Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1242 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One Extended

2. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One Extended Jan 16, 2020, 16:38 JohnBirshire

Slick wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 15:17:
Probably because I've put in 10 hours of grinding this stupid pass and am only lvl 20. They have a second unlockable gun locked to rank 30, and who knows if I'll actually get it.

Is being 67% of the way there after 10 hours really a grind though?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Darwin Project Evolves Out of Early Access

3. Re: Darwin Project Evolves Out of Early Access Jan 14, 2020, 10:26 JohnBirshire

Seems like most Early Access games actually peak early and are dead by the time they are "finished".  

News Comments > Get Shadow Tactics for Free

9. removed Dec 28, 2019, 22:35 JohnBirshire

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 17:53.

News Comments > Get Shadow Tactics for Free

3. removed Dec 28, 2019, 17:12 JohnBirshire

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 17:53.

News Comments > Get FTL: Faster Than Light for Free

21. Re: Get FTL: Faster Than Light for Free Dec 26, 2019, 19:59 JohnBirshire

Commit anti-consumer behaviors left and right, then bribe people with no moral sense by giving them games for free that have literally previously been on sale for 99 cents.  

News Comments > PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week

16. Re: PUBG Often Bans Over 100K Cheaters a Week Dec 20, 2019, 16:56 JohnBirshire

Where are all the "I hAvE pLaYeD 500 hOurS aNd HaVe Nev3r evEN saw a chetard!" folk that always used to show up in these comments to defend the game?  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Earns $1B

3. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Earns $1B Dec 18, 2019, 13:41 JohnBirshire

Despite multiple patches, I still can't play single player for more than 2 minutes before it crashes back to desktop.

Feel like I've gotten my money out of the multi-player though. It is ultimately very repetitive however, and the slower paced "tactical" aka camping gameplay gets boring faster than the frenetic run & gun Rambo style of previous entries.

Will return if this rumored BR mode ever comes through.

News Comments > First Epic Games Store Exclusives Ending

30. Anti-consumerism Dec 10, 2019, 09:53 JohnBirshire

Once a game is listed as "exclusive" to a platform, any platform, it should be forever boycotted by users of any other platform. This is the only way to fight this anti-consumer behavior in any meaningful way. Publishers would have to decide whether accepting a bribe to voluntarily block a large percentage of consumers from accessing their product is actually worth it. Because if they get to accept a bribe to cut you out for a year, and then you buy their product afterward anyways, they have nothing to lose and this sham will be perpetuated forever.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Specs

9. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Specs Dec 9, 2019, 16:56 JohnBirshire

More anti consumer behavior I can't support in good conscience.

RIP MechWarrior.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Gallops onto Steam Next Week

11. Blacklist? Nov 27, 2019, 15:06 JohnBirshire

I usually blacklist any game that is an "Epic exclusive" because I don't support anti-consumer practices. (Disappointing sometimes, would have loved to play The Outer Worlds)

The fact that it was only exclusive for one month instead of an entire year, and apparently had some launch issues patched out in the last couple weeks anyways, might be worth an exception for this one though.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Roadmap

1. Toxic Nov 26, 2019, 21:06 JohnBirshire

Thinking about uninstalling after my gameplay session tonight, this community is the most toxic I've seen in the last decade. You literally have to mute voice and text chat to avoid listening to ignorant teenage boys insulting you nonstop.

"You used a shotgun, you're trash!" "You used a claymore, you're trash!" "You used an M4, you're trash!" "You looked out a window and held a line of sight, you're trash!" "You didn't run full speed with the dead silence perk while holding dual akimbo's, you're trash!"

It's literally relentless.

News Comments > etc.

2. Re: etc. Oct 14, 2019, 17:57 JohnBirshire

I stopped playing when they took away the ability to play maps of your choice.  

News Comments > Star Control: Origins: Earth Rising: The Syndicate Released

1. Re: Star Control: Origins: Earth Rising: The Syndicate Released Sep 24, 2019, 20:40 JohnBirshire

Anybody play this that can recommend it based on it's own merits, without a comparison to it's predecessors?

Hard to get an accurate depiction of any game from the Steam reviews anymore. Game could be awesome, but be different from the originals, and half the players will give it an F out of spite.

News Comments > Modern Warfare Spec Ops Survival Mode Exclusive to PS4 Until October 2020

2. Huh? Sep 24, 2019, 20:35 JohnBirshire

I can't make sense of this description.

"a blink and you'll miss it footnote revealing this is quite the exclusive, saying it will run until October 1, 2020, or almost a year after release"

Is there a Spec Ops (Battle Royale) mode that'll only be playable on the PS4 for the first year of the game's release?

I hope not, otherwise this just went from a "must buy" to a "must miss" as I'm so tired of this shit already.

News Comments > Op Ed

5. Re: Op Ed Aug 28, 2019, 13:22 JohnBirshire

Massive number of people resubbed to play. Most will be gone in a year. Some of those will switch to current WoW. Blizzard didn't really lose anything here.  

News Comments > WoW Classic Population Control

7. Re: WoW Classic Population Control Aug 17, 2019, 16:52 JohnBirshire

Played WoW since release, quit 3 months later because I simply ran out of stuff to do. It was pretty much reroll a new character or play something else.  

News Comments > etc.

5. Re: etc. Aug 4, 2019, 22:08 JohnBirshire

Thread filled with people who are addicted to commenting on bluesnews posts.  

News Comments > Hunt: Showdown Next Month

3. Re: Hunt: Showdown Next Month Jul 3, 2019, 12:22 JohnBirshire

This game still capped at 80 FoV? Dumbass devs.  

News Comments > Morning Patches

3. Re: Morning Patches Jun 19, 2019, 19:13 JohnBirshire

Turd Ferguson wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 11:12:
Seems that with the release of this mod, it's time to return to Mass Effect 2. Maybe I can finally finish it... lol

Thinking the exact same thing. I loved Mass Effect 1, but couldn't really get into Mass Effect 2. It just didn't feel nearly as epic in scope, instead focusing more on short individual stories. Then when Mass Effect 3 debuted to a lot of public outcry, I just threw in the towel on the franchise.

Ironically the Mass Effect novels by Drew Karpyshyn were actually very good though. The novels and this new patch make me want to give it a shot again.

*Edit* Nevermind, just read the article. When in combat it resorts back to 3rd person.

News Comments > Chivalry 2 Announced

1. Re: Chivalry 2 Announced Jun 10, 2019, 22:02 JohnBirshire

Played Chivalry over 1,000 hours, one of the best games I've played in the last decade.

Was super excited as soon as I saw the sequel, which was immediately dashed by the one-year Epic exclusive.

I am never going to use Epic, it's a matter of principal now. They didn't entice any users by offering them anything personally, they did it by strong-arming everyone. Other people can sell-out to these dirty tactics, but I refuse.

Fuck Epic, and fuck Torn Banner.

1242 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >