Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 1117 (Pro)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled?
3. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 15, 2019, 21:34 MattyC

Yes, but how many Bothans died to bring us this information?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 15, 2019, 21:11 MattyC

It is English, it is just dumb. It would be like saying malicious servers can run check disk (not actually, they can be mildly malicious) on your files (if your permissions / policies are all rubbish) if you willingly connect and auth with them.

It short, business as usual at The Register.

News Comments > Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Tomorrow; Trailer and Patch Notes Today
6. Re: Battlefield V Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Tomorrow; Trailer and Patch Notes Today Jan 14, 2019, 23:23 MattyC

Some SMG love (both bug fix and buff types) was much needed, so that is nice.

However, I see no mention of them fixing quit. The fact that it is far quicker for me to kill the task and relaunch the game than it is to get back to the main menu with the given quit option from the freaking post match screen (of all things) is just mind boggling.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 14, 2019, 23:17 MattyC

10,000 Elite Dangerous Players Start An 18-Week Journey Across The Galaxy.

Space. It seems to go on and on forever... Then you get to the end, and a monkey starts throwing barrels at you.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jan 12, 2019, 13:16 MattyC

“The only thing that really worried me was the Fortnight. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a child in the depths of a battle royale (with cheese) binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon. Probably at the next Wi-Fi hotspot...”

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 12, 2019, 12:02 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 12, 2019, 00:42:
MeanJim wrote on Jan 11, 2019, 21:56:
I thought Trump was going to make Mexico pay for the wall?
He only said that 20 times. http://fortune.com/2018/12/13/trump-mexico-border-wall/
For it to be true he would have had to say it 25000 times.
May he live in interesting times. Wink

His fingers were crossed. Everyone knows it doesn't count if your fingers are crossed. Or toes!

News Comments > Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy
9. Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy Jan 12, 2019, 06:35 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Jan 12, 2019, 03:28:
J wrote on Jan 11, 2019, 23:04:
So the choice is between Steam, or a Steam clone with less games and worse customer support that's still wet behind the ears? Tough choice.
Yes, but 12%. 12 percent. Twelve. Percent. Those numbers are magical, my Friend.

I don't imagine they are trying to be Steam. They are probably trying to get more people using UE. Hence "...if you’re using Unreal Engine, Epic will cover the 5% engine royalty for sales on the Epic Games store, out of Epic’s 12%." Which is suddenly a much bigger deal.

That and they probably needed some form of storefront, I mean they already have assets like Unity does, why not also include games there?

a Steam clone with less games and worse customer support that's still wet behind the ears?

Enough people have said that Origin's CS has massively improved for me to believe them. I also only used them once. However, as someone who did have to deal with Origin CS at the start, you just described them to a T.

News Comments > Get Blast Zone! Tournament for Free
1. Re: Get Blast Zone! Tournament for Free Jan 11, 2019, 09:46 MattyC

Bomberman and multiplayer I am onboard with. Same with Ratchet & Clank, RF, and Descent people (though I don't know of a single person who cared for or about Resistance)... it seems to check more than enough boxes to give it a go. Not as wild about the reviews or the esports angle Worried though.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 7, 2019, 13:10 MattyC

I am interested in hearing more about temps on those Walmart laptops. I mean that more in the don’t melt my lap sense than good for the GPU/CPU...

I know it is a “gaming laptop”, but the second word there should still matter.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 7, 2019, 12:54 MattyC

mch wrote on Jan 7, 2019, 12:27:
Apple's Woes Dominate CES Tech Trade Show.

No. They don't. I'm here, and no one gives a shit.

Well, they posted almost $63 billion in revenue last quarter didn’t they? Up from last year? I want some of those sweet sweet woes... I imagine it was more like Bloomberg click woes dominates staff meeting.

News Comments > LEGO: Lord of the Rings and LEGO: The Hobbit Pulled
10. Re: LEGO: Lord of the Rings and LEGO: The Hobbit Pulled Jan 3, 2019, 04:59 MattyC

Kxmode wrote on Jan 3, 2019, 01:00:
El Pit wrote on Jan 2, 2019, 15:54:
Prez wrote on Jan 2, 2019, 14:55:
So tired of this licensing crap. Happens more and more as time goes on.

At least in stays in your library if you have bought the game. Try the Apple movies store - buy (!) a movie and it is GONE (!) as soon as Apple loses the license. If Steam would do this... The rage would be incredible!

Apple isn't deleting movies from customer's iTunes accounts for any reason. What's happening is regional locked content is removed by the content provider or, rather, the iTunes platform is doing what the content provider ask the system to do. In other words, as the linked article points out: "Anders moved to Canada from Australia roughly nine months ago, and he bought the films in question in Australia before he moved. Some of his Australian content still works perfectly, but three films — Cars, Cars 2, and The Grand Budapest Hotel — aren’t in his library. It’s not a question of the films not being for sale, either — all three are still offered in the Canadian and Australian versions of the iTunes Store."

And we have a winner!

People should be mad about this. It is a gross perversion of what intellectual property rights were intended to be and it needs to stop. However, if you rage against the wrong people you are not going to accomplish anything. The content owners will simply move on and demand the same things from the next digital storefront or service. Apple doesn't care about movie region locks, they make their money on 'luxury' hardware. Cui prodest??

News Comments > New Year's Tech Bits
6. Re: New Year's Tech Bits Jan 2, 2019, 03:17 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 1, 2019, 14:07:
The Tandy was dandy. I played on it and the older TRS-80.

The name was always a bit tongue in cheek, the machine wasn't all that bad. That said, even though the 80 is a good bit older than I am, I still remember it... and people calling that the Trash 80.

News Comments > Get SOMA Free on GOG.com
23. Re: Can't click on Claim! Dec 30, 2018, 16:56 MattyC

Ant wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 19:24:
MattyC wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 18:06:
Ant wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 16:53:
El Pit wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 16:30:
Ant wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 14:36:
https://www.gog.com/game/soma's claim button doesn't work in my three web browsers (SM v2.49.4, IE11, & Firefox v64) in my decade old, updated 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC.

Worked for me (Firefox 64.0 - 64 bit with uBlock Origin and NoScript) although I used the button on the homepage (gog.com).
Yeah, home page's button worked. https://www.gog.com/game/soma did not.

Both work fine for me. Firefox 64.0, Win 10 Ent 64, NoScript. EDIT: Also Pi-Hole, but between my whitelists and it being GoG that really shouldn't matter anyway.
Interesting. I am using uBlock Origin. It says about 12-14 blockages.

If I had to guess, that would be a combination of things blocked at a network level by FTL and Pi-Hole. Though I also let some sites like GoG and Blues get away with things via white lists that no script would normally block.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 30, 2018, 16:27 MattyC

I think devices like this are neat both for their stated purpose and as a potential leaning tool if people modify etc.

To that end it might be more fun to DIY and you can buy cases online, but if people want a kit that’s neat too.

News Comments > etc.
26. Re: etc. Dec 30, 2018, 16:21 MattyC

Armengar wrote on Dec 30, 2018, 04:36:
Wine in boxes are only sold to the brits going back on a ferry. No local would drink that shite.

You either just hopped out of a time machine from the early 2000s, live in some archaic backwood that time forgot, or don’t know what you are talking about sir!

Good wines have been sold in boxes and even *gasp* glass bottles with screw tops for many years now. Otherwise yeah it’s either going to be in an environment where shatter proof is desired or garbage.

News Comments > etc.
23. Re: etc. Dec 30, 2018, 02:58 MattyC

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 30, 2018, 00:33:
MattyC wrote on Dec 29, 2018, 23:35:
I am sure you have seen alcohol in plastic. Boxed wine, mouthwash, first aid kit bottles, cheap stuff like malt liquor, little mini bottles, “shatter proof” containers, etc

You don't drink mouthwash, I hope!

Well no, but I mean they still store it in plastic and you put it in your mouth :p

Really the only one of those things I would drink is the boxed wine. There is some pretty solid boxed wine and has been for years. It isn't always trash anymore. The rest of that is either trash, not for human consumption, or both.

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: etc. Dec 29, 2018, 23:35 MattyC

I am sure you have seen alcohol in plastic. Boxed wine, mouthwash, first aid kit bottles, cheap stuff like malt liquor, little mini bottles, “shatter proof” containers, etc  

News Comments > Get SOMA Free on GOG.com
20. Re: Can't click on Claim! Dec 28, 2018, 18:06 MattyC

Ant wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 16:53:
El Pit wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 16:30:
Ant wrote on Dec 28, 2018, 14:36:
https://www.gog.com/game/soma's claim button doesn't work in my three web browsers (SM v2.49.4, IE11, & Firefox v64) in my decade old, updated 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC.

Worked for me (Firefox 64.0 - 64 bit with uBlock Origin and NoScript) although I used the button on the homepage (gog.com).
Yeah, home page's button worked. https://www.gog.com/game/soma did not.

Both work fine for me. Firefox 64.0, Win 10 Ent 64, NoScript. EDIT: Also Pi-Hole, but between my whitelists and it being GoG that really shouldn't matter anyway.

News Comments > Artifact Embracing Balance Changes
5. Re: Artifact Embracing Balance Changes Dec 21, 2018, 19:16 MattyC

I realize they have no incentive to, what with their headquarters now most likely being built entirely out of money, but if Valve wants to just experiment I wish they would do so in some new or lesser utilized genre.

It doesn't look bad or anything, I just cannot currently manage to summon up any interest for yet another CCG.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 21, 2018, 19:08 MattyC

So... who is going to CES this year?  

1117 Comments. 56 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo