Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 730 (Apprentice)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Marketing NIChe Jul 20, 2016, 00:00 MattyC

WaltC wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 12:23:
The Apple fad is winding down, once again...;) It's almost like clockwork...! As soon as competition arises Apple falls by the wayside, as first it sues its competitors and then when that fails Apple is simply unable to compete

Note to self: if you are ever 'unable to compete' make sure it is by the WaltC scale. A scale which appears to involve having money fights... on a giant yacht... floating in a sea of still more money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial Jul 18, 2016, 01:57 MattyC

Bucky wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 14:39:
So, as someone who loved KotOR and KotOR II, is this worth delving into as a single player experience? I have zero interest in the MMO part of it, but I wouldn't mind revisiting the world if I can do it on my own.

It is good enough that it will make you sad that it wasn't a single player game. Take that for what you will.

I played through a large portion of 2 of the starting 'campaigns' when it was just going free to play. I lucked into playing on a totally dead server so it almost was a single player game for me. Basically, yes you would probably enjoy it.

News Comments > etc.
17. Re: etc. Jul 18, 2016, 00:57 MattyC

Devinoch wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 00:14:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 17, 2016, 02:53:
the religious right for all intents and purposes has been pretty quiet for the last 20 years.

This is quite literally the most hilariously blind comment I've seen on this board.

I was unsure at first, Poe's law and all. That said, I think I agree with you now.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 16, 2016, 02:45 MattyC

The Screenshot Tool You Didn’t Know You Wanted- A Look At NVIDIA’s Ansel.

Aptly titled. I hadn't seen anything about this, but it looks awesome.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
9. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jul 15, 2016, 03:19 MattyC

El Pit wrote on Jul 15, 2016, 00:56:
Tarmarna wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 22:53:
Also this massive post on the GeForce Forums -

High DPC - GeForce Forum

Wow. AMD and nvidia are really dropping the ball pretty much. So many flaws and mistakes - it is really incredible. AMD with its powersucking RX480 that needs to be underclocked, nvidia with GTX 3.5 + 0.5 GB 970 (and broken nvidia gameworks features e.g. in FarCry 4), now this...

We need a new player in the mid/high end graphics business.

3dfx! 3d... oh... yeah.

I don't really see how another big player could emerge currently.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 11, 2016, 23:51 MattyC

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 19:45:
Not really understanding the big fuss over the Pokemon Go privacy issue. Ingress has been doing the same thing since its been out with no problems ( at least none I've heard about). Secondly, if you don't like the Google access just create a Pokemon Trainer account to sign-in. "Problem" solved.

You can also use a separate Google account, at least on iOS. I haven't tried it on Android yet.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 11, 2016, 03:36 MattyC

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 23:23:
christheshitter wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 19:15:
This is why the new Doom sucks monkey balls and i agree with him although i wouldn't call it a bad game but a bad Doom game

https://youtu.be/WkJMYRz8RMQ

I listened to about 3 minutes of that guy and had to turn it off. Annoying voice, laughable review. Of course, not everyone is going to like every game, but "DOOM is the worst fps experience ever" ? Please.

It's fine to dislike a game, but don't publicly dislike a game just to be 'edgy' or whatever.

I think I was able to endure the pain for all of about 20 seconds... so I guess you did better than me.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 9, 2016, 04:30 MattyC

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 18:43:
Can agree Avast is decent for the free version. Adding in AVG though, eesh. If you want to go down the shit path why not throw some Mcafee in for good measure?

AVG has gone so far downhill in the past several years it makes me sad, but don''t be throwing out the M word, ya jerk. Not even CLOSE to comparable.

News Comments > Evolve Going Free
12. Re: Evolve Going Free Jul 7, 2016, 06:55 MattyC

With the "founder" status it doesn't seem to far off from what they did with TF2, so I have no issue with it. Granted TF2 was a game I bought in the OB and liked from the start, and Evolve always seemed like a mess, but I will give it a go for free.

It seems like they are at least trying. I mean, the game wasn't really going anywhere with the previous model.

News Comments > Josh Mosqueira Leaves Blizzard
22. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2016, 22:55 MattyC

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jul 3, 2016, 20:35:
It's a big company, but it's also a pretty conservative one. Overwatch is their first genuinely new IP since 1998 after all.

I know the characters / cards are old, but I would consider WoW, Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone to be new IP. The first added tons of new outside content, but more importantly all 3 were new games. Just seems odd to imply they have been 'pulling a Madden' or something for almost 20 years.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
24. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2016, 22:45 MattyC

Tumbler wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 15:02:
Seeing the finished results of games like Shadowrun

What was wrong with Shadowrun? I feel like they shipped pretty much everything exactly as advertised. I wouldn't call it one of my absolute favorite games of all time, but for the price it was quite fun and is one of the more open games (to modders/the community) in recent memory.

I also quite enjoyed FTL, though I still feel it would have been better as a pure turn based game.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 3, 2016, 18:45 MattyC

Do they not do community events based around the sales anymore? Or did I just miss them all this year?  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
13. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 30, 2016, 05:26 MattyC

It looks like a R.A.T.7 got beat up after drunkenly wondering into the wrong part of town... and the R.A.T.7 didn't look that great to begin with.

If people like it though, more power to them. A mouse isn't really about the looks.

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
24. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 07:41 MattyC

Flo wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 06:00:
MattyC wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 03:10:
Flo wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 02:03:
I got a 29" LG curved, it only got 2560x1080 but that's ok for my 960gtx. I love playing ultra-wide games and was very surprised that even older titles like Dead Space support it.

Do you ever watch much media on it? That is my worry with curved and (to a lesser degree) ultra wide displays. I think I would like them for gaming, work would depend on what exactly I was doing that day I guess, but sometimes I watch movies/shows on my PC and sit further back and I just don't think I would like that. Even more so on anything <30.

I mean if it is something I am really into I would just go watch it on my TV anyway, but I was curious.
Not really watching movies on there. Netflix for example does not support 21:9 resolutions, but the amazon web player does.

That is about what I thought, but it never hurts to ask. Still looks like it would be great for gaming.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 27, 2016, 03:14 MattyC

You don't get out much do you?  

News Comments > Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support
18. Re: Overwatch Adding 21:9 Ultra Widescreen Support Jun 27, 2016, 03:10 MattyC

Flo wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 02:03:
I got a 29" LG curved, it only got 2560x1080 but that's ok for my 960gtx. I love playing ultra-wide games and was very surprised that even older titles like Dead Space support it.

Do you ever watch much media on it? That is my worry with curved and (to a lesser degree) ultra wide displays. I think I would like them for gaming, work would depend on what exactly I was doing that day I guess, but sometimes I watch movies/shows on my PC and sit further back and I just don't think I would like that. Even more so on anything <30.

I mean if it is something I am really into I would just go watch it on my TV anyway, but I was curious.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 27, 2016, 03:07 MattyC

JeffD wrote on Jun 26, 2016, 08:36:
Poor excuses. Other games have continued with update content for all platforms. They should do destiny 2 if they want one and 4 only versions.

How would that be better? Then instead of Destiny from release date until whenever they finally become legacy (which everyone knew was happening) 360 and PS3 players would have had nothing. I mean they weren't exactly duped here...

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 25, 2016, 22:39 MattyC

JeffD wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 16:31:
in other news, bungie sucks at long term vision. Kind of like why they didn't choose pc as a platform to begin with.

The 360 and the PS3 came out in 2005 and 2006... I think they had plenty of "long term vision" there. Those were never the lead platforms.

News Comments > Overwatch PTR Launches
11. Re: Overwatch PTR Launches Jun 22, 2016, 20:38 MattyC

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 17:32:
Total-Khaos wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 16:53:
I don't hear any 12-year-old kids calling me names with their squeaky voices that penetrate my very soul."

Are you playing it on PC or a console?

This is a big reason I don't buy games on console.

I haven't played a lot of the new consoles, but I don't think you are ever lumped into voice chat anymore. Unless I have magically never been placed in it you also don't get dropped in Overwatch on PC.

I guess what I am saying is I think those squeaky voices are coming from his/her own Vent or TS server. I think you would file that under PEBCAK.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC
1. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Outlaw Sectors DLC Jun 22, 2016, 20:30 MattyC

I never really played anything beyond the vanilla Sins of a Solar Empire, but I did enjoy that. Pretty crazy that they are still putting out DLC. I might have to give it a try assuming I can find my disc.  

730 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo