Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 747 (Apprentice)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Crysis 3; Review Roundup Feb 19, 2013, 21:10 MattyC

DangerDog wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 19:42:
I watched some twitch.tv of the single player and while it looks impressive the gameplay just seems a bit flat

really good looking demo for CryEngine 3 though.

That sort of sums up how I felt about every Crysis title. That and this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
53. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 17:52 MattyC

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 17:38:
nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 16:23:
Honestly, after seeing the difference in quality between the "demo" and the "final" I will never order a gearbox product until there's a clear consensus on what the final game looks like.

that is extremely shocking, absolutely disgusting.

Does it ever show anything 'shocking'? I moved on after they talked about minor lighting changes for 2 minutes. I thought the well lit glass tunnel looked better than the one from the demo anyway.

From reviews I have seen there doesn't seem to be any reason to get the game either way.

News Comments > Bungie's Destiny Details Soon
13. Re: Bungie's Destiny Details Soon Feb 12, 2013, 20:13 MattyC

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 19:33:
Sure Bungie has made other games:

Myth - A mediocre and forgettable RTS series

I see we differ greatly in opinion. I have fond memories of Myth (well at least the first 2) and found Crysis useful only as a benchmarking tool.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today
9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Update Today Feb 12, 2013, 16:51 MattyC

Elessar wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 11:59:
Theo wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 09:29:
Ahhhh EA's cross country sci-fi running simulator. didnt realise it was still going.
While playing, I often referred to it as Star Wars Jogging Simulator, but I like this one too.

When did the walking get bad? I rarely found it much of an issue, but then I think I never got past level 10 or so (whatever the free 2 play cap was at the time).

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 30, 2013, 21:04 MattyC

If you don't have Mafia II I would recommend it at that price. Steam would be better, but either way it is a pretty solid sub $8 pickup.

I got it for free with a video card a while back, I didn't expect much. It ended up being a really fun game.

EDIT: But don't get the DLC. It is all ruined by a terrible 'timer for everything' system..

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2013, 21:36.

News Comments > On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
3. Re: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 Jan 27, 2013, 15:42 MattyC

ViRGE wrote on Jan 26, 2013, 17:46:
not all of us liked Chrono Trigger.

BURN THE HERETIC!

but I did prefer the style of 1 & 2. 3 wasn't without its own charm though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2013, 16:46 MattyC

Creston wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 13:11:
Redmask wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 12:47:
I don't know about the Foreman grill specifically but those types of grills have come a long way surprisingly. A friend of mine rents and his town has an ordinance banning BBQs on apartment balconies so he had to get a little Hamilton Beach counter grill press. We had some burgers and they were delicious, no dryness or toughness at all. It had a little drip tray but its only to catch slight run off, the burgers cook in their own juices and taste delicious. I sound like a commercial, I'll stop now. Really though if you have no other option they're not bad at all.

Hmmm, it's been awhile since I used a Foreman (looong ago when my wife and I had no money for an actual decent grill/BBQ), and it made burgers dry as shit. I guess I could have another look at one of those things for use during the winter times.

(During the summer, shit gets cooked to perfection on my 900 kajillion BTU Forge Master Supreme XT Master Chef Edition Alpha!)

Creston

It should be fine for burgers, hot dogs, sausages and the like. I use one when it is raining out and I want something like that. Never tried chicken (if I am inside I would just pan sear that) or much of anything else. The newer ones do a pretty good job for what they are.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic
22. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 13:47 MattyC

InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 10:47:
Well I really liked Starcraft II, warts and all. It felt like Starcraft 1.5 and to me that is a good thing....

Cant say the same for the new Battle.net 2.0 or Diablo3 though. Fucking up a good thing is basically an understatement in those two cases....

They are changing quite a bit, will have to see how it turns out though. B.net 2.0 really didn't bother me that much overall (SC2 here, not D3).

I never had trouble playing games by myself or with others. The chat was fine for me (other than the obvious spam invite issues and things of that nature) and default channels are almost always spam, trolls, and idle people. What I felt was off was the custom game interface. Wow was it bad. No idea if they have made meaningful improvements there.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 20, 2013, 22:52 MattyC

DangerDog wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 15:38:
the 80's feel like an era of computers that didn't really happen.

Not sure what you mean by what

News Comments > Age of Conan Expands
8. Re: Age of Conan Expands Jan 15, 2013, 20:05 MattyC

Linksil wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 15:06:
First 20 levels were the best I have ever had in an MMO. The starting island was just wonderful. After you get out into the world it went downhill faster then I ever thought possible. Haven't gone back in years. I'd still recommend doing it free just for the starting.

When did you play? I got it right at launch and I saw plenty of potential fun, but it was all covered by one of the buggiest messiest games I have ever played. MMO launches are never great, but that one was

News Comments > Age of Conan Expands
5. Re: Age of Conan Expands Jan 15, 2013, 14:03 MattyC

Ant wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 09:32:
Is it still worth checking out as a newbie? I never got to try it and I love 1980s/80s Conan series. I still haven't opened my game box. :/

I have no idea if it got any better, but they send me emails every now and then saying I should come back and see all the new stuff. Not sure if I will ever take them up on that. That game was just so bad and clearly unfinished at launch.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 21:07 MattyC

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 17:18:
Wow. People, stop buying Skyrim, so it can drop in price enough for ME to consider buying Skyrim. :o

Skyrim is worth the cash if you still haven't picked it up imo. You won't be disappointed.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2013, 21:54.

Why did I have a t on cash...

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists
14. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 11, 2013, 10:39 MattyC

Kajetan wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 04:35:
MattyC wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 22:21:
Mass Effect 1 & 2 (I left out 3, but not for tech reasons), Borderlands, and Arkam Asylum, Xcom EU etc were all made on Unreal tech. That is only staying with more recent and leaving out titles like Deus Ex.
These are all multiplattform titles, designed to work on consoles.

I don't deny that, I was only pointing out that Epic tech has been behind a large number of games for the PC. His post seems to ignore that. It isn't the "DEATH TO ALL CONSOLES" alliance.

Also, I just learned that Deus Ex came out for consoles.

12. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 22:21 MattyC

MajorD wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 22:08:
MattyC wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 20:37:
Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 11:10:
The fact that Epic was the founding member of this group immediately relegated it to "rather bad joke" status, but their actions Rotfl since then have only strengthened that perception.

Huh You are aware of the various versions of the Unreal Engine and the many PC games it has powered yes?

I believe that was the irony he was alluding to....

The quote tree appears to be creeping, but how so? The engines have hardly been perfect, but they have lead to some great games. PC games have never been perfect, I recently replayed Arcanum. I loved that game. I still had fun with the replay all these years later, but wow did that game have issues. Doesn't mean it wasn't a good game though.

Mass Effect 1 & 2 (I left out 3, but not for tech reasons), Borderlands, and Arkam Asylum, Xcom EU etc were all made on Unreal tech. That is only staying with more recent and leaving out titles like Deus Ex.

10. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 10, 2013, 20:37 MattyC

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 11:10:
The fact that Epic was the founding member of this group immediately relegated it to "rather bad joke" status, but their actions Rotfl since then have only strengthened that perception.

Huh You are aware of the various versions of the Unreal Engine and the many PC games it has powered yes?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 9, 2013, 22:43 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 21:52:
Consoles are over and they just don't know it yet. No need for them anymore.

I doubt it. A reduction, sure I could see that. Going away? I don't think so. I don't mean that as a console proponent, I just see that as the way things are.

News Comments > Torment Interview
2. Re: Torment Interview Jan 9, 2013, 22:19 MattyC

I have my reservations about this one, but at the end of the day... a new Planescape? I can't help but be excited.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Second Wave DLC
5. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Second Wave DLC Jan 8, 2013, 10:49 MattyC

Warskull wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 10:12:
I would say maybe between 1 in 3 and 1 in 5 in my experience. I had quite a few running around. Did you test all 30?

I sent everyone through the psi labs once I had it. It is possible some who had already died were 'gifted', but I think I had only lost 1 or 2 besides the unavoidable first mission ones prior to that.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Second Wave DLC
1. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Second Wave DLC Jan 8, 2013, 09:49 MattyC

More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.

Was it not already? Don't get me wrong, I had a pretty good time with Xcom: EU. That said, I think I had 3 psionics in my game where I kept a roster of 30 (new soldiers when previous ones died).

News Comments > AoE Online Content Development Ceasing
2. Re: AoE Online Content Development Ceasing Jan 3, 2013, 21:18 MattyC

This could have been moderately fun if was actually F2P or more realistic about content prices. You could do almost nothing with the base game and the content packs (at least at launch, I can't speak for any later reductions) were too expensive for what they were.  

747 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo