Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed,
the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 1258 (Pro)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2019, 01:54 MattyC

seven dollars

Huh

I haven't been in a BK in a long time anyway, but I certainly won't be changing that now. The last time I went I think whoppers were $4. Shouldn't one sans beef be cheaper? At $7 I will eat at Back Yard, Five Guys, or something when I feel the need to defile myself with fast food.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Oct 11, 2019, 22:54 MattyC

I havenít noticed anything on the PC really. At any rate it isnít pc specific. Plenty of console games are absurdly large with absurdly large patches.  

News Comments > STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs
11. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 10, 2019, 02:28 MattyC

NKD wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 09:44:
MattyC wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 01:33:
NKD wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 01:16:
32GB pretty steep heh. That's what I have and its the max my Mini-ITX motherboard will take.

Just curious, but how is that limit hit? I mean you can find 32+ GB sticks easily now, is it a 1 slot mobo? I haven't messed with mini

That does seem a silly high requirement (yes, even recommended) to me too. I have 32 on my current home server, but the only way I ever use near that is virtualization. On my desktop, I can't think of anything I own that even uses all of its 16GB.

2 Slots, but it doesn't support 32GB sticks, at least not according to manufacturer.

Interesting. I guess that just goes with the mini-ITX territory? Last time I messed with anything micro it was the Shuttle XPC Cube cases, with whatever mobo came with them in the Pentium D days. That thing ruined micro for me. With even a casual level video card in it, it would constantly hit temp warnings.

News Comments > STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs
5. Re: STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order Specs Oct 9, 2019, 01:33 MattyC

NKD wrote on Oct 9, 2019, 01:16:
32GB pretty steep heh. That's what I have and its the max my Mini-ITX motherboard will take.

Just curious, but how is that limit hit? I mean you can find 32+ GB sticks easily now, is it a 1 slot mobo? I haven't messed with mini

That does seem a silly high requirement (yes, even recommended) to me too. I have 32 on my current home server, but the only way I ever use near that is virtualization. On my desktop, I can't think of anything I own that even uses all of its 16GB.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Previews New Races
7. Re: World of Warcraft Previews New Races Oct 9, 2019, 01:07 MattyC

Muscular Beaver wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 08:26:
Those are the Goblin models just reskinned and maybe a few different polygons...

Insomuch as all humanoid models are maybe... Whatever

Not the most interesting of options to me, but I don't know if anything would get me playing again at this point. Maybe something really different like the cursed Arakkoa (Skeksis!!) or the ethereals...

News Comments > Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests
36. Re: Blizzard's Hearthstone Champion Ban over Protest Draws Protests Oct 8, 2019, 18:08 MattyC

A boycott Blizzard campaign organized and propagated on Chinese hardware by those who will continue to buy Chinese. Rolleyes2

I'd be happy that people are finally paying attention to this, except I don't think they really are. It just seems grumbling for internet points with a side of circlejerk. This isn't a Blizzard thing or even a video game specific thing. China has been strong arming foreign companies into doing this kind of thing for a long time now.

Ultimately, those boycotting won't pay more for their electronics any more than a large publicly traded company will turn its back on 1.4+ billion potential customers. In short, this is the same as doing nothing and will at most change the current PR spin.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 7, 2019, 01:19 MattyC

I like the concept and I am a sucker for strategy RPGs. The Romero name and lengthy incubation time might be a bad sign, but then again this is the other one.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Oct 6, 2019, 15:36 MattyC

I kind of forgot HTC was even around. It seems like it has just been Samsung and Google on the higher end Android front for quite a while now.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month
18. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Next Month Oct 4, 2019, 14:03 MattyC

I think everyone knew this was coming after they released their client, but still nice to see.

I wonder what Humble will be using before the Steam release, or am I reading that wrong? I think pretty much everything I have ever purchased on HB was ultimately a Steam key. Not complaining, I was 100% OK with that.

News Comments > Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA
10. Re: Free Month of Origin Access with 2FA Oct 3, 2019, 03:15 MattyC

Does this include the Authenticator for SWTOR or is that still separate for no real reason?

At any right more people should use 2fa, so I support this.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 2, 2019, 10:28 MattyC

Oh, Webcrawler, going back to the original (at least for me).  

News Comments > Epic Games Store September Update Plans
16. Re: Epic Games Store September Update Plans Sep 29, 2019, 01:41 MattyC

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 28, 2019, 20:51:
it was Tim's assault on the community

Popcorn

News Comments > Epic Games Store September Update Plans
10. Re: Epic Games Store September Update Plans Sep 28, 2019, 17:57 MattyC

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 28, 2019, 15:56:
The reason I finally uninstalled Fortnite even though I'd occasionally fire up the PVE mode is that it takes so fucking long to update. They push hotfixes and other small updates to the BR mode so often that it seemed every time I went to go fire it up, it made me wait for half an hour or more. Even though the downloads were pretty small (less than 100MB), it'd be scanning through and processing probably the entire game installation.

I don't know if it's the same way with any of the other games, but it's definitely an issue the majority of their users have been dealing with for a long time.

I have only really kept Dauntless and the new Unreal beta (RIP), but both or those patched infrequently and quickly. That makes me think it is Fortnight specific, but that is just a guess.

News Comments > Sunday Patches
2. Re: Sunday Patches Sep 23, 2019, 03:23 MattyC

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2019, 19:38:
give it a try this winter.

I don't think we get those this year. Someone took the jam out of Mother Nature's doughnut or something. It is late September and it has been 90+ here almost every single day. That includes multiple 97+ days to boot. Sweatdrop

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 23, 2019, 00:41 MattyC

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 22, 2019, 17:20:
I didn't get the memo, I still use Firefox

Same. I really came close to switching (though to Chromium rather than Chrome proper) right before the first Quantum release. It was just getting to be so slow, but Quantum fixed that so I haven't thought about it since. It has been my browser since Phoenix.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 19, 2019, 03:06 MattyC

Google play / Chrome apps has been a cesspool forever. Apple and Windows market places have never been perfect or anything, but big Gís is just another level.

The first time I looked into Android and Chrome apps yeah, it was a bit shocking. Now though? Thatís just the way Googles ecosystem had always been...

News Comments > Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway
14. Re: Rockstar Launches Game Launcher with GTA: San Andreas Giveaway Sep 17, 2019, 23:11 MattyC

ďIf you really wanted GTA San Andreas since 2004, but the .99 cent Xbox / PS2 bin at your local store was just a bit out of your price range, boy have we got a surprise for you!Ē  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 16, 2019, 05:56 MattyC

Orogogus wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 18:29:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 17:09:
Greedfall outsells Gears? Didn't see that coming.
it's being rated poorly because of technical issues. So I think it's lucky to be #4.

I would think this must mean it is selling quite well. I can't think of any reason to get it on Steam at all.

What technical issues? I haven't found any yet. It runs remarkably well on my ancient setup (i7 930, 16GB, 1060 GTX 6GB VRAM)even though it says its unsupported (I think that is just because I don't use the "GeForce experience" or whatever for my drivers though, I'll pass on beta drivers).

I only picked it up because it was free with gamepass, so I never read many reviews. I went in with low expectations technically, but just fine here so far.

News Comments > Dauntless Launches This Month
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2019, 06:31 MattyC

DrSquick wrote on Sep 15, 2019, 00:24:
I really like this game! I bought Monster Hunter World on pre-order, and it was my first monster hunter game. And I honestly don't like it much. I don't like hunting alone

It certainly has a more active 'pug' community for hunts than MH, and it it also benefits from cross platform play. It still has a lot of issues, but then it is also still a lot of fun. I would also recommend it.

If nothing else, it is a neat way to get your console friends (Xbox and PS4 now, with Switch supposedly coming soon) together with your PC gamer friends in a game that has 0 initial investment cost.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 14, 2019, 12:35 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 23:51:
1/2 a billion, is that deposited in one large sum.

He wanted four solid hours of lens flare, and they were going to cap him at 3 and a half. Some men just cannot be bought.

1258 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo