508 (Apprentice)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

508 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 9.
Newer [  1    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    26  ] Older

Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads
May 17, 2012, 18:54
Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 17, 2012, 18:54
May 17, 2012, 18:54

Jackplug wrote on May 17, 2012, 14:13:
T:A has the physics is all wrong for a Tribes game. It seems that if you are travelling fast in one direction and then fly upwards off a ramp, then try to steer left you cant cos of the momentum and you fly away from you intended target. When playing Tribes 1, you had very good control when doing the same thing.

Useless none listening devs as usual, who noob the game so everyone can play it without having high learning curve..

Try tapping jetpack as you turn instead of holding. I see people doing that a lot when I watch them play and it seems to me that it helps me turn faster. Although I had a bad tendency to hold the button when Im concentrating on following or shooting instead of movement.

Re: etc.
May 17, 2012, 11:29
Re: etc. May 17, 2012, 11:29
May 17, 2012, 11:29

Read somewhere they employ 700 ish.

So he met the employment numbers....if they aren't using some fancy math to counting temporary employees or the whole companies they sub contract to for anything.

Re: Skyjacker Demo & Kickstarter
May 17, 2012, 11:25
Re: Skyjacker Demo & Kickstarter May 17, 2012, 11:25
May 17, 2012, 11:25

He said skyjacker, uh huh.

Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads
May 16, 2012, 16:53
Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 16:53
May 16, 2012, 16:53

PHJF wrote on May 16, 2012, 15:36:
Maybe there would be more teamwork if the game had voice com.

What year is this again?

As much trash talking and harassment takes place through the in game voice commands......I think voice built into the game would just simply destroy it. It'd be people telling you to cry moar or accusing someone of hacking judging by what people bother to type.

I am actually glad when games don't come with voice comms built in anymore, because.....people are annoying enough just in the game.

May 16, 2012, 14:16
Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 14:16
May 16, 2012, 14:16

MadBoris wrote on May 16, 2012, 13:58:
I had a guy repeating the same phrase all match, people wouldn't kick him. Apparently the GUI says F6, but I heard kick is actually F7. They deserve to lose lots of money and players over that obvious issue they didn't address.
WOT has a mute option, simple, but where is it Tribes?

I had some issues with this took me awhile to find it. You need to go to the tilde screen command prompt thing and type in /mute <player name>

It seems to last as long as the guy is on the server with you. You can also block players, but I don't know the command line option for it.

And yes I think the lack of GUI options (until the end of the match......WTF) to mute and kick people is stupid.

And the f5 for yes and f6 for no or whatever has been fixed...so it says the correct keys when it prompts for a vote. I saw it in the patch notes, but have yet to have had the chance to use it since it's been fixed (supposedly).

May 16, 2012, 14:10
Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 14:10
May 16, 2012, 14:10

MadBoris wrote on May 16, 2012, 13:39:

Yeah, the steamrolling can happen with just one awesome flag capper on the right map, and a team that is in dissaray. Unfortunate. I've been steamrolled with great players on my team, and post game showed no stacking.

Stacking was an issue for me weeks ago. You can always tell when people are stacking a game during team choosing. Lately, I can't say I have run into it, I'm always checking afterwards too.

I don't see it as much after I saw it mentioned on the forums, some people know it would kill the game. It is a weakness of the game, so better matchmaking would be preferred, while they still have the player numbers to segregate by level(playtime) better.

If I get in a click with certain players I don't want to be with (map rotation will often keep same people together in MM) then I just exit the server, re-enter and I don't have the same people. Sometimes I have to get away from elite snipers and cappers that are OP, IMO, more balanced games are fun.

Well today for instance, played two matches. The average team level on one side was around 25 on the other is more like 10-15. The higher side had 4 gold ranks a bunch of silver and a couple bronze. My side had one gold and about half and half silver and bronze. The server died after the second round, it booted me to queueing again. I'm guessing so many just said f-it.

What's funny is that the guys STACKING were complaining it was boring, I mean seriously...stop stacking and try to spur some competition.

So I quit for awhile, got into another server and it was stacked too....4-5 golds on one side...1-2 on mine (1 left early on). So again we're getting dominated 2-3 matches. Then a platinum rank shows up....we win one, and all those gold players stacking before are now stacking to the platinum guys side.

People stack because they get more XP for winning, their multiplier is higher. And if you can just dominate the other team you can pick up a pretty high score come end of the round, especially if you don't facilitate flag capping...making it take longer so you can get a higher score to go with the win multiplier.

It's not fun, and it's literally the reason I play this game less than I used to. 75% of the time, it's a stacked game. Anytime I find a server that isn't stacking I play longer...but it's harder and harder. The high level players are horrible about stacking...wounds their pride to lose.

May 16, 2012, 12:03
Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 12:03
May 16, 2012, 12:03

I play a couple matches nearly every day for the Win of the Day XP bonus. Besides that, it still has a major problem with team stacking. It's really irritating. If I play 5 matches in a day it's because the first four were so stacked there was no chance of winning, so then I stack with the rest, win and quit.

It's not even fun steamrolling the other team, it's certainly not fun being steam rolled, but they just keep on stacking. These are LOOOONGGG term players doing this crap. Having a couple platinum or max rank players + 5 more gold players against your 1 gold, handful of silvers and the rest bronze is BS and they need to fix it on pubs.

Re: etc.
May 16, 2012, 10:02
Re: etc. May 16, 2012, 10:02
May 16, 2012, 10:02

Silly. I really don't like the idea of governments loaning money to companies. Either pay them to produce something useful, or forgive their tax burden WITH stipulations on employment (in their territory) goals they must meet and salaries they must pay to get that tax break/forgiveness/whatever...also make sure they meet government standards so you don't have someone both not paying taxes and polluting the hell out of your neighborhood while you pat them on the back for producing jobs.

With green technologies, they are paying them to produce something that may not otherwise get made. Games are not one of those things....unless they want to get into virtual reality type stuff. At least then they'd have to work on "new" technology ideas and what not that may be beneficial elsewhere.

Businesses should also not be able to patent the stuff they discover using government money. So basically if they take anything that sizable, anything they produce should be held by the government and available to others who pay them for the right to use it so they can make money on their investment. Initial company would just get a nice head start.

Already too many questionable "things" going on in the government to have this kind of stuff happening......big oil government funding while they rake in astronomical profits is one of those WTF are you thinking type things.

Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
May 16, 2012, 07:15
Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 16, 2012, 07:15
May 16, 2012, 07:15

KS wrote on May 8, 2012, 09:22:
I'd like an MMO built on top of a Minecraft like world. Where you can actually build cities, roads, bridges, etc. Just you have to clear the places and defend the places once you do it....

Star Wars Galaxies was like that.

I had my own house and cantina in a player-made city.

I didn't play SWG long enough to see the player cities, although I had a friend who was mayor of a city. When I discussed with this with him he never indicated that much of what I proposed was part of the city planning. I know they built the cities near hot spots in the game like the places where jedi cubes dropped.

I'd like it to be a bit of that, building near hot spots, but also that those hot spots react to your presence and attack. And things spring up near your city because of it's existence...so it's a much more dynamic experience.

SWG from my understanding was mostly driven by PVP in those cities in terms of assaults against them.

And my experience was SWG was that they should have just made a game and left off the Star Wars aspect of it, because while that drew players...it led to a lot of changes throughout that games life based solely on making it more to Lucas Arts designs...... it's Star Wars roots were it's downfall more or less. And ultimately ended up being it's crutch.......when it could have been a good game on it's own without that influence.

May 16, 2012, 07:09
Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 16, 2012, 07:09
May 16, 2012, 07:09

Turglar wrote on May 8, 2012, 08:52:
Veterator wrote on May 8, 2012, 07:47:
Also I feel like these big companies could take their huge budgets, make a flexible engine and then pump out MMOs for 20-50 million a pop and pick up more customers with the same general engine powering them all.

Yeah what we really need are more developers following the Cryptic shovelware MMO strategy /sarcasm

Never even popped into my head that was what Cryptic did. STO wasn't really an MMO from my definition of MMO. And CO was a copy of City of Heroes. But yeah I can see how it sounds similar.

My intention was that they make a solid engine and then create unique ideas instead of copying as they did with SWTOR, and do it multiple times over allowing them to cater to all with various MMOs instead of a one-size fits all style MMO.....they always turn out boring.

It'd be nice if one of them "broke the mold" a bit and did something new but did it in a way they could actually afford to take the chance instead of dumping 100-200-300 million in a game to where it MUST succeed and has the kitchen sink thrown in to prevent it's failure.

Re: The Old Republic Free Weekend<br> The <a href=
May 16, 2012, 06:57
Re: The Old Republic Free Weekend<br> The <a href= May 16, 2012, 06:57
May 16, 2012, 06:57

They should think about making a bundle deal on their MMOs.....so people can pay a few bucks more and get access to WAR and all that.

SOE had it, but it became virtually worthless with all the restrictions..

Re: Morning Legal Briefs
May 16, 2012, 05:04
Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 16, 2012, 05:04
May 16, 2012, 05:04

We should argue stealing helps save money by eliminating profit margins and then get some laws put in place to support that position.....for consumer rights.

Apparently holding asinine opinions helps get laws passed, rational like, "Provide your goods in a fashion to which I want to receive them, unrestricted and charge a price that doesn't seem 10x too high", doesn't work anymore.

Re: Infinity Ward Collects $42M in Royalties
May 16, 2012, 04:58
Re: Infinity Ward Collects $42M in Royalties May 16, 2012, 04:58
May 16, 2012, 04:58

If they pay anything willingly, I just assume they are guilty as hell anymore. Too much BS involved to look at it any other way.

Hope it goes to a jury trial and they get a bunch of people tired of corporate BS and nail their balls to the table and sweep their legs. Damn near any "successful" global corporation deserves it anymore.

Re: Into the Black
May 15, 2012, 06:05
Re: Into the Black May 15, 2012, 06:05
May 15, 2012, 06:05

So another terror cell emerges, Al-Kodak.

May 8, 2012, 07:47
Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 8, 2012, 07:47
May 8, 2012, 07:47

Also I feel like these big companies could take their huge budgets, make a flexible engine and then pump out MMOs for 20-50 million a pop and pick up more customers with the same general engine powering them all.

That way they could experiment with different types of game play and be a little more edgy and still be able to earn what they need to earn back to make it worthwhile. The copy previous formulas, or slightly modified previous formula stuff and then pouring hundreds of millions into it is kinda.......silly.

I think overall the big name guys, everything has to be blockbuster or nothing. And the small name guys are too small to make a polished MMO that would hold up when it went to market...they might be edgy and neat but missing a lot of the basics.

SWTOR did both huge mistakes, released with basic things in the game missing and then went balls deep into a "done to death" formula pouring cash all over it adding companions and voice work to set it apart.

May 8, 2012, 07:42
Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 8, 2012, 07:42
May 8, 2012, 07:42

Dev wrote on May 8, 2012, 05:19:
Veterator wrote on May 8, 2012, 05:09:
I'd like an MMO built on top of a Minecraft like world. Where you can actually build cities, roads, bridges, etc. Just you have to clear the places and defend the places once you do it....
I haven't played it, but isn't 2nd life something like that? And I seem to recall a couple others.

Second Life is kind of like that.....but you're basically an NPC that buys or looks at things unless you create. I haven't seen the combat aspects of it, but the major thing I saw in that game was a lot of marketing and drive to sell you in-game products. People could create different parts and theme park aspects in the game, but I just found the overall experience rife with people selling you things and with a whatever kind of them just happened to be picked up.

I have no idea if people can actually reshape the world or dig tunnels, etc. Got pretty bored trying to figure out some driving point to it all besides it being a glorified chat room. As for the couple others, no idea. Lots of MMOs just drive me nuts with their weird control schemes or asian market layouts and styles with extra grinding on top.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2012, 07:49.

Re: League of Legends Bans
May 8, 2012, 05:17
Re: League of Legends Bans May 8, 2012, 05:17
May 8, 2012, 05:17

Pretty much universal in all games that don't have an active admin on the server.

Hell TF2 has been around for ages and people are vile. Tribes Ascend, lots of mouthy people who play against lesser ranks just to complain about them.

Surest way to kill the longevity of a game is an uncontrolled player base. Im waiting to see what it does to Tribes, but TF2 with admin controls at least let's people shop around.

May 8, 2012, 05:09
Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 8, 2012, 05:09
May 8, 2012, 05:09

So you have creativity, a need for constant resource gathering, reasons to adventure and discover. And all of it while working along side other people who do the different aspects they enjoy of the game.

Far too many MMOs now are combat only and their crafting is weak.

Shadowbane did it a bit with their guild halls.....but I have to confess I knew almost nothing about it because the game ran horrible and I just said screw it after a few weeks of trying to play.

Vanguard did it a bit with boats, houses and guild halls...but they were all pre-planned locations. So......it just shows that it COULD be done.

I'd expect something a little more eye catching than minecraft graphics, but nothing spectacular.

Then if you can allow people to near fully modify your world....you probably have a world that can have volcanoes, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc or spells like them happening without completly destroying frame rates.

I think it'd be refreshing to have to conquer natural barriers, like build a bridge to span a chasm or divert a river to get to some resources...etc. Clear a forest, destroy rocks so you could build the beginnings of your city in the perfect location. Make a completely player controlled territory, where the NPCs are hired and placed by players to stop people from robbing them blind while they are sleeping.

You've got city planning, resource gathering, crafting of various scales, scouting, organized fighting, chances for banditry, etc. And you can still add in your flavor of genre...sci-fi, fantasy, modern, etc.

Ignore the themes and just make a world that allows actual choice to change the a lot of the world. Then each server would be unique and there would be a reason to play on them all, because after year none of them are going to be exactly the same.

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
May 3, 2012, 21:40
Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 3, 2012, 21:40
May 3, 2012, 21:40

I am worried our court system will 'enable' more MPAA shakedowns.

I am worried our highways will be used to distribute MPAA content.

I am worried our politicians are giving MPAA undue power via laws.

I am thinking I have more proof than they do for my concerns.

Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow
Apr 27, 2012, 22:38
Re: TERA Headstarts Today and Tomorrow Apr 27, 2012, 22:38
Apr 27, 2012, 22:38

Played it a bit, thought it was kind of boring. All of the classes seemed too similar and I didn't like the map layout at all. Reminded me a lot of Lineage, which I didn't care for either.
508 Comments. 26 pages. Viewing page 9.
Newer [  1    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    26  ] Older