Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 1165 (Pro)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Jun 8, 2019, 12:50 MattyC

Probably because someone already made the Google Stadia. Well, rather didnít make it, but since the very idea was a broken console I guess that is open to interpretation. At any rate we already had a Phantom and while Google snít a fly by night operation their history of having things ever never leave beta strongly indicates that they are Infinium Labs with a bigger budget.

Donít get me wrong though, if they pull this off I can drag some of my now-console-dad friends back to PC gaming, so go Google! I just donít see it happening...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo Hellfire on GOG.com
4. Re: Diablo Hellfire on GOG.com Jun 5, 2019, 13:48 MattyC

CthulhuFan wrote on Jun 5, 2019, 12:12:
Somehow I missed this back in the day. Was it any good? While Grim Dawn scratches my D2.5 itch, I may be tempted to pick this up and play it provided I can find my installation media for the base game.

It wasnít bad, but it wasnít that that good either. Hellfire was unfinished (there are files for 2 or 3 other classes tucked away in there) and it lacked real online play. The fact that it wasnít really a Blizzard game probably didnít help itís popularity at the time either.

That said, if you never played it, there are a lot worse games you could spend your money on, so donít let any of that dissuade you. There is some fun to be had in Hellfire.

Note: if you own the original it plays fine on windows 10 you will probably get an installer error but fear not. It will have installed fine. This was accurate as of 7 or so months ago anyway...

News Comments > Free Weekend Games on Steam
1. Re: Free Weekend Games on Steam May 31, 2019, 17:02 MattyC

I always thought Verdun looked interesting, but unfortunately I hear the NA servers are more or less dead.  

News Comments > City of Brass Free on Epic Games Store
7. Re: City of Brass Free on Epic Games Store May 31, 2019, 00:45 MattyC

Creston wrote on May 30, 2019, 23:47:
I fucking HATE timed games.

I am not that familiar with the title, but what about the game is timed?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
5. Re: Morning Interviews May 28, 2019, 13:40 MattyC

WaltC wrote on May 28, 2019, 11:47:
IMO, Rock,Paper,Shotgun The utterly garish hot-pinks/medicinal-greens/washed-out browns, rudely imposed over a bright-white backdrop, is a color scheme that is a literal affront to my sensitive peepers

Itís just black text on a white field here. Not sure if it is just some of the things I have filtered / blocked or that I am on mobile, but it works for me. shrug

Also, I thought this was already Blueí World

News Comments > New Steam Mobile Chat App
3. Re: New Steam Mobile Chat App May 22, 2019, 14:34 MattyC

Wow, this is sad. It adds nothing new, you could already chat and buy games when the their existing mobile app. You will have to keep the other app too because this one requires Steam Guard to login. They just made it take up more space on your device. To be like Facebook and to support ďgifsĒ I guess? Oh and if you have a high res tablet, this appears as a tiny window because I guess Valve couldnít afford a tablet to test on,

I realize this is optional (I already removed it) and that they say they will include more in the future, but this should have been a beta at most. I kind of expect more from Valve. Now if you will excuse me I have to go yell about how things were better Ďin my dayí to clouds...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2019, 20:00 MattyC

El Pit wrote on May 20, 2019, 14:57:
Massive GoT spoilers ahead...
Bran the Useless is the new king.

Also spoilers here

I guess, but in name only. De facto Bran is just going to go raven out in a corner, he is more like furniture than a person. That leaves Tyrion. De jure the mad tyrant usurped it from Cersei, who Jon killed. Jon doesn't want the position so it falls to the next in line. That would be Cersei's only living brother - Tyrion.

That just leaves the north. Sansa and Tyrion are still married (right?) so patriarchy and all that also makes him king of the north. There, seven kingdoms once again united under one ruler.

That is the ending I saw and no one can convince me otherwise!

News Comments > WoW Classic in August; Testing Begins Tomorrow
19. Re: WoW Classic in August; Testing Begins Tomorrow May 15, 2019, 17:01 MattyC

I am not really feeling a need to go back to WoW, classic or otherwise, but that anniversary Ragnaros statue looks awesome. Looks like they sold out of those instantly though...  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 10, 2019, 21:17 MattyC

I would be more worried about the game ever being than Barretís voice. Since the original had no voice acting, maybe they will include a text only option? I mean Cloud didnít even really have lines in the original...  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 9, 2019, 15:05 MattyC

Video game players are more likely to pursue healthier lifestyles averaging seven hours of sleep during a weeknight

I must be an outlier...

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
9. Re: Spider Silk is Strong May 6, 2019, 19:16 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on May 5, 2019, 19:29:
MattyC wrote on May 5, 2019, 19:18:
How do you eat an earbud in your sleep? Seems more like someone gunning for their five minutes...
One of the 17 spiders a person swallows every night probably dragged it into his gaping maw Nod .

Quiver

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 5, 2019, 19:18 MattyC

How do you eat an earbud in your sleep? Seems more like someone gunning for their five minutes...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 3, 2019, 20:35 MattyC

Mr. Tact wrote on May 3, 2019, 20:07:
wtf_man wrote on May 3, 2019, 19:22:
Unfortunately Blackbird has not been updated in a long long time, and I think it's no longer maintained.
Never heard of Blackbird prior to this, but according to what is on getblackbird.net it was updated on 26 April 2019. If it is still being maintained and does what it claims, that could be good to know. Their Patreon page is looking a little neglected...

While it takes some research and work the first time, you can take all the garbage out of 10 yourself even if your arenít super tech savvy. Once you have done it, it is relatively quick to repeat on another machine. Now, it is incredibly stupid that you have to do that, but it makes 10 usable and you get to see exactly what you are doing to your machine.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2019, 15:34 MattyC

I could be remembering wrong but I feel like 16MB of RAM was pretty low even in 1999...

At any rate I still have one of those original intellimice. I rarely use it for anything but it does work.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2019, 22:04 MattyC

Congrats Blue!  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Is Huawei a security threat? Seven experts weigh in. Actually, five experts and two senators. Mar 18, 2019, 03:13 MattyC

Simon Says wrote on Mar 18, 2019, 01:24:
MattyC wrote on Mar 17, 2019, 22:23:
However WinRAR does a lot more than 7 zip

I seriously doubt that... Explain?

It has up-to-date versions for more than just Windows (a lot more and this matters to people who use other operating systems, so big one). Has proper CLI support across those (instead of just what little p7zip has). Has full support for more archive and image formats. Additional encryption and self extraction options. I mean you have to ask me something more specific really. Otherwise with I am just going to be relisting info from their websites.

If you just need basic BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP, and 7's own capabilities for Windows then 7z is just fine and has been for a very long time. That was my point. If you want to do a bit more WinRAR has those options too.

6. Re: Is Huawei a security threat? Seven experts weigh in. Actually, five experts and two senators. Mar 17, 2019, 22:23 MattyC

Simon Says wrote on Mar 17, 2019, 16:32:
About WinRAR... people still use it? 7-zip replaced WinRAR/Winzip/Winace more than a decade ago.

Longer ago than that if just used it as a random zip replacement. However WinRAR does a lot more than 7 zip, most people just donít need to support that many archive, image, etc formats.

2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Mar 17, 2019, 16:00 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 17, 2019, 12:49:
Ok winrar, I'll upgrade you now.

In this case, being a software license holder actually has a surprising number of perks if you check the fine print!

News Comments > Battlefield V Firestorm This Month
6. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm This Month Mar 15, 2019, 09:30 MattyC

Osc8r wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 18:47:
TTK still 0.01 seconds?

What do you do in a game where people actually lose HP? BFV is insanely long. You can basically fight each other for days across a field hitting them 3-4 times every time they poke up and you doing the same. Even the sniper rifles, hit to the chest or side of the head? Nah, they are still good. They will even heal up before they pop out again so they can take repeat chest shots! It needs a hardcore mode if anything.

News Comments > Halo: The Master Chief Collection Coming to Windows
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 13, 2019, 04:32 MattyC

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 02:40:
Let me guess, Windows 10 exclusive? (Maybe even Windows 11 exclusive, depending on release date?)

Since they mention Steam, I don't think that is very likely. I would be fine with it though if it was xplatform play for all the co-op elements.

1165 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo