Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 1065 (Pro)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 27, 2018, 21:43 MattyC

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2018, 19:42:
Unintended. Jesus... What, did the tits just start jiggling on their own after you made a patch live?

A Tomonobu Itagaki rogue git push? I mean he has access to Ninja Gaiden levels of stealth and often works in mysterious (and wildly inappropriate) ways...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 20, 2018, 01:45 MattyC

Apparently they have a gaming app.

I think that being part of the AlphaGooglebet-X-Weyland-Yutani Hypomagorporation requires you to have several ghost town projects in eternal beta at all times.

Otherwise when you go to eat in the (totally not ominous sounding) Googleplex cafeteria, the other conglomerates poke fun and won't let you sit at the cool conglomerates table.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta
18. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout PC Open Beta Sep 17, 2018, 03:11 MattyC

Played for a bit earlier. Another super uninspired BR mode. Go to island on a glider and derp about looking for loot. It is more or less a carbon copy of anything you have played previously in this genre, which I guess is the new MOBA. Not my cup of tea, but that is fine. I imagine it was the goal and is what the audience wants.

I will say that it ran very well and the sound was great - a complement I usually reserve for Battlefield games, not CoD. The guns have all the right feel. Pretty much everything else is either stock BF or meh though. There was a lot of pop-in, but I don't think you can fairly evaluate a multiplayer beta for that type of thing.

I imagine it will sell buckets to its intended audience, I am just sadly not part of it.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 12, 2018, 06:31 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 22:40:
Use VR to travel through a duck's amazing vagina.

All of my life's dreams have now been fulfilled.

I guess there were other lingering questions?

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass
10. Re: Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass Sep 12, 2018, 04:11 MattyC

They gave this out, IIRC, a while back for console players. Nice to see it follow suit on the PC. Hopefully it helps some with the player base fragmentation that inevitably comes with so much split up DLC...  

News Comments > Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs?
18. Re: Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs? Sep 10, 2018, 16:45 MattyC

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 16:17:
Prez wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 15:40:
I'm one of those weird people who played and loved the first Halo on PC way back when. I even downloaded a cracked version of Halo 2 so I could play it on Windows ME because I was too poor to upgrade my OS such was my love for it at the time. I'm long since over it but I really loved those games.

I'm also long since over wondering if Microsoft will ever actually make good on their never-ending promises to recommit to PC gaming. As far as I'm concerned they are merely an OS maker.

They’re committed to PC gaming more than before. That’s not saying much, but every first party Xbox title comes out same day on PC.

If I had to guess, I would imagine they simply felt that if they were going to continue on with Xbox, it was the weak link and needed more so that is the direction they leaned.

News Comments > Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs?
13. Re: Halo 5 Guardians Coming to PCs? Sep 10, 2018, 14:58 MattyC

Rigs wrote on Sep 10, 2018, 13:49:
trying to take the spotlight off the Chief and make you feel for characters you didn't really know and didn't really give a damn for. No build up, just plop you in the shoes of Locke, someone you barely know, if at all and you're supposed to sympathize with him and his team that, besides ol' Buck (Nathan Fillion)

I rather liked Halo 5. Though probably not for the reasons your typical Halo fan would like a Halo game... I thought that the Warzone (think 2 player teams and 1 AI team all vs each other) modes were a nice touch. Nothing revolutionary mind you, but enough change to interest me. The co-op was well enough put together and that is always a huge selling point for me with console games.

As for the story bits, I liked them much less than the multiplayer, but I still liked them. I really couldn't care less what they did with Chief. That was never going to be a loss. He has no personality and no real traits besides his armor and some sort of creepy crush on Cortana. 'Capn' Mal' was more than welcome IMO.

News Comments > Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing
4. Re: Wildstar and Developer Carbine Closing Sep 7, 2018, 11:33 MattyC

I always felt like they blew their marketing budget early (and poorly) with this game. I seemed to hear all about it when it was in dev and testing. Then the release? I had forgotten all about it by then.

I tried it when it went F2P on Steam and it had some interesting ideas on PvE mechanics, in particular raiding. That said, a hardcore raiding game with a tiny player base is really not the best idea. It seemed to falter at everything else it tried with that small player base.

I still liked some of its art style and world. I also think the player 'housing' had a lot of depth and options for customization. Hopefully some of those ideas (or those behind them) find a new home soon.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2018, 09:20 MattyC

Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2018, 19:56:
Hey fellas, anyone have a good recommendation for some wireless over-the-ear cans?

For what type of usage? I was rather impressed by the Sennheiser HD 4.5 if noise is a concern. Usually I find over-the-ear alone to be enough sound isolation for me and don't bother with any real noise cancelling, but those were really neat.

I would also second the Astro recommendation, though I was always more impressed with their mix amps than their cans.

Nothing else really pops into my head at the moment, but as much as I love audio toys I am much more of a cord kind of guy.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Turns Eight Five
7. Re: CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios Sep 2, 2018, 09:44 MattyC

Desalus wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 20:39:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 14:59:
The kids want to play this with me after watching Dad of Light. I'm kind of reticent to get 3 copies for $60, then have to pay $13 per month per person on top of that.

Anything similar to this that's cheaper?

How similar does it need to be to FFXIV? Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online have an initial cost but don't have a sub fee and are quality MMORPGs. There's also Neverwinter, which I've never played, but it looks pretty good and is free to play. NCSOFT, Nexon, Webzen, Trion Worlds, and Perfect World all have some other fantasy free to play MMORPGs.

Guild Wars 2 I wouldn't even say has an initial cost anymore. You have largely unrestricted access to the base game for free from the start now. Though you are correct that if you are really into the game you will want to pay in for the expansion content, more character slots, etc soon

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2018, 11:22 MattyC

My continuing condolences. Dealing with dogos who decide to go after skunks is no fun. That smell on your watch should fade, I think. Mine was all metal, but it held the stink for a while. The only thing I had to toss was the dress shirt I was wearing when I carried him in. I think he got hit pretty much right in the face and couldn't see to follow me in the dark otherwise. Blech.

Now space pork... mmmmm

News Comments > U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40%
19. Re: U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40% Aug 30, 2018, 11:11 MattyC

Jivaro wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 11:04:
MattyC wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 07:44:
Sepharo wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 01:27:
I play Candy Crush every time I shit... for uh 6 years now.
Level ~1350 on Soda Saga
No money spent though.

Sounds like you need to take it to the next level and bring in some Puzzle Quest!

Also probably some fiber or something... just saying.

Marvel Puzzle Quest is my preference. I will admit to spending a tiny bit a couple of times over the last 4 years or whatever it's been. Maybe like 30-40 dollars total? Worth it I say...even though I admit to being a tad embarrassed to admit I spent money on the game.

I have tried a few PQ variants over the years, but I haven't ever heard of that one. I will have to give it a go.

I think in total I got the original PQ for $3 or so on iOS, $5 used for the DS and a few other versions (Java for phones in the dark ages etc) for nothing. I would gladly have paid that again. After all, others have gone to much greater lengths to pick it up

PQ2 goes on sale on Steam for $1ish pretty often and I do enjoy it, but I feel that the game is best on handhelds/phones.

News Comments > U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40%
14. Re: U.S. Video Game Spending Up 40% Aug 30, 2018, 07:44 MattyC

Sepharo wrote on Aug 30, 2018, 01:27:
I play Candy Crush every time I shit... for uh 6 years now.
Level ~1350 on Soda Saga
No money spent though.

Sounds like you need to take it to the next level and bring in some Puzzle Quest!

Also probably some fiber or something... just saying.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 30, 2018, 04:53 MattyC

Riot is considering slashing League of Legends’ esports budget.

For the sake of e-'sports' as a whole, I hope they don't. That said, I actually thought this would happen long before now. Riot never really seemed to draw in any outside players and they only ever had some very minor outside sponsors. Fighting games, StarCraft, etc had much smaller player bases, but ultimately they have viewers that aren't just players of that game. LoL on the other hand, only ever seemed to have LoL players for viewers and the game's own studio as a sponsor.

I think if they really do slash the budget it will be unfortunate (though hardly devastating) for everyone who follows gaming tournaments, so I hope it ends up being more of a slight reduction.

News Comments > Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW
21. Re: Battle for Azeroth Sales Wow WoW Aug 24, 2018, 02:08 MattyC

Medvanis wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 18:59:
Kung Fu Panda expansion

Pandaren predate those movies by ~5+ years. Just throwing that out there.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2018, 01:48 MattyC

I'm trying to temper my expectations

Yet another show/movie I am excited to see getting made, but am still wary of. At this point I think all of my expectations will have been met if they just manage to get Ian McShane to come out and mumble "<something something something>, no good cocksuckers" before he has shuffled off this mortal coil.

I don't even think I remember when that show started anymore.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 24, 2018, 01:23 MattyC

I would love to watch this if it ever comes out. However, this was originally for HBO... like 4-5 years ago. Apple picked it up at the start of this year, and I think somewhere in between Amazon or Netflix had it.

In other words, I am not exactly waiting with baited breath.

14. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 23, 2018, 03:45 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 23:17:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 22, 2018, 22:22:
What a sad story. I can only imagine how the hell I would have typed on Twitter if that was a thing when I was in my late teens to early 20s.

Still, stay off Twitter(and all social media for that matter) kids, the internet is forever.

My daughter had accounts on most of the SM platforms. Then about a year ago she closed them all and hasn't been on since. "They're fake and stupid." There's hope for the future.

1) That probably is smart.
2) I really wish people would stop overreacting to things people post online. Anonymity shouldn't turn in to freedom to be a total derp, but on a long enough timeline (where every event is recorded) every person has done at least something dumb.
3) After noting point 2, we should still be OK with social media. I worry for our culture otherwise. I mean that filter we all (hopefully) have in day-to-day personal interaction should still be able to function online...

News Comments > Valve Tunes in Steam.TV
6. Re: Valve Tunes in Steam.TV Aug 18, 2018, 05:03 MattyC

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 17, 2018, 21:48:
An hour later, looks like it's been taken offline.

Steam things (including the original Steam, if anyone else remembers) often launch in weirdly jolting on-off ways. I am not sure if this is intentional (to draw interest), their way of briefly looking for issues / points of failure, or just a thing that ends up happening with Valve stuff.

Anyway, it looks like Cnet has picked up the story as well.

News Comments > CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds
16. Re: CIG/Crytek Lawsuit Proceeds Aug 15, 2018, 23:39 MattyC

Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2018, 20:18:
Grab a cozy chair and blanket, toss some popcorn in the microwave, and buckle up

No idea where this is going, but yep.

1065 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo