Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 888 (Graduate)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans
12. Re: Get World in Conflict Free and Free Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Plans Dec 4, 2017, 23:49 MattyC

SirKnight wrote on Dec 4, 2017, 22:00:
I played World in Conflict when it came out. Very good game.

I enjoyed my time with it. I actually got the CE which came with a neat box and a bit of the wall.

That said, I own so few Ubi games. For both of them to be ones I already have I can only conclude that this is part of a vast Ubispiracy against me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Free Weekend Underway
3. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Underway Nov 18, 2017, 07:01 MattyC

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 18, 2017, 05:12:
I haven't played in ages and feel no urge to. Just wondering is it still going strong?

I haven't played any since the Halloween event ended, but it was pretty packed then.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2017, 05:43 MattyC

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 01:07:
That FCC story is pretty dismal...

Also firefox really is faster, also uses 30% more ram.. nearly on par with Chrome now.. sigh.

Seems quite snappy to me, and I haven't noticed any major changes in RAM usage. I am pretty happy with it. If this update didn't show real progress I was going to just stick with Chromium. They seem to have delivered on 57 though.

News Comments > StarCraft II Free-to-Play Launch
5. Re: StarCraft II Free-to-Play Launch Nov 15, 2017, 05:37 MattyC

Slick wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 04:34:
I like Blizzard's cheeky tweet about how their campaign is fully unlocked after 0 hours of grind, also all co-op missions are unlocked after 0 hours of grind.

When they're talking about a 5-year old game, which ABSOLUTELY had grind to unlock all of the co-op characters/missions.

What in the world did you grind to unlock co-op characters or missions? Do you mean abilities when you leveled them up? Even if that is the case you are pretty far off. With the first win of the day bonus that has been around forever now, leveling those is trivial.

News Comments > StarCraft II Free-to-Play Launch
3. Re: StarCraft II Free-to-Play Launch Nov 15, 2017, 01:48 MattyC

Shock wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 22:00:
But now, since I own Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm, the only option for getting last campaign is to bu the whole thing, costing me more than it would have yesterday.

To be fair, they announced this some time ago. They didn't pull a switch since yesterday or anything.

News Comments > Get Guns of Icarus Online for Free
6. Re: Get Guns of Icarus Online for Free Nov 10, 2017, 12:17 MattyC

jaffy wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 11:28:
Stratosphere. That was a good game hardly anyone played

Yes, thank you! Sorry the reply is so late. I hadn't been able to remember the title of that in ages.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 10, 2017, 12:16 MattyC

So... is thinkcomputers.org any sort of real site or do they just copy and paste things from Reddit every day? Thinking  

News Comments > Get Guns of Icarus Online for Free
2. Re: Get Guns of Icarus Online for Free Oct 28, 2017, 04:49 MattyC

KTR wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 20:27:
Fun game with friends.

I cannot remember the title, but I am pretty sure a similar game (more floating islands than 'ships') was out in the 90s. It was never really polished, but it was fun to make your island fort and go fight.

News Comments > Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend
6. Re: Three Games Free on Steam for the Weekend Oct 27, 2017, 07:50 MattyC

I am curious about Torment: Tides of Numenera. I was a big Planescape Torment fan. That said, I can rarely do weekend F2Ps. I always end up busy until Sunday and then it just seems pointless since I won't be able to really get very far into it.

Humble has Guns of Icarus for free if you are looking for something more permanent.

News Comments > Battle.net Launches New Social Features
4. Re: Battle.net Launches New Social Features Oct 24, 2017, 01:57 MattyC

Alamar wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 21:26:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 20:20:
I have created a Blues News group

You need to supply the link or code, for people to find the group...

I assume (very possibly incorrectly) that you can just request a join to the group once you add The Half Elf as a friend. I just sent a request, so I guess we will see.

News Comments > Civilization III Free on Humble Store
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 20, 2017, 07:53 MattyC

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 07:08:
Any workarounds for online multiplayer, like do hamachi or tunnngle work with this?

Never had a chance to really play this one but I love the Civ games I've played, so I added it to my steam library with this freebie offer.

Thanks for the heads-up on this!

It has been a long time since I played it, but IIRC you could run both it over the net with GameRanger. I used it for that and Diablo 2. Never had any issues with it.

News Comments > The Witcher Turning 10
10. Re: The Witcher Turning 10 Oct 16, 2017, 17:04 MattyC

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:23:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:52:
While I get peoples gripes about Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 and Witcher 3..

These are still some of the best story RPGs I've ever seen. I mean Witcher 3 DLC's alone are worthy of 80$ each as they are fantastic.

I still loved #1 story.. Alvin you little bastard!

The story in Witcher 1 was excellent.

I agree with you on the story, but otherwise it could really use a mechanics update. That camera is freaking evil and while the AI can be amusing it ... doesn't exactly do what it is suppose to.

Either way congrats to CDPR for a great series!

News Comments > STAR WARS Battlefront II (2005) Multiplayer Restored
9. Re: STAR WARS Battlefront II (2005) Multiplayer Restored Oct 3, 2017, 05:40 MattyC

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out "squee!", and reached for their wallets. I feel something awesome has happened."  

News Comments > STRAFE Millennium Edition
3. Re: STRAFE Millennium Edition Oct 3, 2017, 05:31 MattyC

I thought this was going to be somehow related to the 90s Strife.

I rather liked that game. Stupid pre-coffee reading...

16. Re: My 2002 PB G4 Sep 25, 2017, 04:39 MattyC

Ant wrote on Sep 24, 2017, 12:33:
MattyC wrote on Sep 24, 2017, 06:29:
Ant wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 19:17:
I still use ancient hardwares as shown in my http://zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/MyComputerStuff.txt (primary 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 box).

How is that Powerbook holding up? I still have an ancient dual processor G4 1GHz Quicksilver Power Mac that I got for ~$20 when my university was upgrading their labs. It moves quite well for its age. Uses a ton of power, but it can run Classic and I was always a fan of that case design, so I keep it just because.
It still works as of early 2017, but I rarely use it since it's SO old. I tried to install Linux on it, but it is slow and crashes a lot. Also, its internal wireless only does WEP. I am trying to find a good use for it.

I have heard Mint plays fairly nice with them, but I just stick with OS X. The wireless thing is a complete pain, even if it is understandable given their age.

I mostly just use mine to play old games like SimCity 2000 (the best version!), Marathon, and the like. I also do some programming on it when I don't want to be distracted by bagillion things I could do instead on my desktop.

I personally don't do anything with it, but mine came with a copy of Pro Tools and I have friends who sometimes want to use it for that (though I couldn't say why).

11. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Underway Sep 24, 2017, 06:29 MattyC

Ant wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 19:17:
I still use ancient hardwares as shown in my http://zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/about/MyComputerStuff.txt (primary 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 box).

How is that Powerbook holding up? I still have an ancient dual processor G4 1GHz Quicksilver Power Mac that I got for ~$20 when my university was upgrading their labs. It moves quite well for its age. Uses a ton of power, but it can run Classic and I was always a fan of that case design, so I keep it just because.

9. Re: Overwatch Free Weekend Underway Sep 24, 2017, 03:06 MattyC

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 21:04:
Battlenet client did have some terrible problems maybe 6 mo- 1 year ago with hardware acceleration on their stupid flash shit they force on each games tab.

Its come a long way though, I don't see the performance hit anymore and its way more stable. I still don't let it sit in the background unless I'm using it, but I stopped having issues.

The only one I really remember is needing to turn off "Use browser hardware acceleration" under advanced settings. Otherwise it has been far less painful than even Steam was when it rolled out. I am still not sure it was needed, but I haven't seen any other performance issues.

News Comments > EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced
7. Re: EverQuest Ring of Scale Expansion Announced Sep 22, 2017, 12:35 MattyC

LittleMe wrote on Sep 21, 2017, 18:17:
Very tempted to try to play it. Will it still play on my Voodoo3 & Windows 98?

Nah, you will need much more RAM...

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Getting New Overwatch Map and Heroes
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Getting New Overwatch Map and Heroes Sep 16, 2017, 02:56 MattyC

Frijoles wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 21:34:
Between this and all the Overwatch stuff in the Blizzcon bag, makes me wonder how much money the Overwatch gambling is bringing in compared to WoW. There's a new favorite child at Blizzard.

I could be wrong, but I doubt Blizzard really benefits much (other than more people being interested in Overwatch because somehow gambling on video games is a thing) from gambling. It is a potential negative press bringer for money they really aren't hurting for. They have WoW, Overwatch, Heroes, and now they are starting to monetize SC2. Why mess with a almost a handful cash cows?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 25, 2017, 08:13 MattyC

From the feature standpoint it seems solid. I do, however, wish they hadn't made it look so... Mad Katz discount bin like.  

888 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo