Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Brooks

Real Name Brooks   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 22, 1999, 05:01
Total Comments 179 (Novice)
User ID 404

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report

64. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 19:10 Zor

Beamer wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:04:
Zor wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 18:01:
nin wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:51:
Also, sea lioning.

lol are you suggesting that I take a different social approach to discussing this?

At some point I think you need to accept that the only thing that will change people's minds is a final product.

I get that seeing the same people say "this is a scam" or some variation in every thread can be annoying, but you won't change their minds and they won't change yours. Until there's a final product no one is right. The main competitor, ED, received similar complaints and, while it didn't shut everyone up, it made those eagerly awaiting it very happy.

not trying to change a mind, just trying to prevent misinformation, lol

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

61. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 18:01 Zor

nin wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:51:
Also, sea lioning.

lol are you suggesting that I take a different social approach to discussing this?

59. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 17:55 Zor

nin wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:48:
Zor wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:46:
Why did yo back them if you have doubts? Is that not a huge contradiction?

The project has vastly changed in scope from when it was on KS.

One of these things is not like the other, lol.

Indeed it has. But, I really don't agree with any logic that would suggest that this is a bad thing. Nor do I have any doubt that they can pull this off.

Plus, even if they can't get everything in that they currently hope for, but still achieve at least what they wanted at the time of the KS, how is that anything but a win for anyone who backed for it at that point in time? You'd still get what you paid for, so I don't get what the problem is. This game, in some shape or form, will "ship" eventually. If you did not doubt that then, why doubt it now?

58. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 17:52 Zor

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:49:
Zor wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:46:
I don't care one way or another if you like or dislike their ways or them personally, nor have I suggested such. How many ways do I have to say that? I am only interested in why you think they aren't making the game or if the problem is that they aren't making it as fast as you would like? Can you not answer that question? Why did yo back them if you have doubts? Is that not a huge contradiction?
When I've backed them this game was supposed to be a fraction of what it is today.
If I could I would get my money back now.
I did believe in them than I don't believe in them now.
Is this clear enough answer to your question?
If not I give up man

No, that's great, as it's finally an answer. I don't really agree with your logic, but there it is anyway.

56. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 17:50 Zor

Vall Forran wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:36:
No business is gonna turn down free money. But, maybe, they should start making a game with it instead of planning expansions and dlc. And, no, arena commander is not a game.

What would you call it? What do you suppose they are actually doing with their time and manpower? Did you used to work for them? I'm really curious as to the nature of YOUR insight on what they are or aren't doing since I'm under the impression that they are developing Star Citizen in a modular fashion with multiple studios and multiple contractors working simultaneously on different facets of the project at the same time while releasing parts of it in a pre-alpha state to backers for feedback while steadily working towards the goal of uniting all of these modules into one large game and universe... /eyeroll

53. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 17:46 Zor

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:30:
Zor wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 17:11:
I think you're refusing to believe that they're not focused on making the game because having something to flame about on the internet is more sensational and fun for you, but whatever.
I wouldn't have backed the project if this would be true.
I have my doubts about Chris Roberts and company and I've shared those doubts with you since you seem to be very interested why I dislike their ways.
If any of my replies to your questions seem like flaming then yeah I guess I am one of those flamers
Especially when I smell the snake oil

I don't care one way or another if you like or dislike their ways or them personally, nor have I suggested such. How many ways do I have to say that? I am only interested in why you think they aren't making the game or if the problem is that they aren't making it as fast as you would like? Can you not answer that question? Why did yo back them if you have doubts? Is that not a huge contradiction?

50. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 17:11 Zor

You are dis informing if you're claiming the game doesn't exist. That's a very untrue and misleading statement...

If all there was of the game were images and videos and promises and pledge packages, I would agree with you, but that isn't the reality.

And I have made no comment whatsoever on your opinion of Chris Roberts as I don't care nor is it relevant to the questions I've asked of you.

If you're going to quote what I say, then please do so fully, accurately, and with context. I did not say the game was "2 years away" I said that it was probably 2 years away from any of it being in BETA, as opposed to pre-alpha, which it is currently.

As far as your dislikes of Chris himself, that's fine and that's up to you. But you've got it wrong if you think they just want to keep raking in more money over making the game. More than once now they have even asked the community if they should stop offering stretch goals and such, and the community said yes keep going! I'm not offering my opinion on that one way or another, but it's how it went down.

I think you're refusing to believe that they're not focused on making the game because having something to flame about on the internet is more sensational and fun for you, but whatever.

48. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 15:35 Zor

well, do you understand the idea behind a pledge and a pledge reward versus buying an in-game good?

I can't buy a ship until the game goes live, but if I feel the urge to pledge some money towards development, they will reward me for doing so with something I will already or eventually see and be able to use in game.

With that understanding, I don't really see what your problem is? And please, don't try to dis inform people by saying the game simply does not exist. There are (very) playable portions of the game available already, yet there are probably at least 2 years left to go before they enter a beta phase with any of it.

So I ask again: did they simply not meet your expectations of when the game should be done already?

46. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 14:54 Zor

what makes you decide that CIG is selling snake oil? have they already exceeded the time you've allotted for them to finish the game or something?  

38. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 09:54 Zor

Wildone wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 07:16:
The proof is in the pudding, fire up the Arena commander and tell me how fuckin lame the ship control is.

are you being serious or sarcastic? can't tell. but anyway, i think the control is rather fantastic myself. it's a crazy level of simulation they have going on and so of course it doesn't fly like ye olde X-Wing or Wing Commander of yore. It's not meant to.

News Comments > Into the Black

4. Re: Into the Black Dec 10, 2014, 10:58 Zor

jeez.. it looks great, and i really do need a new hoodie, but idk if i want to spend more than $40-50 for one.. =/  

News Comments > On Sale

2. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2014, 09:09 Zor

Hmm the Amazon sale link just pulls up recommended items from my browser history..... caching problem?  

News Comments > Op Ed

3. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 13:21 Zor

wow, this was just completely ignorant filth.. and to think he starts his "article" by claiming not to be a troll..

why the hell is anyone of the idea that they know how long this game will or even SHOULD take to create? why are you comparing it to Elite? Elite may have been made on 1/10th the budget but it's also only 1/10th OF THE GAME star citizen is shaping up to become.

"the harsh reality" is that the internet can and will continue to make shit up so they can stand on a stool for 15 seconds and sound sensational and hope to look important and informed.

News Comments > Memorial Crowdfunding Roundup

1. Re: Memorial Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 1, 2014, 13:15 Zor

*edit

woops posted on wrong article, lol

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced

7. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 1, 2014, 10:31 Zor

except it's not called Ultima Underworld: Ascension... notice they're using a trademark next to Underworld Ascension. Looks like they've got it covered already.  

News Comments > Underworld Ascension Announced

5. Re: Underworld Ascension Announced Jul 1, 2014, 10:24 Zor

lol, omg my brother and I loved playing UU as kids before our dad had even purchased a soundcard for his pc. I love how you'd hit something, like punching down a door, and the sound effect was just a BOOOOOOP from the pc speaker. xDDDDD  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

1. domo aregato(sp?) May 23, 2007, 09:53 Zor

I can't even remember how long I've been reading this space now, but I completely agree with the "hidden gem" description. I've shown so many people this website over the years who never had any clue of its existance, and now they visit as often as I do.

For me, the attraction to BluesNews is the lack of bloated design, straightforward information, and lots and lots of topics that interest me above and beyond the game-space. Keep it up Blue!

News Comments > Heroes of the Pacific Announced

27. Re: I'm down with SBD Apr 21, 2004, 14:00 Zor

I'm really excited about this title, and I'm also a big ww2 fan. I have yet to find a ww2 flight title that's suited my style, and the modern sims are just that.. sims. Way too realistic to be fun. Not only that, but the combat is never up close and personal like it was in ww2. Hell, I think the last flight game I really enjoyed playing was Chuck Yeager's Air Combat. Now THAT is an old title.

So far, the screenshots of HotP make it look like the battles from the recent Pearl Harbor film, which were amazing IMO. I hope they keep that look to them in-action. And, like, wow. They used AA! Who'd a thought?

Key elements (IMO) for this game to succeed:
1. next-gen graphics (which we already see are there)
2. movie calibre sound. I want the audio experience of a game like this to rock me like Pearl Harbor did when I saw it in one of the IMAX theaters here in Houston.
3. control--it's being designed on consoles, so I'm guessing the flight control is already being designed for fun rather than busy work. Sure, I want to be responsible for some things a pilot had to be aware of, but not all of it. And holy crap, can we remember that LANDING a plane is NOT fun and NOT easy. If you want your game to frustrate people, make them have to land their plane each mission, or they can't win. BLEH!
4. Co-op campaign/missions.(I think HotP has this?) Dev's seem to have forgotten about this over the last 6 years or so. Guys, co-op is still amazingly fun, and stretches the life of nearly every title that includes it.
5. gripping music. Please, dear lord, have a cinema-composer write up a score for this game.
6. in-game voice communication for multiplayer (I'm sure it's included with the Xbox version, but don't forget PC!)

anyways, I love how this game looks, and I can't wait to see videos of it (and more screenshots). I'm glad it's taking place in the pacific too, since it hasn't been done very much in games that were any good.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

16. Re: Stephen... Sep 30, 2003, 20:02 Zor

ugg.. my day has not been the greatest either..

started out my trip to work by rear-ending a mini-van after getting blinded by the sun and having to slam on my breaks in a pool of water as a car pulled out at the wrong time from a driveway causing the van to stop abruptly.. good times..

better luck for both of us tomorrow, eh Blue?

Cheers,
Brooks

179 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >