Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 843 (Graduate)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 9, 2016, 04:30 MattyC

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 18:43:
Can agree Avast is decent for the free version. Adding in AVG though, eesh. If you want to go down the shit path why not throw some Mcafee in for good measure?

AVG has gone so far downhill in the past several years it makes me sad, but don''t be throwing out the M word, ya jerk. Not even CLOSE to comparable.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve Going Free
12. Re: Evolve Going Free Jul 7, 2016, 06:55 MattyC

With the "founder" status it doesn't seem to far off from what they did with TF2, so I have no issue with it. Granted TF2 was a game I bought in the OB and liked from the start, and Evolve always seemed like a mess, but I will give it a go for free.

It seems like they are at least trying. I mean, the game wasn't really going anywhere with the previous model.

News Comments > Josh Mosqueira Leaves Blizzard
22. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2016, 22:55 MattyC

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jul 3, 2016, 20:35:
It's a big company, but it's also a pretty conservative one. Overwatch is their first genuinely new IP since 1998 after all.

I know the characters / cards are old, but I would consider WoW, Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone to be new IP. The first added tons of new outside content, but more importantly all 3 were new games. Just seems odd to imply they have been 'pulling a Madden' or something for almost 20 years.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
24. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2016, 22:45 MattyC

Tumbler wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 15:02:
Seeing the finished results of games like Shadowrun

What was wrong with Shadowrun? I feel like they shipped pretty much everything exactly as advertised. I wouldn't call it one of my absolute favorite games of all time, but for the price it was quite fun and is one of the more open games (to modders/the community) in recent memory.

I also quite enjoyed FTL, though I still feel it would have been better as a pure turn based game.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 3, 2016, 18:45 MattyC

Do they not do community events based around the sales anymore? Or did I just miss them all this year?  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
13. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 30, 2016, 05:26 MattyC

It looks like a R.A.T.7 got beat up after drunkenly wondering into the wrong part of town... and the R.A.T.7 didn't look that great to begin with.

If people like it though, more power to them. A mouse isn't really about the looks.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
24. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 07:41 MattyC

Flo wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 06:00:
MattyC wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 03:10:
Flo wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 02:03:
I got a 29" LG curved, it only got 2560x1080 but that's ok for my 960gtx. I love playing ultra-wide games and was very surprised that even older titles like Dead Space support it.

Do you ever watch much media on it? That is my worry with curved and (to a lesser degree) ultra wide displays. I think I would like them for gaming, work would depend on what exactly I was doing that day I guess, but sometimes I watch movies/shows on my PC and sit further back and I just don't think I would like that. Even more so on anything <30.

I mean if it is something I am really into I would just go watch it on my TV anyway, but I was curious.
Not really watching movies on there. Netflix for example does not support 21:9 resolutions, but the amazon web player does.

That is about what I thought, but it never hurts to ask. Still looks like it would be great for gaming.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 27, 2016, 03:14 MattyC

You don't get out much do you?  

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
18. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 03:10 MattyC

Flo wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 02:03:
I got a 29" LG curved, it only got 2560x1080 but that's ok for my 960gtx. I love playing ultra-wide games and was very surprised that even older titles like Dead Space support it.

Do you ever watch much media on it? That is my worry with curved and (to a lesser degree) ultra wide displays. I think I would like them for gaming, work would depend on what exactly I was doing that day I guess, but sometimes I watch movies/shows on my PC and sit further back and I just don't think I would like that. Even more so on anything <30.

I mean if it is something I am really into I would just go watch it on my TV anyway, but I was curious.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 27, 2016, 03:07 MattyC

JeffD wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 08:36:
Poor excuses. Other games have continued with update content for all platforms. They should do destiny 2 if they want one and 4 only versions.

How would that be better? Then instead of Destiny from release date until whenever they finally become legacy (which everyone knew was happening) 360 and PS3 players would have had nothing. I mean they weren't exactly duped here...

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 25, 2016, 22:39 MattyC

JeffD wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 16:31:
in other news, bungie sucks at long term vision. Kind of like why they didn't choose pc as a platform to begin with.

The 360 and the PS3 came out in 2005 and 2006... I think they had plenty of "long term vision" there. Those were never the lead platforms.

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Launches
11. Re: Overwatch PTR Launches Jun 22, 2016, 20:38 MattyC

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 17:32:
Total-Khaos wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 16:53:
I don't hear any 12-year-old kids calling me names with their squeaky voices that penetrate my very soul."

Are you playing it on PC or a console?

This is a big reason I don't buy games on console.

I haven't played a lot of the new consoles, but I don't think you are ever lumped into voice chat anymore. Unless I have magically never been placed in it you also don't get dropped in Overwatch on PC.

I guess what I am saying is I think those squeaky voices are coming from his/her own Vent or TS server. I think you would file that under PEBCAK.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC
1. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC Jun 22, 2016, 20:30 MattyC

I never really played anything beyond the vanilla Sins of a Solar Empire, but I did enjoy that. Pretty crazy that they are still putting out DLC. I might have to give it a try assuming I can find my disc.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2016, 20:26 MattyC

Quboid wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 18:22:
As someone who was still on dialup into the new millennium

Everyone stay calm... If he didn't touch you, cough on you, or look in your general direction you should be fine. The rest of you will need to gather all the steel wool and matches you can carry while we unsoiled flee to safety.

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible
49. Re: PC Destiny Still Possible Jun 17, 2016, 21:00 MattyC

SmyTTor wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 15:19:
I dunno... I kinda thought the main thing that made Bungie famous was being pretty much the only real Mac game developer back in the day...

Marathon was indeed a big Mac title, but I am not sure why you think that is all they did or that they only did Mac games. I loved the Myth games and while Oni wasn't amazing, it was a solid game.

Also Blizzard, Westwood, Maxis etc. Plenty of devs made Mac games.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin Jun 17, 2016, 18:13 MattyC

Gib007 wrote on Jun 17, 2016, 14:25:
I bought it for 18 recently and it's fun to play for a few rounds here and there. The full price would have been too much but 18 is ok in my view.

Pretty much. I enjoyed what I played of it, but I never got very into. It is kind of a waste since the sound and visuals are so nice, but there just isn't enough content and I am not paying for a "season pass" for them to fix that.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released
7. Re: Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released Jun 16, 2016, 03:53 MattyC

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 22:59:
I contracted on Civ III back in 2001- it would be amazingly awesome if they released an expansion for it 15 years later, but I think we used 3dsmax4... not sure if that's Windows 10 compatible.

Unless something has changed or I am slowly going crazy you could render the units (if that is what you are talking about) however you wanted. It was still more or less sprite based. You could create 3d models and use those as the basis for sprites, but what you ended up using was just PCX files w/ transparency ini files, and flc files IIRC. Flc was an autodesk format, but they didn't lock it down like .max. Again, this is just what I remember from playing around with modding the game so I could be off after so many years.

News Comments > Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Trailers
2. Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Trailers Jun 15, 2016, 01:17 MattyC

siapnar wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 21:11:
A little wonky with the animations and physics, but they're pushing for castle sieges, which is awesome in itself

I am sure they have some planned polish there and I would imagine animations are one of the most difficult parts of creating a game like this (not that I can speak from experience). I hope they ultimately nail everything because it looks a game with tons of potential.

News Comments > Battleborn Adding Microtransactions
9. Re: Battleborn Adding Microtransactions Jun 15, 2016, 01:10 MattyC

I honestly didn't know Battleborn was still a thing. It sort of came and went without notice for me.  

News Comments > Gears of War 4 for Windows 10
11. Re: Gears of War 4 for Windows 10 Jun 14, 2016, 07:38 MattyC

Nuhauser wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 01:37:
Are we going to be stuck playing with a gimpy thumbstick controller like we are for Forza?

Yeah! Those guy should make us play a racing game with the mouse and keyboard! It works way better than a controller or a racing wheel or other options people have had playing Forza! Laugh

That said, I don't see a lot of people moving to 10 because of GoW. Now admitting Metro was a failure and removing it? That might get a few people to at least look.

843 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo