Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 554 (Apprentice)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Trailer
16. Re: Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Trailer Feb 28, 2010, 18:12 Bard

skyguy wrote on Feb 28, 2010, 13:35:
As I said, I'll download a crack as soon as it is released, and if I do experience any issues I'll be making use of it. Think I'm going to lose my job as Ubisoft's official spokesman over that?

depends on whether your job is damage control

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Trailer Feb 28, 2010, 13:23 Bard

you can guarantee? you an official spokesman? sounds like it.

Only the ignorant takes on belief that UBI won't experience problems or that they intend to spend money on the servers supporting the authentication in perpetuity.

this DRM is stupid, and WILL have issues due to it's scheme.

11. Re: Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Trailer Feb 28, 2010, 11:00 Bard

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Feb 27, 2010, 21:45:
and nothing like a NAZI sub sim to boot---sink those Unarmed Merchant Vessels and Ocean Liners like the S.S. Athenia--sweet!

What an incredibly historically ignorant comment. Kriegsmarine <> Nazi - that would be like saying the US Marines were Democrats.

7. Re: Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Trailer Feb 27, 2010, 19:20 Bard

skyguy wrote on Feb 27, 2010, 19:06:
If I were talking about some generic game of some generic genre like Assassins Creed 2, I wouldn't even think about buying it with such a restrictive DRM scheme. But there's never been a game quite like SH5 before (see the preview, a submarine simulation with RPG elements!), I'm going to love every minute of it.

If I can't play a game when I have no internet connection available (using an alienware laptop and I usually play Silent Hunter when I am on my commute) then I simply am not buying it.

Way to treat your consumers like criminals UBI - how about you put a bracelet on my ankle too?

6. Re: Silent Hunter 5: Battle of the Atlantic Trailer Feb 27, 2010, 19:15 Bard

anyawow wrote on Feb 27, 2010, 15:11:
I was looking forward to picking this up. But, sadly, since they have implemented the most customer hostile DRM ever invented, I will not be supporting them.

Bummer - I WAS going to buy it too.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 20, 2010, 09:07 Bard

hmm... assinine comment Verno.

I would assume if he paid the same as the consolers - and the consolers got it for free that the PC users should too.

That would only be FAIR to the consumer, and I am sure the developer realises it's not about THEM but about US - any developer with an attitude the other way around shouldn't be in a consumer oriented business.

News Comments > Why Shooters Need Dedicated Servers
21. why is this even being discussed? Jan 5, 2010, 17:50 Bard

Dedicated servers are needed to create a stable and fair environment.

It was utter stupidity that led to MW2 not having a dedicated server for PC.

It had to be a decision made by some completely clueless idiot.. probably someone in Marketing that wanted it released for XMAS 2009.

News Comments > ARMA II Hotfix
28. Re: ARMA II Hotfix Dec 26, 2009, 12:31 Bard

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 25, 2009, 17:46:
ArmA 2 has evolved in almost all areas.

It doesn't take much to evolve from the complete piece of crap it was on release.

How's the AI now?

News Comments > ARMA II Hotfix
27. Re: ARMA II Hotfix Dec 26, 2009, 12:27 Bard

hmm.. is it just me or are the 'guerilla marketing' department here gushing about just how good this game is?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 18, 2009, 15:51 Bard

Iranian Cyber Army my arse.

dollars to doughnuts it's more of Israeli intel's shennanigans as part of their propaganda war against Iran.

News Comments > Borderlands Patch Plans [Updated]
5. Re: Borderlands Patch Plans Dec 13, 2009, 19:08 Bard

Pity the game reviewing media completely MISSED just how CRAP the multiplayer code is.

Three of us tried playing on a LAN - couldn't even see each other's games - between us we have about 60 years of IT support experience and yet... couldn't play. Ridiculous.

@Steel - it's not continued support - they havent even gotten the game into acceptable retail release state yet!

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2009, 19:10.

News Comments > Wings of Prey Beta
1. Re: Wings of Prey Beta Dec 4, 2009, 17:39 Bard

don't they mean ww2 combat arcade game?  

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Nov 20, 2009, 16:40 Bard

Privacy concerns?

I can't help but think some people haven't clued in that the warrantless wiretapping debacle exposed that we don't HAVE privacy.

News Comments > Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 Announced
3. Re: Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.0 Announced Nov 18, 2009, 11:19 Bard

Wonder if it'll still have starforce.

News Comments > Borderlands Patch
7. Re: Borderlands Patch Nov 17, 2009, 10:57 Bard

So - didn't fix multiplayer connectivity yet?

Didn't add push to talk?

Haven't overhauled the interface to make it as pleasant as stabbing yourself in the balls with a fork?

I get the distinct impression that 'it kinda works, it's good enough' is good enough for the developer.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Strike Fighters 2 Israel
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Strike Fighters 2 Israel Oct 19, 2009, 16:50 Bard

<Sarcasm>
Missions include:

*Dropping cluster bombs and white phosphorous on civilians and UN personnel on preset coordinates
*Ripple two bombs into a mosque to make it look like the second explosion is a secondary and use it to tell the world the palestinians were storing weapons there
*U.S.S. Liberty 2.0 - bombing of an American warship but blame Lebanon

</sarcasm>

Israel - Lying, Killing and Stealing since 1948.

News Comments > Gamers for Digital Rights
9. Re: Gamers for Digital Rights Oct 1, 2009, 15:05 Bard

DRM is not compatible with Consumer rights most of the time.

Account - Key - Online - Authentication.

That's all that is needed. None of the crapware like starforce that introduces kernel vulnerabilities or any other DRIVER that interferes with your computer.

Valve does it right. Though Stardock does it better with none.

News Comments > Safety Dance
5. Re: Safety Dance Sep 25, 2009, 01:37 Bard

It's irrelevant what they 'could' get - we all have a right to PRIVACY.

That includes what we buy and where we buy it.

Any corrupt employee (yes, you can trust everyone who has access to data eh?) or anyone else if the data is leaked can use this sort of information to determine your regular patterns, or other patterns.

For instance one of my clients went on an overseas trip - while he was away a crime syndicate forged his identity and bought all the hardware necessary to set up a grow op. It was determined by the local authorities that this was done by someone who had access to enough computer records to not only know a large amount of data on him and his family but enough to have a new credit card issued at exactly the same time he was travelling overseas.

Data is NEVER safe - Personal data accumulated by governments IS a target because it is valuable. People screw up and not everyone with 'legal' access to the data is trustworthy.

The best way to prevent abuse is to remove the mechanism that gathers it in the first place.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. WW2 online is still going? Sep 2, 2009, 00:59 Bard

I have a box from when it first came out gathering dust .. from oh... MANY years ago.

I like my products working - especially ones I have to pay money to play and WW2OL never worked as far as I was concerned.

Maybe if they do another welcome back soldier type of thing i'll give it another go but it's kind of pathetic that it's 8 years later and i'm still waiting for a quality product.

News Comments > Steam ARMA II Patch
6. Re: Steam ARMA II Patch Aug 16, 2009, 11:28 Bard

hardcore=willing to put up with bugs that would be unacceptable in any other piece of software.

You can always count on eastern european and russian developers to shovel unfinished shit out the door and abandon it before completing it.

554 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo