Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Matt C

Real Name Matt C   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname MattyC
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed,
the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Homepage https://mattyclutch.wordpress.com/
Signed On May 23, 2007, 03:50
Total Comments 1283 (Pro)
User ID 39012

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Halo Reach Released

19. Re: PC Halo Reach Released Dec 5, 2019, 17:30 MattyC

Beamer wrote on Dec 4, 2019, 10:47:
MoonSpook wrote on Dec 4, 2019, 05:17:
I remember playing the original Halo when it was finally released on PC all those years back, and I could never understand what the fuss was about. The PC shooters of the time seemed so very much further advanced. As such it's kinda hard for me to get excited about these being on PC now.

The competitor was Unreal Tournament 2003, and I found PC Halo infinitely better. Better levels, more fun things to do. The polish wasn't quite there, but skyjacking a flying vehicle then buzzing around in it, having a dogfight above a groundfight,winning, then swooping down and picking off people fighting your teammates, was far better than anything Unreal was offering then. Or taking out vehicles with sticky grenades, etc.

I don't think Halo even stacked up well against UT99, never mind 2k3. That is before even figuring in mods and user maps.

It was just a super basic shooter. What it had going for it was its newness for console gamers, which is fine, but it is still a contender for most overrated series of all time.

"I'm Troy McClure, and I'll leave you with what we all came here to see: Hardcore nudity!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $250M

16. Re: Star Citizen Passes $250M Dec 1, 2019, 17:49 MattyC

“If we just keep dumping mounds of cash on this dumpster inferno we will eventually smother it, right guys?”  

"I'm Troy McClure, and I'll leave you with what we all came here to see: Hardcore nudity!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue

25. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2019, 23:27 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2019, 13:01:
I like inexpensive quality headphones.
The Philips SHP9500 are $55.
and it's bigger brother is $100 Philips Fidelio X2HR

Is $100 still considered inexpensive? I haven’t bought any cans in several years but I don’t think any of my Sennheisers, ATH, or Beyerdynamics were really much north of that. I kind of considered those splurges since it isn’t like I do actual audio work or anything.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2019, 23:16 MattyC

Happy gluttony day to all.  

News Comments > Thanksgiving Day Interviews

2. Re: Thanksgiving Day Interviews Nov 28, 2019, 18:27 MattyC

I spent so much time at a local LAN center here playing facing worlds. I had the game and broadband at home, but it was worth the cost and the trouble (I couldn't drive yet) to go play it there in the same room as everyone else. That and good old Tribes. Aww

That place had more than a bit to do with why I wanted to get a job as early as legally possible...

News Comments > Refunds Offered for Two Additional Stadia Pro Games

4. Re: Refunds Offered for Two Additional Stadia Pro Games Nov 27, 2019, 16:56 MattyC

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 27, 2019, 11:43:
Refunds already?

Wonder how long this little crap fest will last.

I figure it could go either way. On the one hand, this is Google. If Google is known for anything, it is cancel everything. On the other hand, Infinium Labs managed to keep this gig going for years with only a keyboard. Google has a whole console!

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. Nov 24, 2019, 18:37 MattyC

How are those ‘developer only’ notes? Looks pretty close to standard “we acknowledge” type bits, not something secret. At least to me...  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2019, 10:48 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Nov 20, 2019, 01:44:
New NASA study finds long-haul danger for astronauts: Blood flow in reverse.

Now, in the unexpected discovery, researchers have found that spending time in space can affect how blood flows through a major blood vessel in the upper body, causing it to halt or even flow backwards — a health risk that was unknown until now.

The problem isn't space, it's zero-G. If you want a ship to fly to Mars, build one that rotates to create artificial gravity: problem solved.

If you are talking about actual space, and not just LEO, radiation doesn't care about blood or artificial gravity. We probably have to get a handle on that before we let go of the kiddie pool railing.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2019, 10:34 MattyC

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 20, 2019, 15:19:
1 tb ssd's broke the $100 barrier a long time ago.

Sev Samsung 860 EVO 1TBs are sitting on my desk right now, just picked up for well below that. The consoles don't really have to do even that much to improve load times this generation though. The PS4 and XB One both had 5400 RPM drives in all models IIRC.

News Comments > On Diablo IV Leveling

24. Re: On Diablo IV Leveling Nov 20, 2019, 15:46 MattyC

Darks wrote on Nov 20, 2019, 13:20:
D4 needs to be something new and different, and more like D2 is.

Intentional or not, I give this 10/10!

News Comments > Google Stadia Launches

8. Re: Google Stadia Launches Nov 19, 2019, 14:29 MattyC

The Phantom has arrived! Huzzah! The technology of 2004 is here today!  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2019, 12:42 MattyC

NKD wrote on Nov 19, 2019, 11:33:
It looks like they are trying to sell you meth.

Well, it is South Dakota... Can you really be sure they aren't?

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday

25. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday Nov 19, 2019, 04:37 MattyC

edaciousx wrote on Nov 19, 2019, 02:34:
If this does well, which it will, half life 3 will have a better chance.

Yeah, people keep trying to sell me on VR - same as 10 years ago, but I don't care about how it does. Let me know when it has a killer app. I haven't seen one yet and I highly doubt this will be it. "You'll be missing out when VR takes off!" no, I won't. I will just go buy one then, at a far more reasonable price point. I don't have a vendetta against it, I have apathy. It needs something that looks fun first. VR's current timeline endpoint is right between now and the heat death of the universe. I think I am good.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2019, 03:26 MattyC

The King was perfectly OK IMO. Not great, but not at all bad either.

Pattinson's French accent is all over the place though. Dropping in and out was actually more distracting to me than if they had just let him straight butcher it. If you have some time to kill on a lazy weekend you, could do a lot worse.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 14, 2019, 06:18 MattyC

I imagine the lack of ports, non replaceable battery, and heat generated from the new internals will keep me away, but my 07-08 17” MacBook Pro will finally be left behind with Catalina. It wasn’t even officially supported on Mojave, but it worked. Not a bad run for a laptop.

I wanted a bigger display, user modifiable / replaceable internals, with a solid keyboard and discrete graphics... all of which I got in 2007. Maybe this is a step back in my direction, but who knows.

News Comments > Op Ed

61. Re: Op Ed Nov 10, 2019, 01:52 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2019, 13:35:
MattyC wrote on Nov 8, 2019, 23:08:
This seems to be a solution in search of a problem...

In unrelated news, did Blue's entire CSS change? Change frightens and confuses me!

I kid, I like the look, but I must have missed any announcement.

Here ya go Matty. Also the top story on the sideboard.

Also, feedback here.

Ah, thanks! Though I no longer see any of the sideboard on mobile. Looks quite good to me so far, but I will post there if I notice anything.

News Comments > Op Ed

50. Re: Op Ed Nov 8, 2019, 23:08 MattyC

This seems to be a solution in search of a problem...

In unrelated news, did Blue's entire CSS change? Change frightens and confuses me!

I kid, I like the look, but I must have missed any announcement.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator - Utah Rolls Out with Free Weekend

5. Re: American Truck Simulator - Utah Rolls Out with Free Weekend Nov 8, 2019, 08:45 MattyC

Wow, truck driving and Utah! If they add in some ‘Tax Time receipt based deductions’ DLC, this game will be unstoppable...  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 3, 2019, 00:00 MattyC

Pr()ZaC wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 22:39:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 12:09:
It’s important for readers to know these lists don’t signal a breach on any NordVPN servers. The lists also don’t indicate that the breach disclosed 11 days ago was worse than the company said it was.
It's always much worse, usually.

Well, if you are going to nitpick someone's wording, I guess that is one way to do it.

News Comments > Diablo IV Announced

29. Re: Diablo IV Announced Nov 2, 2019, 03:08 MattyC

Red886 wrote on Nov 2, 2019, 00:21:
seems like it's only good for the Cut Scenes

everything is so muted..and is it only 3 classes? no way....right? got to be 5 or 6 right?

... The class section opens with:

Players will be able to choose between five different, unique classes on launch. Let’s start with a few fan favorites, three of which we’re revealing today at BlizzCon

1283 Comments. 65 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >