Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1196 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Desert Online Mediah Part Two
1. Re: Black Desert Online Mediah Part Two May 4, 2016, 18:33 JohnBirshire

What MMO's are the "least grindy" nowadays?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Customer Review Changes
6. Re: Steam Customer Review Changes May 3, 2016, 21:35 JohnBirshire

I can't stand these "joke reviews" that are always upvoted to the top. So corny and cliched, yet people keep voting them above everything else, game after game.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Plans
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online DLC Plans Apr 28, 2016, 13:09 JohnBirshire

I quit playing once I realized the PvP grind was absolutely insane. I heard they drastically lowered the cap though, from 3000 to 500, so might give it a try again.  

News Comments > Desilets vs Ubisoft Lawsuit Dropped
2. Re: Desilets vs Ubisoft Lawsuit Dropped Apr 25, 2016, 22:32 JohnBirshire

It always seems like games with names like "Name: Name the name", etc, don't perform very well, on average.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Bonuses; New Maps Apr 23, 2016, 14:24 JohnBirshire

What is wrong with these nutjobs? They do absolutely nothing about the rampart cheating that drives players away in droves, yet they simultaneously release new stuff to get a fraction of them back.

News Comments > Steamship - Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
2. Re: Steamship - Battlefleet Gothic: Armada Apr 21, 2016, 21:49 JohnBirshire

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 21, 2016, 19:53:
I have to wonder how the Warhammer 40k universe can have so many people (in theory) if they die so rapidly, with nonstop combat seemingly throughout the galaxy.

I believe it's due to humans populating some 10,000 planets, so there are trillions of humans. Hive cities where 1 billion people live are common.

However, humanity IS on the decline though, due to nonstop attacks on all fronts from xeno (alien) species, mutants, and chaos.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini Warlords Early Access
1. Re: Starpoint Gemini Warlords Early Access Apr 14, 2016, 20:37 JohnBirshire

The thing I didn't care for about Starpoint Gemini 2 wasn't the lack of content...but the lack of atmosphere. It just seemed so dull and lifeless, which is unfortunate, because far older games like Privateer were the exact opposite.

Is this something they addressed with this one?

News Comments > Blizzard Stops Private WoW Server
12. Re: Blizzard Stops Private WoW Server Apr 8, 2016, 17:01 JohnBirshire

Kxmode wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 00:15:
JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 20:30:
These servers don't "rely on donations to keep the server running"...they are actually making exhorbinant amounts of money.

I remember a couple years ago one got shut down after it was realized that the server's owner was making $250,000 a MONTH running it.

I currently play on one off and on that runs multiple servers from multiple expansions, and I know they are easily making millions of dollars a year.

Is it theft? Well, they are profiting off of someone else's intellectual property...so yes.

When Blizzard serves them with papers, they shut down. Ironically, Blizzard rarely ever does however. (and when they do, they pop right back up under a different name a week later) So it's all properly just an exercise in futility.

I was a staff member of Nostalrius so I can tell you for a fact they were not making exorbitant amounts of money. In fact they made practical nothing. The server was a labor of love for the vanilla WOW community.

Don't worry, the support staff of the other servers were told the same thing. Free labor. Don't let it bother you.

News Comments > Blizzard Stops Private WoW Server
10. Re: Blizzard Stops Private WoW Server Apr 7, 2016, 20:30 JohnBirshire

These servers don't "rely on donations to keep the server running"...they are actually making exhorbinant amounts of money.

I remember a couple years ago one got shut down after it was realized that the server's owner was making $250,000 a MONTH running it.

I currently play on one off and on that runs multiple servers from multiple expansions, and I know they are easily making millions of dollars a year.

Is it theft? Well, they are profiting off of someone else's intellectual property...so yes.

When Blizzard serves them with papers, they shut down. Ironically, Blizzard rarely ever does however. (and when they do, they pop right back up under a different name a week later) So it's all properly just an exercise in futility.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 27, 2016, 22:11 JohnBirshire

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 20:36:
I've been playing Stardew Valley with my 7 year old son for the past 3 weeks. It's been a nice break from Minecraft!

You should play The Culling with your 7 year old.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Open Beta This Month
2. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Open Beta This Month Mar 23, 2016, 19:38 JohnBirshire

I actually bought the first one, found out you couldn't even remap your keys, and promptly asked for a refund.

Their developer is incompetent, will never buy another game from them.

If you can't get 101 stuff right, get out of the business.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2016, 15:30 JohnBirshire

I have been having a blast playing The Culling. It is one of the most intense games I've played in a very long time. Not for the feint of heart though, you have to be really good to survive a 16 player FFA. If you're below average or average in skill, might not be a good buy for you, but still fun to watch on www.twitch.tv  

News Comments > Master of Orion Video Diary
15. Re: Master of Orion Video Diary Mar 1, 2016, 20:08 JohnBirshire

Remember, just because it's Master of Orion, doesn't mean it is a "must buy". Moo 1 and 2 were fantastic, 3 was atrocious. Have to wait and see which this ends up being.  

News Comments > Master of Orion Collector's Edition Early Access
14. Re: Master of Orion Collector's Edition Early Access Feb 27, 2016, 12:06 JohnBirshire

Moo3 had real-time combat

Yeah, and that's a perfect fucking reason why the new one shouldn't.

12. Re: Master of Orion Collector's Edition Early Access Feb 27, 2016, 11:44 JohnBirshire

The devs said they plan to improve space combat.

Real time combat? Oh, come on! That was an asinine decision. People have every right to be upset.

There are other space sims that have real time combat, but a Master of Orion game shouldn't have been one of them.

5. Re: Master of Orion Collector's Edition Early Access Feb 27, 2016, 00:28 JohnBirshire

Nate wrote on Feb 26, 2016, 23:07:
The early access version is quite polished. I've played 200+ turns so far. Reminds me of MoO2 but with much better graphics.

Does it have a ridiculous amount of micromanagement like MoO2 did?

I loved MoO1, much simpler, but effective.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack
9. Hmmm... Feb 16, 2016, 21:07 JohnBirshire

Alright, I'll bite.

Downloading now.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 17, 2016, 00:39 JohnBirshire

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 21:06:
What the hell? Increase fees to reduce transactions as a solution?

I'm not a Bitcoin expert, but I've read several articles about this situation and it definitely appears to be critical time for Bitcoin. It will be interesting to see where it all ends up...

I don't think they are saying fees should be increased to reduce transactions, they are saying if you want your transaction to be a priroity, then pay a higher fee. If you want your transaction to be free, then be prepared to wait longer.

Both sides make good points about the blocksize limit, so you're right, it's going to be an interesting couple of months.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Dec 21, 2015, 11:16 JohnBirshire

I tried to play Tie Fighter again recently, but I can't find any joysticks like the Kraft KC-3 for modern day systems. Everything is ultra complicated, this game just needed a simple stick.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2015, 13:47 JohnBirshire

descender wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 13:27:

He has every right to be pissed.

No he doesn't. The new Star Wars movie is one of the biggest cinematic events in the last 2 decades. Whether you like it or not, this is fact. Of course it's going to take priority over...literally anything else. Tarantino was stupid to release his movie at the same time, most people aren't even aware it's coming out, that's how overshadowed it is. His own ego backfired.

1196 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo