Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5169 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 4, 2017, 03:59 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 03:41:
I've watched Veronica Mars through twice, and I had no idea who this guy was. RIP dude. A shame you didn't get the help you needed.

Yeah I've seen Veronica Mars as well and didn't recognize him. Supposedly he gave no indication to anyone that he was suffering from depression and had no substance abuse issues. I guess sometimes you can't tell...

We've had a more than our fair share of suicides in my family, but none of them came as much of a shock sadly...

You are being watched.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Runic Closed, Motiga Layoffs
8. Re: Runic Closed, Motiga Layoffs Nov 4, 2017, 01:50 NKD

RIP Runic. They needed to double-down on what made Torchlight 1 so memorable, but instead they went in another direction.

Two of the main guys from Torchlight split off to make Double Damage Games. They made a little space game called Rogue Galaxy which wasn't too shabby for a first outing, and are working on another space game, this one more of a space sim.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Nov 4, 2017, 01:19 NKD

Accurate representations of the game are not what gets eyeballs on your game. Otherwise trailers would just be a list of game features and/or a story prologue. He draws a parallel to movie trailers saying "They don't just play a violent scene from the movie!" No, but they also need to show the trailer on broadcast television. If they didn't have to worry about that, movie trailers would absolutely be less kid-friendly.

Movie trailers are often very poor representations of what's in a film. Showing only the most actiony bits, and scenes that aren't even in the final cut because they make for a good trailer but a shit film.

Marketing material isn't meant to be educational or informative, it's meant to increase sales. It's the job of people who review products and conduct interviews with creators to get us the information we want.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Nov 3, 2017, 20:13 NKD

Stormsinger wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 18:34:

From my own point of view, -anyone- who runs under the banner of a party that argues in court that they're not required to provide fair competitions for their candidates is already disqualified.

At this point, I wouldn't vote for Jon Stewart if he ran as a Democrat.

Well unfortunately we are only presented with two viable choices, and it seems to me that my fellow lefties are more concerned with sticking it to the DNC than to actually regaining any kind of majority.

I'm not sure what is to be accomplished by simply giving up.

You are being watched.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced
6. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 3, 2017, 17:43 NKD

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 17:31:
I need a panel of developers to explain to me how Anduin went from a naive, uncertain boy king to God emperor in such little time. His father rallied him when he picked up Shalamayne but jesus christ dude shows up in a mountain of literal plot armor and is now a bonafide Paladin taking on Sylvanas.

Reminds me of how Yrel went from a student of Velen mining rocks as a slave to High Exarch of the light in like a month.

Blizzard Story (TM)

Seriously their shit has about as much depth as an episode of DBZ.

You are being watched.

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 16:36 NKD

Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 16:23:
Which is also why I said here a few days ago I think the DNC is still in trouble next election. There's nobody. Nobody.

Nobody might be a bit of an exaggeration. Kirsten Gillibrand, Tulsi Gabbard, Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris. Maybe Caroline Kennedy? If Stephen Colbert or The Rock actually run in 2020 rather than just joke about it, I think they'd be very serious contenders, despite the gimmickry of it.

I mean, if Trump can become President, you truly don't need any qualifications, just the ability to appeal to a large segment of the population.

Frankly I think our best bet to be rid of Trump is for someone less batshit insane to primary his ass. I'd vote (R) if the candidate wasn't Trump and wasn't completely repugnant, if the Democrats didn't have anything to offer.

You are being watched.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 15:40 NKD

DangerDog wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 15:30:
meanwhile crooked Hillary is confirmed crooked.

thank you donna brazile for confirming what everyone with a brain already knew.

Don't worry man, I'm sure your boy Trump will get around to "locking her up" eventually. Or maybe he'll just continue to bitch and moan on Twitter about shit instead of actually doing something about it.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Nioh: Complete Edition Has Incomplete Controls (No Mouse)
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 3, 2017, 11:51 NKD

Hahahahaha.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
11. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 10:34 NKD

VR isn't dead so much as in its infancy. The tech is there now thanks to Oculus and HTC/Valve but the price to actually get a working VR setup keeps it from reaching adoption levels that would allow more (and bigger budget) titles to be made.  

You are being watched.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 10:31 NKD

Departing Twitter Employee 2020  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Nov 3, 2017, 01:14 NKD

Yeah we'll sink that bitch. 'MURICA! CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN COAL.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials
2. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 2, 2017, 23:36 NKD

Yeah all the money Valve makes goes right into Gabens pockets.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Morning Patches
6. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 15:06 NKD

This AC Origins patch fixed the performance slowdowns I was getting in cities and cutscenes.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
30. Re: Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 09:48 NKD

Looks like a patch dropped for Origins. My framerates seem more stable now, personally. But I haven't done any proper testing or anything.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
15. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 2, 2017, 03:14 NKD

NamecaF wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 00:44:
What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Last I checked that only applies to the justice system, and no one here is calling for Kevin Spacey to be locked up. At least that I've seen.

Innocent until proven guilty has never applied to the rest of life. Accusations have always come with consequences that aren't contingent on a conviction in a court of law. Yeah, sometimes false accusations are going to fuck someone up, and it sucks, but that's how it's always been and how it will always be.

It's society's way of dealing with scumbags who have good lawyers. No lawyer can save your reputation.

Also it's accusations of like 3 or 4 men at this point.

You are being watched.

News Comments > Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins
15. Re: Re: Ubisoft Denies Denuvo Slowing Assassin's Creed: Origins Nov 2, 2017, 02:17 NKD

Basically after a string of Denuvo-protected games getting cracked instantly, the pirates ran into issues with this particular combination of VMProtect and Denuvo. Now the rumor is spreading that it's causing massive performance issues or something, the sole source being a pirate working on cracking it.

The thing is, the only thing they've shown is that the DRM exists and does something. They haven't proved that the instructions its calling are computationally expensive, or even to what percentage of the CPU time is being spent on it. There are literally no numbers from the original source, so who knows where the 30-40% CPU usage came from.

It's just dumb speculation. It's a CPU bound game and the slowdown is in crowded areas, regardless of your graphical settings. So I imagine there's some performance issue with large numbers of NPCs that will get patched.

You are being watched.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 1, 2017, 18:14 NKD

Need that Train Sim DLC.  

You are being watched.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 17:44 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 14:12:
Trump Accuses Clinton of Deliberately Losing Election So He Could Be Impeached

Bad (or sick!) woman!

You are being watched.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Nov 1, 2017, 17:41 NKD

Clickbait titles are especially infuriating when you know people aren't going read the article.  

You are being watched.

5169 Comments. 259 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo