Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed,
the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 1374 (Pro)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > New Steam Library Beta This Month

5. Re: New Steam Library Beta This Month Sep 4, 2019, 22:05 MattyC

Sepharo wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 21:45:
Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 19:23:
Why not allow people to customize the clients colors like the Windows desktop?

Unless the broke it or something Steam has has the ability to do custom skins for a long long time.

It did, it even had a second default theme, silver... a long time ago. I think it still has the option somewhere but it hasnít worked in ages. IIRC itís a drop down, but itís disabled.

I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2019, 21:02 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 19:35:
I've been to Savannah but not Atlanta. I'd love to check out the Atlanta Aquarium.

I think Atlanta is one of those cities you really like or really dislike. Itís hot this time of year, humid, and blanketed in interminable smog. Then there is the traffic...

That said, different things for different people. It does have some great places to eat and spiffy venues. I would recommend you go in Winter if you must. This time of year Iíd recommend Chattanooga for an aquarium destination.

I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?

News Comments > Out of the Blue

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2019, 18:30 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2019, 13:44:
An armed mob attacks the store because they ran out of sandwiches? And the linked story to it with another clown suing them because they ran out of sandwiches. Jesus, only in America.

I deliberated for about 3 years before getting my tat.

I donít really think most younger people care that much about tattoos. They have been around forever and fall in and out of vogue. New generation doing something different etc.

The only type I have to admit judging people for is the face tattoo. Some are just objectively bad, like Mike Tysonís, and there is no accounting for taste. However, most just look like someone doodled random nonsense. If tattoos are about expressing yourself, face tats are jumping up and down on a street corner shouting your ideas. Maybe some of them are really insightful, but you scare me so I am not going to stay and find out.

Right on cue...
Police said the man with the gun is being described as having ... tattoos on his face

Anyway, best wishes Blue!

News Comments > ArcheAge: Unchained This Month

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2019, 18:02 MattyC

Frijoles wrote on Sep 2, 2019, 17:26:
DrSquick wrote on Sep 2, 2019, 16:24:
One thing I really liked about this game was you could build a house in the open world, not some boring instanced area,

Except all the locations were taken when I played. That was shortly after release, though. I recall camping houses with a timer of some sort of when it might open, hoping the owner had left and not paid the bill. If that's the alternative, I'd rather have an instanced house.

I doubt I'll return to ArcheAge unelss it really takes off. Can't really trust that it won't become p2w again once people are invested in the game.

I never played this, but that was about how I remember non instanced housing being in SW Galaxies. Though, iirc they slowly broke down rather than just vanished. Either way, Iíll take instancing until someone finds a better way to do it.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Free with Path of Fire

1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Free with Path of Fire Sep 1, 2019, 14:16 MattyC

but... but why not the other way around?

Curse my buying things in order and in mid June!

News Comments > Land of War: The Beginning Revealed

2. Re: Land of War: The Beginning Revealed Sep 1, 2019, 09:55 MattyC

I think you are being pedantic considering the whole thing was barely over a month long. The Germans invaded on the 1st of September, but the Soviets didn't get involved until the 17th. The text makes it pretty clear you are fighting the Germans. It makes more sense to be focused when dealing with such a short overall duration, plus it reduces the number of art assets that would see minimal use.

At any rate, the studio is Polish with a .PL website that is in Polish. I am pretty sure they don't need lessons in their own history.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes

26. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes Sep 1, 2019, 09:22 MattyC

Sepharo wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 16:33:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 16:11:
MattyC wrote on Aug 31, 2019, 16:01:
Am I the only one who has never ever heard of Trello?
I only heard of it in relation to the EVS roadmap, and I've been in software development for 20 years.

Typically you end up using either Jira or Trello... my damn work uses both. Trello for the long term planning and Jira for the sprint planning.
And we use funretro.io for our retro meetings... can never have enough boards right?

Maybe I am missing out on some really neat stuff here, but I think I would hate something like that. I also think if I tried to present any of those I would be met with "why not just put it on the group calendar / repo docs?" and blank stares. That would probably be followed by a box. Like for my stuff, so probably for the best it doesn't look very interesting. Whatever

Edit: I forgot to ask the only question I had, go me! Do you find it actually helps with anything?

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 2019, 10:22.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes

2. Re: Epic Games Store Roadmap Dropping Timeframes Aug 31, 2019, 16:01 MattyC

Am I the only one who has never ever heard of Trello?  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears

5. Re: Destiny 2 Steam Migration Nears Aug 31, 2019, 12:42 MattyC

I logged in with my bnet and added my steam ID. Not sure the process was really worth complaining about.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 30, 2019, 17:15 MattyC

RTX Comes to Minecraft

Donít they also have VR? I guess that means they have made really expensive Legos. Congrats?

News Comments > Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King This Fall

7. Re: Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King This Fall Aug 30, 2019, 17:01 MattyC

Sepharo wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 23:46:
MattyC wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 23:09:
jacobvandy wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 02:20:
Great games that deserve the re-release, but what's most interesting is the 'Disney Classic Games' branding, seeming to imply there will be more.

Itís Disney, there will always be more. They have to show how badly they need another 120 years added to copyright.

Is there anything more? These were the two iconic games I remember.

edit: I suppose there's DuckTales but that was just recently re-released. Maybe Toy Story, but that was a hot garbage game.

There are a lot of DuckTales games though, and Chp n Dales on the good front.

On the hot garbage front, not many people know (or intentionally drank away) but almost every animated Disney movie into the late 90s has a game. From Fantasia to Pocahontas, almost all bad.

News Comments > Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King This Fall

5. Re: Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and the Lion King This Fall Aug 29, 2019, 23:09 MattyC

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 29, 2019, 02:20:
Great games that deserve the re-release, but what's most interesting is the 'Disney Classic Games' branding, seeming to imply there will be more.

Itís Disney, there will always be more. They have to show how badly they need another 120 years added to copyright.

News Comments > Telltale Games Revival

1. Re: Telltale Games Revival Aug 28, 2019, 12:51 MattyC

I hope they donít come back just to do more Walking Dead... the zombie market is plenty saturated at present.

The
Wolf
Among
Us

News Comments > Pagan Online Released

2. Re: Pagan Online Released Aug 28, 2019, 12:14 MattyC

I don't usually put much stock in Steam reviews and I put even less in anything from MetaCritic, but overall these reviews are just... not the best.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 27, 2019, 22:02 MattyC

Surely that Chrome article is incorrect. I mean removing menu clutter is fine, but that isnít what the article says... it says Ďfeatures no one usedí and lists new tab as one.

Again, I really think they mean menu options no one used because they were using the hotkeys instead, but that isnít how it is written.

News Comments > The Bardís Tale IV: Director's Cut Released

1. Re: The Bardís Tale IV: Director's Cut Released Aug 27, 2019, 21:50 MattyC

If I am not mistaken this is also included with Gamepass on PC and Xbox.  

News Comments > Maxis Creating a New IP

14. Re: Maxis Creating a New IP Aug 27, 2019, 02:42 MattyC

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 26, 2019, 16:20:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2019, 15:09:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 26, 2019, 14:56:
Is that BEFORE or after the next 20 The Sims 4 DLC's?

C'mon, who doesn't like to play house?

I want a medical simulator where I can play House MD.

We all know that is just code for you going and taking fistfulls of vicodin...

News Comments > Maxis Creating a New IP

9. Re: Maxis Creating a New IP Aug 26, 2019, 16:25 MattyC

I have the inside scoop on this. The new IP? Another $3000 worth of Sims 4 DLC! It will be called Sims 4 - DLC designer. You can watch your Sims create DLC and spend your money on that same DLC. In a series first, your Sims will use your actual credit card!  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance

2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 25, 2019, 23:19 MattyC

"Privacy is paramount to us, in everything we do, which is mostly invade yours!Ē  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 24, 2019, 17:00 MattyC

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 24, 2019, 10:00:
I found it to be more effective than PiHole.

Interesting, I may have to give that a look assuming it can also run on a Pi or something else silent and super power/heat efficient. I don't see anything at a glance that any 3/+ couldn't handle. If you don't mind me asking, what hardware do you use?

1374 Comments. 69 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >