Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1205 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Released
17. Just do it Nov 4, 2016, 19:47 JohnBirshire

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 14:04:
So I haven't bought or played a single of the Call of Duty games (and I buy a shitloads of games) yet.

Should this be the 1st time? These games don't go down much in price, so if it is recommended, I may consider it for my 1st time.

I've been a hardcore gamer my entire life. I have pictures playing Mission Impossible on the Commodore 64 when I was 2 years old. Have played nearly 1,000 games on PC and various consoles. There are very few genres I've avoided, playing a little bit of everything. Single player and multi player. (with more of the latter lately) I am well aware of all the vile that the Call of Duty games get, especially from my "elitist" gaming peers who say they wouldn't be caught dead playing one. Every single time one is released, you see the negativity, verbatim. People literally despise this series.

Despite all of the above, I still buy one of them every couple years, and enjoy a solid 100-300 hours playing it. Yes, they are kind of repetitive. Yes, some have had a couple issues. But at the end of the day, they are selling a bajillion copies because they are FUN. Not because everyone buying them is an idiot. So just do it. If you are disappointed, now you know. But don't rule it out just because of what other people say.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend
3. Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Free Weekend Oct 13, 2016, 22:09 JohnBirshire

This is the best first person melee combat game of all time.  

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name
2. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 21, 2016, 18:33 JohnBirshire

Blizzard Net

News Comments > PC Dead Rising Rises
5. Re: PC Dead Rising Rises Sep 13, 2016, 23:04 JohnBirshire

If you buy this, you are a moron.

Sell your PC, buy a potato, plug a playstation controller into it.

News Comments > Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard
6. Re: Chris Metzen Leaving Blizzard Sep 13, 2016, 00:06 JohnBirshire

Shok wrote on Sep 12, 2016, 23:54:
Always loved his drawings/art from early warcraft rts dos game manuals

Yeah, that is what I immediately thought when I saw his name. Drawings with "Metzen" signed somewhere.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 11, 2016, 10:26 JohnBirshire

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 10, 2016, 12:35:
Well, thats quite a MEH review of the remake of MOO.

"Meh" is pretty much the general concensus for the game.

I was obsessed with MOO when it was released, played it 100's of hours. Yet, I didn't even attempt to try this remake, after I read a developer interview in which he said things like "Combat wasn't a focus for us, because nobody played the original for the combat." Gee, thanks 20 year old kid, for telling us what we enjoyed while playing a game that was released when you were a toddler, appreciate your sentiment. Pass.

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour
6. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 12:51 JohnBirshire

My friends and I played this multiplayer for 100's of hours over dial-up modem and LAN parties when it came out.

I'd absolutely love to be able to play multiplayer Deathmatch over Steam.

Is that going to be possible?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 2, 2016, 18:50 JohnBirshire

Hah, like the WASD standard is something to be proud of. ESDF is far superior, you have much quicker and easier access to other hotkeys and your hand rests in a better position. But it's like the Imperial vs Metric system argument. So many people already used WASD, so they just stuck to it, because changing was too hard.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Legion Launched
19. Re: World of Warcraft Legion Launched Aug 31, 2016, 10:55 JohnBirshire

shiho wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 05:06:
Watching videos of what's become of WoW, all I can say is Thank Jeebus for the community painstakingly preserving WoW classic via emulation.
Pfft, community, hah.

There are companies, not communities, making millions of dollars a year hosting WoW servers. www.warmane.com They have WotLK, Cataclysm, and MoP servers. More people online than you'll find on any WoW server as well. For example, one of their WotLK servers has 12,000 people online right now. Many WoW servers have 1-2,000 if they're lucky.

News Comments > Paragon Open Beta
11. Re: Paragon Open Beta Aug 16, 2016, 23:09 JohnBirshire

This looks completely utterly unoriginal.  

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
10. Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans Aug 6, 2016, 15:48 JohnBirshire

jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 14:29:

I don't see them doing this ever again. They're just doing it this time because some people got in early, and they want everyone to start at the same time.

Then why are they wiping the servers on Sunday and releasing the game on Thursday?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 3, 2016, 23:14 JohnBirshire

When bad news happens, people immediately open up shorts and dump, this is no different than the stock market, or commodities, or any number of investments. 50% retraces happen rather quickly however. *Edit: Yesterday it dropped to 485, now it's back up to nearly 600* It'll eventually blow over and will resume it's climb.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2016, 23:21.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2016, 15:21 JohnBirshire

I have absolutely no idea why people are pre-purchasing No Man's Sky, wait for reviews! So many extremely hyped games recently have been panned, it just isn't worth the gamble. And the preorder bonus, I wouldn't even want it. I want to work my way up to a ship with better guns, not buy one.

C'mon people.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
1. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Jul 29, 2016, 19:43 JohnBirshire

Does this have "Push button to stick to wall" gameplay?

That ruined the prior one for me, feels so unrealistic. I have no problem ducking behind cover, but I want to manually control it (ducking/leaning), not have a toggle on/off button.

News Comments > Starbound This Month
9. Re: Starbound This Month Jul 9, 2016, 19:11 JohnBirshire

Never played it, was going to buy it today but noticed they are doing a character wipe on the 21st. Will buy it then.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Blood for the Blood God DLC Released
6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 22:36 JohnBirshire

I had a character named "Blood for the Blood God" in Elder Scrolls Online, and Bethesda made me change it.

Morons.

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
7. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 29, 2016, 13:05 JohnBirshire

Every game they make gets sub-par reviews.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer
15. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2016, 10:34 JohnBirshire

Slick wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 22:07:
Dude, I've been waiting for Prey 2 for almost a decade.

Your enthusiasm for Prey convinced me to play through it, but then I see that it's not even on Steam?

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer
3. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 20:10 JohnBirshire

loomy wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 19:40:

also, it's really jarring to see average animations again after being treated to blizzard's overwatch where everything is smoothly blended

Yeah, it's so disappointing when an indie developer with a couple employees can't animate as well as multi-billion dollar studios with 100's of employees.

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer
2. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 20:06 JohnBirshire

Chivalry : Medieval Warfare was brilliant, but Deadliest Warrior was a garbage cash grab.

Hopefully this one is more of the former and less of the latter.

1205 Comments. 61 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo