Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 1045 (Pro)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2018, 04:06 MattyC

El Pit wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 00:09:
I just can't stand this anime design with hilariously huge weapons and awkward haircuts.

I know, right? Jester

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
35. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 13, 2018, 03:54 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 17:47:
How do you sell a used PC game anyway? Once the code has been used no one else can use it. So the game has to be new by definition or it's unplayable.

People apparently do exactly that. I am guessing that is what Bethesda is trying to stop here. At least that makes the most sense... I know you can find tons of used Bethesda games online right now, so it seems to add up.

I have never had that issue with Amazon, but I know people who have had those issues buying stuff off forums etc (which I would not recommend because... duh). It isn't hard or expensive to get / barrow a shrink wrap machine.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2018, 03:32 MattyC

I guess I have to be THAT guy in the discussion Lonely , but while I am OK with Craig, he was never really Bond to me. He just made the character into yet another generic action movie protagonist. That and he wasn't anything like Bond really. Far too serious and generic for my tastes.

Connery will be Bond for me, but I would take Pierce Brosnan, and even Moore over Craig. At least they seemed to have fun with the role. That is what Bond was supposed to be: a tipsy spy having entirely too much fun with entirely over the top spy toys in absurd situations. Honestly in terms of Bondness, I would almost rate Timothy Dalton higher. If you just want a decently acted vanilla action hero there are plenty of other films/film series.

As for Elba? I think he could pull it off if he played more like his natural self or perhaps something like his Mumbles role in RocknRolla. I would be interested to see him give it a go anyway.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 11, 2018, 11:31 MattyC

I don't think McInnes has had any influence at the current VICE (website, streaming, & TV) in many many years (assuming he ever had any at all).

Associating the two and their views outside of entertainment is a bit like linking Rupert Murdoch and The Simpsons. There is a business deal there, but I don't think one ever influences the other.

News Comments > Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play
14. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 11:18 MattyC

ItBurn wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 11:15:
MattyC wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 05:09:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 01:59:
I don't like this F2P setup. It sucks. Why don't they do like all the other good F2P models? Also, just add bots. Why is this whole project so half assed? At least Andrew Hulshult's music is good.

What is so wrong with this F2P model?

I haven't played all that much of it, but the beta (or whatever has been going on) seemed like pretty standard F2P to me.

Basic gameplay-affecting features are locked away (heroes). I don't think you can unlock them permanently if you don't pay. Look at the Path Of Exile model for good no BS F2P. You get everything. You can pay for cosmetics or for more stash tabs, which you already have more than enough of.

Ah, I had noticed that, but I thought it was more like Heroes of the Storm where you can unlock all the heroes for free after a bit of just playing the game plus a free play rotation.

Like I said, I hadn't played very much of it.

News Comments > Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play
5. Re: Quake Champions Goes Free-to-Play Aug 11, 2018, 05:09 MattyC

ItBurn wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 01:59:
I don't like this F2P setup. It sucks. Why don't they do like all the other good F2P models? Also, just add bots. Why is this whole project so half assed? At least Andrew Hulshult's music is good.

What is so wrong with this F2P model?

I haven't played all that much of it, but the beta (or whatever has been going on) seemed like pretty standard F2P to me.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 11, 2018, 02:52 MattyC

Prez wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 13:33:
Blue just said we're old.

That does it, I am going to break out my good shaking cane!

News Comments > August Twitch Prime Freebies
1. Re: August Twitch Prime Freebies Aug 9, 2018, 23:53 MattyC

I guess the other Wizardry games are coming later in the month? Currently, it only lists 8 for me.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Aug 8, 2018, 03:15 MattyC

ItBurn wrote on Aug 8, 2018, 02:08:
Do you have a way of convincing us to play this?

Well it is free to try

Otherwise I would largely second what Icewind said. I wasn't a big fan, but I still managed to have fun with it for the ES experience during their last free play. You might too.

News Comments > Weekend Free Games on Steam
3. Re: Weekend Free Games on Steam Aug 4, 2018, 03:45 MattyC

Disgaea is... weird. Super weird actually. I have never played any of the other games in the series, but I have played that version for the DS and it is pretty fun. I don't remember the story at all (it is both forgettable and really brief), but the game has some really solid TBS legs.

If you like to min / max characters, create new class hybrids, 'craft' items (it has an item world... I said it was weird), and try to complete missions perfectly then it is worth a look at that price. You can get a ton of hours out of it. That might sound grindy at first, but it really isn't. The perfect levels for max reward with the geos is almost puzzle-like and the item world for making solid gear is random. The other elements like assigning mentors for your newer characters and 'rebirthing' them at level 1, but with their learned abilities also helps to keep things fresh.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 2, 2018, 02:09 MattyC

I am not really sure when they stopped being banned. When I was in high school (yes, way way back in the Paleozoic) we were absolutely allowed to have phones, but if we took them out in the classroom they were taken away and the students parents had to come reclaim it.

Seemed to work well enough. You could use them as much as you wanted in the halls / at lunch, just not in class. Not sure what changed.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 1, 2018, 03:59 MattyC

John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory explained this phenomenon ~14 years ago. At this point I think it is really more of a law. No further extrapolation is necessary.  

General Discussion > Blues news is pretty horrible on phones...
12. Re: Mobile version? Jul 31, 2018, 02:46 MattyC

Ant wrote on Jul 29, 2018, 17:10:
Maybe someone can make a m.bluesnews.com mobile friendly version off the current system?

That would require access to the back end. I mean I could make a simple one that loaded however you guys like based off the RSS or that-which-must-not-be-named (WAP), but that would be headlines or headlines and a brief snippet. You would still need the full site to see the whole post and any comments.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 29, 2018, 17:49 MattyC

Hot water challenge wrote on Jul 29, 2018:

The "challenge" consists of someone either drinking boiling water through a straw, or having the water poured on them.

Wtf

I hope this is a 'viral challenge' in the same way the Tidepods were (i.e. out of the 7.6~ billion people here someone in dire need of clicks found a tiny number of idiots, it was never an actual trend) because if not... That hot water can hurt and that boiling water is very hot water are two things you should be picking up at a young age.

General Discussion > Blues news is pretty horrible on phones...
9. No subject Jul 29, 2018, 04:22 MattyC

While the mobile and PDA links have been wonky forever, I have almost no issue browsing the site on mobile. If you do, one thing to consider is the RSS feed. Google seems to want RSS dead for whatever reason, but it is still kicking and plenty of mobile feed clients exist.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2018, 04:07 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Jul 28, 2018, 19:26:
What the hell is it with people pooping in public??

Maybe he always wanted to have 'the phantom pooper' etched on his tombstone but felt it had to be legit earned? Toff

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 28, 2018, 04:07 MattyC

Happy Sys Admin Day

I guess those suggestions are nice, but I would be quite happy if everyone remembered, just for that one day, all of their passwords...

If they could also not lock themselves out of files/jobs by being impatient and resubmitting tasks 1/2 a second or so after the first submission, that would be great, but just the password bit is more than enough for me.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 26, 2018, 17:12 MattyC

To be fair to him, if almost everyone has left and gone to Fortnite that statement could be technically true...

News Comments > I'm not a Monster Beta Demo
4. Re: I'm not a Monster Beta Demo Jul 26, 2018, 04:37 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 20:58:
Too bad it's MP only I'd be all over it otherwise. Reminds me somewhat of the old RPG Paranoia.

I don't know, I feel like multiplayer is the only real way to go about something like this. Sometimes in a given game (particularly RPGs) the human/social element is what really makes it.

Mafia, for example, is logically based in a way that you could make AI for it without much trouble, but I don't think it would be very interesting to play it that way.

News Comments > Original Crysis Multiplayer Support Ending
2. Re: Original Crysis Multiplayer Support Ending Jul 18, 2018, 11:23 MattyC

I think the only real fun I had with this was some MechWarrior mod. I wish I could remember the name of it so I could give it one last go (assuming it is even still around).  

1045 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo