Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Brooks

Real Name Brooks   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 22, 1999, 05:01
Total Comments 179 (Novice)
User ID 404

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life

53. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 18, 2015, 15:15 Zor

harlock wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 15:10:
Soulburner wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 15:08:
...and what about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw

a joke made at the expense of all fanboys like you
always puzzles me why people consider corporations to be some sort of person that makes jokes at the expense of their fanboys.. but thats silly

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity

25. Re: Gone Gold - Pillars of Eternity Mar 17, 2015, 17:09 Zor

Good to see a crowd funded game getting finished and released, as that hasn't happened often enough. I hope those of you who got it will be happy with it.

Never played much of that genre on PC growing up so I never experienced all the games that this was inspired from. Closest thing to it was Diablo, and I only say that of the isometric view, lol.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video

24. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 13:00 Zor

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 12:14:
commonperson wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 11:50:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 09:03:
I wonder how much those ships are going to cost in game.

That's something I've been really wondering. They say every ship will be able to be purchased in game but if it's prohibitively expensive that may not be worth it (though if there are ways to make big space bucks may be okay). These are the details that are going to make the difference for me with regards to the game. I'm sitting on my space bucks until there's more stuff to buy (go 25,000). May poke around the store this weekend but I'm curious when they are going to share these numbers.
Probably not until it's closer to release. We'll also need to know how much money we can make with certain activities like trading or piracy etc. Otherwise prices of the ships alone won't say much.

Even the prices on the current online UEC-based market are not meant to reflect ultimate in-game costs.

I would say post-release is the only worthwhile time frame to consider when looking for solid economic in-game info. Everything up to that point will be fluid and change a lot as it develops.

19. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 11:49 Zor

ok?  

17. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 11:36 Zor

Luke wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 11:09:
Alot of convincing going on here for those WHO think they are part of something...... Clown 's

lol, you know... I looked through your past comments and I see one resounding theme. You're an egotistical douche who thinks he knows the future and wants to make sure other people feel like shit if they don't believe him. Have fun with that.

11. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 10:46 Zor

curious to know how you went about installing it?  

9. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 10:27 Zor

Xero wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 10:14:
Same here. Installed it Saturday night to see wtf it was all about.

I honestly had no clue what the hell I was doing as they drop you in a hanger and you kind of aren't told anything.

I managed to get into the ship as that seemed like the obvious thing to do and chose I guess free roam or whatever it was called. I expected the hanger doors to open and I can fly out as seen in the demo videos. Instead it just loaded me immediately into space.

All in all, it ran great but seemed like it had no purpose. I would of preferred they shared something a bit more complete than just a technology show. I was impressed for 5 minutes and then quit to go back into CS GO, lol.

lol, well, that's not a surprising experience if you went in blind. It definitely wouldn't hurt if the launcher had more tutorial info or basic new user info on what there is to do once you load in, what to look for, and how and why to give feedback.

The purpose, so far, is testing and feedback. There really isn't a cohesive game yet and won't be for much of the year, if this year at all. Many parts of it are in concurrent development across their studios and as those parts are fitted together, it will hopefully start to look more like a real game.

6. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 10:13 Zor

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 10:03:
I installed SC yesterday to take advantage of the free week. Putting all the hype and ridiculous promises aside, I like what I see. It is beautiful and it felt pretty good. It does feel more like a tech demo, but I expected that considering the early stage of development.

This game has become the Waterworld of crowd sourced games. People are offended by the excess of money and are extremely skeptical that the promises will be met. The only thing I worry about is the pay to win aspect. In elite it took me forever to get my fully decked out ASP and I'm still far from getting an Imperial Clipper. But the path I took to get to where I am is the game. I don't know what the SC game will be like when people start out with ships that should take a year to acquire.

With all that said, SC looks good and I will definitely be buying in with the crappiest ship possible. The game may ultimately turn into a misguided mess, but it doesn't look like it's going that way right now.

Careful with all this logical and cautious optimism. The haters here who have decided that nothing CIG says or shows off is going to change their made-up minds will rip you to shreds so they feel better about their opinions.

News Comments > Star Citizen is Huge

80. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 16:26 Zor

Jivaro wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 15:06:
Fair enough CJ. I am afraid that it (being those quotes) likely affects your perception of the development process differently than mine though. Which was kind of my point.

Precisely this. And, importantly, it doesn't mean you're wrong.

62. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 13:41 Zor

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 13:14:
OK. Granted. A couple words of truth right there.
And yet you've clearly paid no real attention to that which you agree to be true, otherwise you wouldn't be so clearly angry for nothing and resort to telling anyone who tries to correct you that they're just a fan boy, as if believing someone who's given them no reason yet to not believe them just means you're a delusional fan boy. That about right?

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 13:14:
Roberts has garnered a reputation as a snake oil or used car salesman.

Yes, 'cause he's tried soooo many crowd funded projects already for him to have actually garnered this reputation.

Right?

Oh..

53. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 13:04 Zor

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 12:58:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 12:23:
InBlack wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 12:02:
Im impatient because the game that was originally pitched is not the same one that is currently being developed? Wow, just wow.
Yeah, how dare they upgrade that little shack you bought and give you a mansion for no extra cost. But wait, the front door is red not blue?!? It's an outrage!

C'mon, they are pretty far behind their original schedule, and time does have a cost.

To them, not us. If they run out and never complete the game, then yes that's a huge problem. But, can we agree there's no point in pretending this will happen except for the enjoyment people get out of doing so? If CIG had already tried and failed to make a game this way, then sure, having doubts as to their chance of success would have merit. But c'mon, you've got people proclaiming immanent failure just because they're not happy with how long they have to wait.

46. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 12:49 Zor

Dacron wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 12:30:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 12:19:

nin wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:31:
I wish I'd never backed this on KS. What it was then, and what it is now are completely separate things. Even at $37, I have buyers remorse...
You're annoyed that they're building a game that is bigger and better than they promised at no extra cost? I couldn't be happier with the direction that development has taken.

No extra cost ?

You mean the item he kick started being delayed, broken up into episodes (and delayed further), and the core game he funded being on the back burner isn't costly to him?

Oh you mean they didn't charge him more money for lying, and bait and switching their promises?

How noble of them.

Are you saying that you think CIG is actually CHARGIN people more than what they've elected to pledge? I'm sorry, what?

Oh, let's just ignore the fact that the episodic release of Squadron 42 missions is only for the period of Alpha/Beta development. No one is going to be forced to experience it that way since you can choose to wait for "retail" release and have it all at one time.

And, sure, go ahead and make up the notion that the core game (whatever the hell that even means) is on the back burner. If you understood what was going on at all you'd know that nothing is set in stone in this type of game development. There are disclaimers even on KS as to how features could and would change depending on any number of factors. How many different ways does that have to be said before people bother to listen? Just because you ignore the facts and warning signs doesn't mean a company has been lying to you for doing exactly what they said they could do in the first place.

35. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 12:15 Zor

InBlack wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 12:02:
Zor wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:58:
I did read it. All I see is you whining and making shit up and being butthurt that it's not out yet because, idk, reasons. And impatience. Basically you never should invest in crowd funded game development if this is how you're going to cope with the completely predictable sequence of events.

Im impatient because the game that was originally pitched is not the same one that is currently being developed? Wow, just wow.

Idk, are you? Cause that's not what I said. I said you're butthurt and impatient. I didn't specify any particular reasoning since I haven't a clue what's going through your head. Not to mention that what you're saying is not even remotely true.

Wow, indeed.

33. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:58 Zor

InBlack wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:54:
Zor wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:35:
I don't know why people like you and Inblack continue to just conveniently choose to ignore everything Chris Roberts says about how and why the scope of the game has evolved the way it has relative to the level of crowd funding and community feedback that has been received.

Read my last post (#17) and maybe you will get a glimpse of insight as to why we feel that way. Hint, it's not convenient. Not at all.

I did read it. All I see is you whining and making shit up and being butthurt that it's not out yet because, idk, reasons. And impatience. Basically you never should invest in crowd funded game development if this is how you're going to cope with the completely predictable sequence of events.

32. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:55 Zor

InBlack wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:15:
Zor wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:08:

"How can a space game be so fucking huge???"

the genre of the game has nothing to do with it

Bullshit. It has everything to do with it. Hard-drive space would not be an issue if they would concentrate on doing a Space game first and foremost, instead of and I quote:
The vision of the game is to be the most amazing visual experience on PC, period.

If anything this is even more evidence of the bloat that this project suffers from horribly. I shall call it Bloat Unseen, since the game (or multiple games in one at this point) is not out yet.

The only factual thing you said is that it's not out yet.

29. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:45 Zor

Wildone wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:38:
Oh they got way more than our $37 and all we wanted was a fucking space combat game, what we're getting is everything BUT that and it'll take a quantum computer to even get out of the hangar! LOL

What I wanted was whatever Chris Roberts and his team ultimately want to create. Nothing they've added to it since then bothers me one bit and neither does waiting for it to be implemented.

27. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:38 Zor

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 11:27:
InBlack wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 09:34:
Huh? 100Gbs, and that is with compression...What gives? How can a space game be so fucking huge??? Cryengine level size problems again?

In the end that won't matter, there is still the scheduled "changing game engines" memo still to come.
lol I actually do wonder if that's what CR has been foreshadowing... in his last 10ftC he kinda makes it sound like they're perhaps building their own or doing a conversion of such scale that there won't be much cry left in that engine when they're done with it.

I'm fine with whatever they feel they have to do to get it right, though.

24. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 11:35 Zor

nin wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:31:
InBlack wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 10:15:
Bullshit. It has everything to do with it. Hard-drive space would not be an issue if they would concentrate on doing a Space game first and foremost

"Pew Pew! Let's add in a first person shootar!!!!!"

I wish I'd never backed this on KS. What it was then, and what it is now are completely separate things. Even at $37, I have buyers remorse...

Really? Is this all because it's simply not out yet or because you actually don't want more for your $37 than what they were originally hoping to be able to create? Or is it all just because you don't want to wait for it to be finished?

I don't know why people like you and Inblack continue to just conveniently choose to ignore everything Chris Roberts says about how and why the scope of the game has evolved the way it has relative to the level of crowd funding and community feedback that has been received.

7. Re: Star Citizen is Huge Mar 12, 2015, 10:08 Zor

There are recent games, even a Call of Duty title, that have required >50gb of space for installation. The trend is going nowhere but up, regardless of genre. You're being absurd if you're trying to hold this up as being some kind of fault with CIG or SC. They are making assets with a level of fidelity that is almost unseen in games, and they have to, because that is their promise to those who are supporting development. The vision of the game is to be the most amazing visual experience on PC, period. The storage requirements for such an idea go hand in hand and should not be any kind of surprise to anyone.

"How can a space game be so fucking huge???"

the genre of the game has nothing to do with it

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos

90. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 10, 2015, 19:23 Zor

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 15:59:
Zor wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 14:01:
Perhaps, but that's a different point and one that doesn't detract from the analogy I made. My point was simply regarding length of development time despite other variables. I don't see any point besides the inflammatory to debate or make assumptions that they're going to run out of cash before they finish their project while they're literally still raising money.

BTW, I like your Total Annihilation avatar

Thanks! Probably my favorite series: TA/SupCom.

All of our discussion aside, I think we're on the same page about SC. We both want it to come out well, and understand that can take time. They're doing a lot of innovative stuff that's not been done at this level before. I get all that. Am starting to get a bit concerned is all.

I literally spent a year of high school morning bus rides listening to the TA soundtrack on a cd walkman, lol

179 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >