Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 855 (Graduate)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 18, 2017, 16:12 MattyC

Beamer wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 14:32:
Ok, when people here say they dislike Windows 10, do you say they're "off" because they used to use MS-DOS?

First I would say you seem to be taking this very personally, but if Microsoft started making MS-DOS branded PCs in a time machine and shipped them back in the past and had much of anything to do with the origins of MS-DOS then... I guess so? Microsoft and Apple / NeXT are not really anything alike in what they made/make so you are reaching pretty far here.

Beamer wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 14:32:
the only thing in common is the logo...

The logos are nothing alike. What are you even talking about? Inquisitive Beamer put down the pipe and get some sleep buddy...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 18, 2017, 14:04 MattyC

Beamer wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 10:29:
MattyC wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 09:39:
The Carmack quote is cute, but it seems off from someone who went out and snagged a NeXT rig for himself to work on Doom. Unless he just really dislikes the logo, Sculley, and/or Cook.

Then again, while I get the direction he took, the where he went to pursue it has always seemed strange to me.

NeXt != Mac.

Yes, if you want to be pedantic, but anyone familiar with the history of both companies would know what I was getting at. NeXT did merge into Apple.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 18, 2017, 09:39 MattyC

The Carmack quote is cute, but it seems off from someone who went out and snagged a NeXT rig for himself to work on Doom. Unless he just really dislikes the logo, Sculley, and/or Cook.

Then again, while I get the direction he took, the where he went to pursue it has always seemed strange to me.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
20. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 18, 2017, 09:23 MattyC

I must be an outlier, but I can't think of any game I ever returned that wasn't because the media was defective (and I think even that only happened a couple of times).

Though I guess I would have returned Age of Conan if I could...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
62. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2017, 16:43 MattyC

The 3DS isn't putting up numbers anywhere near the DS and that's with frequent markdowns major holidays to drive sales.

Um, the 3DS has something like > 60 million units sold. Is that as much as the DS? No, but that is plenty respectable. Also the only real holiday markdown solid out before it was even suppose to be on sale.

I know, I wouldn't mind having one for a sale price, but it just never really happens...

53. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2017, 04:29 MattyC

Slick wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 03:18:
p.s. I had a 3DO ^_^

I still have a 3DO laying around somewhere in the attic... The best version of Road Rash and a solid port of StarControl 2!

News Comments > Conan Exiles PC Requirements
5. Re: Conan Exiles PC Requirements Jan 13, 2017, 05:15 MattyC

EDIT: Del

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2017, 09:40.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 13, 2017, 03:42 MattyC

I am sure the 'kill switches' will save us  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 12, 2017, 07:51 MattyC

KilrathiAce wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 03:14:
LOL @ nintendo.... they just need to realize when its over.

How so? They still rule the handheld roost that they are trying to tap into here and that is still a decent chunk of change. What I would like to see is a 3DS price drop (other than that holiday one that just went to resellers gaming their systems...), but with Sony asleep at the wheel I don't see that happening anytime soon. I still have my DS, and if it wasn't stolen I would still have my Advance SP (which I think had an even better lineup of games).

News Comments > Scalebound Cancelled
7. Re: Scalebound Cancelled Jan 10, 2017, 05:33 MattyC

Hump wrote on Jan 9, 2017, 23:08:
It looked interesting but it was VERY Japanese in its gameplay mechanics (lotsa boss fights). There was really nothing in the gameplay videos that seemed to set it apart from other games.

Well I think the intention was for it to be in JRPG style. Which was fine with me, it looked interesting and that is an underdeveloped market right now IMO. That said, I think the new Final Fantasy filled that void quite well. That is a genre and style I never want to see go away, but I also can only play so much of it at any given time.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 6, 2017, 21:40 MattyC

While I really don't see the point of the program it isn't spyware and it doesn't make you use Facebook as a login. You can login with Facebook, but you can also just use a normal login that you setup with them.

Again still seems pointless, but calling it spyware is a bit much...

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 6, 2017, 17:50 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 10:45:
Is the PS4 that much better of a console or is Andromeda intentionally gimped on the xbone?

That isn't really a large difference. You are talking about 180 and both being capped at 30 FPS. I kind of preferred 1920x1200 monitors to standard 1080, but when they went away it wasn't because devices weren't powerful enough to power them..

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
35. Re: Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin Jan 6, 2017, 11:36 MattyC

Acragas10 wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 10:23:
Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2017, 09:45:
Hahaha they are still using that shit? I remember that crap from the XBL days too and even Microsoft ditched the "Points" bullshit. Give it up already Bioware, geez.

They did give up, but for whatever reason never updated some of their old titles to stop using points. SO even if you do bite the bullet and buy the points you need, you better try to get exactly as many as you need, because if you have any left over, nothing will use them again, ever. I'm pretty sure this odd marketing agreement with Bioware/points is why we never got a complete version of ME2, 3 or Dragon Age 2.

The ME2 DLC ranges from interesting to very good, but I wouldn't qualify it as essential to enjoy the game. There's certainly plenty to do in the "base" game that you get for free.

All of this is oddly why I stuck with the Xbox for Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I would have honestly preferred to play them on the PC, but it always seemed like a horrible decision...

News Comments > Overwatch Nerfs Detailed
1. Re: Overwatch Nerfs Detailed Jan 6, 2017, 11:34 MattyC

I feel like the Roadhog change was needed, but I really haven't played enough lately to comment on the others. I only really came back when the holiday event started.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin
30. Re: Mass Effect 2 Free on Origin Jan 6, 2017, 08:11 MattyC

Morgan19 wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 20:47:
christheshitter wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 20:26:
I guess EA are the only ones winning on these giveaways.
You don't "have" to dig anywhere, and they only "win" if you make the choice to buy DLC... There are plenty of people happy to play the free game and leave it at that.

It appears the DLC is free with this at least.

News Comments > New Overwatch Map Launches
4. Re: New Overwatch Map Launches Jan 4, 2017, 04:21 MattyC

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 4, 2017, 02:56:
Is anyone still playing this?

I hadn't played it in some time, but when I logged on for the holiday event it was easily the quickest queues since launch. Seemed very active.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
21. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jan 3, 2017, 06:52 MattyC

Saboth wrote on Jan 2, 2017, 08:16:
If you switched from Android to Apple, you'd have to repurchase all of your apps, at probably 3-5x the cost you initially paid for them.

1) You would either have to pirate or pay to switch either way.
2) Most apps cost exactly the same, so I have no idea where you get the "3-5x the cost you initially paid for them". I assume you just made that up.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
13. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 1, 2017, 00:41 MattyC

Slick wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 20:57:
I don't mean to alarm anyone, but I've encountered an unidentified 1st-class term that was being used liberally in a Battlefront match the other night. When one individual killed another, instead of the classic "pwned" or modern flavor "rekt", these gentlemen would say: "you just got woke".

"you got woke" is on the rise, you've all been warned.

What... what does that even mean?

EDIT: Oh and salty new year! Just for Cutter.

News Comments > Vampyr Trailer
11. Re: Vampyr Trailer Dec 25, 2016, 00:47 MattyC

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 21:08:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2016, 18:07:
In this game afai can see, if you feed you kill. No matter your whether your playing good or evil. It seems a ridiculous, since vampires obviously need living healthy humans. Lore which kills every time you feed obviously destroys your food source, duh.

do you keep your steak alive after you are done eating it, somehow?

Well yes, obviously. Waste not, want not. Is bovine necromancy no longer in vogue?

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 22, 2016, 03:34 MattyC

I kind of like the new MacBooks (non-Pro), but that is about it. Their lineup just isn't very impressive right now. I still have a 17" 2008 MBP which works fine for me, but El Cap is going to be the last version of OS X that supports it, so I may have to jump ship soon.

It has been a great machine, but Apple seems to be more about silly LED bars and making everything tablet like now.

855 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo