Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On April 29, 2007
Supporter -
Total Comments 3025 (Veteran)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX on PC

15. Re: FINAL FANTASY IX on PC Apr 14, 2016, 14:15 Task

Off topic, but yeah Squares first leap into voice acting is cringe worthy when I went through 10 recently. Auron and Lulu's were ok - I just wish Square would include the Japanese dub in their voice acted games. Anyways I stuck with it for the turn based battles and story, and skipped some of the hair-pulling, ludicrously bordering on impossible secret challenges.  

Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY IX on PC

12. Re: FINAL FANTASY IX on PC Apr 14, 2016, 14:01 Task

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 14, 2016, 12:54:
Well I never played it and many people say it was substantially the best FF game... we'll see.

I can say that FF9 generally gives one 'feel good vibes,' with its unique art direction and music. Substantially the best though? I don't know - honestly that depends on 'where' in this huge series an individual started with. Some people swear by FF1-4 for instance, and so on with the others for different reasons (like me swearing by FF:Tactics as the best 'strategy' FF for its high difficultly).

FF9 is definitely one of the substantially more 'whimsy' ones of the new "FF in 3D" games, like FF+Disney=9. It has slight nods to games before 7, but not completely. Its also VERY easy and not that hard of a game to understand and complete, so its a good starter FF.

Back in the day I completed it without a guide (the one that was released for it was atrocious), which were the days before detailed online fan-guides became more common. Looking at the achievement list though there are things I have never heard about (missed a lot secrets and optional challenges).

To conclude, yes its worth it, its very casual for an FF game so don't expect any deep, complex strats like the other games, but has a nice stereotypical Fairy Tale story with a fun cast of characters. Although if you have a backlog no real point in getting it unless you intend to play it straight away. I could go on and on here about fav aspects of all the ones I have played, but that would be a huge essays worth of stuff.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Trailer & Rewards Program

2. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Trailer & Rewards Program Apr 13, 2016, 22:46 Task

Well, one could always mod the game to replace mention of "KPA" with something else more plausible, and change flag or insignia on the enemy skins (like a u.s. flag next to a death's head or something).

Seems like it might be fun though, at least.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2016, 14:00 Task

The only Fords I ever had the displeasure of owning were from the 90s (none a mustang) and they were trash. Terrible engines.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Tease

2. Re: BioShock Infinite Tease Apr 13, 2016, 10:18 Task

My guess is remaster gimmick treading their same super linear, on rails game.  

News Comments > Dark Souls III Released

15. Re: Dark Souls III Released Apr 12, 2016, 16:51 Task

Rilcon wrote on Apr 12, 2016, 13:24:
Expect crashes. Many people, myself included, crash whenever they get near a bonfire.

maybe that's a hardcore feature lol. Devs trolling so you can't get to bonfire checkpoints.

News Comments > Morning Previews

1. Re: Morning Previews Apr 12, 2016, 12:28 Task

Jeez, those Orion devs sound pretty arrogant.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups

24. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 12, 2016, 09:13 Task

Long thread for a modding kit lol. Anyone here read the new and quite lengthy review of this game on RPGCodex? Its epic.  

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Issues

34. Re: Quantum Break PC Issues Apr 8, 2016, 18:05 Task

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 17:59:

I was joking in response to what Horroscope posted.

Ah, I see. My other point still stands though that this game gets 3 outta 5 shrugs from me.

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Issues

31. Re: Quantum Break PC Issues Apr 8, 2016, 17:46 Task

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2016, 14:47:
Wow, PCs are no good anymore. Perhaps I should get a console.

Or just have some of each like me, but this game Quantum Break doesn't even look that interesting after watching a Let's Play, at least to me. More like Quantum Who Cares. I can understand for those that did want to try it on PC, but it just seems like an average romp linear game.

News Comments > New Chapter for Star Wars: The Old Republic

2. Re: New Chapter for Star Wars: The Old Republic Apr 7, 2016, 21:53 Task

I'm amazed WoW is still going - most of these games just keep dragging it out, but they are losing numbers albeit slowly in these MMOs. And frankly for all the money people put into this probably could have financed KoToR 3 (ie, something better).  

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints

46. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 18:33 Task

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 17:56:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 14:42:

I thought DA:I came out right in the middle of GG?

The transgender character in DA:I was just so stupidly introduced though. You're talking to Krem, and suddenly, literally out of nowhere, come 3 options that basically say "Have you always known you were a man?" and "when did you know?". Something to that effect. It came out of nowhere. Krem had never once even alluded to it, and suddenly your inquisitor bam knows about it.

That's basically the issue I think that people have with the writing in this Baldur's Gate expansion. I haven't played Dragonspear, but I was certainly looking forward to it - but the issues of the bugs held me back, but now there is the issue of the writing. Some people posted the screenshots of the dialogue tree of this whole thing and it has a 'similar' issue as that DA:I example you are referring to.

I think the issue itself is being drowned out by people puffing up their chest on both sides. From what I'm reading, and what some are saying, its the writing itself that is not up to chops. Perhaps that's mean to say, but I've seen better writing in other Infinity Engine games or other RPG's, for that matter. It means they, BeamDog, should improve upon that if they want to be making games that will have lasting appeal like BG1/2. This one thing being pinpointed as an example - unfortunately it has to with a transexual issue, so that opens up all kinds of people to trounce on it. 1st) YOUR character, out of no where, asks "Why their name is weird" - There are hundreds of weird names, come on that's not a good conversation starter down that tree, so I see exactly what people are now talking about in reference to the writing needing to be improved 2nd) Right away the shop keeper reveals they are a woman now, and why, etc. - no one would actually do this, at least in our reality given the social perceptions of this (one poster on the BeamDog forums, who is transexual pointed out this exact issue). In other words, if they wanted to put something like this in, why not let it be a companion? Then after some time and that person feeling more comfortable around your characters they reveal their past and who they were before, etc. Some random NPC going "Oh hi, here's my life story info dump, k bye" - No, that's not good writing. It feels forced.
3rd) They can introduce better within Lore, transexual/transphobia-etc. can and does exist far differently in Fantastical Realms like D&D and others than our reality (there is no magic in our reality, people can not literally change their DNA, in fantasy realms, VOILA they can - Good, now make a joke about how the new Woman can't stand the bloody periods and time of months, or back problems if they wanted big boobs; or the woman-to-man can't stand "surprise erections" - the struggle is real folks).

Also there are other screenshots posted where a Drow talks about why they are making the journey (and the writer seems to not realize Drow are Evil, because they are) and also complaining about "male drow TAKING" them or something. From what I understand, Drow in D&D are Matriarchal, and "choose and discard males freely" so the FEMALES are the ones "taking" the male or ordering them around. Found this screenshot which is totally not about drow or other stuff, it's just kind of boring dialogue choices "A plot I would very much like to be a part of" - K)

So, yeah, the writing. All of it. Not much else for me to say on this topic other than I hope BeamDog's writers improve on their prose and dialogue choices (also the bugs, that's a given and then I will be more than happy to give it a go).

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2016, 18:40.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 5, 2016, 22:53 Task

Hurray, a tournament for the worst MW game in existence. They are still dragging around that corpse I see.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Wasteland Workshop Next Week

5. Re: Fallout 4 Wasteland Workshop Next Week Apr 5, 2016, 22:50 Task

I think Bethesda should simply call the next game "Wasteland Sims" to be as generic and accurate as possible - as generic as this game, which bares little resemblance to FO1/2 at this point, even if it is FPS.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy

37. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 15:52 Task

Bundy wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 14:49:

Well my Geralt certainly tried as hard as he could to fuck every sorceress that crossed his path. And I've been sending each of them to the witcher stronghold to keep them safe. It wasn't until after that I realized that I've been sending them each there. After said happy fun time. Alone with each other. To tell their stories to each other.... It basically means that I have to stay away from that place. Forever.

lol, consequences for your actions dude, that's on you. Your Geralt ("you") is the fanfic waifu version :). I just followed the book-like path.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 5, 2016, 12:48 Task

Panama Papers. It seems like the powers that be are having a harder time keeping their conspiracies as 'Conspiracy Theories' these days. So far an Iceland politician resigned, but that's Iceland - if you're corrupt there or a mafia bankster - you're pretty much toast.  

22. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 12:37 Task

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 12:21:

The Witcher is based on a series of novels where Geralt fucks anything that walks. So it's just like that in the game as well. Kudos to CDP for bringing the world of The Witcher to life in this fashion.
The sexual predating of Geralt absolutely serves the purpose of an accurate portrayal of Geralt's character and his role within the game world as known from pertinent literature.

Your point?

although, after having read the books, Geralt does not in fact fuck anything that walks (drowner banging?) After meeting Yennefer, he crushes on her hard. He 'may' have had sexy time with a young bard lass though, one of Dandelions proteges, after he and Yennefer parted after trying Apartment Life: Feudal Ages Edition. Other than that, yes CDReds book to game adaptation is pretty accurate if you stick to pure book Geralt.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers

3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers Apr 5, 2016, 11:44 Task

Same thoughts here. Its different enough, and its Warhammer, where I don't have to worry about it not being enough like my favorite TW title - Rome 1.  

10. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 11:40 Task

That Poe and Finn thing is so dumb when I heard people actually thought that after watching the film. Apparently guys who are too chill, become friends, and hang out down at Mos Eisley must be 'gay.'  

6. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 11:25 Task

nin wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 10:38:
I can kinda see both sides. I mean, the forgotten realms is a big place, right? All sorts of folks. But I also agree with a comment I read elsewhere, which said they'd just like to play their fantasy game without 2016 issues mixed in.

From what little I've read it sounds shoehorned it, because the writer thought it was a great idea. And just shoehorning it in to make a statement seems like a weak way to do it.

Yeah, pretty much. Don't they (devs) know magic can literally change DNA? It would be like Yennefer turning people into actual frogs - because she can.

Anyways my mouse has hovered away from the buy button, but not necessarily for 'that' issue, but more so the bugs n stuff. The mouse will hover closer to buy when I see patch fixes.

Also who the hell is Amber Scott, google fu says its the girl from the Robin Williams Peter Pan film? I mean she hasnt acted in anything past the 90s...

3025 Comments. 152 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >