Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 3011 (Veteran)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer

17. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer May 25, 2016, 16:54 Task

JayDeath wrote on May 25, 2016, 15:41:
So I just bought the expansion pass. Does it matter which one I play first or are they two separate stories? Blood and Wine looks interesting.

HoS - if you complete this during or after the main quest, 'some' characters will say slightly different things depending on what hasn't or has happened in your game.

B&W - The developers have stated this expansion is "best" if played AFTER Main Game.

Chronologically it can be Main Endings-> HoS then B&W; or HoS -> Main Endings then B&W; or Main Endings -> B&W then HoS

CD Red handled it pretty smartly especially since whatever order above you do, characters react accordingly.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer May 25, 2016, 14:51 Task

DirectX 12 for CP? What about Vulkan? That way I don't have to upgrade to Shitdows 10.  

5. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine Launch Trailer May 25, 2016, 11:35 Task

Not watching in case of spoilers.

Also if they release a Director Cut later, I sure hope they add in the cut Iorveth stuff that was apparently planned.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2016, 10:50 Task

And still better than New-New Hope (The Precious Awakens).

You can burn the original tril to bluray if you know where to look and have a lot time for hobby projects I recommend one of those pixma printers that you can also make custom disc labeling with.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER

5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER May 24, 2016, 12:55 Task

Ah so the reviews that point out the streamlining and further dumbing down must not count like the lazily designed siege battles. Like I said before TW dies with thunderous applause. Already I see users, like good CA Drones, saying the dumbing down is good. "But, but muh Warhammer, Orcs, waaaaagh." K.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER

1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Total War: WARHAMMER May 24, 2016, 11:27 Task

Jeez, I wanted to believe CA would learn, but it seems not. They tried to implement some sort of DRM on top of Steam DRM, huh?

My morning entertainment is reading the mixed steam reviews holy smokes. Hilarious ones too that say, "this review is to counterbalance negative reviews, ignore Chinese spammers." lol what?

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer

5. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer May 24, 2016, 11:17 Task

You'll see ;). Sieges against fortified settlement is usually attacking ir defending with just a one or two-sided wall. No multilayers or 4 sided walls. Sometimes it makes sense like a Dwarf city built into the side of a mountain, but the battle map is tiny with one wall in the way and little creativity/epic use of maps like secret side passage tunnels or whatever. There are also apparently few settlement layouts for battlemaps, and wall less towns are instead field battles (instead of a field + town with chokepoints)  

3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer May 24, 2016, 09:19 Task

As I predicted on TWC, the siege battles are the laziest designed, most simplified in the series and is now being praised for it. So this is how Total War dies, with thunderous applause.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 23, 2016, 19:33 Task

Congress is also bad at reading bills.  

News Comments > Game Reviews

2. Re: Game Reviews May 23, 2016, 17:06 Task

I wouldn't be too hasty. There are some issues with the game, depth and feature-wise, that seem to be evidence of further streamlining. Sieges for example are reduced to attacking a one or two sided wall instead of something more epic (it looks very lazy, probably the laziest or lack there of Siege battles I have ever seen in a TW).

Other things were removed that may or may not matter for a 'warhammer' like the removal of squalor and other city management aspects. RPS also explains that the fake economy aspects make it difficult to gain momentum, which seems to me like there might be balance issues.

Other reviewers like Angry Joe said he thought it was definitely fun and it crashed once (watched him play it on his twitch with "Other Joe")

News Comments > etc.

7. Re: etc. May 21, 2016, 17:22 Task

Wallshadows wrote on May 21, 2016, 15:38:
Do we even want a Half Life anymore though?

Is this a silly question though? Did anyone really want Doom 4? Turns out people did and they made it mimic the classics. So Gabe's excuse of needing the whole dev team to "do a classic thing" is is super silly given there have been plenty of games in other IPs that have returned classic style gameplay successfully for years now.

News Comments > Overwatch Launch Plans

10. Re: Overwatch Launch Plans May 20, 2016, 09:09 Task

I'm glad they decided to sell this game as a premium, instead of freemium. Makes me more likely to get it since premium usually infers less grinding annoyance and more quality and I get everything (a whole game) at once.  

News Comments > etc.

1. Re: etc. May 19, 2016, 10:48 Task

Hahaha, so truth finally reveals itself. Also any SP from Ea/Dice would suck anyways for a SW game and not even be close to past games. BF3/4 is evidence of their silly SPs.

Did The Precious Awakens also keep them from adding a multiplayer Galactic Conquest MP mode? Did is also keep them from making vehicles enterable instead unrealistic and dumb spawn tokens?

News Comments > Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released

1. Re: Fallout 4 Far Harbor Released May 19, 2016, 10:35 Task

"Will you make peace by doing Thing A and Killing the trash mob stuff, or will you not make peace by doing Thing B and killing the trash mob stuff." Choices and Consequences.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Released

18. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Released May 18, 2016, 10:24 Task

So you're butt hurt China wasn't in Red Dawn too? How original. You may get your wish though, if America, the new Axis power keeps beating the Hubris Drums ;).  

1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Trailer May 18, 2016, 10:14 Task

Hopefully it turns out decent and won't be super buggy. I may end up checking it sometime later, but preordering CA games is a no go for me now.  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Released

16. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Released May 18, 2016, 09:54 Task

eRe4s3r wrote on May 18, 2016, 05:38:
Wesp5 wrote on May 18, 2016, 03:13:
I still can't get over the stupid setting. I mean North Korea occuping the USA? How could this even be remotely possible?

The same way it is possible that the Reapers invade in Mass Effect

Fantasy

lol well it can be played on the very least the shooty shooty bits.

Like I said in the past though, one could just use their imagination and "pretend" the enemy is .gov instead. I read some reviews that some rebel characters are mega-stereotypes or borderline pyschos advocating torture of any North Korean. As someone who has read quite a bit into the covered up truths of the Korean War history, the premise of the setting in this is just that, pure ahistorical wankfest/fantasy.

But eh, there's always the shootyshooty bits that looks to be an entertaining distraction.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Revealed

23. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Revealed May 17, 2016, 23:33 Task

Cutter wrote on May 17, 2016, 22:25:

Why is it a given for me? I've loved everything Obsidian/Black Isle has ever done...except POE. They didn't just drop the ball on this, they fucking shattered it. Given that the reviews are so mixed on this I'm utterly amazed they're even attempting to do a follow-up game for this. Just fucking abandon it already and get back to making good games.

What I meant Cutter is that your comment is a given since you expressed not enjoying this game in particular in past comments. And ain't nothing wrong with expressing it. There are certain 'other' games I definitely feel strongly against.

As for the Adra Dragon strats, I'll keep those in mind. I'm not using any custom adventurers, only the recruitable NPC's (I believe they are all at Level 12 or 13 with the best stuff I could find). I did indeed try strats to spread out my people, but probably not enough. I also have Aloth cast Scrolls of Paralysis, which seems to be the only thing that actually freezes it in place for a short time. I also have the skill given by the Falanroed (Scale-Breaker), but it only lasts 15 seconds. My tanky folks are Eder and Pallegina.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Final Stand DLC for Free

2. Re: Battlefield 4 Final Stand DLC for Free May 17, 2016, 23:13 Task

I'm thinking it won't lead into 2143, if that will even be a thing. BF"1" seems more like it will just be its own "thing" - a throwback to a older tech BF1942 kind of a game except with quasi-realism this time + the unhistorical aspects like a Trench Stormtrooper wearing plates of armor. It 'could' in theory end up being an interesting game as a 'lookalike' of WW1, because really no Battlefield game is in anyway accurate historically or in simulation; just meant to be shooty-shooty fun with the backdrop of some Era.

I'll wait and see what they do, but I would prefer if they tone down unlocking things like weapons and weapon attachments. There is no need for that in such an old setting. Keeping it simple would be nice - Pick a class, have a choice between one of 2 or 3 weapons. The next problem is if they will segregate via expansions - the annoyance of modern BF games.

News Comments > DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 Announced

3. Re: DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 Announced May 17, 2016, 23:01 Task

You don't understand DB/DBZ Anime or the Game lol?  

3011 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >