Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Brooks

Real Name Brooks   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zor
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 22, 1999, 05:01
Total Comments 179 (Novice)
User ID 404

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released

27. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III in November; Preorder for Beta Access; Specs Released Apr 27, 2015, 10:13 Zor

this honestly just makes me want a new Medal of Honor game.. couldn't stomach a CoD game since MW3 and this doesn't look much better. I still can't believe their core gameplay formula is the same as it was in the original WW2 title.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month

30. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 17:40 Zor

Linthat22 wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 15:36:
I just hope Star Citizen doesn't follow the footsteps of ED in needing a HOTAS.
If you would actually pay attention to anything anyone is trying to tell you in direct response to your concern, you'd know that neither game requires a HOTAS. Both games are playable without anything more than a mouse & keyboard if you so choose.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month

6. Re: Elite: Dangerous Powerplay Update Next Month Apr 24, 2015, 10:47 Zor

Linthat22 wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 10:40:
That's why I fear Star Citizen will suck for me. You never needed a HOTAS set up to play Wing Commander. I beat all the games with just a Keyboard.
there, I fixed this for you

News Comments > Star Citizen March Update

18. Re: Star Citizen March Update Apr 8, 2015, 00:34 Zor

crypto wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 18:10:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 17:50:
Nothing I've seen suggests the planetside content will be boring and unnecessary. In fact one of the videos CIG put out explained how they were implementing NPC events (i.e. a bandit might attack you or a shady character will offer you a mission) and allowing people the ability to sneak in weapons in order to make sure players are always on their toes. They recognized that locations like those shown are impressive at first but quickly blend into the background, so they'll be creating dynamic activities to create compelling experiences. Whether they'll deliver is another matter but they're certainly well aware of the mistakes of other games.

He must get paid UAE(?) for these posts, or he should cuz thats some top notch salesmanship right there.
I picture it as being something like Skyrim...

I'm sure you do. lol
Optimism is free... and also frequently and viciously attacked on this site when it comes to Star Citizen, for some reason.

News Comments > Star Citizen March Update

17. Re: Star Citizen March Update Apr 8, 2015, 00:31 Zor

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 20:53:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 17:50:
Nothing I've seen suggests the planetside content will be boring and unnecessary. In fact one of the videos CIG put out explained how they were implementing NPC events (i.e. a bandit might attack you or a shady character will offer you a mission) and allowing people the ability to sneak in weapons in order to make sure players are always on their toes. They recognised that locations like those shown are impressive at first but quickly blend into the background, so they'll be creating dynamic activities to create compelling experiences. Whether they'll deliver is another matter but they're certainly well aware of the mistakes of other games.

I picture it as being something like Skyrim, only a bit more interactive and with other players. As with most elements of the game players will be able to choose what to prioritise, so if you don't care for the planetside locations you can minimise your exposure to them.

The only thing that bothered me about the planetary stuff was that the landing sequence looked to be a non-interactive 2 minute cut scene. That's fine the first few times, but I hope that's skippable.
It's not a cutscene, so no, you can't skip it. It's something that's physically happening in the game world which is why you can still get up and do stuff in your ship while it happens if you want to.

Eventually it will have a non-auto piloted method, if I remember right.

They will use sequences like that to out load and front load data instead of loading screens and stuff.

News Comments > Evening Previews

28. Re: Into the Black Apr 1, 2015, 17:24 Zor

InBlack wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 02:49:
Make it and release it

This is precisely what it is they are doing, and obviously it's not finished yet. Obviously the time it will take to do what CIG wants to do with the resources they now have is going to take longer than what you may have expected in 2012. It's unfortunate that this upsets you so much, but it was in plain English from the start that delays could and would occur. Being unsatisfied with this is entirely your right and is completely due to your own expectations, but why (and I say this to many of you) try to pass it off as if they've done something wrong or try to convince people that they're not doing what the community wants or that it will fail or that it's a scam or that people who still actively back it are fools, etc? That, to me, is a great amount of unwarranted disrespect for a largely adult group of people who are entitled to their choices and what to do with their money. And I make this comment towards any and all of you here that so love to come down on anyone who still has a positive attitude towards this project and the people making it. It truly baffles and saddens me that this site would be home to people with such unbelievable attitudes.

News Comments > Nobody's Fool 2015 Part One

3. Re: Nobody's Fool 2015 Part One Apr 1, 2015, 09:42 Zor

lol the HL3 trailer was hilarious  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M

51. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 17:06 Zor

verybad1 wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 14:16:
Sure, buy an ingame fighter for $250.00.

No way in hell I'm getting involved in this game. Don't get me wrong, I like space games, but it's simply too expensive for me. I'm not spending $250 on an in game anything, it's just ridiculous. The game doesn't need more money, so...
You have a very common misconception on what they are offering for that $250, much less why.

There's no reason to spend any money at all right now unless you want to support development. When the game comes out you can buy it all for ~$60 and get access to the same content as those who spent thousands backing it.

49. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 16:57 Zor

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 12:45:
I hope it flops.
Clearly... lol.

14. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 10:57 Zor

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 09:58:
Zor wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 09:51:
However, since Star Citizen isn't a competitive e-sport or MOBA or something, I'm not sure how people can argue the notion of there being any kind of win condition at all.

Hey I don't know if this will be pay to win, but your definition isn't mine. It doesn't have to be straight up 100% versus game to be P2W in my book. There is plenty going on in SC, that if it does certain things will surely be considered PTW.

I still feel with the hate this game makes there should be two factions, one that bought the pre-release ships vs everyone else. To me that makes a nice line in the sand for sides.

I get your point, but I'd like to make another. The game isn't a theme park; there are no player levels; there is no "gear grind" per say. It's supposed to be a virtual world and economic simulation where your measure of success (or, winning the game) can and will be vastly different from anyone else. With that perspective in mind, can the game ever truly be pay to win? In other words, how do I win the game against or before you when you and I have completely separate goals for the game? Or even on a per-character basis?

I could spend $45 on the game while you spend $4,500. We could then both put in 6 months of time in the game, and yet you would likely never impact my playing experience at all, much less likely ever encounter me, in game. And if you did, it being a skill-based game means our financial investment is null and void. One of us may have a bigger more expensive ship, but then it comes down to player skill to decide friend from foe and then running from a fight (if there is one) or picking one (if there isn't). Course, your larger ship may be a trade vessel, which means nothing when faced with, say, the ship in the subject of this article. If a non-combat ship is your investment, then let's hope you're playing with friends and hired guns that want to play as your security detail.

Or, for the sake of further diversity, let's say I'm in a large exploration ship and you're in a small one, and both of us come across a potential new jump point in the same system. I may have put up a larger pledge to get that ship, while you spent no real cash and bought it in the game after 3 months of in-game earnings. Then it turns out the jump point is only navigable by smaller ships, and I can't even bother with it in my larger one.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 2015, 11:15.

8. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 09:51 Zor

Creston wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 09:12:
I like how they've now gone from selling ships to a non-complete game to selling "limited concepts" of ships to a non-complete game.

It won't be too much longer until they reach the vaunted EA level. (Where EA sold an expansion to an MMO, UO in that particular case, but when people came home and opened the box, all it contained was a note saying "Hey, the expansion isn't actually ready yet, but you'll get it When It's Done(tm)!" )

In any case, their ability to sell stuff is surely unparalleled in the known universe.

lol, did they really? With the UO thing? That's pretty funny (and horrible).

As far as the wide spread consternation over them "selling" ships, it's all in how you look at it, to me. I still look at it as rewards for pledging a certain amount of money towards development, just as it was during kickstarter. The difference is at least now you can see the ship you're pledging for!

At the end of the day, though, selling something and accepting donations are two separate things. I feel like the bashing going on over "selling" ships is just an excuse for the people who claim it's pay2win. However, since Star Citizen isn't a competitive e-sport or MOBA or something, I'm not sure how people can argue the notion of there being any kind of win condition at all.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $76M

17. Re: Star Citizen Hits $76M Mar 25, 2015, 19:30 Zor

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 18:30:
Best ever, at 13:07 Joe writes in and wants a way to scan players joining the ship to see if they have weapons and not allow them to board if they do, to avoid a mutiny.

Chris, well we don't have that today, but it is a good idea, doesn't seem to hard. We'll do it!

Love this guy, what the hell has every other dev been doing out there? Saying no, slacking, obviously.
I do think it's cool that he appears to pretty candidly consider stuff like that in these shows, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. I do feel that he's sincere with everything he says and wants to do but only time will tell. Lord knows they have the money at least.

I am piqued by the news of the Google engineers' visit and ideas.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $76M

15. Re: Star Citizen Hits $76M Mar 25, 2015, 17:49 Zor

Jackplug wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 15:28:
Taxes,wtf!! Is this a space game or reality?!?! I wanna get away from real life not want to be arguing over a tax form and how much taxes I am gonna be charged!
It's a simulation on many levels.

Had to pay taxes/upkeep on things in Star Wars Galaxies, never bothered me.

News Comments > PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia

17. Re: PC Exclusive Halo Online Revealed for Russia Mar 25, 2015, 17:40 Zor

first Borderlands Online in China, now Halo Online in Russia...? WTF?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Version 1.1

43. Re: Star Citizen Version 1.1 Mar 23, 2015, 14:27 Zor

Tumbler wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 10:22:
I was able to get a few games in on Saturday, sadly after the first two the servers died and I gave up and went to another game. I was going to test out the Aurora with upgraded guns but never got the chance. The rec store works well, it's alarming that the top of the line ships are missing. SH in particular is the ship most people point to for the game being p2w...so how does that ship not make it in!?
That's just their way of focusing testing where they want it.

I can't wait to see what a Retaliator or Constellation will do against the Super Hornets. The high shield strength combined with good player-crewed gun turrets should be a rather potent combo.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 23, 2015, 10:26 Zor

When will large patches stop being news?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Version 1.1

15. Re: Star Citizen Version 1.1 Mar 22, 2015, 16:46 Zor

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 16:27:
Tom wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:19:
I wonder what version it will be at when (if?) it becomes a fun, playable game. 1.5? 2.0? 36.0.4?
The answer is 0.9 and it was released 6 months ago.

verybad1 wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:44:
Linksil wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:04:
How do we have version 1.1 (not a beta) when the game isn't released. *sigh* Numbering of versions in a lot of games has annoyed me of late.

Exactly sorta what I was gonna post. Really don't like the way they're running their show. Guess it makes money, but I get the feeling there will be a lot of unfulfilled dreams at the end.
Version numbers are meaningless. Do I care that Chrome is version 41? No, I care whether it's a decent browser. CIG doesn't make any money by calling it 1.1 instead of 0.1 or 0.0001.

Some people really do get worked up about meaningless shit.

What people should be moaning about is the fact that the new download system required uninstalling the game and redownloading it all again. People should be annoyed that the original upload for 1.1 was corrupted, meaning that downloads had to be reset. People should be annoyed despite that issue being fixed the install still crapped out at the end, with the workaround to be enabling patch repair under settings. People should be annoyed that the online multiplayer is broken, with CIG advising people not to bother until Monday.

But sure, let's complain about the version numbers. Wall2

PS - After all the trouble it's a decent update, it's just it was badly handled.

All that stuff happening is, of course, completely unacceptable for a retail release. That's why we need to remember this is still a project in development. Given that, it's not really worth moaning over at all if you're understanding of what you're taking part of. Shit's gonna break, or not work, and that's just how it is for now.

If they pull a "BF4" or "AC:Unity" some other similar giant fuck up at retail launch as well, then THAT will be worth throwing a few stones over.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2015, 12:58 Zor

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 10:48:
I have no hope for Star Wars BF. The old one is still played because you can host your own server and play offline or in coop against bots. I doubt the new one will offer either.
playing offline I definitely wouldn't count on, but bots could be in the cards if they tapped into any of the original devs from the first 2 games in deciding what features to include, I guess? lol this game is so behind-closed-doors that it's hard to even make an educated guess as to what they will bother doing with respect to it's forebears. I just hope we don't have to load the damn thing from a crummy web-app =/

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2015, 09:59 Zor

Shineyguy wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 09:43:
"Star Wars Battlefront not coming to PS3 or Xbox 360"

A very good thing IMO. Enjoyed previous Battlefront games, but I'm worried that this will just be Battlefield re-skinned to fit in the Star Wars universe.
You mean like Hardline?

News Comments > Newell on Half-Life

81. Re: Newell on Half-Life Mar 19, 2015, 11:40 Zor

harlock wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 16:33:
Zor wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 15:15:
harlock wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 15:10:
Soulburner wrote on Mar 18, 2015, 15:08:
...and what about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw

a joke made at the expense of all fanboys like you
always puzzles me why people consider corporations to be some sort of person that makes jokes at the expense of their fanboys.. but thats silly

did you think that video was made by Valve Inc.? Silly kid.. that video was made by Neil Stephenson.. hes an author. In the video, he included a man named Gabe Newell, who said a line.

Did you follow all that? Maybe you need some kind of medication, or something. Or just go lie down and have a nappy time.

In the context of the other comments, Valve Inc. was the heart of the discussion and the points being made, and you know that. Gabe's "character" in the video is representative of his company in the context of the video, and you know that as well.

Yeah, you didn't like me using your own logic against your argument so you omit the context of the prior comments to fit your new one? Great, that's mature. And you're calling ME a kid... You really need to grow up and move past your need to pointlessly try and insult me or anyone else here.

179 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >