Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5118 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
46. Re: removed Nov 17, 2017, 17:18 NKD

Look at these REMOVED posts. Special snowflake DangerDog can't handle his opinion being criticised and has to get it removed. Just like his hero Donald Trump. Grow a pair, Cletus.  

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Launches
39. removed Nov 17, 2017, 16:43 NKD

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 17, 2017, 17:12.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 17, 2017, 00:04 NKD

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 19:54:
Authorized Operator of the Pentagonís Twitter Account 2020

I'm voting for that Departing Twitter Employee/Pentagon Twitter Operator 2020 ticket.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed
4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed Nov 16, 2017, 23:59 NKD

Rilcon wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 18:32:
If you ever feel the need to use any of the paid lootboxes you're probably so bad at this game you quit in the first hour. The game drops loads of them for any of the online stuff, and you're rewarded so much money during normal gameplay that the UI doesn't even allow you to spend it all.

I get that there's a stink and a scare over the mere mention of the term "loot box", but this isn't the game where they're a problem.

Gotta agree. I've felt zero pressure to buy any loot boxes. I mean, what would be the point? It isn't going to enable any gameplay I can't already do. The Captains and weapons being random is less effective than just going out and finding a Captain I like and dropping a SUFFER ME NOW on his face, or killing the appropriate Captain type to get the weapon I want.

The core gameplay just doesn't make the lootboxes an attractive option.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed Nov 16, 2017, 11:46 NKD

Good shit. Looking forward to that harder difficulty. Once you get the hang of the combat in Shadow of War, it's still a bit too easy, even though the difficulty is definitely upped from the first game. The Nemesis system is a lot more fun when you get your ass beat on occasion, and it feels kind of shit to intentionally feed some guy.  

News Comments > Agents of Mayhem Safeword Agent Pack
1. Re: Agents of Mayhem Safeword Agent Pack Nov 16, 2017, 04:09 NKD

I don't understand why they didn't just make this a proper Saints Row game if they are gonna shove all the characters in there.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2017, 22:08 NKD

It's dangerous to allow a barely trained ape to operate a motor vehicle in the first place.

The funniest part of "Distracted Driving" laws is that there is no other kind of driving involving humans. I've started attempting mindfulness meditation recently, and I've discovered humans are absurdly bad at focusing their attention. Even keeping my thoughts focused on a single thing for 5-10 seconds is a Herculean task.

News Comments > Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Released
2. Re: Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Released Nov 14, 2017, 21:23 NKD

Yep... this is garbage. Just play Stardew Valley or something.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 14, 2017, 21:11 NKD

Is browser performance anything more than a technical dickwagging contest between programmers? I mean my browser hasn't had trouble rendering pages instantly since like... 1995. (Netscape Navigator ftw.)  

News Comments > Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up
32. Re: Another Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Follow-up Nov 14, 2017, 20:23 NKD

Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 20:06:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 10:26:
The uproar over this is a bit ridiculous...I mean even a shitty loot system is better than spending 70$ on a season pass where the DLCs divide the player base.

I've played the beta plus the 10h trial and I don't think it's as bad as people say...again tho, I'm comparing this versus a season pass.

I'd much rather they put in a season pass than put in gambling, but it's not an either/or situation. They both suck.

Is this gambling? I thought this was just a grinding system.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2017, 20:18 NKD

Looks like that shooting story has been updated a few times since originally posted in this thread.

4 people killed, 2 children injured, across apparently SEVEN different crime scenes. Basically, he just drove around his town randomly shooting people. Weapons used were a semiautomatic rifle and two handguns.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: 18 countries had their elections hacked last year Nov 14, 2017, 14:47 NKD

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 13:34:
17 by the US?

Probably. Russia is only #2 at hacking elections.

It's interesting though how our Electoral College makes us so vulnerable to interference from other countries. Trump won the election by a margin of like 80,000 votes that just happened to swing the EC in his direction. Despite losing the popular vote by millions.

Hacking millions of votes would be difficult, but a few strategic hacks combined with targeted propaganda? Much easier. And the EC lets that decide the election.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 13, 2017, 00:20 NKD

Yeah that SESTA shit is nuts and even experts on sex trafficking say it's way misguided.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2017, 16:47 NKD

Saw this bumper sticker on reddit, thought people here would appreciate.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2017, 17:26 NKD

jdreyer wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 13:39:

Seriously, is there any industry not consolidating into a monopoly? So much for our vaunted "free" market system.

I don't think I could name one that hasn't suffered huge amounts of consolidation off the top of my head. Even many industries that appear to have a lot of competing brands are actually consolidated to hell and the brands are owned by the same small group of companies.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 11, 2017, 13:58 NKD

swedishfriend wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 11:07:
Louis CK hasn't been accused of any crimes, not even predatory behavior.

Who cares? He did something inappropriate that virtually anyone would find disgusting, he admitted he did it. You'd have to be legendarily mentally retarded to think hiring the guy or putting his name next to yours would be a good idea at this point.

I don't know why so many people seem to think that you have to be convicted of a crime before people are allowed to think you're a piece of shit.

25. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2017, 13:45 NKD

Yeah... if you've got a 960, buying a 1050 Ti is a waste of money, it's barely faster.

EDIT: Derp, that's already been pointed out apparently.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Expansion Released
4. Re: The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs Expansion Released Nov 11, 2017, 02:03 NKD

Creston wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 00:51:
I told my wife how you can run a vet clinic in this, and she immediately went "Oooohh! Can we get it?!"

I never learn.

You utter fool.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 10, 2017, 21:00 NKD

It's a fair assessment of VR, IMHO.

Right now, all the pieces are in place, it's just too expensive still. The limited audience limits what developers can make. As they point out in the article, it's hard to do a multiplayer community when the VR player base is still small.

After messing with my friends Vive, it's hard to play a sim or racing game without it. But sims and racing games are a niche genre, and with the headsets still being expensive, that's not going to make it hit critical mass.

The lower they can get the total cost of ownership, the faster VR will take off.

News Comments > Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Released
3. Re: Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Released Nov 10, 2017, 17:48 NKD

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 12:49:
They cobble this together to try and ride the AC: Origins hype? No thanks, lol.

That's what I was thinking... convenient timing.

5118 Comments. 256 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo