Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Milo Bloom

Real Name Milo Bloom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rist3903
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description I'm just this guy, you know?
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2000, 02:02
Total Comments 990 (Graduate)
User ID 3937

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Shadow Vault Unveiled
9. Hmm Jun 8, 2003, 13:48 rist3903

I wonder if parts of your army wink out of existence when they kill their own ancestors.

edit: a '?' didn't feel quite right at the end of the sentence.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 13:49.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MOO3 Patch
3. Re: Did you see that list of fixes? Jun 6, 2003, 20:09 rist3903

It would be folly for the company to put out a manual now. There will undoubtedly be a large amount of changes in the patch that comes after this one, rendering quite a bit of the new manual obsolete. Would you want them to release a new manual then? The only way to keep a manual up to date in a cost effective manner is to put it online. If they did so with a format that could be downloaded and printed then all the better.

edit: added the word 'after'

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 20:15.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Tore up my card May 21, 2003, 17:50 rist3903

I don't go to blockbusters anymore since they made noon the return time for their movies. Screw that!

News Comments > Washington's Game Law
25. Re: This will be overturned May 21, 2003, 01:18 rist3903

I dunno, were entering times of extreme conservatism here. They will just blame games for all evil in recorded history, pat themselves on the back and run with it.

News Comments > Washington's Game Law
17. This has been happening for a while May 20, 2003, 22:26 rist3903

I was carded at a target way back when buying wolfenstein, and I look way older than 18.

News Comments > Consolidation
10. Re: Xbox to PC May 18, 2003, 20:29 rist3903

'PC gaming online is regularly ruined by some asshole who wants to see his name at the top of a chart, but lacks anything resembling the skill it takes to get there. SO FAR, XBLive doesn't have problems like that. hopefully it'll continue to stay that way.'

Preach on brother HoSpanky. Can I get an amen!

News Comments > Star Wars: Republic Commando Revealed
5. Re: No subject May 13, 2003, 21:53 rist3903

Dunno. Im just glad its not third person perspective.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege II Announced
28. Its true May 13, 2003, 20:55 rist3903

Dungeon siege one was poop on a stick

News Comments > James Bond Will Return...
9. Re: No subject May 12, 2003, 17:59 rist3903

Was NightFire the console game with really terrible controls that you couldn't reconfigure? Strafe was on the same analog stick as aim up and down and turn left and right was on the one with move forward and back. If so, BLEARGH. Bad, unconfigurable controls can ruin, absolutely ruin, a game.

Also, I dont think there was a way to invert the look up and down as well. Double BLEARGH!

News Comments > Lords of EverQuest Preview, Q&A
1. Battle of the titans May 11, 2003, 15:50 rist3903

Are the powers that be behind Everquest annoyed that Blizzard is stepping on their turf with World of Warcraft?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2003-04-18&res=l

edit: changed an 'r' to an 'f'
This comment was edited on May 11, 16:29.

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Wondering Apr 16, 2003, 15:45 rist3903

Its a look that would sit well with an anime styled game. I haven't seen anything that looks right with it yet though.
I would love to see it used for a cowboy bebop game, but anything they would make along those lines would likely be linear. Bleah.

rist3903

36. Re: Which OS are you? Apr 13, 2003, 20:10 rist3903

I know a guy who is a big fan of OS/2. Every time it comes up (which is pretty often, but not by me) he extolls the virtues of it. Man, is that guy fun to talk to.

edited for proper capitalization, and whatnot.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 20:11.

30. fred Apr 12, 2003, 17:10 rist3903

This guy must have no life whatsoever. Either that or he's your archnemesis. Or both. Made any enemies in the past blue?

17. Re: Scientists clone endangered cattle Apr 9, 2003, 16:44 rist3903

I completely agree with you that humans are the catalyst in this. Didn't want to come off like a raving nut job in the first post, but since you brought it up.. *grin*

What I am trying to say is this: Yes we could bring back leatherback seaturtle, but if we set a couple loose straight from the cloning vat (simplified for humor's sake) where they used to roam- but they would get slaughtered or just die off again. The problem is, the natural habitat they used to live in isn't there anymore. Sure, like I said before, we can put a couple up in a zoo somewhere, like we are currently doing with animals we haven't managed to kill off yet, but give us x amount of years and the zoos for extinct/barely hanging on/resurrected animals are going to get pretty damned crowded. Meanwhile, we are going to be facing massive problems of our own as we realize the habitats we are destroying are the ones we prefer to live in. There won't be enough money to support these mega zoos. Sure reviving exceptionally cute animals will raise awareness of our destructiveness, but it is wrong to bring back the animal and then put it in a cage somewhere. These people claim that bringing back these creatures will help to maintain biodiversity, but what they really need are the habitats to support them. And I don't see the world human population shrinking any time soon, barring nuclear war. But that won't make this big ball of mud any more livable for them than it will us- at least not for the next ten thousand years or so.

I'm not saying write them off. I'm just saying that they are much cheaper to store as a couple frozen cells than a big animal who has a new habitat (the zoo) that will just shrink and disappear just like the old one did. Lets bring them back when we have the presence of mind to curtail our breeding so that they will have some breathing room.

rist3903

6. Scientists clone endangered cattle Apr 9, 2003, 11:53 rist3903

"We hope that the birth of these animals will open the way for a new strategy to help maintain valuable biodiversity and to respond to the challenge of large-scale extinctions ahead."

How?

This statement is fundamentally flawed. Animals go extinct because they are unable to compete in their natural habitat. Keeping these animals alive would be like keeping a candle lit in a rainstorm. Sure they could be part of some zoo somewhere, but don't expect their original niche to be accepting applications any time soon.

rist3903

News Comments > On Doom III & the Xbox
91. Re: add ons Apr 7, 2003, 16:41 rist3903

Not reaction time, reaction. Not knowing what lies around the next corner, being able to deduce from noise where your opponent is and popping out and blasting him. Or, seeing that an opponent has more powerful weaponry than you do, pulling back into an area you have come from, and using the recently aquired knowledge about your surroundings against him. As for resource control, it doesnt add much to my gameplay. I prefer to be on the move than sitting still. And if you are talking about knowing the exact moment when the quad will respawn and have set up a route that places you over it at that exact moment, that is what I was referring to as 'my pattern is superior to your pattern' type gameplay. As for anticipating your opponent, deception and psychology, I think these would become bigger factors in random maps. You only know nothing about the maps at the beginning of the round. Flexibility would be much more a key to the game. The most fun I have ever had on traditional multiplayer maps was right at the very beginning, when nobody knew jack about the map. You could make shit up as you went along, finding convenient places in the architecture, noting them, and using them to your advantage, as it hadn't become ingrained in the other players to always check there.

rist3903

85. Re: add ons Apr 7, 2003, 12:12 rist3903

I have to admit though, a random map generator does sound pretty appealing. Not to those who love to memorize maps and take advantage of all the little tricks such knowledge gives them, but it would level the playing field- make the game more about skill of reaction rather than 'my pattern is superior to your pattern' gameplay.

rist3903

76. Re: btw blue Apr 7, 2003, 02:03 rist3903

I thought a gamecube was comparative in performance to a 'box. Seeing as how the story is about the unlikelihood of d3 being an xbox exclusive, and that ps2 is not going to be able to run it process of elimination would indicate that the cube is viable for it.

rist3903

31. ps2 d3 Apr 6, 2003, 16:38 rist3903

Will they even try to release doom3 on the ps2? I don't own one, and correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it getting a little long in the tooth for software as advanced as d3?

rist3903

News Comments > On Jedi Knight III
64. The single player Apr 1, 2003, 21:52 rist3903

Single player had it's moments. I liked listening in on conversations between the troopers before I walked in and... diced them. The console command to make your saber razor off limbs was absolutely awesome. I know that raven is a big fan of third person saberfighting and all, but I can't stand controlling my presence like you would a remote control car. I want to have a first person perspective while I chop. I know about and used the first person only perspective, but then don't get to pull off the cool special moves that are limited to the third person. Annoying.
In multiplayer I couldn't find any way to force first person perspective and so after a week or two gave it a pass. Wouldn't have been able to use the special moves in first person anyways..

rist3903

990 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo