Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 834 (Graduate)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 22, 2017, 01:11 MattyC

I doubt, but wonder if this will include college football. If so, I wouldn't mind paying $10 for that during the season. CBS ends up covering a lot and even DVRing it and skipping through the commercials gets tedious. I think I can say with confidence that they have the most per game of any network...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced
8. Re: Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced Feb 16, 2017, 12:19 MattyC

Jagacademy wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 10:14:
I want to be a "paladin", but don't want to be an old guy with grey hair.

The ravages of time eventually come to all... It will happen to you!

News Comments > Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced
3. Re: Path of Exile The Fall of Oriath Announced Feb 16, 2017, 01:28 MattyC

I tried the game way back in early 2013 (I think it was still in beta?) and just couldn't get into it. Too slow and too much killing crabs on a beach for what seemed like eternity. That said, it looks like a lot has changed. I will definitely be giving it another go.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 10, 2017, 14:41 MattyC

The Japan's arcades article on Financial Times seems to want me to sub... not going to do that, but I will say that I miss arcades in the US. I know they aren't totally dead, but at least in this area they are pretty close.  

News Comments > E3 Opens to Public
12. Re: E3 Opens to Public Feb 9, 2017, 05:37 MattyC

This is something I would be really into... many many years ago. Too little too late I think, but I guess time will tell.  

News Comments > Project CARS 2 This Year
17. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 16:09 MattyC

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 15:40:
MattyC
Project Cars isn't too bad with a controller but it is a ton more fun with the wheel. After some practice you can push the cars to the limits much better with the wheel than with the controller. Much smoother for steering also. It is however a pain in the ass to set it up and tear it down if you don't have a dedicated wheel stand.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds fun, wish I had room for that. I would love a wheel and pedal setup, but I already use 1/2 my 'LAN PC' second desk for my previously mentioned flight setup and it really just sees use when I play Sturmovik games and very rarely some others. I think my better half would frown on the purchase, but honestly the desk space is a big concern with my setups at this point too. Sad

News Comments > Project CARS 2 This Year
15. Re: Project CARS 2 This Year Feb 8, 2017, 15:33 MattyC

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 11:22:
feel of cars with my G27 wheel and pedals were great.

I always felt it looked kind of neat, but I had Forza with my little controller, so I stayed away. How is it with a controller? I would like a wheel, but I wasted enough money and desk space on my Saitek X52 for games I really don't play very often. Not sure I could go for a wheel and pedal setup.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 5, 2017, 11:38 MattyC

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 08:22:
If I am looking for a specific trailer, I'll go to YouTube. What I originally used IMDB for a lot was perusing movie trailers for both upcoming and recently released films in order to find films to either go and see at the theater (not so much) or put them in my Netflix DVD queue. It used to be a good place to do that, it had separate trailer lists for "recent", "popular" and something else I can't remember off the top of my head -- they dropped the third one. Anyway, it used to be you'd only find movies in those lists -- not anymore.

Not a bad idea at all. I never used it that way, but now I kind of wish I had.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Feb 5, 2017, 10:40 MattyC

Maybe they have made advancements, but M&K converters have existed for a very long time. In the past they were just never any good.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Feb 4, 2017, 23:40 MattyC

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 22:34:
I never used their message boards but I have to say I'm less and less pleased with their site. I'm tired of having to weave through tv series and computer game trailers while perusing trailers for a movie to watch. More the computer games than the tv shows, but still even the tv shows annoy me a bit. I understand why it's there, and it is completely reasonable, but they need better separation IMHO.

Or maybe I am just being a whiny curmudgeon -- it is my job after all..

I like IMDB for a great many things, but I have never used it for trailers. Any reason you go there instead of YouTube etc?

News Comments > Lúcio Coming to Heroes of the Storm
6. Re: Lúcio Coming to Heroes of the Storm Feb 4, 2017, 14:30 MattyC

Slick wrote on Feb 3, 2017, 18:11:
pretty nifty. There are better heroes I'd like to see, but still neat.

Pretty much this. I can think of a lot of heroes I would like to see, but he does look interesting and a change of pace.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
20. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 4, 2017, 14:26 MattyC

Fion wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 13:25:
$630 original price. This is apple, which means if that software were on other platforms the total price would probably be about $250.

Except it wouldn't... Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro X, Motion, Compressor, and MainStage 3 are included. You can argue that similar software on Windows (Linux is sadly a non-factor here) should be cheaper, or that the Apple software should be cheaper if you want, but that is a good price for real content creation software on either platform currently.

News Comments > Torment Stretch Goal Changes
26. Re: Torment Stretch Goal Changes Jan 30, 2017, 02:24 MattyC

yuastnav wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 01:52:
I have to admit, though, that I never played Planescape Torment

*GASP* You need to get on that ASAP. There are quite a few mods that help it feel more 'modern' if you need any links. Torment is absolutely worth the play.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
15. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 30, 2017, 02:22 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 12:58:
That's why you see some guys flourish on certain teams and do poorly on others. It's an entire mix of elements.

This is indeed true, but 'the comback kid' wasn't purely earned on the 49ers. And while Montana wouldn't have the legacy he does without Jerry Rice, "the catch" (for example) was to Dwight Clark - Montana could utilize pretty much any weapon and that is a huge part of what made him great.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
3. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 28, 2017, 16:23 MattyC

Redmask wrote on Jan 28, 2017, 14:38:
I didn't even think of VR sports, pretty crazy potential for application there once they find a good solution

I would think even now they could do a very reasonable Quarterback Club type of game. Then again that could also just be my inner child wanting this to be great. I played a lot of Joe Montana's Sports Talk Football as a kid...

News Comments > Deus Ex: Breach and VR Experience for Free
7. Re: Deus Ex: Breach and VR Experience for Free Jan 25, 2017, 09:47 MattyC

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 21:17:
Breach is a pile of freemium crap (complete with randomized microtransactions), which is a shame

Ah, oh well :/

I was curious exactly what Breach was because that blurb doesn't really tell me, but I guess now I know.

News Comments > Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster
16. Re: Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster Jan 25, 2017, 09:45 MattyC

PHJF wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 09:25:

Meanwhile, the new mode is laughable. Lacks all the drama and tension that CTF should have...

Leave it to Blizzard to fuck up CTF. A timer to pick up the flag? Really?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I have been having fun with the mode. It has me playing again at least. Not every game's version of CTF has to be exactly the same anyway. It isn't like planting / defusing the bomb in Counter-Strike instead of just running over the bomb site was so game ruining thing that sapped all 'drama and tension' (the opposite really). Plus I feel like some of the class mechanics fit better this way. I have already 'flown' to a runner I was healing right before they died and picked up the flag and continued on to score. If I had been able to do that w/o any wait time I am sure people would just be complaining about that instead. Can't please everyone.

I do think new mode specific maps for this would be a much better idea.

News Comments > Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster
11. Re: Overwatch Celebrates the Year of the Rooster Jan 25, 2017, 07:30 MattyC

If Overwatch is gambling then those silly random toy vending machines outside grocery stores. Oh, and packs of baseball cards, and every CTG ever. My goodness the gambling industry has our children!

Won't somebody please think of the children?!?

/s

News Comments > Halo Wars 2 Gold
8. Re: Halo Wars 2 Gold Jan 18, 2017, 16:14 MattyC

HoSpanky wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 11:49:
I picked up Halo Wars for like $7, got a copy for a friend. Had a GREAT time playing it co-op through the campaign.

It never seemed that interesting to me, but I am a sucker for good co-op. I will have to give it a look.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 18, 2017, 16:12 MattyC

Beamer wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 14:32:
Ok, when people here say they dislike Windows 10, do you say they're "off" because they used to use MS-DOS?

First I would say you seem to be taking this very personally, but if Microsoft started making MS-DOS branded PCs in a time machine and shipped them back in the past and had much of anything to do with the origins of MS-DOS then... I guess so? Microsoft and Apple / NeXT are not really anything alike in what they made/make so you are reaching pretty far here.

Beamer wrote on Jan 18, 2017, 14:32:
the only thing in common is the logo...

The logos are nothing alike. What are you even talking about? Inquisitive Beamer put down the pipe and get some sleep buddy...

834 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo