Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed,
the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 1332 (Pro)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 17, 2020, 16:06 MattyC

They are already about to release a new expansion? Itís great that they are always adding content, but that means the life of each expansion is pretty short.  

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

3. Re: Peacock service Jan 16, 2020, 23:17 MattyC

DarkCntry wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 20:26:
afka Rossini wrote on Jan 16, 2020, 11:38:
I'm not sure how you can call Comcast late to the party as NBC was an early partner in Hulu.

Peacock is a streaming service, like CBS All Access, not just a partnership deal...that's why they state "late" as they are just about to launch it compared to the other networks.

I don't know. Partnering with Hulu because you see the promise, but not launching your own because you know your library consists of "we used to have Seinfeld" and reality reruns seems to check out.

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > Out of the Blue

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 16:30 MattyC

Yeah I saw I posted way too late glad you got everything sorted.  

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

39. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2020, 14:05 MattyC

10 is actually a pretty decent OS. It just has a lot of crap bundled with it. If you want to really dig all that stuff out let me know and I could point you in the right direction. For most people though, just do not use a Microsoft sign when you setup your user. You can have a local login. Say no to all telemetry options, don't use Edge.

After all that, it is relatively benign. That will still leave forced updates on. If you are pro you can just turn this off, enterprise you can disable it with rules, on Home etc you can still do it, but it requires reg-work.

As for your current predicament, IIRC you can just go here and download the Windows Media Creation Tool. You will get the option to select what you are going to install and you should also get an option for your current key. This will let you create a DVD or USB installer and get you up and running in 10.

If something goes wrong and you get the wrong version - fear not! One of the things they really improved in 10 is installs and upgrades. You can sit and use all of 10, it won't have a time limit or anything. Just some "Windows is not activated" text. You can figure out what is going on with your key/upgrade on your schedule. Once you do sort that out, there is an option under update to change your key / version. Pop the key in there and you only need to reboot (it will be a long reboot) and when you load back up you will be activated and on the correct version for that key.

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

108. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 15, 2020, 01:14 MattyC

Kxmode wrote on Jan 14, 2020, 21:17:
Simple financial logic. You don't spend the kind of money Epic is only to create a second or third-place game platform. If that's genuinely Epic's game plan, they are mental on all sorts of levels.

Yeah, what kind of losers would think it is neat to suddenly have the #2 spot in digital distribution of video games (an industry that has been growing at just under 20% a year for a while)?

I mean it isn't like Epic has a massive war chest, a widely used engine, and a 1.8 billion / yr cash cow that they could use to experiment with. If they had ALL that, then well, maybe... I guess.

/silly

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year

80. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 18:45 MattyC

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn  

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

25. Re: Epic Games Store Sales Top $680M; Free Games to Continue All Year Jan 14, 2020, 12:43 MattyC

Half a billion is laughable for the effort they put forth

Rounding a bit is fine (plus not everything is accounted for here anyway), but I think you just rounded down (the wrong way in this case) 180 million...

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > GameAssistant Plans

4. Re: GameAssistant Plans Jan 11, 2020, 16:03 MattyC

Sounds interesting, Iím curious to how well it will work with things like FoV.  

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

29. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 10, 2020, 10:03 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 05:46:
NKD wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 05:03:
I'm starting to wonder if armed military drones shouldn't be banned. Not that the US actually cares about international law. It really lowers the risk factor on killing people and lowers the bar for when assassinations are used. I feel like if it's not important enough to risk pilots and planes, or a special forces team on the ground, it's not important enough to kill someone.

Thing is, you'll never get the Chinese to agree to that, so you'll be hamstringing yourself.

Well, ultimately the majority of nations are going to get drone strike capabilities, doesn't matter if we want that or not. Right now we have some small ability to set precedent, and this is the kind of thing we are doing.

If we waste the opportunity, which we already in many ways have, I doubt that other countries are going to think twice about doing exactly what we have done with drones. Why would they? It would be the expected international standard.

EDIT: would BE, I am disgusted with myself

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2020, 12:48.

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

23. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 10, 2020, 03:07 MattyC

Sepharo wrote on Jan 10, 2020, 02:37:
Bodolza wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 19:41:
Drath71 wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 19:14:
If Obama had done it, the media and libs would be gushing over his bravery and how many lives he saved, and had every right.

Then you've got a short memory. Obama ordered plenty of drone strikes, and they were very controversial at the time from both sides. Of course, the same Repubs that attacked Obama's strikes are supporting Trump, but that's no surprise to anyone at this point. We all know they have no actual moral standards.

None of those drone strikes targeted the general of a recognized nation, let alone one so high up in the leadership.

^ Winner. I didn't support any strikes, but this is the first one that was basically an act of war against a sovereign nation. That is the difference and it is a pretty big one.

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > Into the Black

8. Re: Into the Black Jan 10, 2020, 02:31 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 23:19:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 20:52:
"Turns out Wash was fine all along!"

It was just a scratch? A bandage and he was good to go?

Wizard did it.

Seriously, I would like to see what they could do with the FF universe. Leave the crew out of it, that was a decent stopping point. I imagine Alan Tudyk is busy doing Doom Patrol anyway (which I ended up enjoying).

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > etc.

13. Re: Gaming Attitudes 50+ Jan 8, 2020, 03:36 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 22:08:
MattyC wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 18:49:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 17:29:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 17:13:
Bodolza wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 13:08:
If you're 50 now, then you were 7 years old when the Atari 2600 came out, which means you've been around home video games most of your life. It shouldn't be any surprise that there are older gamers.

VR developers, in particular, don't seem to account for the limited mobility of older gamers.

That's why the Wii U Bowling was a huge hit with seniors.

Also Wii Cribbage.

I will have you know that there is no Wii Cribbage, because if there was I would have preordered that so fast...
How about this?

I guess I am of the old school (older school, oldest?), but cribbage is best with 3 players. That said, your link still has potential!

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > etc.

10. Re: Gaming Attitudes 50+ Jan 7, 2020, 18:49 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 17:29:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 17:13:
Bodolza wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 13:08:
If you're 50 now, then you were 7 years old when the Atari 2600 came out, which means you've been around home video games most of your life. It shouldn't be any surprise that there are older gamers.

VR developers, in particular, don't seem to account for the limited mobility of older gamers.

That's why the Wii U Bowling was a huge hit with seniors.
Also Wii Cribbage.

I will have you know that there is no Wii Cribbage, because if there was I would have preordered that so fast...

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2020, 07:11 MattyC

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jan 6, 2020, 21:58:
I get the FCC wanting to push for higher upload speeds, but really, both sides miss the point (according to the article), we should have minimum speeds that the ISPs have to meet based on tiers.

It has been several years, so I hope this must have changed, but I remember AT&T being one of the few fighting for 256 Kpbs upstream being considered 'high speed', so I wouldn't lend them much credence as far as "speed" goes.

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation

27. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 7, 2020, 00:04 MattyC

Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2020, 07:49:
This is called marketing, they want people to buy their console so of course they are making grandiose claims about it. Does anyone else remember the Xbox One POWAR OF THE CLOUD nonsense? Where cloud servers would magically render assets and shoot it back to the client in real time?

There is no need to go after the current version. This isn't new. Remember the SUPER COMPUTER PS3 CELL. No PC could ever replicate it is SUPER COMPUTER SUPER MAGIC POWER!

I usually like pcgamesn, but this... this is not the best writing.

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 6, 2020, 23:54 MattyC

Darks wrote on Jan 6, 2020, 10:07:
All I know is that one Cheating POS team wont be there and I can finally enjoy watching a Super Bowl this year.

Remember the Titans...

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > Morning Patches

2. Re: Morning Patches Jan 6, 2020, 14:17 MattyC

I donít know that this is much of a spoiler anymore, but just in case I recently got around to playing Mafia III and found Vitoís little cameo there amusing. I guess I should have expected something like that after 1 & 2s tie in, but still...

I really enjoyed Mafia II so I might also have to give this a go.

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits

2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 6, 2020, 03:14 MattyC

I am not familiar with the Das models, but from my (relatively limited) time messing around with Logitech KBs with lighting and display options, I would imagine they could easily replace this service with some Python script and a few web hooks.

Unless I am missing something here?

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > Wanking Simulator Demo

17. Re: Wanking Simulator Demo Jan 5, 2020, 11:40 MattyC

While I have no doubt that this game is terrible (Mr. Gay from Gay Bay... Wow, who knew this neurosurgeon could also write?!?), some of you might be taking it a bit too seriously.

It all goes back to something my grandmother told me when I was a kid. "Holden", she said, "the big bucks are in dick and fart jokes".

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

News Comments > Wanking Simulator Demo

8. Re: Wanking Simulator Demo Jan 4, 2020, 23:39 MattyC

Well, someone already made an autoerotic car wanking game and it wasnít half bad, so I guess why not this? Whatever  

ENDUT! HOCH HECH!

1332 Comments. 67 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >