Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 730 (Apprentice)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX on PC
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY IX on PC Apr 14, 2016, 10:23 MattyC

I liked 9, not as much as '6' or 7, but I liked the game (and it had some great music). They did a great job with the models, but that just makes it clash with the backgrounds that much more. Reminds me very much of the FF Type Zero remake, tons of work done on some models jarring with the rest.

I guess if you never got to play 9 then I would still say go for it, but for anyone who has already played the game? Eh, not seeing it...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Content Plans
12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Content Plans Apr 14, 2016, 09:22 MattyC

Retired wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 06:17:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 06:12:
Tachikoma wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 04:39:
12 million sold, yep, I`m sure nobody plays it.
12 million sold...
Yeah, in that context pretty much nobody plays it:
http://swbstats.com/

.0075% of the player base has played the game in the last 24 hours......

FAIL

I don't know where you get the %s from, but that seems about like what I said. Relatively healthy on the console and dead on the PC. Then again, it always looked like a console game to me. If I hadn't ended up with a One I don't think I would of ever picked it up. It could still be salvaged on the console but they would need to get started on some major content patches ASAP. PC? Probably a lost cause.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Content Plans
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Content Plans Apr 14, 2016, 06:04 MattyC

More New Content - We also have a couple of surprises in store that we know our fans have been looking for, especially those who have been clamoring for ways to have more options to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront offline. More to come soon.

This interests me, but I would have to see what it is first. I have zero intention of getting any of the paid expansions until I see a lot more free content first. It is sad because what is there is nice, but there is just so little there. Even with the one free map pack.

As for the player base? It is still big on the One. IDK about the PC, it always seemed like a console game to me.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 11, 2016, 16:44 MattyC

Vivaldi Vs Google Chrome Vs Microsoft Edge comparison.

Sadly I was hoping to see Vivaldi battling Chrome (who cares about Edge to be honest) with some Four Seasons - Doof Warrior style...

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups
16. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 11, 2016, 16:11 MattyC

Tachikoma wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 15:08:
Razumen wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 14:52:
the argument that it will be dumbed down because of consoles doesn't quite fit

Dude, don`t try and find reason or logic in your average console-hater`s argument - it is truly a waste of time.

Especially when it comes to Bethesda. Truth is, I actually wouldn`t be surprised if they turned around one day and said "well, fuck you too" to the PC crowd, for the amount of unsubstantiated hate this company receives is incomparable to anybody else.

Seems that way. The time/$ I got out of Fallout 3, Skyrim, and Fallout 4 is absurd. No idea why anyone would hate on any of those games. Oblivion I wasn't as big on, but even it was a great game...

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Apr 11, 2016, 09:17 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 16:16:
Fantaz wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 15:58:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2016, 14:12:
Yup MS screwed the pooch. News at 11.

39 million is still a lot..
True but they beat PS last gen. So this is quite a fall for them.

Eh, yes and no. The PS2 was unstoppable and sold something like 150+ million. The PS3, only broke 80 or so million and it took very late in the last gen cycle to do so. I would say the One is still as in it as the PS3 was (if not more so), it just won't be a PS2 or a Gameboy<x>.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 10, 2016, 17:53 MattyC

Hi-Octane, Dungeon Keeper, Syndicate, Populous... many good games. EA manages to kill off so many great studios.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 8, 2016, 04:30 MattyC

SC2 WCS should be interesting this year. I wish they had a bit more info on the coverage, but I guess that will come later.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 31, 2016, 23:01 MattyC

Can anyone confirm that they fixed the FPS issues with XV? I got access to the early demo/beta and while I like the concept and combat, it ran horribly. That is a statement from someone who couldn't care less about always hitting 60 FPS. This though? It was like low 30s. This was on the One.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Mar 30, 2016, 06:58 MattyC

I have no idea if Ryse: Son of Rome was ported to the PC correctly, but if so it is worth it at that price. The combat is fun (at least on the higher difficulty levels) and it is a gorgeous game to look at.

I feel bad for anyone who paid full price for it on release, but I paid about $5.99 for it on a Xbox Live sale and I think it was well worth that.

News Comments > Supernova Open Beta
1. Re: Supernova Open Beta Mar 30, 2016, 01:09 MattyC

Do we really need another F2P MOBA? Seems like the market is a bit saturated at the moment.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 28, 2016, 07:50 MattyC

Enkur wrote on Mar 27, 2016, 11:19:
why is Tom Clancy Division listed twice

Because you touch yourself at night!

Really, I have no idea unless it is counting the season pass type buy and the regular buy as two different things which seems odd, but I guess no more odd than other things Steam has done like that.

Speaking of, how are people liking The Division? I really enjoyed the beta and had fun with the first part of release, but I really haven't played it much since then at all. I am not sure why, but it just doesn't seem to stay fun.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Mar 20, 2016, 14:26 MattyC

InBlack wrote on Mar 19, 2016, 15:37:
I wonder what D3 would have been like if Blizzard North had been left to it's own devices and allowed to finish the game. I guess we will never know *sigh*

If Blizzard North had been left alone it would have been Condor and Diablo likely would have been a very meh turn based game and thus no Diablo II or III.

Also I too still have my FZ-1!

News Comments > Paragon Early Access
1. Re: Paragon Early Access Mar 19, 2016, 04:12 MattyC

Is another MOBA really need right now? This is getting as bad, if not worse, than the WWII game trend.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 16, 2016, 13:55 MattyC

IIRC you can get uncapped Comcast service with any plan, though it costs like $20 extra a month and you have to ask for it... They don't advertise or really mention it. Also they have a 2Gb plan that isn't capped but runs something crazy like $300 a month and is only available in a few areas right now.  

News Comments > Fallout 4: Automatron Next Week
7. Re: Fallout 4: Automatron Next Week Mar 15, 2016, 16:31 MattyC

Armengar wrote on Mar 15, 2016, 08:34:
sounds quite underwhelming for a DLC IMHO. glad I didn't season pass so far.

Compared to what exactly? Horse armor or a small map pack? This isn't the DLC I was really waiting for but it is pretty solid. It includes a whole new crafting system and at least a few story missions. Plus this is only a small part of the season pass, with Harbor being the large addition.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview
4. Re: Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview Jan 7, 2016, 00:56 MattyC

Wallshadows wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 21:54:
I'll give it an honest two weeks before shelving it.

Eh, that is about how I have played D3, but I still give credit where credit is due. They are still adding content well after the release. This one looks to have more substance than the last few updates so I might get hooked longer.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX PC Plans
18. Re: FINAL FANTASY IX PC Plans Jan 2, 2016, 00:50 MattyC

While '6' and 7 will always be my favorites, I did enjoy 9. This should be interesting.  

News Comments > Mafia 3 Footage
23. Re: Mafia 3 Footage Dec 19, 2015, 20:49 MattyC

The only reason I ended up with 2 is because it came with a video card. That said, I had tons of fun with 2 so this is a buy for me. It may have been super linear but it was great at that.

Now the DLC... :/

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Free MP Weekend
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Free MP Weekend Dec 19, 2015, 02:14 MattyC

thecakeisalie wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 01:39:
Once you've played one Call of Duty, you have played them all.

There is a more than reasonable difference between some CoDs. That said, from everything I have seen this isn't worth the trial. I think CoD: WaW was the last one I really enjoyed, and even it wasn't amazing.

That said, a free trial wouldn't hurt if you are interested.

730 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo