Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for NKD

Real Name NKD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname NKD
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 3, 2007, 17:05
Total Comments 5929 (Guru)
User ID 43041

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
109. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2019, 23:55 NKD

I remember when you got the guy. Sorry for your loss. Rest in peace doggo!  

Arrest the President, you got the evidence.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2019, 01:06 NKD

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Mar 19, 2019, 18:29:
White conservative males are the real oppressed victims?

Two words. Captain Marvel!

Captain Marvel is a conservative male?

News Comments > System Shock 3 Teaser Trailer
12. Re: System Shock 3 Teaser Trailer Mar 19, 2019, 22:10 NKD

SHODAN!  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 19, 2019, 21:20 NKD

RIP HardOCP  

News Comments > Google Announces Stadia, Their Streaming Service
32. Re: Google Announces Stadia, Their Streaming Service Mar 19, 2019, 18:53 NKD

This is going to be a great thing for casual gamers who only spend an hour or two every couple days on the service, that way their data cap doesn't get used up. I have a brother who games rarely and he's pretty hyped about this.  

News Comments > Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans
36. Re: Apex Legends Cheaters Hit With Permanent Hardware Bans Mar 18, 2019, 15:13 NKD

Paragon of Virtue wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 14:59:
I'm not in the loop, but HOW do these cheaters cheat?

Are they hacking the game? What's going on? How are they able to cheat in the first place? If it's a security issue, maybe Relic should lock down their code/servers better?

I'm genuinely curious. All these news bites about cheaters being banned, and not a lot of information on how/what the cheating entails. Someone clue an old man in! :-)

Sometimes it's just a code issue that can be resolved. Other times, there are performance costs to having server-side checks for certain things, usually relating to movement, aiming, shooting, etc. In other words, things that need to happen quickly and in real-time and still feel good even with a little bit of lag. So for these things the game trusts the client to an extent, which is an opening for a cheat program to alter things.

There's not much you can do about these things without ruining your gameplay. So it becomes an arms race based not on preventing the cheats from being functional, but detecting the cheats and banning the offenders. On the other side, cheat makers have to redo their stuff to try and avoid detection.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Beyond Announced
43. Re: Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 16, 2019, 04:21 NKD

Kxmode wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 23:22:
His recompense is for me to CONSTANTLY remind people of what he did so that now and years from now they won't forget.

That sounds more like you're paying recompense, not him. This obsession only hurts you, not him.

34. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 15, 2019, 20:03 NKD

Kxmode wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 16:19:
NKD wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 13:56:
Next and the subsequent updates were really solid additions. I have no doubt this one will be, as well. Whatever Sean Murray said/did in the past, it's the past. He can't change it, no one can. As long as he and his team do right by the customers going forward, they are doing the most they can.

A person who committed a crime 50 years ago is still guilty today even if they are now an upstanding citizen with a family and a good paying job (I guarantee the victim(s) of the offense still seek justice). Sean Murray's "crime" is he deliberately lied to millions to sell a sham product he knew would not have the things touted. He built his empire on a foundation of lies. There's no justification for any of it just because No Man's Sky has reached its current state.

As you know, I'm not religious, but I was raised a Christian and was taught to forgive people who wrong me, lest a grudge poison my soul. Even though I've been an atheist for decades now, I've kept that principle. No one can erase their past wrongs, and obsessing over it would serve no purpose.

16. Re: No Man's Sky Beyond Announced Mar 15, 2019, 13:56 NKD

Next and the subsequent updates were really solid additions. I have no doubt this one will be, as well. Whatever Sean Murray said/did in the past, it's the past. He can't change it, no one can. As long as he and his team do right by the customers going forward, they are doing the most they can.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2019, 17:39 NKD

Lady Gaga?! That must have cost a pretty fucking penny. Homegirl has more trophies than I can count.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 11, 2019, 01:58 NKD

Plot twist: The robot then aimed a toilet plunger looking thing at the guy.  

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 9, 2019, 03:54 NKD

El Pit wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 02:10:
NKD wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 01:11:
Jan-Michael Vincent had a rough life. I'm surprised he made it to 74. He drank and snorted away a really promising career, got into a drunk driving accident and broke his neck which fucked up his ability to speak, and at some point got an infection which caused him to lose a leg.

If you look at one of his most recent interviews you can see how little was left of him. Managed to keep a marriage going until the end though...

I had to stop watching the interview when they asked him about his visit to Australia. I couldn't stand watching him struggling for words and trying to remember - it was too sad seeing him like this. It seems he was responsible for his own downfall but he definitely paid for it a big price. Damn.

Yeah it was tough to watch. I hope his last few years were kind to him.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Mar 9, 2019, 01:11 NKD

Jan-Michael Vincent had a rough life. I'm surprised he made it to 74. He drank and snorted away a really promising career, got into a drunk driving accident and broke his neck which fucked up his ability to speak, and at some point got an infection which caused him to lose a leg.

If you look at one of his most recent interviews you can see how little was left of him. Managed to keep a marriage going until the end though...

News Comments > RAPE DAY Steam Listing
16. Re: RAPE DAY Steam Listing Mar 4, 2019, 23:34 NKD

When you're Gaben, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab em by the pussy.  

News Comments > More PUBG Anti-Cheat Efforts
46. Re: More PUBG Anti-Cheat Efforts Feb 26, 2019, 18:20 NKD

Don't really like governments just swooping in and arresting people based on what some corporation wants, but thats how they roll in China and these dudes probably knew that going in.  

News Comments > Anthem Reviews
11. Re: Anthem Reviews Feb 22, 2019, 13:20 NKD

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2019, 13:12:
Andromeda is a substantially better game than Anthem is. Which is just maddening. If they had put THIS kind of effort for performance capture into Andromeda, and had put this combat into Andromeda, Andromeda would likely have been the best Mass Effect yet. :\

Yep. Super annoying that they half-assed Andromeda just so they could make this less fun game. Mass Effect IP deserves better than that.

News Comments > Anthem Reviews
9. Re: Anthem Reviews Feb 22, 2019, 13:09 NKD

Worse reviews than Andromeda by like a full 10 points, and Andromeda was a last minute re-development rush job by a B-team.  

News Comments > Space Engineers Launches Next week
6. Re: Space Engineers Launches Next week Feb 21, 2019, 01:57 NKD

The game has been, for years, more playable than most Early Access games when they come out of EA. I had even forgotten this was still in Early Access.  

News Comments > Paradox and Microsoft Launch Paradox Mods
3. Re: Paradox and Microsoft Launch Paradox Mods Feb 20, 2019, 13:39 NKD

Mods are pretty essential to Paradox games, not surprised to see them expand modding to consoles.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 20, 2019, 05:58 NKD

shiho wrote on Feb 20, 2019, 01:17:

What an embarrassment you people have become.

A lot less embarrassing than getting offended on behalf of Fox News.

5929 Comments. 297 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo