ago and others are in the hospital wounded. What a world we live in. Pathetic. Grow up.

Hey, dumbass hypocrite, almost 40 people lose their lives to gun violence every day in the US. Why didn't you include the other 36 in your post? Why weren't you on here yesterday scolding us for not taking yesterdays 40 dead seriously?

7. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament [Updated] Aug 26, 2018, 17:23 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2018, 17:05:

These solutions are sufficient to ensure the problem never happens again.

Ban Madden is another option.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2018, 17:02 NKD

RIP John McCain. Spent his entire adult life serving his country. I disagreed with him on, well, almost everything, but he was never near the top of my list of "People who need to get the fuck out of office."

It should have been McConnell.

5. Re: Fatal Shooting at Game Tournament Aug 26, 2018, 16:56 NKD

LA Times is reporting that the shooter was a tournament participant who lost his match and snapped.

My thoughts and prayers are with the NRA and gun manufacturers who will be inconvenienced by these people dying.

News Comments > Pizza Connection 3 Free Weekend
1. Re: Pizza Connection 3 Free Weekend Aug 24, 2018, 23:49 NKD

Pizzagate DLC when?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 24, 2018, 17:22 NKD

VaranDragon wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 16:35:
G.W. Bush was scary. Like really scary. Trump however, for lack of a better word, "trumps" Bush in the scary department. I've spoken with a number of ex-pat american friends who believe that he is literally the harbinger of doom.

Trump's danger is his utter incompetence and the fact that he isn't surrounded by "Lawful Evil" types like Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rove, but rather just spineless yes men who indulge his every childish desire.

If Bush Admin was Lawful Evil, Trump admin is Chaotic Stupid.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 24, 2018, 15:39 NKD

Mad Catz - the world's finest purveyors of Player Two controllers.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2018, 15:08 NKD

Is there anyone who actually drinks alcohol for its "health benefits"?

Alcohol is good for two things: social lubricant, and drowning your sorrows (especially when mixed with opiates and benzos). Not that those aren't important, mind you.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 24, 2018, 14:09 NKD

Ah yes, social media firms silencing millions.

They are doing a pretty piss poor job of it, if so, because these platforms are still wretched hives of scum and villainy.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
21. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 24, 2018, 03:27 NKD

DangerDog wrote on Aug 24, 2018, 01:06:
female cyborg sniper

Unless I'm missing some context to this picture that shows some Adam Jensen shit going on, that just looks like a standard prosthetic. Actually, a little shittier, since it's a claw and by WW2 they had working hand-shaped prosthetics for decades.

Here's a prosthetic from the 16th century.

The prosthetic is actually more realistic than the barbwire cricket bat, the clothes, and the fact that she's a woman, or that someone with a prosthetic is allowed on the front lines at all.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
20. Re: removed Aug 23, 2018, 23:49 NKD

bigspender wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 19:04:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 23, 2018, 20:34.

See now I'm going to be curious forever...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Patches Aug 23, 2018, 19:12 NKD

TheBigVlad wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 18:21:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 17:05:
She's 12... kids are so impressionable at 12.. She might be of lower than average intelligence but it's still a tragedy that she succumbed to her "Friends" peer pressure for this Fire challenge.

Not everyone is born in a good family with good genetics.

Kids that age don't have a good sense of their own mortality. I know I felt invincible at 12. It's dumb, but I feel bad for her. Even without social media, kids have always been challenging each other to do dumb shit, and I don't think that is going to stop anytime soon.

When I was a kid the most dangerous "challenge" I saw was ringing the doorbell of the creepy lady down the street and running. Self-immolation wasn't anywhere on the radar. But maybe it's a regional thing?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 23, 2018, 19:09 NKD

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 17:05:
She's 12... kids are so impressionable at 12.. She might be of lower than average intelligence but it's still a tragedy that she succumbed to her "Friends" peer pressure for this Fire challenge.

Not everyone is born in a good family with good genetics.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think genetics are primarily involved? Vs. parenting, education, peer group etc?

5761 Comments. 289 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo