Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 3009 (Veteran)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy

22. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 12:37 Task

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 12:21:

The Witcher is based on a series of novels where Geralt fucks anything that walks. So it's just like that in the game as well. Kudos to CDP for bringing the world of The Witcher to life in this fashion.
The sexual predating of Geralt absolutely serves the purpose of an accurate portrayal of Geralt's character and his role within the game world as known from pertinent literature.

Your point?

although, after having read the books, Geralt does not in fact fuck anything that walks (drowner banging?) After meeting Yennefer, he crushes on her hard. He 'may' have had sexy time with a young bard lass though, one of Dandelions proteges, after he and Yennefer parted after trying Apartment Life: Feudal Ages Edition. Other than that, yes CDReds book to game adaptation is pretty accurate if you stick to pure book Geralt.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers

3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailers Apr 5, 2016, 11:44 Task

Same thoughts here. Its different enough, and its Warhammer, where I don't have to worry about it not being enough like my favorite TW title - Rome 1.  

10. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 11:40 Task

That Poe and Finn thing is so dumb when I heard people actually thought that after watching the film. Apparently guys who are too chill, become friends, and hang out down at Mos Eisley must be 'gay.'  

6. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 11:25 Task

nin wrote on Apr 5, 2016, 10:38:
I can kinda see both sides. I mean, the forgotten realms is a big place, right? All sorts of folks. But I also agree with a comment I read elsewhere, which said they'd just like to play their fantasy game without 2016 issues mixed in.

From what little I've read it sounds shoehorned it, because the writer thought it was a great idea. And just shoehorning it in to make a statement seems like a weak way to do it.

Yeah, pretty much. Don't they (devs) know magic can literally change DNA? It would be like Yennefer turning people into actual frogs - because she can.

Anyways my mouse has hovered away from the buy button, but not necessarily for 'that' issue, but more so the bugs n stuff. The mouse will hover closer to buy when I see patch fixes.

Also who the hell is Amber Scott, google fu says its the girl from the Robin Williams Peter Pan film? I mean she hasnt acted in anything past the 90s...

1. Re: Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Siege of Dragonspear Controversy Apr 5, 2016, 10:27 Task

Uh Ohs.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup

3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 4, 2016, 19:25 Task

The creator must have really liked it? Probably just trying to get the publisher or dev's attention for the second game.  

News Comments > Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic

8. Re: Overwatch Widowmaker Cinematic Apr 4, 2016, 12:34 Task

The game itself looks fun, but my interest in multiplayer gaming is diminishing. Theyll definitely capture a younger audience. And now for satire:

Interviewer Chris for PNN asks Trumper and Hitlery VP, "Should women cosplayers be punished for Tracer butt posing?"
"Look, There has to be some form of punishment, Trumper says seriously.
"Agreed, those girls can't do that!" Hitlery yells maniacally.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month

2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Tracer This Month Apr 3, 2016, 11:45 Task

Another hilarious thing about that is Tracer cosplayers are doing that same exact pose to poke fun at Blizzard.  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released

3. Re: Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Released Apr 1, 2016, 10:23 Task

Tach, Chill dude.
From what I read from their interviews:
A. They wanted to create an actual expansion that looks and plays exactly like BG 1/2 within the IE - in other words a "lost" expansion
B. They wanted to show they have the chops to create "something" with the BG license - the rumor is, BG3 may come later (with what engine who knows)

I don't see the need for BG to change its combat type. I'd rather see and play clear differences in a BG game, D:OS, and PoE. Its a miracle BG came back from the grave as-is since Beamdog found out Bioware literally lost all art assets of the original games on a hard drive that was subject to a flood.

News Comments > DOOM Cinematic

5. Re: DOOM Cinematic Mar 31, 2016, 22:21 Task

They still kept that generic front cover for the game... Do FPS gamers today just see a generic soldier and think, "Wow, so bad ass!" They should have had the demon horde attacking the Doom Guy as the main cover, at least that shows what the game is roughly about.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 31, 2016, 19:51 Task

I'm willing to give FF15 a chance, although I really, really hope all FF games from now won't be just pure open-world MMO-ish style or everything needing to look hyper-realistic like FF15. At least have a new named Final Fantasy, in the classic style, every now and then, like every odd number or something. With the level of tech and resources they have these days, I'd like to see what they could do with a more classic style FF again with AtB, turn-based, etc. Type-0 apparently has decent turned-based, but the story is shit - so what they really need is a smart designer and story writer to make something in the vein of FF6,7, or 9 again for a smash hit in that kind of vein.  

News Comments > etc.

5. Re: etc. Mar 31, 2016, 13:05 Task

She did it to help pay off her school loans, which is definitely a sad scenario. Large #'s of post-graduates are in lots-o-debt in the U.S.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs

11. Re: Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs Mar 31, 2016, 11:33 Task

Microsoft, thanks for the laughs. I actually enjoyed the Halo SP games (1 & 2), simple as they are. I can't justify buying an Xbone just to play the rest that's for sure, but Hey if MS actually wants money - some proper ports would sell. Keyword, proper.  

News Comments > New Space Sim HOTAS

3. Re: New Space Sim HOTAS Mar 31, 2016, 11:22 Task

The last 3 Saitek 52s I had all eventually had serious deadzone issues. I don't know if they've addressed manufacturing issues, but I was unlucky with every single Saitek joystick. Since then I switched to CH sticks and have had 0 issues. I remember someone having similar unluckyness with X-52s back in the day, they uploaded some video of them rage smashing that stick to bits - frankly I felt like doing the same.  

News Comments > Game Reviews

1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 31, 2016, 10:04 Task

That review for Adrift now makes me less excited for it, damn. I was hoping for an all-out space experience with a more interactive sciency ordeal. Great looking game, but if its just press F to watch your character"do this" makes it seem like its a very semi-interactive QTE Space Movie, rather than pushing for interesting mechanics.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer

6. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst at Night Trailer Mar 30, 2016, 16:37 Task

Never heard of people rebelling against a totalitarian society as "angtsy teens." This game better have good Orwellian vibes though.  

News Comments > Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute

2. Re: Valve Loses AU Legal Dispute Mar 29, 2016, 10:50 Task

This means more or less steam sales?  

News Comments > Call of Space Duty Rumors

4. Re: Call of Space Duty Rumors Mar 29, 2016, 10:47 Task

And the 'threat' is Dem Alienz. A CoD whacky enough I might try.  

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch

12. Re: EVE: Valkyrie and Gunjack for Oculus Rift Launch Mar 29, 2016, 09:46 Task

Wish I had an Occulus for Alien Isolation. That would probably scare my pants off even more than that game does already. It'll definitely be a boon for games like that.

Also VR would be amazing for something like a Mech Warrior 5 pushing the series further into full mech cockpit sim, although I doubt it will ever be made since the IP is held hostage by MicroShaft.

News Comments > Dark Souls III International Release Clarified

2. Re: Dark Souls III International Release Clarified Mar 25, 2016, 18:16 Task

*Shrug* They released Dark Souls 1 in Japan first. Perhaps people have short term memories, but Japanese games are typically, but not always, released in Japan first.  

3009 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >