Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jackal

Real Name Jackal   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jackal
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Life is a sexual transmitted disease that is 100% fatal.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 24, 2007, 12:24
Total Comments 97 (Suspect)
User ID 42559

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect/Spore DRM Changes
50. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 20:39 Jackal

These morons overstep their bounds each time.

Not only do I need a perfect CD quality over the years, I need to keep the manuals or whatever they decided to put the cd key on. Well maybe I do not want to keep every CD i've ever bought with the manual to accompany it.

Now they decide this crap, its more hassle.

Its their responsibility to have copy protection, and should NOT hassle me when I want to buy a product and enjoy it.

Not sit infront of my desk and determine if the text is 5 or a 6, on a shoddy printed manual in blank and white, then to punch in another 20 digits before being ALLOWED to play the game i payed with a majority of my day's salary.

These companies are overstepping their bounds greatly.

need i remind you all of "starforge" protection?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect Preorders
15. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2008, 17:03 Jackal

and if you bothered to read what they also gave out as winners, its no surprise.

They gave best graphics , original setting, best story/writing, AND best sound/music all to Bioshock.

Now correct me if i am wrong, Crysis was released nov in 2007. And the graphics were FAAAAAAAAAAAR superior to bioshock.

And as a personal believer that bioshock is nothing but a recycled version of system shock, there is NOTHING original about it.

So anything else that garbage of a site produces, I have to take with a grain of salt.

Bioshock was not as great as it was hyped up to be. I found it to be a sub par shooter with rpg elements.

And also I would like to note that the graphics in mass effect were also better than bioshock. so..... what does that tell you to the morons giving bioshock best graphics of the year.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: How to fix PC gaming. Apr 25, 2008, 16:53 Jackal

You are a lying piece of shit. This site isnt even 15 years old. Get over yourself you wow fanboy.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: How to fix PC gaming. Apr 25, 2008, 01:54 Jackal

I am going to assume by your newb name of "wowbagger" you are a WoW fanboy.

First off, why do you think gaming is dying? Its not because of our current games, its because of powerhouses like WoW. The entire article i wish had a comment system , because when i read through it the first line that popped out and sickened me is "PC gaming is doing fine. Just ask Blizzard."

Games produced by blizzard are destroying the market. they claim 9 million subscribers, and everyone believes that. But if you check all the servers and the statistics , servers hold approximately 1000 maximum, and average i have seen is around 300 to 400 on a generic daily average. And multiply that by the number of servers, including the number of servers in the other regions (europe and china). You will see the numbers STILL do not add up. No where near 9 million.

The reason gaming is dying? Games are being dumbed down constantly. The idea of an mmo was that it was challenging, and took time and effort. Blizzard destroyed that, and the reason being it was solely popular because of how retardedly easy it is to become level 70 within 2 weeks of playtime.

To do that in everquest, used to take MONTHS.

Ontop of that, they did that to the strategy franchises with starcraft and warcraft. They dumbed it down, and made it a retarded click fest.

Just because a game is popular, does not make it GOOD. And it does not mean it is helping the gaming communities. Its destroying them.

Blizzard is monopolizing a new field of gamers that have never gamed before and enticing them because their games are retardedly easy to complete and compete in.

You think its good to invite thousands of thousands of kids to a genre of gaming, when they have no evolved to real gamers and had any experience or skill developed when it comes to games?

Blizzard isn't the only one, Bungie and COD developers ruined the FPS genre. Now its retardedly easy , because every FPS you gain your health back instantly to full if you just sit still for 5 seconds.

The PC gaming communities are being shot down, and being replaced with more mainstream retards who haven't had a single game under their belt rather than WoW or Halo. They expect games to be retardedly easy and simplified. Now every single quest giver in an mmo has a friggin huge sign above their heads saying "CLICK ME".

Im done, because this post will not get attention it deserves. I have been playing games online for as long as i can remember. I played MUDs on BBS's. I played EQ1 , Halflife 1 and was friends with the development team of Cstrike originally, ive seen the downfall of gaming, and its just going to get worse.

Ill leave this one little statement:

Have you ever noticed now, when you join a game ANY game, it has been dumbed down to everyone using the specific combo of items or skills or weapons, because it is basically the CHEAP methods of getting kills or wins? Have you noticed no one just plays to have fun anymore?

News Comments > HL2 Fistful of Frags Beta Server, Client Hotfix
2. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 19:02 Jackal

this is a very fun mod, but some of the game is lacking in realism.

Like you can kill someone one shot to the face with a pistol. but if you do that with a double barrel shotgun in close range, it wont kill them.

News Comments > GRID & eBay
2. Re: No loss Apr 23, 2008, 03:05 Jackal

its a smart idea of advertisment if they do it right. But these no name piece of shit games trying to cash in, with advertisements just doesnt cut it.

ontop of that, they need to add the realistic factor that some person sold you some piece of shit part that is obviously shoddy.

News Comments > The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Delayed
14. Re: ... Apr 20, 2008, 15:30 Jackal

Yeah. Except you forgot to mention the ram leaks which caused the horrible load times as well as random crashes that would make you lose your progress.

"You cannot expect investors.." Are you stupid kid? You don't say, "oh well, since we dont know how this will be received, lets release it incomplete! Thatll get some sales!"

The growing trend for developers is to release nearly incomplete games that are still beta phase, and hope they have enough patches during shipment day to keep it playable.

Its a trend thats getting worse and worse. Need I remind you how many countless games are on shelves ATM that are of such poor quality they aren't worth 5 dollars. And instead of charging 5 dollars, they charge you 60 to 70 dollars, 80 to 90 if its a "collectors edition" which really consists of some art book and a tin box. Whoopee.

News Comments > Age of Conan Beta Nears
3. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2008, 02:06 Jackal

the open pvp beta is a lvl 20 only restricted access beta in which all you can do is play the instanced PVP zones which mimics (and HEAVILY copies) WoW's battlegrounds.

While the OPEN beta, is the complete game. Expect a full download.

News Comments > Mortal Online Announced
10. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2008, 16:30 Jackal

Actually, the friggin site was online for some time now.

And posting about this stuff is just going to attract the wow kiddies.....

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Can't trust it Apr 14, 2008, 14:42 Jackal

The whole reason its not trustable IS THE GAME ISNT EVEN OUT YET. How can you review a game, if you managed to get it, in under a day? You haven't had time to play the game yet. You might have played it for a day, but reviewing a game during the " in awe" mode when you pick up a long awaited game. But once that "in awe" wears off, you review then. Because you start to see the flaws.

Like with COD4. Everyone grabbed it and said it was GOTY. When they didnt play multiplayer enough, or realize you could beat the single player game in one sitting (8 hours). But somehow the stupid reviews in awe of the great graphics and layout, decided to give it perfect reviews.

News Comments > Wrath of the Lich King Alpha Begins
9. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2008, 14:13 Jackal

"looks like it will be a summer release then"

Obviously you have no f-ing clue what alpha means.

News Comments > NCsoft versus Unauthorized Servers
3. Re: yeah Apr 10, 2008, 13:13 Jackal

Yes sorry I got my crap quality games mixed up.

I also know army of two had a fiasco as well though, that is probably why i am mixed about it. My mistake.

News Comments > NCsoft versus Unauthorized Servers
1. yeah Apr 10, 2008, 11:02 Jackal

thats great. "intellictual property theft"

Where they can claim "damages" and try to hurt the person with "criminal remedies"

If you think about it, nothing was stolen from them. No money was taken from them. But they want to claim "damages" so they can get money out of nonexistant sales.

Ontop of that. This is wasting tax payers dollars, "worked with the FBI" Okay, you have a kid running a server somewhere illegally. You also have rapists and murderers around. Yet lets waste our good hard earned tax payer's dollars, because your fucking video game which houses nowhere near the amount of players World of Warcraft houses. Because you want to claim "damages" approximately 60 dollars at most, per player. And the player run servers have maybe 100 at most if you are lucky. So for a total of 6000 dollars you want to waste tax payers dollars which probably amount up to at least from 10,000 to 50,000 worth of government attention and time.

And to back up my earlier statement i am not contradicting myself, I am stating that the damages 99.9% of all the companies that claim "lost sales" were never a possibility to begin a sale to begin with. And they want to claim these sales so they can get their greedy hands on whatever money they can get.

Ontop of this, Developers are trying to implicate price changes higher and higher each year. While the quality of games are lowering more and more each year. Also they are talking about PUTTING ADS INSIDE VIDEO GAMES.

Ok. They seek to get money out of every single pocket and corner they can get in a game. But they continue to release these mmorpgs with a 60$ price tag, their "collectors edition" that is basically a tin box with a art book inside, with a 30$ more price tag added on it. And these games are released to the public in poor quality. They ship knowingly buggy games and crap games, trying to turn a profit.

Need i remind the fiasco with Army of Two , a reviewer being fired because the advertisers pull out due to a bad review?

You think that doesnt happen more often? You think reviews arent bolstered and fortified with "incentives" ?

The quality of gaming, the quality of TRUE games are nearing an end. Games like Baldurs gate, Games like Fallout. Games that the developers were INTERESTED IN MAKING A QUALITY GAME rather than being more interested in turning a profit, are coming to an end.

Enjoy your recycled garbage games.

News Comments > City of Heroes/Villains In-game Ads
18. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 08:52 Jackal

advertising is going too far. They keep trying to push ingame ads, and something is going to draw the line in the sand. I think it will be either games or their next thing they try to hit.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Cloverfield Jan 16, 2008, 01:38 Jackal

I dont bother with the war of the worlds/blair witch project combo movie.

I am rather annoyed you would post some bullshit about some myspace girl getting hacked. She's an attention whore and is certainly no model.

News Comments > More In-game Ads
33. Re: No subject Jul 24, 2007, 08:50 Jackal

I have lurked this site and read the news for games and hardware updates. But This is where I need to register and voice my opinion.

People are not stupid. They may seem stupid at first, but they aren't. They aren't going to keep paying rising prices for gas, for games, for movie tickets or DVDs as much as people think they will. If I want to pay 20 dollars for 2 movie tickets, and end up having to see movie commercials in the damn theatre, I might as well sit at home. DOWNLOAD the movies, and watch them without commercials without the 20 dollar fee and without having to pay outrageous prices for popcorn and drinks!

Same goes for games. You start putting ads in games with the way games are ALREADY priced? Sorry, That just means more games I wont buy. I wont pay for. And I would rather take the 2 days of downloading at most, for the 60 dollar game thats going to feature ads ingame. Now my idea is this, they dont want just any old games, its going to be for console games. Not computer games. People who play computer games have some intelligence, people who don't are usually too slow or dont want to be too involved into a computer just to play a simple game. Well get this, You think Eidos is such a strong company to start ingame ads? Its not. The only thing they have going for them is battelfield and rainbow6 franchise. As of late, the games from both franchises have been GARBAGE. Vegas? Garbage,,, Battlefield 2142? More people play battlefield 2!

Thank you eidos, you just made my decisions of purchasing games a whole lot slimmer. And you probably started the downfall of your company with stupid mistakes like this. You know chaos theory and how they wanted to bring about Starforce protection for it? You know how bad their sales went? What do you think they will do with this decision? What do you think their sales will be at?

I am a smart consumer. I save as much money and contribute to only quality games. I dont pay for garbage games, Id soon rather wipe my ass with than pay for a 60 dollar game which is going to feature ingame ads.

The ONLY , The -ONLY-, game franchise that COULD start ingame ads would be Steam. They already considered it, put it out on news and backed down. Because they are SMART. Thank you goodbye. Not going to say anythin more on this subject. Eidos you are fucking stupid.

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: Ebert's thumb Jul 24, 2007, 08:38 Jackal

There has been a strong push for ingame ads. And I have to say the gaming market is a very .. unpredictable one. And I think this push will basically turn people away completely from the game company Eidos that is trying to push these ads. They think in console games this won't be a big deal. But no one wants to see that crap, and their sales will go down.

97 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo