Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Milo Bloom

Real Name Milo Bloom   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname rist3903
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I'm just this guy, you know?
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 13, 2000, 02:02
Total Comments 976 (Graduate)
User ID 3937

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Coming
9. Re: Battle.net Balance Coming Dec 10, 2011, 06:20 rist3903

Also, if you are paying attention Blizzard, please put in an offline mode for Starcraft II. It doesn't actually have to be offline, but if I could appear offline to others and not see their activity as well that would be capital.

Having friends who were playing World of Warcraft message me while I was playing online versus people was a key factor in my increased time spent not playing your product. I also got messaged while playing the single player mode and I could not pause the game to respond to them, I could only respond while the game was running.

WTF is up with that! Seriously.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced
1. Re: Vietnamese Shooter 7554 Announced Dec 8, 2011, 21:01 rist3903

All right, but the title sounds like a Vietnamese shooter simulator.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 3, 2011, 20:41 rist3903

How were they not already on the list?  

News Comments > Steam Hardware Survey
14. Re: Steam Hardware Survey Dec 3, 2011, 19:32 rist3903

Why is a hardware survey monitoring what software you have installed?
It is a hardware and software survey. Says so right on the page.

News Comments > More on DOOM 3 Source Release
8. Re: More on DOOM 3 Source Release Nov 16, 2011, 14:58 rist3903

Rage may not have been the masterpiece some people expected it to be, but it will be a sad day for PCs when Carmack is not around to push for things like this.
Carmack is fantastic at creating engines for games. The games themselves, not so much.

News Comments > Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours?
36. Re: Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours? Nov 15, 2011, 12:48 rist3903

So, yes, some PC gamers are entitled shits.

Apparently I am an entitled shit, because I am holding out for them to fix some mouse issues before I buy this game. Hoping for some user interface love too, but not holding my breath.

I haven't pirated it or anything, I am just keeping an eye on the forums where there is a lot of bitching going on about the aforementioned issues.

News Comments > PC Dungeon Defenders Sells 200K
11. Re: PC Dungeon Defenders Sells 200K Nov 3, 2011, 10:17 rist3903

They already released a special event on the PC. Halloween Spooktacular. It added 8 costumes, a new mission and new weapons. PC is still getting lots of love. So don't take the special event for consoles as a dick move towards the PC. If anything, PC gets more love than any other platform right now.

Okay perhaps that was a bit hasty on my part. Instead of what I originally thought it to be, it is merely a terribly misguided press release. They ought to decouple:

game doing quite well amongst people in group A.

As a result, we are giving perks to people in groups B and C.

because if you put those together, it totally sounds like a dick move. Even if it isn't.

News Comments > PC Dungeon Defenders Sells 200K
7. Re: PC Dungeon Defenders Sells 200K Nov 3, 2011, 07:14 rist3903

So it sells really well on the PC, not so much on the consoles, and because of this they will have special events on the PS3 and 360?

Dick move!

News Comments > Diablo II Patched
6. Re: Diablo II Patched Oct 29, 2011, 10:52 rist3903

I am going to have to fire this game back up to test out those anti-spam changes they implemented.  

News Comments > Data Jammers: FastForward and Demo Released
1. Re: Data Jammers: FastForward and Demo Released Oct 24, 2011, 13:30 rist3903

This game looks great but please, please change the name you go by to anything but DATA D.O.O.D (Digital Operative Optical Data).

I don't know if I can get over that.

News Comments > Humble Bundle Makes $1M
2. Re: Humble Bundle Makes $1M Oct 11, 2011, 13:10 rist3903

The game SpaceChem looks quite good from this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjYOYtd298o

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
40. Re: id On RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 23:34 rist3903

We do not see id as a leading designer for games.  

News Comments > Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs
17. Re: Two Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Packs Sep 28, 2011, 20:07 rist3903

...and 10,000 extra in-game credits

Perhaps it is just my methodical play style, but this seems to be about as moot a bonus as you could possibly get.

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
10. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 17:32 rist3903

No more town portals? Seems like those would solve the knock at the door problem.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
3. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 13, 2011, 10:04 rist3903

Wasn't Valve supposed to release some free dlc this summer for Portal 2? New co-op missions and whatnot. Perhaps this is it.

Only without the new co-op missions and whatnot.

News Comments > Rumored Syndicate Details Promise a "Visceral FPS Experience"
49. Re: Rumored Syndicate Details Promise a Sep 12, 2011, 03:11 rist3903

The agents in syndicate had regenerating health, so that translates well to modern FPS's I suppose.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement
5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement Sep 8, 2011, 14:03 rist3903

I hate pay to play DLC, and yet I love Deus Ex.

I am conflicted!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 4, 2011, 13:51 rist3903

What type of cheese?  

News Comments > Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel
14. Re: Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel Sep 1, 2011, 14:35 rist3903

I have a minor criticism though. My inventory is full and I pretty much have everything I want or need so there's no more thrill at discovering weapons or ammo or mods or anything like that. That aspect of the game has basically disappeared which is a shame. In DX1 there was stuff to acquire right up to the last levels and I was always happy when I found sniper ammo or tranq darts or aug upgrade modules or cattle prod charges. In HR now it's all about XP and money to buy more Praxis and pretty soon I'll be upgraded as much as I care to be so even that will lose its luster.

Some of it is the fact that with stealthy takedowns you no longer need things like tranq darts or stun gun ammo like you did in DX1. Also in DX1 you could shoot out cameras and even some doors with sniper rifle but the HR rifle can't do that so I have no use for it. I just dumped my rocket launcher and I'll probably get rid of the tranq rifle too and probably the combat rifle as I just don't see a use for those down the road so I don't care about finding ammo for them either.

I agree that ammo was not a concern in the least. I sold everything I didn't need and then money wasn't a concern either. There should have been some concern!

This is taking a page from MMO's a bit but it would have been cool if you could donate ammo and equipment you didn't need to some cause you believe in -if you gave them enough it would alter the world in some way. Would have been neat to pick your cause. An example would be some anti big brother movement where they would eventually sabotage random security cameras you would come across in your travels.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken
13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Broken Aug 30, 2011, 22:02 rist3903

I am hoping this all means they are planning on putting out more Deus Ex content in a timely manner, and hopefully not in microtransaction DLC form.  

976 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo