Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 527 (Apprentice)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Gold - S.C.S. Dangerous Waters
2. Re: No subject Feb 1, 2005, 08:20 Bard

i've been trying to write a review for it, but i feel i cannot do it justice as my knowledge of the areas it touches are sparse at best.

it's a very rewarding naval simulator/wargame and multiplayer is a lot deeper than most games.

Bard - Editor - http://www.diesimfanboi.com

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More WoW Free Time
33. Re: So much for Blizzard's Jan 20, 2005, 12:13 Bard

the ISSUE is that blizzard made the mistake of thinking that people would understand 'please join low population servers' and actually... join low population servers.

when my friends and i decided we wanted to play together, we all created characters on a low population server and the only downtime we have had has been with scheduled maintenance that has lasted a couple of hours at most.

in retrospect it would have been wiser to force people to be unable to join servers deemed 'full'. people would still have bitched about it but the bitching then would be less than the bitching now.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. wow... Dec 12, 2004, 19:39 Bard

I had one of these about, 20 years ago? maybe 25?

ot was yellow then, and no folding stock, but the rest of it is identical.

wonder whatever happened to it...

News Comments > Morning Preview
1. let's... Dec 7, 2004, 17:06 Bard

...hope it's a finished product this time around.

.... and we get a patch for lockon that fixes what is still broken in the original.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 17:07.

News Comments > Pacific Fighters/Forgotten Battles Patches
2. Re: ver 3.02 Dec 7, 2004, 15:59 Bard

ok.. this looks like the beta stuff? is this official?

News Comments > Op Ed - EA Responds
4. Re: Hmmm... Dec 3, 2004, 21:42 Bard

'not that we didn't want to pay the extra money'....

lol.. probably sent that in email because it would be impossible to say that with a straight face.

News Comments > Op Ed - EA Responds
1. Rusty.... Dec 3, 2004, 13:29 Bard

no amount of obfuscation changes a simple matter.

stop allowing the marketing department to dictate development schedules, and expecting the devs to take up the slack created by understaffing.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Terrorist Takedown
15. Re: No subject Nov 11, 2004, 19:11 Bard

Rictor, try cruising around the gamespy network, all the armed forces sponsored 'competitions' where you put in your name, address and age.

i suppose that gets around schools and parents refusing to allow recruiters access to their children's details.

of course, gamespy didn't respond to my queries regarding this.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Terrorist Takedown
14. No subject Nov 11, 2004, 19:09 Bard

wish we could insert some clue into the developers - maybe they could have created something of worth instead of vile shit like this.

dickheads.

202. Re: R.I.P. America Nov 3, 2004, 15:10 Bard

Halsy

You know it, I know it, the rest of the civilized world knows it, but until the US media starts telling the truth those too lazy to bother finding the truth themselves are going to believe the bullshit they're fed.

You're best not addressing the 'crazies' as Colin Powell calls them directly, they only get excited.

199. Sorry for you young americans Nov 3, 2004, 14:59 Bard

I sincerely hope that all of them that i play games online with aren't drafted within the next few years for Cheney's war.

From someone who knows that friends dying in combat is more than just words.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Pacific Fighters
8. Re: Triple Whammy Oct 26, 2004, 17:47 Bard

he said that there's been a trend in il2 where more and more people playing online are using pirated versions of the game, and have surmised that this will affect sales of PF, and possibly put BoB in jepoardy.

I for one, would REALLY like to know where the data for that came from in the first place, since there's no key or auth system within the sim. I think it's more 'if it's available online it MUST be hurting sales', and i wouldn't be suprised if it was the copy protection pimps spreading the doom and gloom.

http://www.diesimfanboi.com has an article that's related to this.

News Comments > Dawn of War Chat Log
5. going to be a classic. Oct 7, 2004, 16:17 Bard

i think they got the balance perfect, no babysitting peons etc.

so much fun

ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS

News Comments > Help Wanted
2. Re: No subject Oct 1, 2004, 18:37 Bard

bongfish eh?

must be mac users

News Comments > Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Patch
18. Great Multiplayer Sep 28, 2004, 13:56 Bard

single player is very lacking, but to be honest, i can't remember completing the single player component of ANY rts game i've ever had that had a multiplayer component.

the ork and eldar 'methodologies' for their advancement are awesome. they fall in line with the culture in the TT game. orks in particular rock 'orks orks orks orks'

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War
22. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2004, 15:00 Bard

"I have no idea why this game got 5 stars from Gamespy or why people are so looking forward to it. I played through the single player demo. The graphics are only average, and the camera control is atrocious - couple that with not being able to zoom out far out to get a good overview of the battlefield and you get a game that isn't fun."

because you haven't played multiplayer yet

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War
21. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2004, 14:58 Bard

yes, there is quite a bit less micromanaging - which in my mind is a good thing, i prefer tactical thinking being more important than mouse dexterity.

you are controlling squads rather than units, and you can customize those squads, your thought goes into building a cohesive force of mixed arms. having this mixed force with different abilities dictates the way they can be used to deal with any given situation. it's how you manage your force as a whole that determines whether you win or lose.

in the beta, those people who just threw their stuff into battle like in most other rts's found themselves clobbered by the people who used combined arms tactics. using the map features to help is also a great change - even relatively wimpy units can do a lot of damage to the enemy if they are in hard cover, and are more likely to stay cool.

this is a great game, no doubt about it

looking forward to seeing some fresh meat online

News Comments > Dawn of War Demo
9. Finally - 40K gets a good game Sep 9, 2004, 13:34 Bard

if you're an rts fan - get it
if you're a 40k fan - get it
if you like to see pansy elves crushed in the powerfists of a dreadnought - get it

a nice fresh and GREAT rts game.
(just an opinion from a beta tester and old school 40K player)

News Comments > DOOM 3 Midnight Madness
27. ignore the naysayers... Aug 2, 2004, 16:06 Bard

doom3 does what it sets out to do - give you a cinematic horror movie experience much like alien2.

the graphics are superb, the sounds are superb, the gameplay is typical FPS fare. If you enjoyed halflife or red faction, you'll love this game.

the gameplay is exactly what you would expect for a marine stuck in a research facility that's going to hell - carnage, scary, FUN - but mostly scary.

if you're looking for a superb single player fps with immersion this is it.

News Comments > Ground Control II Ships, Patch
15. Re: Patch fixs Jun 23, 2004, 14:59 Bard

you call in reinforcements during the game that arrive by dropship.

there is a skirmish mode.

527 Comments. 27 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo