Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 877 (Graduate)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
10. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 17:04 MattyC

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:23:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:52:
While I get peoples gripes about Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 and Witcher 3..

These are still some of the best story RPGs I've ever seen. I mean Witcher 3 DLC's alone are worthy of 80$ each as they are fantastic.

I still loved #1 story.. Alvin you little bastard!

The story in Witcher 1 was excellent.

I agree with you on the story, but otherwise it could really use a mechanics update. That camera is freaking evil and while the AI can be amusing it ... doesn't exactly do what it is suppose to.

Either way congrats to CDPR for a great series!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > STAR WARS Battlefront II (2005) Multiplayer Restored
9. Re: STAR WARS Battlefront II (2005) Multiplayer Restored Oct 3, 2017, 05:40 MattyC

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out "squee!", and reached for their wallets. I feel something awesome has happened."  

News Comments > STRAFE Millennium Edition
3. Re: STRAFE Millennium Edition Oct 3, 2017, 05:31 MattyC

I thought this was going to be somehow related to the 90s Strife.

I rather liked that game. Stupid pre-coffee reading...

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend Underway
16. Re: My 2002 PB G4 Sep 25, 2017, 04:39 MattyC

Ant wrote on Sep 24, 2017, 12:33:
MattyC wrote on Sep 24, 2017, 06:29:
Ant wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 19:17:
I still use ancient hardwares as shown in my http://zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/MyComputerStuff.txt (primary 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 box).

How is that Powerbook holding up? I still have an ancient dual processor G4 1GHz Quicksilver Power Mac that I got for ~$20 when my university was upgrading their labs. It moves quite well for its age. Uses a ton of power, but it can run Classic and I was always a fan of that case design, so I keep it just because.
It still works as of early 2017, but I rarely use it since it's SO old. I tried to install Linux on it, but it is slow and crashes a lot. Also, its internal wireless only does WEP. I am trying to find a good use for it.

I have heard Mint plays fairly nice with them, but I just stick with OS X. The wireless thing is a complete pain, even if it is understandable given their age.

I mostly just use mine to play old games like SimCity 2000 (the best version!), Marathon, and the like. I also do some programming on it when I don't want to be distracted by bagillion things I could do instead on my desktop.

I personally don't do anything with it, but mine came with a copy of Pro Tools and I have friends who sometimes want to use it for that (though I couldn't say why).

11. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Underway Sep 24, 2017, 06:29 MattyC

Ant wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 19:17:
I still use ancient hardwares as shown in my http://zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/MyComputerStuff.txt (primary 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 box).

How is that Powerbook holding up? I still have an ancient dual processor G4 1GHz Quicksilver Power Mac that I got for ~$20 when my university was upgrading their labs. It moves quite well for its age. Uses a ton of power, but it can run Classic and I was always a fan of that case design, so I keep it just because.

9. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Underway Sep 24, 2017, 03:06 MattyC

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 21:04:
Battlenet client did have some terrible problems maybe 6 mo- 1 year ago with hardware acceleration on their stupid flash shit they force on each games tab.

Its come a long way though, I don't see the performance hit anymore and its way more stable. I still don't let it sit in the background unless I'm using it, but I stopped having issues.

The only one I really remember is needing to turn off "Use browser hardware acceleration" under advanced settings. Otherwise it has been far less painful than even Steam was when it rolled out. I am still not sure it was needed, but I haven't seen any other performance issues.

News Comments > EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced
7. Re: EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced Sep 22, 2017, 12:35 MattyC

LittleMe wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 18:17:
Very tempted to try to play it. Will it still play on my Voodoo3 & Windows 98?

Nah, you will need much more RAM...

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Getting New Overwatch Map and Heroes
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Getting New Overwatch Map and Heroes Sep 16, 2017, 02:56 MattyC

Frijoles wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 21:34:
Between this and all the Overwatch stuff in the Blizzcon bag, makes me wonder how much money the Overwatch gambling is bringing in compared to WoW. There's a new favorite child at Blizzard.

I could be wrong, but I doubt Blizzard really benefits much (other than more people being interested in Overwatch because somehow gambling on video games is a thing) from gambling. It is a potential negative press bringer for money they really aren't hurting for. They have WoW, Overwatch, Heroes, and now they are starting to monetize SC2. Why mess with a almost a handful cash cows?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 25, 2017, 08:13 MattyC

From the feature standpoint it seems solid. I do, however, wish they hadn't made it look so... Mad Katz discount bin like.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 18, 2017, 11:20 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 10:48:
And it's still just as painful as it was before google docs.

What do you find so painful about it?

I mean I wouldn't say it is a desktop or laptop replacement, but you can do plenty of work on one easily with a case stand and a Bluetooth keyboard (word processing, email, spreadsheets etc).

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Released
13. Re: StarCraft Remastered Released Aug 15, 2017, 09:44 MattyC

Jonjonz wrote on Aug 15, 2017, 07:36:
As usual StarCraft like all Blizzardware, always had the best CGI teasers and cutscenes, but I found the actual gameplay boring and bland compared to Command and Conquer or Total Annihilation. C+C at least had some character and humor, and TA was way more advanced with things like patrol and assist. I still played it and did enjoy it, just not as much as C+C or TA.

I think StarCraft appeals most to the multiplayer computer sport crowd as it's simplicity lends itself to spectating whereas more advanced and complex modern RTS are to complicated for the average person to watch and understand what is going on.

The CGI wasn't updated. Everything else was, but not the CGI. As for simplicity, I don't think you have ever really played StarCraft...

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Released
10. Re: StarCraft Remastered Released Aug 15, 2017, 05:03 MattyC

MacLeod wrote on Aug 14, 2017, 20:15:
wait... I'm confused... I need Starcraft to buy Starcraft Remastered? (according to the page)

As others have mentioned, this is free.

I encourage you to watch some HD streams of this. I wasn't wow'd by the screenshots Blizzard posted, but when I watched the launch event tournament? I was sold. It really looks much better in motion.

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
2. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 10, 2017, 09:52 MattyC

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 10, 2017, 09:42:
I was watching (rather started watching but turned it off after 10 or so minutes) some let's plays last night from Giant Bomb and it was enough to make my decision not to get this game.

The gameplay just seemed kind of boring. There are some gimmicks like shooting backwards to propel you in zero gravity area and what not, but I didn't see anything that made me want to buy/play this game.

I didn't watch that Let's Play, but I thought it looked rather solid from what I have seen. Not GotY or anything, but better than just decent. I would consider picking it up, but I have too much of a game backlog right now.

News Comments > Ys SEVEN This Month
1. Re: Ys SEVEN This Month Aug 10, 2017, 03:14 MattyC

presuming they don't get a DMCA notice from George Costanza

I watched a good bit of Seinfeld 'back in the day', but this reference eludes me... Google also appears confused. Any help?

News Comments > Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released
8. Re: Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer Released Jun 28, 2017, 02:30 MattyC

El Pit wrote on Jun 28, 2017, 01:11:
No new areas? Just a new class? So I guess it is only $5, right? *looks at price* GTFOH!

There are 2 new areas and other features, they are just part of this patch and don't requre the addon. I was hoping for something in the $9.99ish range though.

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Free Trial
9. Re: Gears of War 4 Free Trial Jun 12, 2017, 16:12 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 10, 2017, 09:56:
The days of triple a games fitting on a cd-rom are long gone.

I think that happened ~2007...

News Comments > Gears of War 4 Free Trial
6. Re: Gears of War 4 Free Trial Jun 10, 2017, 18:46 MattyC

While I prefer shooters with a mouse and keyboard, the only reason I was into the old GoW games was the split screen co-op for the campaign with friends and horde. Also this mentions "cards" *shudder*. I think I will pass on this one.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 9, 2017, 21:33 MattyC

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 21:17:
I don't get what curved screens are good for.

I don't like them enough to buy one, but after having used a friend's I think they are a pretty nice format for a desktop monitor. I don't want to say it increases immersion (I don't think that is the right word), but it is an effect along those lines.

Now for a TV? Yeah... I don't understand the format there at all. It is watched by multiple people and really only the dead center seat takes advantage of the curve.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 for Free
8. Re: PAYDAY 2 for Free Jun 9, 2017, 03:26 MattyC

Numinar wrote on Jun 9, 2017, 01:58:
Don't pass this up because of the roar of haters.

I agree with this. I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, but to me it seems almost like a *gasp* proper demo! If I like it, I will pick up the DLC and they make money. If I don't, I respect the offer and go along my way. Hating on a free game because it doesn't include everything is... odd.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 4, 2017, 14:33 MattyC

JZ Temple wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 14:16:
who wants to wait to read their Blues News updates?

Indeed. Besides, you never know when Irvine might post some selfies...

877 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo