Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1191 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
13. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 10, 2015, 23:18 JohnBirshire

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 23:06:

As for editing three files, meh, took me about five minutes to edit and add. Isn't that one of the perks of PC gaming?

Was the principal. Can't even put in a FoV slider for your PC version? That's like PC 101. You also can't edit a lot of the controls in game either. If they can't get these basic things right, I'm going to assume they didn't get a lot of other stuff right either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
10. Refund please. Nov 10, 2015, 22:39 JohnBirshire

I asked for a Steam refund already.

Sound issues right off the bat, could hear the female speaking, but males lips just moved with no sound. Half the controls would not work, check forums, countless complaints about the interface, gave up. No in-game option for changing FoV or turning off mouse acceleration? I don't care if you can turn it off by editing files *you actually have to edit 3 files each*, this is clearly a console port with not even one ounce of PC-centric effort.

Epic failure. Incredibly disappointing, have been playing Bethesda games since Arena: The Elder Scrolls.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer
2. Re: Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer Oct 12, 2015, 23:35 JohnBirshire

Every video I've seen has made this game look incredibly repetitive.  

News Comments > No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition
15. Why would anyone even buy it? Oct 12, 2015, 00:23 JohnBirshire

Are they hardcore Might and Magic Heroes fans that buy all of them, event he ones that suck like this one?  

News Comments > Master of Orion Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Master of Orion Gameplay Trailer Oct 2, 2015, 21:24 JohnBirshire

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 19:52:
I hope they don't fuck up the age old problem of auto resolve vs manual resolve... (they only showed auto-resolve, but manual is planned... which is kinda meh, I hated combat in MOO...)
I'd have to disagree, and I would think you are an overwhelming minority. It was a lot of fun designing your own ships and seeing your newly developed weapons in combat.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Combat Change Plans
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Combat Change Plans Oct 2, 2015, 21:21 JohnBirshire

I wish they would redo the engine in some way, the game feels "clunky". Hard to describe, but just isn't smooth like many other MMOs.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 27, 2015, 21:54 JohnBirshire

NicklePop wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 21:12:
Elite is fantastic.

I watched people play it on Twitch several times when I was thinking about buying it, and it seemed incredibly boring and monontous. They were all just repeating the same tasks over and over. Didn't see any compelling reason to buy it.

You guys need to look at the prices before you make comments about games "falling down the list". Several of those games wouldn't have even been on it without significant discounts.

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
5. Yeah.... Sep 15, 2015, 17:53 JohnBirshire

Nope.

Not going near that one.

News Comments > Shadowhand Announced
10. Re: Shadowhand Announced Sep 15, 2015, 00:19 JohnBirshire

Hopefully it goes on Early Access sale, we need more of that too.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Footage
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Footage Sep 13, 2015, 12:04 JohnBirshire

Ahh crap, do I have to play this game in 3rd person in order not to be at a disadvantage?

My desire to play this just plummetted.

News Comments > GOG.com Indie Piņatas
14. Re: GOG.com Indie Piņatas Sep 13, 2015, 01:28 JohnBirshire

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 17:43:
I've never seen Napoleon Dynamite - and have no desire to either.
Why? It's actually a pretty good movie and largely original. Not something you can say much nowadays.

News Comments > GOG.com Indie Piņatas
4. Doh, ended up with games I already owned! Sep 12, 2015, 14:16 JohnBirshire

I bought 3 Pinatas...and ended up with 3 games I already owned on Steam.

Well, crap. That backfired.

Edit: Although, for the record, I got $30 worth of games for $9. So that's something at least.

News Comments > New GTA Online Mode Next Week
7. Re: New GTA Online Mode Next Week Sep 10, 2015, 20:49 JohnBirshire

harlock wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 17:39:
this is what it shoulda been from the beginning... the lobbies and all that shit are ridiculous

I agree. I couldn't wait to do freemode, then loaded it up for the first time just to find out it was a glorified chatroom.

News Comments > Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: "Call Me"
8. Publicity stunt... Sep 4, 2015, 12:08 JohnBirshire

He knows damn well he has 0 chance of every acquiring the IP from Disney.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Sep 4, 2015, 10:56 JohnBirshire

Why do they end free weekends at 1 pm on a Sunday?! Asinine. That is a huge chunk of weekend playing time being missed out on. Should call it "3/4 of a free weekend".  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October
17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 30, 2015, 01:26 JohnBirshire

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 29, 2015, 21:42:

So you bought the expansion.... But don't want it?

I didn't think it made any sense to buy the core game only, when they were offering it for free if I bought the expansion. I didn't want to have to turn around and buy the expansion a month after I just bought the core game if I liked it enough to keep playing.

But then they make the core game free to play a day later, defeating the point. If I end up not liking the game, I just threw $50 away. I'll send support a message asking for a refund, see what they say, and stick to the core game for now. If they refuse, I'll reverse the payment, telling my card carrier that they started giving it away for free a day later.

If you buy an item in a store, then it goes on sale the next day, you can return it and get the sale price. They should have offered something similar here, but didn't.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October
12. Re: Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns in October Aug 29, 2015, 21:08 JohnBirshire

Bah!!!

This pisses me off. I paid $50 to preorder so I can start playing the base game, and then 24 hours later I read that it is going FTP. I am half tempted to call my CC and reverse the transaction.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Open Beta
4. Better than I expected... Aug 29, 2015, 15:28 JohnBirshire

I randomly play CoD games, as some are worth buying, some are worth skipping.

Was pretty skeptical based on forum comments and the fact that I wasn't very impressed by gameplay videos, but I downloaded the beta and it is actually a pretty good game.

A lot of diversity with templates due to many options with kits and special abilities, and the sound effects are a notable improvement.

Some of the default options were "huh?!", like mic always on unless you change it to push to talk, FoV starting at 65 *can bump up to 90*, etc. So make sure you look at the options before you start playing.

Some CoD are a lot of fun, some are a must-miss, but this one is something I'll give some thought to buying.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2015, 20:35 JohnBirshire

Either Blue himself, or a regular website visiter that forwards him stories, is an anti-bitcoin shill. Just negative story after negative story after negative story posted here.

Bitcoin could cure cancer, and you'd still only find a negative story about it on bluesnews, lol.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway
8. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Beta Weekend Underway Aug 8, 2015, 23:35 JohnBirshire

Is this game still considered "skill" based?

Or did they introduce skill/gear grind, aka time played>skill.

1191 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo