Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 887 (Graduate)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Re: Into the Black Apr 27, 2017, 05:12 MattyC

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 03:45:
The Sixth Sense, even the Village, I really liked all of those Shyamalan films.

I don't know, I could be an outlier here, but both of those films bugged me.

Cole Sear's parent never even bothered to even meet the person they left a child with many times? A plane or loud car never went near The Village?

I also know you excluded Signs, but aliens who are killed by water wanting to invade one of the insanely few places in the galaxy that are mostly comprised of it was also wonky.

More power to those that enjoy his films, but I am not a fan.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 7, 2017, 18:46 MattyC

Anyone who hasn't picked up LIMBO yet really should consider it at that price. It may not be a game changer, but it is well worth it at that price.  

News Comments > Mad Catz Closed
22. Re: Mad Catz Closed Apr 1, 2017, 08:57 MattyC

MxxCon wrote on Apr 1, 2017, 02:14:
MattyC wrote on Apr 1, 2017, 01:22:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 21:45:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 21:01:
MacLeod wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 20:49:
But now I won't be able to get that Star Citizen branded Saitek controller when the game comes out!
Saitek and Mad Catz are not the same company or are they?

They were the same company. When Mad Catz got into financial trouble they sold off Saitek to Logitech (a match made in shit quality heaven).

If you don't like either company, that is fine, everyone gets an opinion. However, when has Logitech ever been known for "shit quality"? Their mice and keyboards are just about indestructible, assuming you don't down them in liquid, and even then they often live on.
My M705 stopped clicking, so...

Maybe I was just lucky, but I had a MX-510 that made it about a decade and even then it only died to a short in the cable. I still have a MX-512 and a G500 going strong as far as mice go. I paid less than $40 for each of them. I don't use it as my main keyboard anymore, but I used a G15 from when it came out until now and it also still works fine. The LCD display was useful for seeing who was talking in Ventrilo while also displaying a clock before I went with dual monitors.

Now if you were talking about their speakers...

News Comments > Mad Catz Closed
16. Re: Mad Catz Closed Apr 1, 2017, 01:22 MattyC

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 21:45:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 21:01:
MacLeod wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 20:49:
But now I won't be able to get that Star Citizen branded Saitek controller when the game comes out!
Saitek and Mad Catz are not the same company or are they?

They were the same company. When Mad Catz got into financial trouble they sold off Saitek to Logitech (a match made in shit quality heaven).

If you don't like either company, that is fine, everyone gets an opinion. However, when has Logitech ever been known for "shit quality"? Their mice and keyboards are just about indestructible, assuming you don't down them in liquid, and even then they often live on.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
3. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 26, 2017, 12:58 MattyC

Blizzard gives announcing StarCraft for free that can play with HD remake, people complain that it is a cash grab. Rolleyes  

News Comments > Blizzard Seeks to Reduce Overwatch Draws
3. Re: Blizzard Seeks to Reduce Overwatch Draws Mar 21, 2017, 00:20 MattyC

EDIT: Removing this. Didn't realize how old this post was.

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2017, 03:32.

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered Next Month
5. Re: Full Throttle Remastered Next Month Mar 15, 2017, 11:41 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 00:11:
Such a fucking awesome adventure game. LucasArts at its peak.

Bonus: Mark Hamill voice acting.

I wasn't as into LucasArts adventure games as most (I don't think), but even I loved Full Throttle.

News Comments > Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Video Game Announced
13. Re: Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days Video Game Announced Mar 11, 2017, 01:22 MattyC

I love Reservoir Dogs but... Confused  

News Comments > John Carmack Sues ZeniMax
34. Re: John Carmack Sues ZeniMax Mar 10, 2017, 09:13 MattyC

Task wrote on Mar 10, 2017, 08:19:
Well of course. ZeniMax are mainly the suits of Bethesda, not the same. Either way, ZeniMax guaranteed the dumbing down of Fallout by buying it, the franchise is horse manure now. Worse, Mutated Brahmin Shit.

Fallout 4 was a pretty solid game. I doubt ZeniMax had anything to do with the good parts, but it is what it is. Greatest Fallout? Not by any means, but still a good game. Creating a big budget game involves dealing with the suits. I don't think it is ideal either, but please, that was a decent game.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2017, 16:09 MattyC

The PS4 took this long to add external HD support? That seems really odd. I just assumed that since the One supported them the PS4 did too.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans?
14. Re: FINAL FANTASY XV PC Plans? Mar 4, 2017, 00:05 MattyC

Slick wrote on Mar 3, 2017, 19:02:
Gladiolus and Ignis's VO actors play it a bit flat for my liking. Noctis' VO actor does a great job, and OOOH MY GOD, the Chancellor's VO actor just makes me cream.

Really? I agree on Gladio, but I actually rather liked Ignis VOs. Darin De Paul definitely stole the show as Ardyn. He is also Reinhardt in Overwatch IIRC.

News Comments > Game Developers Choice Awards
3. Re: Game Developers Choice Awards Mar 2, 2017, 11:05 MattyC

Congrats to Tim Sweeney. I may not have always agreed with him, but he still deserved it.  

News Comments > ZeniMax Seeks Rift Injunction
30. Re: ZeniMax Seeks Rift Injunction Feb 26, 2017, 03:58 MattyC

Verno wrote on Feb 25, 2017, 21:39:
It's a shame this kind of crap just interferes with adoption of new tech. VR will never get off the ground with this kind of nonsense going on.

It was probably inevitable, but yep, this isn't helping.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 22, 2017, 01:11 MattyC

I doubt, but wonder if this will include college football. If so, I wouldn't mind paying $10 for that during the season. CBS ends up covering a lot and even DVRing it and skipping through the commercials gets tedious. I think I can say with confidence that they have the most per game of any network...  

News Comments > Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced
8. Re: Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced Feb 16, 2017, 12:19 MattyC

Jagacademy wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 10:14:
I want to be a "paladin", but don't want to be an old guy with grey hair.

The ravages of time eventually come to all... It will happen to you!

News Comments > Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced
3. Re: Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced Feb 16, 2017, 01:28 MattyC

I tried the game way back in early 2013 (I think it was still in beta?) and just couldn't get into it. Too slow and too much killing crabs on a beach for what seemed like eternity. That said, it looks like a lot has changed. I will definitely be giving it another go.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 10, 2017, 14:41 MattyC

The Japan's arcades article on Financial Times seems to want me to sub... not going to do that, but I will say that I miss arcades in the US. I know they aren't totally dead, but at least in this area they are pretty close.  

News Comments > E3 Opens to Public
12. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 05:37 MattyC

This is something I would be really into... many many years ago. Too little too late I think, but I guess time will tell.  

News Comments > Project CARS 2 This Year
17. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 16:09 MattyC

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 15:40:
MattyC
Project Cars isn't too bad with a controller but it is a ton more fun with the wheel. After some practice you can push the cars to the limits much better with the wheel than with the controller. Much smoother for steering also. It is however a pain in the ass to set it up and tear it down if you don't have a dedicated wheel stand.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds fun, wish I had room for that. I would love a wheel and pedal setup, but I already use 1/2 my 'LAN PC' second desk for my previously mentioned flight setup and it really just sees use when I play Sturmovik games and very rarely some others. I think my better half would frown on the purchase, but honestly the desk space is a big concern with my setups at this point too. Sad

News Comments > Project CARS 2 This Year
15. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 15:33 MattyC

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 11:22:
feel of cars with my G27 wheel and pedals were great.

I always felt it looked kind of neat, but I had Forza with my little controller, so I stayed away. How is it with a controller? I would like a wheel, but I wasted enough money and desk space on my Saitek X52 for games I really don't play very often. Not sure I could go for a wheel and pedal setup.

887 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo