Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 583 (Apprentice)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Mar 1, 2013, 23:20 Bard

Cutter wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 19:58:
Whatever Anonymous. Unless you have proof that the CEO is a raging pedobear or the like nothing is going to change. 14 gigs of usless information, wow, BoA and the corporate world are just quaking in their boots.

hmmm. That stuff would be nice, but what's needed is not individual, but corporate corruption.

getting one person in trouble achieves nothing, exposing the activity of a corporation however, makes shit happen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Q&As
14. Re: Morning Q&As Mar 1, 2013, 15:51 Bard

InBlack wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 10:51:
Cutter wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 10:44:
InBlack wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 10:18:
OMG OMG OMG SPACE HULK OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Please dont suck....

Dude, don't support the dickbags at Lame Workshop.

As much as I agree about the dickbag part, Im still dying to play a new version of one of my favorite games of all time.

While GW are dicks - they do make some of the coolest games. Spacehulk is just legend.

News Comments > Arma 3 Alpha Next Week
9. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 21:25 Bard

I wonder if they'll bother with the interface this time around....  

News Comments > Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers
9. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 10:52 Bard

Ubisoft can go screw themselves.

They are quite happy to shovel product that doesn't work out the door and never have it fixed, while including the most invasive DRM schemes possible.

I'm not buying an UBIsoft product again - there's more than enough great games on the market that work and don't punish me for being honest and purchasing their product.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 17, 2013, 11:19 Bard

Hey, it beats reporting on an unarmed American kid shot to death by Israeli commandos for video taping their international piracy and terrorism.

The media is there to distract us, and lie to us, into supporting endless war and consumerism.

News Comments > Origin for OS X
14. Re: Origin for OS X Feb 8, 2013, 17:03 Bard

Bhruic wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 16:02:
Quboid wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 14:59:
I understand people not liking how EA goes about making money and if I'd known about the always-on requirement at the time, I wouldn't have preordered Simcity. However, deger's attitude is just naive.

My annoyance is with the people who kneejerk "EA bad!" for everything they do. I don't love EA. I don't particularily like EA. I agree that EA does lots of scummy things. But sometimes they do decent things,

Since when? name one!

News Comments > Dirty Bomb Alpha Access
10. Re: Dirty Bomb Alpha Access Feb 1, 2013, 12:56 Bard

First it was MMO
Now it's microtransactions

I yearn for the days when you could buy a game and you owned it, you could play it online or offline, you could sell it if you wanted to, and it worked, and it wasn't compiling your personal information for resale.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 10, 2013, 22:20 Bard

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 18:17:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 16:59:
Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 13:23:
Hahahaa. Yeah, good luck with that, anonymous.

Creston

Actually, they make a good argument. I wonder if EFF or ACLU will take up the cause.

No, they don't. DDoS is not a protest. It's denying access to others, which is illegal. A protest at, say, Walmart is perfectly fine. A protest at Walmart which tries to prevent people from actually entering said Walmart is illegal and will be broken up by the police in a heartbeat.

No judge is going to rule otherwise, and the EFF / ACLU know this full well, which is why they'll never touch this entire thing with a ten foot pole.

Creston

I don't think it's illegal.

It IS legal in Germany (last i heard).

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced
8. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Announced Dec 11, 2012, 17:22 Bard

Sorry - I should be getting this free considering I wasted $1000US on video cards to 'fix' the performance issues that were known by the developer and hidden from the community during launch by attributing the problems to nonsense.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 28, 2012, 10:55 Bard

NYC police amassing cell phone logs?

Which means the hardware and software is in place to compile the data.
Which means that someone other than NYC police is compiling the data.
Which means this third party is giving the data to other agencies.
Which means you have no privacy.

Just like the Nazi intelligence service in Germany, this system could be abused by an authoritarian government - which we already have.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2012, 02:18 Bard

life in prison for exposing illegal behaviour by corporations and government.

paying attention yet?

News Comments > CARGASM HD Released
1. Re: CARGASM HD Released Nov 23, 2012, 16:00 Bard

yeah, I can hear people wanting to tell other people they play cargasm.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Tech Bits
1. Re: Thanksgiving Tech Bits Nov 22, 2012, 16:26 Bard

I had my last straw with ATI 3 months back - after sticking with them for the price/performance value compared to Nvidia.

Non-stop driver issues and software issues led me to give up on them and spend the extra on an Nvidia card.

So far (and yes, only 3 months) the Nvidia experience has been flawless. No 'issues' with game compatibility ran into yet - unlike when I had my ATI and it was a constant cycle of installing an updated driver to fix one thing, only to have it break compatibility with something else.

News Comments > etc.
1. Vancouver video game industry.. Nov 7, 2012, 10:37 Bard

..is in peril due to incompetent fuckwits in management.

I have a half dozen friends that worked for one of them, and things were going REALLY well until they brought in a producer who was, simply, a complete fucktard.

He single handedly pretty much destroyed that company pursuing his own goals and glory rather than doing his job.

ALWAYS - ALWAYS recruit from within - promote someone capable, than bringing in some clown you don't know who doesn't know how your company works.

News Comments > Steam for Linux Beta Client
9. Re: Steam for Linux Beta Client Nov 6, 2012, 17:03 Bard

eunichron wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 15:25:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 14:44:
despite some people feeling put off by Steam being released for their "everything should be free and open" operating system.

I would say those people, the Stallman types, are a fairly small, but increasingly vocal, minority in the Linux community. Seeing as how Ubuntu looks like the primary distro for support, and Ubuntu isn't endorsed by the FSF, I'm assuming Valve doesn't give two shits about what they have to say.

But as you said, unless there's some overwhelming advantage to switching to Linux over Windows 7 for gaming (exclusives, performance, what have you), I don't see this as any more than a novelty.

How about an operating system that isn't essentially surveillanceware for government?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Just bloody awesome Oct 14, 2012, 19:23 Bard

except the FIDLY team selection for multiplayer.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 11, 2012, 16:37 Bard

SMASHES!!!!!!!1!!11!!!!

are all marketers idiots?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 27, 2012, 09:24 Bard

LOL - the jobs are NOT in Linux. Windows OWNS the business sector.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 27, 2012, 09:11 Bard

Excellent speech by Assange.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
61. Re: get the motherfuck off my fucking lawn Sep 25, 2012, 09:03 Bard

Riker wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 19:33:
RollinThundr wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 19:31:
Yeah I know right? A small section of hell clearly froze over. Total face palm at anyone wanting coop in a turn based strategy game.

And why is that?

Because they can't see how it'd work, or how much fun it'd be, and think they are in sole possession of clue

583 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo