Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JohnBirshire

Real Name JohnBirshire   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 23, 2007, 15:29
Total Comments 1196 (Pro)
User ID 39049

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Paragon Open Beta
11. Re: Paragon Open Beta Aug 16, 2016, 23:09 JohnBirshire

This looks completely utterly unoriginal.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
10. Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans Aug 6, 2016, 15:48 JohnBirshire

jdreyer wrote on Aug 6, 2016, 14:29:

I don't see them doing this ever again. They're just doing it this time because some people got in early, and they want everyone to start at the same time.

Then why are they wiping the servers on Sunday and releasing the game on Thursday?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 3, 2016, 23:14 JohnBirshire

When bad news happens, people immediately open up shorts and dump, this is no different than the stock market, or commodities, or any number of investments. 50% retraces happen rather quickly however. *Edit: Yesterday it dropped to 485, now it's back up to nearly 600* It'll eventually blow over and will resume it's climb.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2016, 23:21.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2016, 15:21 JohnBirshire

I have absolutely no idea why people are pre-purchasing No Man's Sky, wait for reviews! So many extremely hyped games recently have been panned, it just isn't worth the gamble. And the preorder bonus, I wouldn't even want it. I want to work my way up to a ship with better guns, not buy one.

C'mon people.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
1. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Jul 29, 2016, 19:43 JohnBirshire

Does this have "Push button to stick to wall" gameplay?

That ruined the prior one for me, feels so unrealistic. I have no problem ducking behind cover, but I want to manually control it (ducking/leaning), not have a toggle on/off button.

News Comments > Starbound This Month
9. Re: Starbound This Month Jul 9, 2016, 19:11 JohnBirshire

Never played it, was going to buy it today but noticed they are doing a character wipe on the 21st. Will buy it then.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released
6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER – Blood for the Blood God DLC Released Jun 30, 2016, 22:36 JohnBirshire

I had a character named "Blood for the Blood God" in Elder Scrolls Online, and Bethesda made me change it.

Morons.

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
7. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 29, 2016, 13:05 JohnBirshire

Every game they make gets sub-par reviews.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer
15. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 E3 Trailer Jun 26, 2016, 10:34 JohnBirshire

Slick wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 22:07:
Dude, I've been waiting for Prey 2 for almost a decade.

Your enthusiasm for Prey convinced me to play through it, but then I see that it's not even on Steam?

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer
3. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 20:10 JohnBirshire

loomy wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 19:40:

also, it's really jarring to see average animations again after being treated to blizzard's overwatch where everything is smoothly blended

Yeah, it's so disappointing when an indie developer with a couple employees can't animate as well as multi-billion dollar studios with 100's of employees.

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer
2. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Trailer Jun 13, 2016, 20:06 JohnBirshire

Chivalry : Medieval Warfare was brilliant, but Deadliest Warrior was a garbage cash grab.

Hopefully this one is more of the former and less of the latter.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Mandalore’s Revenge Jun 3, 2016, 18:11 JohnBirshire

I would play this if the engine wasn't so "clunky". It doesn't have a smooth feel whatsoever like other MMOs.  

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Jun 1, 2016, 08:57 JohnBirshire

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 02:40:
Wallshadows wrote on May 31, 2016, 11:11:
Warcraft seems to be bombing with US critics whereas it's doing fairly well abroad at least as far as video game adaptations go. I don't trust fan reviews for this one though, there are simply far too many people who either love Blizzard because they can do no wrong or have an axe to grind with them so it turns in to a giant dick measuring content of 10/10 and 0/10 reviews based on everything except the film itself.

Definitely had some growing pains thanks to the marketing team though who didn't seem to know what they were trying to advertise in many of the trailers.

As always the law of averages takes over after a certain number of critics/users have done their thing. The 0s and the 10s cancel each other out.

Uhh...no they don't. They leave a 5, aka shit, rating.

The movie Troy had a fantastic Director's Cut.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online: Dark Brotherhood Released
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online: Dark Brotherhood Released May 31, 2016, 20:49 JohnBirshire

I'd play this game if it had a more realistic PvP cap, it needs a more level playing field. Too many videos online of people winning 1 vs 12's just because they play 20 hours a day and their characters are exponentially more powerful than everyone elses. Game desperately needs a character skill level cap, so that time played > player skill.

This comment was edited on May 31, 2016, 22:43.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend
4. Re: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Free Weekend May 26, 2016, 21:27 JohnBirshire

They need to replace free weekends with free weeks. Friday to Friday or something of that nature. Not all of us are free on weekends, but that's the only time they ever host these.  

News Comments > Steam Top Seven
1. Re: Steam Top Seven May 15, 2016, 13:10 JohnBirshire

Why are they even adding pre-orders as their own spot anyways?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Don't understand Vanilla demand... May 14, 2016, 14:04 JohnBirshire

Luke wrote on May 14, 2016, 07:25:

So ...because you played it and found it boring ya just don't understand the demand from others Clown

Uhh...yes, exactly. Why the demand? 2 months, maybe, and you've done everything there is to do.

News Comments > TERA Secrets & Shadows Next Week
3. Re: TERA Secrets & Shadows Next Week May 12, 2016, 20:51 JohnBirshire

Wow, thank you for the thoughtful response, it is greatly appreciated.

Okay, I won't pass it up then, but won't stop what I'm doing to play it. In the next couple months if I'm between games I'll give it a download and check it out.

News Comments > TERA Secrets & Shadows Next Week
1. Re: TERA Secrets & Shadows Next Week May 11, 2016, 21:13 JohnBirshire

Is this worth trying out? New expansions are always a great time to jump in, because at that point you aren't way behind everyone who has been playing for years, especially if you're playing a brand new class.  

News Comments > Vampire Bloodlines TMed
16. Irony... May 7, 2016, 12:23 JohnBirshire

The game has had northwards of 125+ patches (and counting) in the last 12 years, still trying to fix problems with the initial release...

"Bro, this game was perfectly fine since day one!"

*facepalm*

1196 Comments. 60 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo