Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1196 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 12, 2015, 15:52 JohnBirshire

Does this game still have a skill cap that takes roughly 3,600 hours to hit? It is simply unattainable unless 16 hours a day of your entire life is devoted to it.

That's the only reason I don't play it. I preferred games like UO where it took quite a bit of effort to reach skill cap, but was still doable for most people. I like a somewhat level playing field where skill matters more than time spent grinding.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
14. Re: Honestly much appreciated... Dec 4, 2015, 23:04 JohnBirshire

I am obsessed with Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. I will play it and go 10-0 in duels, go 10-0 in duels again, go 10-0 in duels again, go 9-1 due to some BS, and ragequit "permanently" by deleting all trace of local content.

But with the damn game sitting in my library, it just keeps tempting me. I've deleted it "for good"...only to later reinstall it at least 25 times.

Thank god they finally gave us the option to remove it from our library. Perhaps making me pay money for it over and over will finally help me kick this addiction.

Haven't had this problem since Ultima Online, hopefully won't have it again.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
13. Honestly much appreciated... Dec 4, 2015, 23:03 JohnBirshire

I am obsessed with Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. I will play it and go 10-0 in duels, go 10-0 in duels again, go 10-0 in duels again, go 9-1 due to some BS, and ragequit "permanently" by deleting all trace of local content.

But with the damn game sitting in my library, it just keeps tempting me. I've deleted it "for good" and reinstalled it at least 25 times.

Thank god they finally gave us the option to remove it from our library. Perhaps making me pay money for it over and over will finally help me kick this addiction.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
1. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 26, 2015, 13:10 JohnBirshire

Whenever I hear about how great/classic System Shock is, it is always System Shock 2. *literally almost never the 1st*

Why are they remaking the 1st instead?

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Bot Maker
5. Meh, pointless. Nov 11, 2015, 21:42 JohnBirshire

I played on a World of Warcraft free server that was making over $500,000 a month in "donations". After years of doing it, Blizzard sued them for a massive amount of money.

End result? They closed the server, paid Blizzard nothing, laid low for a couple months, then reopened the server under a different name.

Back to making millions, Blizzard has never bothered to try again.

This stuff isn't an effective deterrent whatsoever.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
13. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 10, 2015, 23:18 JohnBirshire

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 23:06:

As for editing three files, meh, took me about five minutes to edit and add. Isn't that one of the perks of PC gaming?

Was the principal. Can't even put in a FoV slider for your PC version? That's like PC 101. You also can't edit a lot of the controls in game either. If they can't get these basic things right, I'm going to assume they didn't get a lot of other stuff right either.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
10. Refund please. Nov 10, 2015, 22:39 JohnBirshire

I asked for a Steam refund already.

Sound issues right off the bat, could hear the female speaking, but males lips just moved with no sound. Half the controls would not work, check forums, countless complaints about the interface, gave up. No in-game option for changing FoV or turning off mouse acceleration? I don't care if you can turn it off by editing files *you actually have to edit 3 files each*, this is clearly a console port with not even one ounce of PC-centric effort.

Epic failure. Incredibly disappointing, have been playing Bethesda games since Arena: The Elder Scrolls.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer
2. Re: Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Trailer Oct 12, 2015, 23:35 JohnBirshire

Every video I've seen has made this game look incredibly repetitive.  

News Comments > No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition
15. Why would anyone even buy it? Oct 12, 2015, 00:23 JohnBirshire

Are they hardcore Might and Magic Heroes fans that buy all of them, event he ones that suck like this one?  

News Comments > Master of Orion Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Master of Orion Gameplay Trailer Oct 2, 2015, 21:24 JohnBirshire

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 2, 2015, 19:52:
I hope they don't fuck up the age old problem of auto resolve vs manual resolve... (they only showed auto-resolve, but manual is planned... which is kinda meh, I hated combat in MOO...)
I'd have to disagree, and I would think you are an overwhelming minority. It was a lot of fun designing your own ships and seeing your newly developed weapons in combat.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Combat Change Plans
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Combat Change Plans Oct 2, 2015, 21:21 JohnBirshire

I wish they would redo the engine in some way, the game feels "clunky". Hard to describe, but just isn't smooth like many other MMOs.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 27, 2015, 21:54 JohnBirshire

NicklePop wrote on Sep 27, 2015, 21:12:
Elite is fantastic.

I watched people play it on Twitch several times when I was thinking about buying it, and it seemed incredibly boring and monontous. They were all just repeating the same tasks over and over. Didn't see any compelling reason to buy it.

You guys need to look at the prices before you make comments about games "falling down the list". Several of those games wouldn't have even been on it without significant discounts.

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
5. Yeah.... Sep 15, 2015, 17:53 JohnBirshire

Nope.

Not going near that one.

News Comments > Shadowhand Announced
10. Re: Shadowhand Announced Sep 15, 2015, 00:19 JohnBirshire

Hopefully it goes on Early Access sale, we need more of that too.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Footage
2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Footage Sep 13, 2015, 12:04 JohnBirshire

Ahh crap, do I have to play this game in 3rd person in order not to be at a disadvantage?

My desire to play this just plummetted.

News Comments > GOG.com Indie Piņatas
14. Re: GOG.com Indie Piņatas Sep 13, 2015, 01:28 JohnBirshire

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2015, 17:43:
I've never seen Napoleon Dynamite - and have no desire to either.
Why? It's actually a pretty good movie and largely original. Not something you can say much nowadays.

News Comments > GOG.com Indie Piņatas
4. Doh, ended up with games I already owned! Sep 12, 2015, 14:16 JohnBirshire

I bought 3 Pinatas...and ended up with 3 games I already owned on Steam.

Well, crap. That backfired.

Edit: Although, for the record, I got $30 worth of games for $9. So that's something at least.

News Comments > New GTA Online Mode Next Week
7. Re: New GTA Online Mode Next Week Sep 10, 2015, 20:49 JohnBirshire

harlock wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 17:39:
this is what it shoulda been from the beginning... the lobbies and all that shit are ridiculous

I agree. I couldn't wait to do freemode, then loaded it up for the first time just to find out it was a glorified chatroom.

News Comments > Gilbert to Disney on Monkey Island Rights: "Call Me"
8. Publicity stunt... Sep 4, 2015, 12:08 JohnBirshire

He knows damn well he has 0 chance of every acquiring the IP from Disney.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Sep 4, 2015, 10:56 JohnBirshire

Why do they end free weekends at 1 pm on a Sunday?! Asinine. That is a huge chunk of weekend playing time being missed out on. Should call it "3/4 of a free weekend".  

1196 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo