Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 868 (Graduate)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 18, 2017, 11:20 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 10:48:
And it's still just as painful as it was before google docs.

What do you find so painful about it?

I mean I wouldn't say it is a desktop or laptop replacement, but you can do plenty of work on one easily with a case stand and a Bluetooth keyboard (word processing, email, spreadsheets etc).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Released
13. Re: StarCraft Remastered Released Aug 15, 2017, 09:44 MattyC

Jonjonz wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 07:36:
As usual StarCraft like all Blizzardware, always had the best CGI teasers and cutscenes, but I found the actual gameplay boring and bland compared to Command and Conquer or Total Annihilation. C+C at least had some character and humor, and TA was way more advanced with things like patrol and assist. I still played it and did enjoy it, just not as much as C+C or TA.

I think StarCraft appeals most to the multiplayer computer sport crowd as it's simplicity lends itself to spectating whereas more advanced and complex modern RTS are to complicated for the average person to watch and understand what is going on.

The CGI wasn't updated. Everything else was, but not the CGI. As for simplicity, I don't think you have ever really played StarCraft...

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Released
10. Re: StarCraft Remastered Released Aug 15, 2017, 05:03 MattyC

MacLeod wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 20:15:
wait... I'm confused... I need Starcraft to buy Starcraft Remastered? (according to the page)

As others have mentioned, this is free.

I encourage you to watch some HD streams of this. I wasn't wow'd by the screenshots Blizzard posted, but when I watched the launch event tournament? I was sold. It really looks much better in motion.

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
2. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 09:52 MattyC

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 09:42:
I was watching (rather started watching but turned it off after 10 or so minutes) some let's plays last night from Giant Bomb and it was enough to make my decision not to get this game.

The gameplay just seemed kind of boring. There are some gimmicks like shooting backwards to propel you in zero gravity area and what not, but I didn't see anything that made me want to buy/play this game.

I didn't watch that Let's Play, but I thought it looked rather solid from what I have seen. Not GotY or anything, but better than just decent. I would consider picking it up, but I have too much of a game backlog right now.

News Comments > Ys SEVEN This Month
1. Re: Ys SEVEN This Month Aug 10, 2017, 03:14 MattyC

presuming they don't get a DMCA notice from George Costanza

I watched a good bit of Seinfeld 'back in the day', but this reference eludes me... Google also appears confused. Any help?

News Comments > Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released
8. Re: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released Jun 28, 2017, 02:30 MattyC

El Pit wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 01:11:
No new areas? Just a new class? So I guess it is only $5, right? *looks at price* GTFOH!

There are 2 new areas and other features, they are just part of this patch and don't requre the addon. I was hoping for something in the $9.99ish range though.

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Free Trial
9. Re: Gears of War 4 Free Trial Jun 12, 2017, 16:12 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 09:56:
The days of triple a games fitting on a cd-rom are long gone.

I think that happened ~2007...

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Free Trial
6. Re: Gears of War 4 Free Trial Jun 10, 2017, 18:46 MattyC

While I prefer shooters with a mouse and keyboard, the only reason I was into the old GoW games was the split screen co-op for the campaign with friends and horde. Also this mentions "cards" *shudder*. I think I will pass on this one.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 9, 2017, 21:33 MattyC

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 21:17:
I don't get what curved screens are good for.

I don't like them enough to buy one, but after having used a friend's I think they are a pretty nice format for a desktop monitor. I don't want to say it increases immersion (I don't think that is the right word), but it is an effect along those lines.

Now for a TV? Yeah... I don't understand the format there at all. It is watched by multiple people and really only the dead center seat takes advantage of the curve.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 for Free
8. Re: PAYDAY 2 for Free Jun 9, 2017, 03:26 MattyC

Numinar wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 01:58:
Don't pass this up because of the roar of haters.

I agree with this. I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but to me it seems almost like a *gasp* proper demo! If I like it, I will pick up the DLC and they make money. If I don't, I respect the offer and go along my way. Hating on a free game because it doesn't include everything is... odd.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 4, 2017, 14:33 MattyC

JZ Temple wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 14:16:
who wants to wait to read their Blues News updates?

Indeed. Besides, you never know when Irvine might post some selfies...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 2, 2017, 01:14 MattyC

I actually rather liked Marco Polo, so I'm sad to hear that it is one of the shows being cut. I imagine it was rather expensive to make though.  

News Comments > Old Steam Forums Closing
9. Re: Old Steam Forums Closing May 31, 2017, 03:10 MattyC

Alamar wrote on May 30, 2017, 20:43:
Deleting them? What a lack of forethought...

If they restored them, they clearly were not deleted. They either had a backup or they only removed access.

I would agree it was the wrong move, but "deleting" is also the wrong way to describe it.

News Comments > On Destiny 2 Networking
18. Re: On Destiny 2 Networking May 28, 2017, 04:35 MattyC

ViRGE wrote on May 27, 2017, 23:18:
HoSpanky wrote on May 27, 2017, 22:57:
Suppa7 wrote on May 27, 2017, 15:18:
Creston wrote on May 27, 2017, 14:15:
What's the tradeoff for client-server, exactly? That it works great and everyone has a smooth match?

Oh wait, cost-benefit analysis. So you ARE trying to save money.

The whole thing is bullshit PR, anyone who knows how computers work know there is no reason not to give players control of servers. Quake and unreal had dedicated servers BUILT into the fucking game. But once game companies realized the average gamer is a fucking moron we got this shit of company controlled servers because the average gamer is grade A fucking tech illiterate.

Quake and Unreal had NO persistent data. Any game with persistent characters CAN'T let people run their own servers. The very first thing that would happen is there'd be "get all legendary gear in 3 seconds!" servers.
Eh, I don't know. You could very easily edit your inventory in Borderlands 2. In a purely PvE game, the only person you can cheat is yourself. With Destiny 2 however, the extra wrinkle is that it has PvP as well...

Eh, to a degree, but saying that isn't 100% accurate. PvP was balanced differently. I never bothered to get great gear in Destiny and I was still able to do extremely well in PvP. Gear was rather neutered (though not completely, obviously). The most important factor I observed there, was rate of fire and kickback - largely user pref. Beyond that? It was mostly just aim, strategy, and communication. Unless I was just one of the greatest Destiny players of all time and didn't know it...

News Comments > Free Witcher 2 for GWENT Testers
5. Re: Free Witcher 2 for GWENT Testers May 25, 2017, 14:48 MattyC

Retired wrote on May 25, 2017, 10:51:
I am pretty sure it was FREE from GOG or a buck or something elsewhere.....

I don't think it was ever free, I follow GoG freebies as best I can. I could be wrong.

I think it was up there with the first Witcher for around a dollar a while back.

EDIT: spelling

This comment was edited on May 25, 2017, 15:10.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole in October
3. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole in October May 19, 2017, 02:23 MattyC

ViRGE wrote on May 18, 2017, 18:12:
But what am I supposed to do with the towel?

Survive!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 10, 2017, 10:48 MattyC

Hmmm... I want to like ViewSonic again. I really liked a lot of their very large (and insanely heavy) late 90s - early 2000s CRTs, but I have just never really cared for any of their LCDs or really any later products. I will wait for reviews I guess...  

News Comments > Into the Black
28. Re: Re: Into the Black Apr 27, 2017, 12:03 MattyC

@Agent-Zero (to end an entirely too long chain)

If you could travel easily between planets, why would you choose the only one that is over 71% water if it killed you? That was my point. Semantics in debating a subjectively bad movie's flaws are pretty pointless...

That was all I was saying.

24. Re: Re: Into the Black Apr 27, 2017, 11:51 MattyC

Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 11:45:
MattyC wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 10:27:
Agent-Zero wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 07:45:
MattyC wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 05:12:
one of the insanely few places in the galaxy that are mostly comprised of it

according to your personal map of all planetary composition across the entire galaxy?

Feel free to contact NASA if you have more info, but yes. I think it is, based on current information, very rare.

Unless I missed a /s there.

looks like you need to update your "current information" then..

https://www.nasa.gov/jpl/the-solar-system-and-beyond-is-awash-in-water

I don't mean to be argumentative, but those are not planets that rain. If you die from a glass of a child's water you don't want to inhabit a planet that has rain. Never mind monsoons etc. This is getting too detailed, because it was just a movie, but that part just really never held up to logic for me - even in a movie sense.

21. Re: Quake Champions Trailer and Interview Apr 27, 2017, 11:45 MattyC

descender wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 11:24:
I think it is, based on current information, very rare.

Hydrogen and Oxygen are two of the most abundant elements in the universe. Hydrogen is expected to be something like 3/4 of all observable matter in the universe, and Oxygen is third on the list behind Helium.

Water (H2O) is widely considered the most abundant molecule in the universe (outside of H2 and O2) because it is comprised of the most common elements possible. Helium is inert and forms no molecules.

"Liquid water" is likely a fairly rare occurrence because it relies on a specific set of temperatures and pressures to exist, but H2O is everywhere.

True, but I think that is diving into semantics. If they wanted to avoid water it would be very easy.

868 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo