Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed,
the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007
Supporter -
Total Comments 1406 (Pro)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Steam Key for Fallout 76 Owners

4. Re: Free Steam Key for Fallout 76 Owners Apr 2, 2020, 12:38 MattyC

I thought we were still hating this game?  

I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2020, 12:48 MattyC

I attended a funeral last week (not virus related, though that doesn't make anything better) and it was very odd. It was held in the cemetery with everyone spread out (mostly in couples) across the field. Service was held over a PA. Other than pallbearers and the aforementioned couples no one was ever near another person.

It was all surreal, but if it helps to know, they are still going on Cutter.

I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?

News Comments > 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned

8. Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Mar 31, 2020, 23:34 MattyC

Orogogus wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 22:05:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 21:29:
MattyC wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 20:09:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 19:08:
What I don't understand is why we haven't figured this out yet.

Did I miss something? Confused

As far as any CoD bans go, they release titles yearly and have done so for a long time. I would imagine that basically makes their bans meaningless for the type of people who hack. They were just going to move on to the new game soon enough anyway.

I mean, it's 2020. We've had cheats in online games for over two decades. How have we not figured out how to stop this yet?

It's a two-way game. Whatever cheat protection is out there, I'm sure there are people on the other side asking, how have we not beaten this yet?
Plenty of people take it for granted that any DRM will be broken sooner or later. This seems like the same thing.

Pretty much. It is like hacking, every time an exploit is closed another two are found. If we had just been running the exact same unchanged game, OS, video drivers, etc for 20 years, then yeah we would be doing a really bad job.

News Comments > 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned

2. Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Mar 31, 2020, 20:09 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2020, 19:08:
What I don't understand is why we haven't figured this out yet.

Did I miss something? Confused

As far as any CoD bans go, they release titles yearly and have done so for a long time. I would imagine that basically makes their bans meaningless for the type of people who hack. They were just going to move on to the new game soon enough anyway.

News Comments > Resident Evil 3 Remake Reviews

3. Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake Reviews Mar 31, 2020, 03:49 MattyC

Razumen wrote on Mar 30, 2020, 20:36:
Seems to be rather short and feel recycled from RE2 at parts. Considering I was very unimpressed with RE2Make's second "campaign", I think I'll wait for this to hit bargain bins.

If you were a RE fan, I don't think this really looks so bad. Personally, the only RE game I loved enough to get a remake of was 4. However, if I had felt that way about 3, I'd give this a look.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2020, 19:36 MattyC

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 30, 2020, 17:57:
Don't know how you can watch that Tiger King. GF is hooked on it and not sure what she sees in that mess. I felt like I had to turn off most of my brain to watch it. Of all the good streaming media out there why is Tiger King such a hit? I did like Ozark though.

I can’t watch it but I think that is because I was familiar with the story. It had just the right amount of crazy Florida man to be interesting to follow. I think Slashdot (of all places) had a story on some part of it years ago. I thought it was amusing that everyone is picking up on it now, but I think the move from text to audio / video form also makes it much more sad than funny to me.

News Comments > Get World War Z, Tormentor x Punisher, and Figment for Free

14. Re: Got World War Z, Tormentor x Punisher, and Figment for Free Mar 27, 2020, 12:36 MattyC

Slick wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 21:57:
Seems like a decent spiritual successor to Left4Dead.

Can't wait to see what this genre looks like for the next generation when instead of 100 zombies on-screen at a time they can do 10,000.

Fun always trumps realism, but at the same time I think I would really want to know just where are all these zombie people coming from? I mean sure, you can suspend realism, and sometimes you do find yourself in a city, but most zombie games take place in ruraltown, USA population 4-5k, tops.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 25, 2020, 05:52 MattyC

Dyson ventilators... so they will be incredibly expensive and spray germs everywhere?  

News Comments > D&D Online & LotR Online Content Free Through Next Month

7. Re: D&D Online & LotR Online Content Free Through Next Month Mar 23, 2020, 16:37 MattyC

Armengar wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 15:53:
Lotr. I found dndo to be too grindy. Nwno was less grindy.

As noted I haven’t really tried LotR yet (though I will later today), but I will agree with DnDO being too grindy. At least for my tastes, it was a bit much.

News Comments > D&D Online & LotR Online Content Free Through Next Month

1. Re: D&D Online & LotR Online Content Free Through Next Month Mar 22, 2020, 15:52 MattyC

How is LotR nowadays? I found it somewhat interesting but never got around to giving it a try.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 21, 2020, 22:18 MattyC

I am not sure what all they can really do with Red Dwarf at this point but I will certainly be up for checking it out whenever we get it in the US!  

News Comments > American Motorcycle Simulator Announced

5. Re: American Motorcycle Simulator Announced Mar 21, 2020, 11:25 MattyC

Bumpy wrote on Mar 21, 2020, 08:12:
Interesting concept but without 'a job' like Euro Truck Driver I don't see it being much fun

But it has 50 gas stations!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 20, 2020, 18:59 MattyC

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 20, 2020, 15:14:
Toilet paper makes no sense either..

I mean they aren't going to shut off the water or electricity..

You can jump in the shower if you run out. Or use a sock and throw it in the washer.

Yeah it is a relatively modern invention, showing up in the 1880s in the US. It wasn’t even that common until later on.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 20, 2020, 01:02 MattyC

phinn wrote on Mar 19, 2020, 11:29:
MattyC wrote on Mar 18, 2020, 21:18:
Well it says almost all... of the top 100. Which is a nice way of saying “not very many and based on our last two consoles you should just assume that number will only ever go down.”

You might want to try actually reading or listening to Mark Cerny's awesome tech talk. The games are running natively in the actual CPU/GPU hardware, just like running the same games when you build a new PC. There is no compatibility to remove or 'go down' like when they removed the PS2 processor (EE) from early PS3s to bring price down. Software will be used to expand support so the number will only go up.

If that was true, which I will assume it isn’t because it’s on Sony to show otherwise at this point, then they would be boasting a lot more than a vague “some out of a specific 100”. Sony has never been known for underselling it’s systems. If they are playing it that safe, they have good reason.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 18, 2020, 21:18 MattyC

Well it says almost all... of the top 100. Which is a nice way of saying “not very many and based on our last two consoles you should just assume that number will only ever go down.”  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's Plans Detailed

13. Re: CD Projekt RED's Plans Detailed Mar 13, 2020, 14:23 MattyC

Dash wrote on Mar 13, 2020, 05:16:
wtf_man wrote on Mar 12, 2020, 12:28:
Redo Witcher 1 and 2 to be exactly like 3 and sell it as "The Witcher Trilogy Redux"!

So redo the first two janky games into a superior engine, and polish it further?

Sign me up.

I would buy it. Then again, I would also buy it if they just 'unjanked' the controls and camera for 1 and 2.

News Comments > Snake Core Announced

1. Re: Snake Core Announced Mar 13, 2020, 11:07 MattyC

A new take on snake / nibbler / nibbles?

Command your army of different soldier units as they attack aliens, take out bombs, retrieve soldiers, defend key locations, and hunt down big Snake like creatures.

So, no...

In unrelated news, I will be releasing my own blockbuster in the coming months. Manpac! It is a revolutionary gaming tour de force that fuses classic Pacmac gameplay with new and incompatible nonsense like:
- Ghost Battle Royal
- Deck building for reasons undetermined
- Cthulhu dating simulator
Look for it in your favorite App Store soon!!!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2020, 02:42 MattyC

Stupid America with its regular water faucets instead of cool free wine faucets...

News Comments > Free Expansion for Crusader Kings II

7. Re: Free Expansion for Crusader Kings II Mar 8, 2020, 22:46 MattyC

JAGUART wrote on Mar 8, 2020, 21:35:
Rigs wrote on Mar 8, 2020, 20:06:
I've tried so many times to get into this game
=-Rigs-=

It can't seem to trigger that "addictive" quality with other games I play, and I'd love to love this too.

Could you ever get into Europa games? If so, try to take this like you did the first Europa title you played. If you never cared for that series, you won't get into this. It is basically a more complex and slightly slower moving Europa.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal System Requirements

30. Re: DOOM Eternal System Requirements Mar 7, 2020, 13:11 MattyC

IgWannA wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 09:19:
MattyC wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 08:01:
IgWannA wrote on Mar 7, 2020, 06:21:
"i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better" is pretty damn vague, since the old i5 2500k 3.3 GHz is much slower than a newer i5 8400 running at 2.8 GHz

My processor is from 2010! Seriously, i7 930.

Anyway, mine ran it just fine on much higher than low quality, so surely the old i5s can handle minimum. If that was for recommended, then yeah it would be pretty unclear.

Yeah I'm sure a 2500k i5 would run it fine and that's probably what they meant. But damn, feels like I only just got a GTX 1060 and now it's only "minimum" spec for a game with a fairly optimised engine :/

I have a 2060 RTX now, but like I said, I played it with my old i7 and a 1060, so you should be fine. I don't remember what all my settings were, but while it wasn't maxed out it also wasn't anywhere near low on anything.

1406 Comments. 71 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >