Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Milo Bloom

Real Name Milo Bloom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rist3903
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm just this guy, you know?
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2000, 02:02
Total Comments 968 (Graduate)
User ID 3937

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo II Patched
6. Re: Diablo II Patched Oct 29, 2011, 10:52 rist3903

I am going to have to fire this game back up to test out those anti-spam changes they implemented.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Data Jammers: FastForward and Demo Released
1. Re: Data Jammers: FastForward and Demo Released Oct 24, 2011, 13:30 rist3903

This game looks great but please, please change the name you go by to anything but DATA D.O.O.D (Digital Operative Optical Data).

I don't know if I can get over that.

News Comments > Humble Bundle Makes $1M
2. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 13:10 rist3903

The game SpaceChem looks quite good from this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjYOYtd298o

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
40. Re: id On RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 23:34 rist3903

We do not see id as a leading designer for games.  

News Comments > Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs
17. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 28, 2011, 20:07 rist3903

...and 10,000 extra in-game credits

Perhaps it is just my methodical play style, but this seems to be about as moot a bonus as you could possibly get.

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
10. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 17:32 rist3903

No more town portals? Seems like those would solve the knock at the door problem.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
3. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 13, 2011, 10:04 rist3903

Wasn't Valve supposed to release some free dlc this summer for Portal 2? New co-op missions and whatnot. Perhaps this is it.

Only without the new co-op missions and whatnot.

News Comments > Rumored Syndicate Details Promise a "Visceral FPS Experience"
49. Re: Rumored Syndicate Details Promise a Sep 12, 2011, 03:11 rist3903

The agents in syndicate had regenerating health, so that translates well to modern FPS's I suppose.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement
5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement Sep 8, 2011, 14:03 rist3903

I hate pay to play DLC, and yet I love Deus Ex.

I am conflicted!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 4, 2011, 13:51 rist3903

What type of cheese?  

News Comments > Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel
14. Re: Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel Sep 1, 2011, 14:35 rist3903

I have a minor criticism though. My inventory is full and I pretty much have everything I want or need so there's no more thrill at discovering weapons or ammo or mods or anything like that. That aspect of the game has basically disappeared which is a shame. In DX1 there was stuff to acquire right up to the last levels and I was always happy when I found sniper ammo or tranq darts or aug upgrade modules or cattle prod charges. In HR now it's all about XP and money to buy more Praxis and pretty soon I'll be upgraded as much as I care to be so even that will lose its luster.

Some of it is the fact that with stealthy takedowns you no longer need things like tranq darts or stun gun ammo like you did in DX1. Also in DX1 you could shoot out cameras and even some doors with sniper rifle but the HR rifle can't do that so I have no use for it. I just dumped my rocket launcher and I'll probably get rid of the tranq rifle too and probably the combat rifle as I just don't see a use for those down the road so I don't care about finding ammo for them either.

I agree that ammo was not a concern in the least. I sold everything I didn't need and then money wasn't a concern either. There should have been some concern!

This is taking a page from MMO's a bit but it would have been cool if you could donate ammo and equipment you didn't need to some cause you believe in -if you gave them enough it would alter the world in some way. Would have been neat to pick your cause. An example would be some anti big brother movement where they would eventually sabotage random security cameras you would come across in your travels.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken
13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 30, 2011, 22:02 rist3903

I am hoping this all means they are planning on putting out more Deus Ex content in a timely manner, and hopefully not in microtransaction DLC form.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
123. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 12:49 rist3903

Are you talking about the level streaming? Whenever you enter an area, it has to stream in and that's going to cause hitching regardless of your system.

If it is streaming, it is taking its sweet time, as I have loaded an area and started moving 3 minutes later and had it still chunk while I turned. it seems to be fine once I turn all directions but has a hard time with the initial look around. This only happens on the big maps, like Detroit and whatnot.

116. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 11:35 rist3903

Not sure, though. I've hardly paid attention to when I get it, and though I strive for it I am not making it a true goal. Otherwise I'd probably quick-load anytime I was noticed.

Quickload? I have yet to find one.

108. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 10:48 rist3903

There's another link about CPU performance under today (Monday's) Tech Bits.

Checking it out. Cripes, do I have to upgrade again?

105. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 10:00 rist3903

DirectX 9 or 11? (edit: Guess you're running 9 is you're using XP)
Looking at this chart (last one, CPU Usage) it looks like if you're using 9 and 2 cores, it could take up to 100% of the proc, which may be what you're seeing.

Also, Blue posted this, and you cold try and tweak your settings a bit.

Hmm that guide said Directx 11 had more CPU utilization than 9. Perhaps it is finally time to contemplate upgrading my operating system.

Thanks for the prompt replies!

99. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 09:30 rist3903

What's your proc? I saw something awhile back that basically said the more cores you had, the better, performance wise.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz with more ram than I need for Xp, which I am running.

I thought I should have no problems with this and I am only running at 1280*1024 which is my monitor's max.

96. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 09:11 rist3903

I am absolutely loving this game, but it is not running well on my computer and I am extremely interested to know why. I have a GTX 460 and a decent two year old motherboard so I don't think I should be getting choppy frame rate while turning on the larger maps, but there it is. This crops up whenever I load as well, unfortunately. Any suggestions?

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2011, 09:17.

News Comments > GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons
57. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 25, 2011, 02:48 rist3903

I can't believe Gamestop is making me root for Onlive.

Lesser of two evils, I suppose.

News Comments > Trine 2 Co-op Trailer
5. Re: Trine 2 Co-op Trailer Aug 18, 2011, 19:25 rist3903

I originally ignored all the chatter about this game, because it read bad 'on paper', but holy hell, they did a good job with 3D side scrolling looking great...

Now if only castlevania could do this...

I constantly daydreamed while playing through the first one about what these guys could have done with the Castlevania or dare I say Metroid license.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2011, 07:50.

968 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo