Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 568 (Apprentice)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 13, 2018, 13:11 Bard

Beamer wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 12:07:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 12:06:
Timmeh wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 11:39:
Maybe its because infowars is not all fake news? It has some crazy stuff.. but its at least 60-70% right even as crazy as it sounds..

compare than to CNN or MSNBC that is nearly 100% left wing propaganda and not even remotely actual factual news.

That's the problem with leftists in general. You green light all your own propaganda while wanting to ban all other ideas or information. While at the same time insisting that its the other side that "wants" to do that.. you are the ones always actually doing it.

Are... are you being serious?

Timmeh and reality broke up in the mid-90s, and stopped even sending Christmas cards to each other.

The man thinks Infowars is right about NASA having a base on Mars because he's pretty certain he lives on Mars.

left and right are a false dichotomy to fool idiots - and a useful litmus for those who aren't.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Alex Jones is an IDIOT Jul 13, 2018, 13:10 Bard

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 12:02:
Life is hard for tin-foil conspiracy folks https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/infowars-alex-jones/
Remember to stay on your meds.

When I see people call things 'tin-foil conspiracy folks' I see people who know nothing of history, government or the other interests that dictate the world we live in today - yet they parrot the CIA phrase created to smear people questioning the official story of the JFK Assassination.

I'm not sure who are worse - the people who believe conspiracy theories that are not fact based, or those who believe a narrative that is demonstrably not fact based.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 6, 2018, 11:13 Bard

check out the reviews on history channel type documentaries for a laugh

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 5, 2018, 17:33 Bard

YourNick wrote on Jul 5, 2018, 16:23:
Can you monitor an app's activities, see if there's much uploading without any apparent reason for doing so?

No - smartphones are too useful for state security apparatus to allow us complete access to our own hardware so we can do some meaningful monitoring like we used to in the 80's and 90's.

Increasingly we've been isolated from finding out what our technology is doing, and even finding out about it.

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 3, 2018, 00:57 Bard

As soon as we have a replacement that can be trusted - maybe Elon Musk can do it.. I expect Facebook to crash.

The whole current environment of computing and the internet is one great big surveillance machine, whether on purpose or just by the by.

We need a big shakeup.

News Comments > Creative Assembly Tactical Shooter Plans
1. Re: Creative Assembly Tactical Shooter Plans Jun 26, 2018, 13:17 Bard

.. yay - another game with morons screaming on comms.

unless they remove comms

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2018, 14:44 Bard

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2018, 14:40:
In Ontario pot will be sold in the LCBO only (Liquor Control Board Ontario - i.e. government run booze stores). So it'll be overpriced and overtaxed meaning most people will still continue to grow their own or buy it on the black market/from their regular dealers.

However, it will be legal to grow 4 plants per person (according to news this morning).

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 14, 2018, 14:37 Bard

Simon Says wrote on Jun 14, 2018, 13:50:
All the propaganda against Kaspersky lately just makes me want to actually buy their product... If the US hates it that much, there has to be a good reason and that reason certainly isn't the one they're telling us.

Possibility: Couldn't get Kaspersky to include a backdoor USA?

I'm starting to seriously look for alternatives to US NSA backdoored operating systems, hardware and software.

I am thinking Germany may be a good place to start with their computing history.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 14, 2018, 00:18 Bard

you need a paper trail.

check out the work of blackboxvoting and also check the legal case of ibeta vs diebold.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 10, 2018, 01:24 Bard

end game is emplacing legal and technical mechanisms to chill, suppress, and criminalise free speech.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Getting Solo Content Jun 6, 2018, 17:53 Bard

I thought they meant they are taking the servers offline, but you'd be able to play against bots by yourself

I might be a few months early on that....

4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 4, 2018, 15:18 Bard

I have had SO MANY client machines have their edge browser hijacked it got to the point where we removed the shortcut to edge from the taskbar and replaced it with internet explorer.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Facebook May 2, 2018, 13:08 Bard

how about a 'don't collect data in the first place' fix for facebook?

this clear history tool really does nothing that helps protect our privacy.

News Comments > Flight Sim World to be Grounded
12. Re: Flight Sim World to be Grounded Apr 30, 2018, 18:26 Bard

Rigs wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 17:46:
@Qvark Obvious troll is obvious...

=-Rigs-=

IKR?

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 10, 2018, 14:05 Bard

Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 11:21:
WaltC wrote on Apr 10, 2018, 11:10:
CNN calling out Facebook for hosting a fake page is pot calling kettle black...;) Unlike CNN's deliberate, calculated fake news, FB simply hosted the page. It is true, however, that FB made no effort to verify the page as legit, even though it was a FB page seeking donations. Not surprising as FB never questions much of anything tied to "liberal" political causes, fake or otherwise.

Everyone, it's ok. WaltC made is obligatory single political post in a topic, spewing out talking points he will never, ever source. He won't cite a single thing to prove his claim, which in this case should be easy, as if CNN has so much "fake news" it would only take him a moment to post a few examples.

And he won't be back. He fires and forgets. Sometimes, I'm under the impression his doctors only allow him a few moments of internet time per day before putting him back in the padded room, so there's no way he can reply.

In fairness, he's not the only one to make super conservative claims then never come back when asked to cite them, he's just the most consistent.

heh - i guess some people are so un/misinformed the obvious requires proof that people should be able to find for themselves.

News Comments > DCS World 2.5 Released
22. Re: DCS World 2.5 Released Apr 9, 2018, 10:08 Bard

Rilcon wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 22:30:
Assuming my only interest is in WW2 and I'm looking for something that can feel realistic without needing to go through a 25-step checklist just to start the engine, should I go with this or the latest IL-2 (or something else entirely)?

I've been out of the "sim" game for over a decade; didn't have space for a flightstick on my desk anymore...

Yes, grab the latest IL2.

21. Re: DCS World 2.5 Released Apr 9, 2018, 10:07 Bard

Rigs wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 21:34:
It absolutely boggles my mind that in 2018, the flight combat sim genre has dried up to nearly nothing. This (along with wargaming and RPG's) were the cornerstone of PC gaming back when it started!

When I started playing on 'modern' systems, you couldn't take two steps without tripping over a flight combat sim or flight sim in general! If only I could take the devs from Microprose and Spectrum Holobyte (AND Looking Glass!) and bring them here from 1994...maybe then this genre would be the leader that it was two decades ago and rightfully should be. Where are the graphical powerhouse versions of F-15 Strike Eagle, F-14 Fleet Defender, Falco-..oh, well, forget I mentioned that one, F-117 Stealth Fighter, LHX, Apache Longbow, Hind, Thunderhawk, Silent Thunder, A-10 Tank Killer, Aces of the Pacific, Aces Over Europe, European Air War, 1942: Pacific Air War, Pacific Strike, B-17, Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, Battlehawks 1942, Their Finest Hour...the list just goes on and on. If, in 1993, when I was clutching my box of Aces of the Pacific so hard it left marks, that in the year 2018, the only real flight combat sim would be DCS, I would have been seriously upset. Now, it only makes me that much more depressed. Yeah, DCS is gorgeous, but it's the only game in town. And with 1080ti video cards and octo-core 4ghz CPUs, that's just pathetic.

=-Rigs-=

I believe LOMAC was released in 2003. It's taken almost 15 years to get to here.

20. Re: DCS World 2.5 Released Apr 9, 2018, 10:03 Bard

bigspender wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 17:07:
For anyone with a VR headset - this is one of the best games to play (it's also on Steam)
Being free, it's worth loading up just to sit in the plane, because the cockpit details are just amazing. All of the little knobs and switches sticking out, etc. And being a simulator it's all to scale, and it really feels like you are inside a cockpit. You can even look out of the cockpit when parked and you can tell that you're sitting 2-3 metres above the runway. It's beautiful.

Assuming you have a computer from the future that is capable of supersampling high enough with a steady enough framerate that once you get airborne you're not barfing and can read the instrumentation.

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 6, 2018, 13:31 Bard

I like the 'improperly shared' line...

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2018, 14:14 Bard

Facebook.

It is silencing activism against the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.

An example of the things Companies should not have the ability to do.

568 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo