Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 887 (Graduate)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm "Systemic Level" Changes Coming
6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Oct 16, 2016, 07:54 MattyC

Osc8r wrote on Oct 16, 2016, 04:01:
There's only two channels on twitch that have more than a hundred viewers right now.

It is 7:40 am EST and they have 11 currently. It regularly pulls in solid numbers. I don't watch it much, but I do see in up in the top 3-5 on the regular.

As for the 'skill ceiling', I guess you just mean it doesn't reward item selection and last hit, but those mechanics have grown thin on some, such as myself. Curious as to what you find clunky though.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2016, 07:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins
6. Re: Overwatch Launches PvE Mode and Halloween Skins Oct 12, 2016, 01:00 MattyC

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 11, 2016, 21:24:
PVE content? Is Overwatch dying already, or was that part of the plan all along?

I imagine it was the plan all along. It worked for TF2.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 8, 2016, 20:46 MattyC

Bumpy wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 20:32:
Similar to alcohol, being full of artificial chemicals that are proven more harmful than plain sugar or sucrose

I don't know what beer you are drinking but you should maybe stop and drink things that are... actual beer.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Eternal Throne Trailer
4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Eternal Throne Trailer Oct 8, 2016, 18:24 MattyC

Frijoles wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 11:26:
Is it worth jumping back in if you just do the F2P part? I heard it's pretty restricted, but that was when they first introduced it.

If you owned it before, not really. You are pretty much open to whatever. You don't have full subscriber benefits, but is pretty close. If you want to get 7 days of sub time you can use, I will PM you a key and the new community event vehicle key.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2016, 18:45.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Eternal Throne Trailer
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Eternal Throne Trailer Oct 8, 2016, 03:28 MattyC

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 21:27:
Say what you will about the game but the trailers and class stories are some of the best in the MMO genre. Easily the most enjoyable leveling experience I've ever had in spite of being a watered down version of KotOR.

I'll likely give it another go to finish the story of the previous expansion and catch up.

I would have preferred a real new KotOR, but yeah sums it up well. They really do a great job of story telling despite it being a MMO.

News Comments > Mafia III Framerate Concerns
15. Re: Mafia III Framerate Concerns Oct 7, 2016, 00:01 MattyC

DangerDog wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 23:48:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 23:06:
I pre-ordered it and I don't regret it. I always expect issues on release on any game. Mafia II was no different and that got ironed out in to a solid game. As I want to continue seeing Mafia games, I support their efforts.

I'll see tomorrow how it runs on my systems and go from there. If it needs a couple of patches, I go back to playing KSP.

I predict it's going to run at 30fps

ha ha

one mans trash is another mans treasure, hope you have fun

Don't make me sad. I was hoping to pick this up after the holidays when it had some more polish.

News Comments > Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed
17. Re: Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed Oct 7, 2016, 00:00 MattyC

Specifically mentioning, me requesting drm free on GOG, was somehow denying quality games from being published is a form of fault/blame/responsibility. Comprehension is also a form a responsibility. Often used in written and spoken word.

Speechless

Right... Well I don't think you were hijacking trucks full of copies of BG&E and absconding to your hideout on Mt. Evil, so I don't think I was accusing you of that.

My only point was sure it would be ideal for the free copy to be from GoG and while it would be ideal (I would give them massive kudos) it most likely isn't going to happen. Ubi wants to promote Ubi so be realistic. You might want to check into that comprehension thing you were talking about.

15. Re: Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed Oct 6, 2016, 20:56 MattyC

Acleacius wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 16:37:
MattyC wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 15:55:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 13:49:
I'm guessing it will only be free on ubi's drm site? I wouldn't mind getting this for free on GOG.

How generous of you... BG&E was a greatly underappreciated game, it wasn't say Planescape Torment, but it was as critically undersold.

Who knows if the sequel will be anywhere near as good and DRM shouldn't be forced, but asking for it for free is not going to get more quality games published.
This article is about the sequel and getting the original game for free. It didn't mention which service it was going to be free on. All I did was make my preference known. How the hell do you get to a point, where this is my fault? Yousaidwhat Giggle

I didn't mention fault, so no idea what you are talking about there. Obviously they will most likely put it on their service, which isn't ideal, as that is what they want to promote. That is all I said. Fault?

9. Re: Beyond Good and Evil Sequel Confirmed Oct 6, 2016, 15:55 MattyC

Acleacius wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 13:49:
I'm guessing it will only be free on ubi's drm site? I wouldn't mind getting this for free on GOG.

How generous of you... BG&E was a greatly underappreciated game, it wasn't say Planescape Torment, but it was as critically undersold.

Who knows if the sequel will be anywhere near as good and DRM shouldn't be forced, but asking for it for free is not going to get more quality games published.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 2, 2016, 18:18 MattyC

Mafia III

Keeping my eye on that one. I loved 2.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm New Hero Reveal Next Week
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm New Hero Reveal Next Week Oct 2, 2016, 04:46 MattyC

Linchpind wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 11:01:
This game has grown on me a lot the past year. Looking forward to the new hero.

The game has matured a lot in the last year. Usually Blizzard creeps along at a glacial pace, which worried me a little with HotS because I felt it left beta without REALLY leaving beta. That said I think they have really made a fun 'MOBA'... and that is from someone who generally loathes MOBAs.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Rumors
21. Re: Destiny 2 PC Rumors Oct 1, 2016, 00:56 MattyC

Rigs wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 22:47:
after they abandoned last gen like a hooker with leprosy.

The 360 had a lengthy run having launched in 2005. It is 2016, time to let that one go.

Don't get me wrong, you can still get tons of fun out of a 360 playing through older titles, but expecting support for something as online focused as Destiny? I don't think that was ever in the cards.

News Comments > Battleborn F2P Rumor
11. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Sep 30, 2016, 01:32 MattyC

ViRGE wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 22:54:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 22:32:
MattyC wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 20:43:
deqer wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 20:13:
If you want your game to really fail, make it F2P. People love grinding for their stuff.

Some games have gone F2P and made it work (Guild Wars 2 and StarWars TOR and multiple MOBAs for example), but I really don't see it working here.

To be precise, both Guild Wars games have always been free to play once you purchased the game itself.
Which is Buy To Play. Free To Play is fundamentally different, and in an important way.

You can still buy the game, but it just unlocks different features. I would call that F2P. You can download it right now and play the game for nothing.

6. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Sep 29, 2016, 20:43 MattyC

deqer wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 20:13:
If you want your game to really fail, make it F2P. People love grinding for their stuff.

Some games have gone F2P and made it work (Guild Wars 2 and StarWars TOR and multiple MOBAs for example), but I really don't see it working here.

1. Re: Battleborn F2P Rumor Sep 29, 2016, 19:18 MattyC

I wonder if developers are ever going to make the connection between "F2P" games and demos. Does anyone remember those? The things developers used to release for free and if you liked it you bought the full game.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 14, 2016, 16:52 MattyC

Beamer wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 16:30:
MattyC wrote on Sep 14, 2016, 16:14:
I don't have anything that would run it, but OS 9 does have the best version of SimCity 2k which, IMO, is still the best SimCity

I can't speak to the OS9 vs Windows differences, nor did I play any of the subsequent SimCities, but yes, yes I agree, haha.

Generally it is just due to it being able to run at a higher resolution and looking 'prettier'. Plus the Windows version can be a PITA due to bits of 16 bit code that won't run anymore so most just go with the DOS version.

I think Maxis was still mostly a Mac first company at that point.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 14, 2016, 16:14 MattyC

I don't have anything that would run it, but OS 9 does have the best version of SimCity 2k which, IMO, is still the best SimCity  

News Comments > Paragon Adds New Hero
2. Re: Paragon Adds New Hero Sep 14, 2016, 04:32 MattyC

Osc8r wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 23:07:
who aren't that familiar with DOTA, LOL etc.

I don't know about the console crowd and I haven't had a chance to play this yet, but it could be welcome. I mean the market is saturated, but games like Heroes of the Storm that don't rely on that increasingly tired last hit mechanic and item buying might spark some interest. Probably not from me though...

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
73. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Sep 1, 2016, 15:27 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 15:01:
MattyC wrote on Sep 1, 2016, 03:46:
I was shocked that it ran on my woefully outdated system. i7 3GHz, 12gigs of RAM, GeForce 460 GTX 4GB... and well... it ran, well even.

The game is pretty fun but the tank respawn rate seems way too high for my taste.

I'd hardly call that outdated...

Core i5 going on 6 years old, GTX 670, 8 GB RAM, and it runs fine for me as well.

The 460 GTX was a great buy when I got it, but it is well below the minimum specs for the game, I really expected it to run poorly.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
67. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Sep 1, 2016, 03:46 MattyC

I was shocked that it ran on my woefully outdated system. i7 3GHz, 12gigs of RAM, GeForce 460 GTX 4GB... and well... it ran, well even.

The game is pretty fun but the tank respawn rate seems way too high for my taste.

887 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo