Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bard

Real Name Bard   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2000, 16:06
Total Comments 610 (Apprentice)
User ID 4299

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed
10. Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 20, 2019, 23:33 Bard

Slick wrote on Jan 19, 2019, 09:32:
Milk. Cows. It's nonsense.

Pull your heads out of your asses sheeple. I know outrage is the favour-du-jour in today's society, but wake the fuck up.

"Cosmetic-only MTX to fund continuing DLC development that's free for all players."

If you want to try and turn that into a negative, you're going to have to try a lot harder.

Gone are the days of just shouting "COW MILK" into the void. You actually have to show off some mental gymnastics to demonstrate the pretzel you're twisting yourself into to say this is bad.

Go on, the floor is yours. Tell us all how funding post-launch development with cosmetics is a bad thing. We're dying to hear it.

Let me guess. late teens early twenty something and from North America?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 20, 2019, 23:24 Bard

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2019, 13:38:
Stung? Fuck that bitch! She and Shitterberg belong in prison for all the shit they've done. Just fucking ban social media already.

Surveillance and Disinformation (while making a profit) are at the core of Facebook's whole purpose.

It's the media and big brother rolled into one.

There's replacements coming, but going to be a while.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 17, 2019, 17:38 Bard

Xero wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 12:55:
Those darn commies and their fake news articles. Unfortunately as we found out a few years ago, Americans eat them up.

For those not old enough to remember Vietnam - the disconnect between reality and what the US Government was saying was called the 'credibility gap' and only the most misinformed continued believing what was being said.

Post Vietnam the media was identified as one of the main reasons for 'failure' - and was consequently brought under control.

The credibility gap no longer exists because there is almost no investigative reporting done any more (pervasive surveillance makes it impossible) and those with the smarts to do it are either killed, or Assanged.

If you believe all this crap we're being told about Russia you're thinking exactly what you're supposed to be.

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 17, 2019, 17:33 Bard

Beamer wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 15:44:
WaltC wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 15:09:
The ratio of fake news stories from the NYT, WaPo, and CNN is about 1000-1 over fake news from Russia...;) Nothing like "looking for fake news in all the wrong places"...;)

There's more fake news on Russia Today in 5 minutes than the New York Times in a year.

That's sarcasm. right?

8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 9, 2019, 17:29 Bard

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 10:51:
Windows 10, the most secure OS evah!
I remember those that used to shout that from the rooftops. Wink

We had customers having edge hijacked literally day 1 and every day since.

Windows is shit. Complete shit. I wish consumer device producers would just drop windows development and start focusing on open source.

It's getting there, but this whole culture of 'Everything is a surveillance device' has left us completely screwed.

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 9, 2019, 17:27 Bard

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 15:47:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 13:00:
Senator Wyden goes ballistic after US telcos caught selling people's location data yet again.

Anyone going to jail? If I sell something that's not mine, I go to jail.

BTW, any of the Wells Fargo execs that identity thefted millions of people in jail yet?

As someone mentioned, how in the fuck is this possible where the cops have to get a warrant for this sort of thing? Too bad Ronnie is the only one who seems to give a shit about this stuff.

When you make surveillance a private industry, it's almost impossible to enforce.

This is how many state intelligence services get around citizen protections - just demand the data from industry and you don't need to obey any data collection laws since you're not the one collecting it.

The whole system stinks and is a joke.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 9, 2019, 12:21 Bard

A vibrator is "Immoral or Obscene"? I guess puritanism is still a thing...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 3, 2019, 14:24 Bard

oh.. so you hide from consumers you are throttling the CPU performance due to battery age and sales are good because people are upgrading their slow ass phones...

then researchers find out what you've been doing and you have to admit this secret throttling... that only requires a battery replacement to fix...

.. and now you aren't selling as many iphones..

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 2, 2019, 19:55 Bard

"Russia Hacks" - the new narrative.

Let's ignore the contents of Vault 7 that showed that far, far worse is being done by our own intelligence services.

Oh - and let's continue to ignore the contents of the emails whistleblower Seth Rich gave his life to get to us... and the real reason behind this distraction...

News Comments > Game Developers Union Gaining Momentum?
9. Re: Game Developers Union Gaining Momentum? Dec 28, 2018, 12:28 Bard

Cutter wrote on Dec 27, 2018, 19:22:
Yeah, good luck with that. Any union I've ever been forced to join didn't help anyone but themselves.

I was next to a bank boardroom working on a system while overhearing the bank's owners having a teleconference and discussing ways to screw over the IT personnel working for them.

In an embarrassing (but apropos) moment I tripped as I was walking past and accidentally farted. Saving face I announced "That's what I think of cutting the IT budget and screwing the workers over" and walked out.

I don't know if it was the fart, or the subsequent union action that stopped it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: We’re all Just Starting to Realize the Power of Personal Data. Dec 28, 2018, 12:18 Bard

I'd like to be able to keep my personal data personal, except it is literally impossible if you still want to use a device like a tablet or smartphone or a computer.

It's simply not possible - regardless of how educated you may be - and those educated usually work in the tech sector so are reliant on technology.

ALL computing has been turned into Surveillance capable devices. IPV6's address structure is an audit trail. Wikileaks Vault 7 and other independent journalism has shown we're completely and utterly screwed... even to the point that people NOT using technology at all can be tracked via other less informed people taking pictures with you in them.

Education of people isn't going to solve the problem directly - there's nothing users themselves can do. National Security apparatii have ensured we're under surveillance no matter how informed or how much effort you take to steer clear of it.

As we saw from Vault7 - even laws won't stop the kind of crap we're now subjected to.

Only thing I can think of is when we can get completely open source hardware, completely open source software with no binary blobs, and encryption that is ahead of the capabilities of quantum computing will we have any chance of privacy - until then, national security letters and other stupidity will ensure we're screwed.

News Comments > DiRT RALLY 2.0 Trailer
1. Re: DiRT RALLY 2.0 Trailer Dec 20, 2018, 15:12 Bard

Last time i tried Dirt Rally, it was a microtransaction nightmare. I was sorely disappointed.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 19, 2018, 09:22 Bard

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 18, 2018, 19:13:
I hope Mr. Elsharkawi wins bigly.

Me too - this police state shit has gotten out of hand.

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 17, 2018, 16:14 Bard

The distraction from the contents of Hillary's emails continues.

The proof we've been shown is a complete load of bollocks - any IT guy worth his salt can see we've been shown nothing.

The examples of the advertising that 'meddled' with the election are more funny than concerning.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 16, 2018, 08:56 Bard

Facebook is the new media - feeding us the BS narratives and mapping our relationships to each other for surveillance and potential blackmail if you 'rock the boat'.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2018, 16:19 Bard

Squirmer wrote on Dec 6, 2018, 15:54:
Australian politicians are the stupidest people in the world. Australian journalists aren't much better. They should have been outraged about this because these laws could absolutely be used to investigate journalists' sources in any whistleblowing case. But they're all still cowed by any vague suggestion of "terrorism".

Then there's the possibility that these laws could cripple the country's tech sector if companies decide to move overseas. Great work.

Aussie Journalists are a huge target...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 6, 2018, 12:11 Bard

Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2018, 11:41:
"It's all about putting people first."

Yeah. The elites in power. Good one Oz. Rolleyes

You can think of Australia as a testbed for all the worst surveillance/policies for the Western world.

When I returned there after a 15 year absence I couldn't believe how it had changed into a security state.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Hackers are opening SMB ports on routers so they can infect PCs with NSA malware Dec 3, 2018, 16:51 Bard

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 3, 2018, 07:05:
Alternately titled "Router security sucks, example 742."

Or "NSA Hordes and weaponizes vulnerability instead of advising vendors, leaving everyone at risk".

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $200M
15. Re: Star Citizen Passes $200M Nov 17, 2018, 15:30 Bard

El Pit wrote on Nov 17, 2018, 14:18:
It really is the Sharknado of games.

The latest patch made a world of difference - i can finally see what kind of product i am getting (as opposed to previously unplayable on my 1060).

*crossing fingers*

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 15, 2018, 16:53 Bard

Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2018, 12:41:
Icewind wrote on Nov 15, 2018, 12:26:
It's only going to get more difficult to recruit people with each generation now. A lot of factors are going into why this is so. You have the internet showing kids the true horror of war and that it only benefits the rich and they are just proxy wars for the elite. You have a more sedentary lifestyle with more kids just wanting to stay inside and play video games. You also have people wising up to the fact that the army pays about the same as a full time wal-mart job, but comes with the possibility of death or PTSD. Though, we aren't counting the black friday shoppers, of course.

All joking aside, most of these kids today are either smart enough to see what a poor option this is or they aren't physically/mentally capable of the kind of strength needed to make it in the armed forces.

I remember when I graduated - and this was the early 90s - they called me constantly asking me to join. I could barely survive waking up at 6am to go to work 5 days a week, so why they'd think I could make it in the army is beyond me.

You forgot these kids also realize that the military is also bankrupting the country and the main reason they can't have nice things. Doesn't exactly endear the military to them. All in all it's a good thing. The sheer volume of money wasted on American's over-bloated military is simply insane.

That's the problem of the elite - they are so out of touch with what people outside their generation know. The delusion has kept everyone involved making money.

610 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo