Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007
Supporter -
Total Comments 1256 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Modern Warfare Multiplayer Free Access Weekend Begins Tomorrow

4. Re: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Free Access Weekend Begins Tomorrow Apr 3, 2020, 12:41 JohnBirshire

Rhett wrote on Apr 3, 2020, 02:03:
For like two games, before the extremely aggressive SBMM kicks in and puts you back in your place.

I was just going to say that. Due to SBMM, you'll never even see the newbs.

It's one of my main criticisms of the game unfortunately. I've always been a high sensitivity mouse player (due to playing other genres where low sensitivity would be a handicap), but lowered my sensitivity significantly for this shooter in order to see how much I improved. After 300 hours of play, I "feel" like I'm significantly better, but it's impossible to know for sure. Why? Because as you get better, the game silently puts you against better opponents. But since there is no actual ranking system, it's impossible to know for sure. (Did I start as Bronze? Am I Silver now? Gold? *shrug*)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned

14. Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 10:37 JohnBirshire

I've been playing everyday and haven't noticed a single aimbotter yet, but have been killed countless times by wallhackers however, seems to be everyone's go-to cheat this time around.

If you make it a point to watch all of your kill-cams it won't take more than a couple games of Warzone before you'll die to someone perfectly following you with ADS while you're in buildings/behind walls, just to shoot you instantaneously the second your body comes in view. (I always run Ghost)

News Comments > Fates of Ort Released

1. Re: Fates of Ort Released Mar 31, 2020, 10:36 JohnBirshire

This actually looks pretty cool.  

News Comments > Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Early Access

1. Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Early Access Mar 30, 2020, 10:14 JohnBirshire

This is huge.

Been playing nonstop Modern Warfare/Warzone the last couple hundred hours, Doom Eternal couldn't quite pull me away, but this certainly will.

News Comments > Outer Wilds Joins Steam in June

6. Re: Outer Wilds Joins Steam in June Mar 25, 2020, 16:35 JohnBirshire

You embargo Steam users, Steam users should embargo you.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Warzone Passes 30M Users

7. Re: Call of Duty: Warzone Passes 30M Users Mar 21, 2020, 18:48 JohnBirshire

Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2020, 05:01:
I got a win in BR solos, and before that a win playing solo in squads, which was super intense. My 2 console teammates got downed early

If you plan on playing squads regularly, you'll want to use Discord. Queuing in-game is a crap shoot, half the time you'll get players that don't communicate, don't land with you, or are even AFK the entire game. This is the official Call of Duty Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/callofduty Really easy to join squads.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Warzone Attracts 6 Million; Player Count to Expand

3. More players? Mar 12, 2020, 11:50 JohnBirshire

I'm having fun with it, but think they have the wrong focus with their "mOaR pLaYerS thAN tHe oTHEr gamez" strategy. (Just so they can tout it as some kind of competitive advantage over PUBG/Fortnite/EFT/Apex) After all, people actually want to win sometimes, or at least feel like they have a chance. In PUBG squad play, it was last team standing out of 20 squads. Right now in Warzone, it's already 50 squads competing to win and they want to increase it to 66? It's going to become literally impossible for a casual or below average player to literally EVER win a game...this isn't an efficient long-term strategy.

I like the fact that there are missions you can complete during the game, gives people an incentive to do more than just hole up in one spot camping until the end. The engine is also a lot smoother than PUBG for example, makes for more exciting and less clunky/frustrating gameplay.

I'd like to see them change the meta though. Right now it's "Drop, kill the players in your vicinity with picked-up weapons for 5 minutes, then ditch them for your Sniper/M4 loadout" every game. It gets rather stale after awhile due to how consistent it is, I'd prefer just having random weapons and attachments laying about, add more diversity to the game.

Time to kill is a bit high, would like to see it lowered a bit. (Complete 180 from MW) Winning a 1 vs 3 is incredibly difficult when you have to unload an entire clip into 1 person to kill them while their teammates are rushing you.

Vehicles are incredibly weak, we've easily killed every player we've seen in one, and died everytime we tried using one ourselves.

Having the ability to be respawned by winning a 1vs1 or your team buying you back in is nice, as even the best players can get RNG'ed on a bad drop, no fun having to spectate for 20 minutes.

Not sure how they're going to handle cheating either. Being free to play, it's going to be even worse than PUBG, where it was already an epidemic. Also, with 150 players and soon to be 200, you're going to be guaranteed to see them in every single game.

Despite the above concerns/criticisms, I still think it's a fun, solid game, and with some tweaks it could around for a long time.

News Comments > Valve on the Future of Half-Life

10. Re: Valve on the Future of Half-Life Mar 4, 2020, 12:41 JohnBirshire

Cutter wrote on Mar 4, 2020, 11:19:
Way past caring now. I barely remember HL1/2. Gordon Freeman, something something does stuff?
HF1: Portal to another dimension. Government cover up.
+
HF2: Aliens from another dimension conquer earth.
=
HF3: Valve realizing that nostalgia clouded fan expectations are absurdly unrealistic given the fact that this story was rather stereotypical Sci Fi garb to begin with, so don't even bother trying to make the game.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale Speculation

3. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale Speculation Feb 13, 2020, 12:29 JohnBirshire

Sepharo wrote on Feb 13, 2020, 12:14:
Did you play Blackout on Black Ops 4?

I did not, I buy about every 3rd or 4th CoD. I bought the 1st one in 2003, and maybe 4 in the time since.

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Feb 13, 2020, 12:07 JohnBirshire

Mass Effect writer Drew Karpyshyn says he left BioWare because it became too 'corporate'

Don't blame him, corporate culture can be toxic.

Drew's Mass Effect novels were very well worth reading.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale Speculation

1. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Battle Royale Speculation Feb 13, 2020, 11:59 JohnBirshire

As much as people on Bluesnews like to crap on Call of Duty, I'm honestly looking forward to this.

I have about 750 hours into PUBG, but I still hate the engine. Moving and aiming feels clunky and cumbersome to me for some reason, always has.

Would absolutely love to play PUBG using MW's engine, it is so much more fluid and responsive.

News Comments > Users Savage Warcraft III: Reforged

12. Easily avoided... Feb 2, 2020, 14:33 JohnBirshire

This wasn't news to anyone who was paying any attention whatsoever. The forums were a riot during the entire beta process, people were cancelling preorders left and right. I can't believe how many people buy stuff then complain about it immediately afterwards. Do a bare modicum of research before buying something and you will save yourself a lot of grief in life.  

News Comments > Warcraft III: Reforged Released

1. Re: Warcraft III: Reforged Released Jan 28, 2020, 20:03 JohnBirshire

It's a bust.  

News Comments > Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor

7. Re: Knights of the Old Republic Remake/Sequel Rumor Jan 24, 2020, 12:09 JohnBirshire

I just finished a KOTOR 1 & 2 binge a little over a week ago because I was curious about the Sith characters. (they didn't disappoint by the way) Both games played perfectly, UI was relatively modern and intuitive, graphics weren't bad, didn't notice a single bug...what are they remaking exactly?

They could literally make a AAA title KOTOR 3 and it would sell a bajillion copies if done well.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One Extended

2. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One Extended Jan 16, 2020, 16:38 JohnBirshire

Slick wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 15:17:
Probably because I've put in 10 hours of grinding this stupid pass and am only lvl 20. They have a second unlockable gun locked to rank 30, and who knows if I'll actually get it.

Is being 67% of the way there after 10 hours really a grind though?

News Comments > Darwin Project Evolves Out of Early Access

3. Re: Darwin Project Evolves Out of Early Access Jan 14, 2020, 10:26 JohnBirshire

Seems like most Early Access games actually peak early and are dead by the time they are "finished".  

News Comments > Get Shadow Tactics for Free

9. removed Dec 28, 2019, 22:35 JohnBirshire

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 17:53.

News Comments > Get Shadow Tactics for Free

3. removed Dec 28, 2019, 17:12 JohnBirshire

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 17:53.

News Comments > Get FTL: Faster Than Light for Free

21. Re: Get FTL: Faster Than Light for Free Dec 26, 2019, 19:59 JohnBirshire

Commit anti-consumer behaviors left and right, then bribe people with no moral sense by giving them games for free that have literally previously been on sale for 99 cents.  

News Comments > PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week

16. Re: PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week Dec 20, 2019, 16:56 JohnBirshire

Where are all the "I hAvE pLaYeD 500 hOurS aNd HaVe Nev3r evEN saw a chetard!" folk that always used to show up in these comments to defend the game?  

1256 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >