Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 554 (Apprentice)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > PT Boats South Gambit Announced
4. Re: PT Boats South Gambit Announced Oct 13, 2010, 16:39 Bard

4th'ed!!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Oct 7, 2010, 12:53 Bard

hmm.. "in its current state A-10C Warthog is very much a Beta product and there are quite a few bugs to still stomp out".

I wonder how many of those bugs are ones that have carried over from past iterations of this engine that we've been dealing with ever since... Flanker2.

I am not confident that all that much has changed in attitude on part of the developer - but hopefully this product will prove me wrong.

News Comments > The Bible Online Beta
46. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 7, 2010, 10:53 Bard

Prez wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 18:50:
Bard wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 17:36:
Prez wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 15:19:
This sounds like a griefers paradise. How many obnoxious atheists are going to sign up just annoy the Christians incessantly?

Unlikely any - religion is something the religious care about - not aetheists.

Have you ever been here for a religious discussion? (Take a look at this thread to see the vitriol a simple Bible game announcement generates) I have a hard time believing that the atheists and anti-religious posters here "don't care about religion". Religiously themed topics will often exceed a hundred posts, and the majority of those are NOT by Christians or religious people from what I've seen.

As pretentious as Christians usually are, they have nothing on the militant atheist crowd, who constantly drub you over the head with their opinions whether they are on topic or not.

Militant aetheists? I've never heard of such a thing.

I look at today's news and modern history and I see Militant Zionism in the Israeli murder, theft and ethnic cleansing of Palestine (not to mention Israel's attack on the US during 9/11, their attack on the USS Liberty, their bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon and their complete control of the US government), Militant Christianity being used within the military in the US invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq to foster hatred for the people who live in the countries invaded.

I don't see any invasions or mass murders in the name of aetheism, only religion.

I think the average aetheist would simply like to finish dinner without having to answer the door when some christian group comes a-knockin after being told to go away repeatedly. God's telemarketers, you can never get rid of

News Comments > Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned
16. Re: Borderlands Level Cap Raise Planned Sep 7, 2010, 10:31 Bard

Lord Tea wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 16:51:
Borderlands is the best FPS in a long time imo.

You must be playing some other version. I found it to be repetitive, clunky and a big disappointment.

Did they ever fix the net code so no firewall mappings and other fiddling is required?

TF2 is still the best multiplayer FPS out there. Simply a masterpiece.

News Comments > The Bible Online Beta
14. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 6, 2010, 17:36 Bard

Prez wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 15:19:
This sounds like a griefers paradise. How many obnoxious atheists are going to sign up just annoy the Christians incessantly?

Unlikely any - religion is something the religious care about - not aetheists.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed May 28, 2010, 09:40 Bard

I go to metacritic and look for the lowest scores - and read why the rater gave them a low score.

I find that in these days of developer and publisher dishonesty, fanboyism and just plain cluelessness the only place I can find an accurate take on a game is to look at the reasons for low scores and determine if the reasons mentioned are reasonable.

News Comments > DCS: Black Shark Patch
5. Re: DCS: Black Shark Patch May 17, 2010, 16:19 Bard

Rigs wrote on May 16, 2010, 19:31:
Definitely the final nail in Longbow2's coffin... Smash

GETTING longbow2 running on modern hardware is the nail in its coffin - not this product.

News Comments > Lock-On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Patch
3. Re: Lock-On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Patch May 13, 2010, 09:22 Bard

"I don't understand, though, why everytime they issue a patch for Lock-On, Flaming Cliffs or Black Shark, it breaks the previous versions replays..."

... Eagle Dynamics...

News Comments > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer
5. Re: ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Trailer May 10, 2010, 15:31 Bard

Pity the developer has a consistent reputation for not finishing their products before moving onto new payware.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: Legal Briefs Apr 9, 2010, 10:50 Bard

Pirating acceptable?

Piracy is a great way to determine if a product is WORTH buying.

There's precious few (if any) honesty in gaming reviews and most 'reviews' by 'players' are guerilla marketing.

It's a pity that the only way a consumer can get around publisher dishonesty is to pirate.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Mar 29, 2010, 00:23 Bard

Rigs wrote on Mar 28, 2010, 11:59:
The only reason it uses starfucking anyways is because this is a Russian game and for one reason or another Russians favor it.

You have any hard data to back that up or are you just being ignorant?

That about sums it up. Fools like you drag down everyone.

Whatever...I don't feel like wasting my time trying to bring facts into an argument where everyone else sees fit to just call names and go with the status quo. 'Oh, STARFORCE! Oh NOES!! Not on my machine, keep it away!' Rolleyes

Pathetic...

=-Rigs-=

It's about not supporting anything that is RELIANT on external infrastructure. Where there is infrastructure there are problems.

This approach has the potential of suckage. Until there's a version without this approach no sale.

If you want to give people crap about coming forth and saying 'i am not buying it because of the DRM' then that really is your problem.

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Mar 29, 2010, 00:19 Bard

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 28, 2010, 00:50:
Starforce, urg, sucks we get it. However these are excellent games..

LOL who are you kidding?!!!

Based on what?!

Maybe this time is different - I don't know. I hope so.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Mar 29, 2010, 00:17 Bard

zirik wrote on Mar 27, 2010, 18:15:
the game is still starfucked. no buy from me.

I'll wait for an unfucked version.

News Comments > EA Server Outage
31. Re: EA Server Outage Mar 11, 2010, 13:48 Bard

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 11, 2010, 13:18:

you're kidding right? i smell a shill in here somewhere. and it's a blast!

Don't they go down for maint every Tuesday?

So far every day i've tried to play EA has had some issue that's stopped me playing the game.

News Comments > EA Server Outage
30. Re: EA Server Outage Mar 11, 2010, 13:47 Bard

elefunk wrote on Mar 11, 2010, 10:58:
Darks wrote on Mar 11, 2010, 10:25:
Believe it or not, this is no better that Ubis bullshit DRM. This is why I am so against this kind of service from any publisher. Fricking relying on their login server just to play the game. I feel like Iím a little kid being told what to do with my own toys.
Except for, you know, the teensy little unimportant fact that the required internet connection actually has a reason in Bad Company 2,

Yeah - to connect to servers to play.

What SHOULDN'T be required are:
*having to connect to a server online to retrieve a server list when you already know the IP address of where you want to play
*being UNABLE to play multi at all if their servers are down.

You should be able to direct connect to a server of your choice via IP - even if your unlocks are unavailable - when the EA servers are down.

The approach was nothing more than 'lets make it hard for the pirates' without thinking 'how's this going to screw our customers'

There's NO excuse and it's the last time EA sees a dime of my money - not because of the downtime - but because of the POLICIES that will ensure that the same sort of crap happens in future.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server Fixes Follow-up
27. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server Fixes Follow-up Mar 8, 2010, 17:05 Bard

NicklePop wrote on Mar 8, 2010, 14:46:
Amazing game, loving every minute of it.

If you like gaming, get BFBC2.

Unless you don't like spending 10 minutes attempting to get into a game.

26. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server Fixes Follow-up Mar 8, 2010, 17:03 Bard

Verno wrote on Mar 8, 2010, 12:42:
In this case I don't think it's so much capacity as it is actual problems with the dedicated server and clients.

The problem is that they've designed their game to put a lot of the features that would normally be client side on the server side - purely to make it more difficult for the warez guys to make a fully functional cracked game to play on private servers.

This 'shift' of processing from local to server hosted has made it require a shitload more capacity on their end - which they didn't/don't have.

In the end the pirates who wouldn't have bought the game are not playing it while those of us who DID pay money for the game are suffering with it taking forever to get into a game online.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Last EA game I buy. There's plenty of games out there that don't treat their paying customers as criminals.

25. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server Fixes Follow-up Mar 8, 2010, 16:59 Bard

Still can't add a server to favorites
Still can't add friends

AT least I can play now - even though I used to be able to play games after pressing shift+run/stop and pressing play on tape on my old commodore 64... loading data... stupid.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix
23. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 19:18 Bard

DangerDog wrote on Mar 4, 2010, 13:15:
These are just "smoke and mirror" fixes, they need to buckle down and really fix the game by releasing a patch for the client.

for starters they can implement a regional filter to the server browser so you don't see UK servers unless you live in the UK.

I've spent HOURS trying to get this game working - i've come to the conclusion those responsible for the underlying infrastructure are incompetent. Maybe they have a better explanation.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix
22. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Connectivity Fix Mar 4, 2010, 19:16 Bard

The stories linked fix does not work here.  

554 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo