Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 3011 (Veteran)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 12, 2016, 13:57 Task

Sigh. You really are an oddball sometimes Cutter. Other times you realize the tyranny that the U.S. perpetuates on the world and then you are easily duped as evidenced by posting borderline trash like that. Islam must be eliminated? What's your 'final solution' - concentration camps? Extremism is a minority, such as with the U.S. Ruling Elite hiding behind (Evangelic) Christianity to do "God's Work."

Also, I have a few Muslim neighbors in a pretty diverse area btw and they are fine, friendly folk. Long post incoming.

Extremism is also bolstered by State Sponsors, one of which has been the U.S. when they literally created "Extremist Jihad" books in the States here in the 80s and shipped them to Afghanistan where they found use in their Foreign Mercenary gangs like Al-Qaeda and the Taliban. That extremism was taught to kids, Made In The USA™. Extremism is also a vastly lower percentage compared to the majority in the "Big 3" connected religions and as noted here: the moderate Muslim majority is speaking out against the extremists … but “we’re just not listening.” So how does one "eliminate" extremism, when it is used for a means to an end? The only way it is 'eliminated' is by putting an end to Imperialism and stop State Sponsored Terrorism (banning funding of extremists and arms embargo on countries that disperse to extremists).

Another side affect of constant waging war on other countries is also blowback. Inevitably people lash out and seek revenge in sometimes unpredictable, isolated incidents. The U.S. has never experienced what it is to be regime changed and bombed into oblivion, so of course any small-scale massacre is seen as a great threat and tragedy. This is evidenced quite clearly when people are killed in the U.S. and France, but the media pays no attention to Majority Muslims that are slaughtered by extremist Muslim minorities in the Middle East as if their deaths meant nothing (80 to 97% of religious terrorism today have been targeted against Majority Muslims, by minority Muslims). Priorities? People have none and are easily fooled into this paradigm. Replace "The Scourge of Islam" with the Cold War Mantra "The Scourge of Communism." It's the same thing - a new big bad to scare the masses.

Also, becoming fearful or scared of incidents like this doesn't help. You are more likely to die by the following: You’re Much More Likely to Be Killed By Deer, Cows, Dogs, Brain-Eating Parasites, Toddlers, Lightning, Falling Out of Bed, Alcoholism, Food Poisoning, Choking On Your Meal, a Financial Crash, Obesity, Medical Errors or “Autoerotic Asphyxiation”.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer 2

8. Re: Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer 2 Jun 12, 2016, 13:11 Task

TNT is back baby! I had so much goofy fun with that in Battlefield 1942. Loading into a Jeep or Kubelwagen and turning it into a bomb, or launching halfway across the map on friendly fire off servers. Actually looking forward to seeing you know... more than 15 seconds of gameplay; need something in-depth, but I like the premise of WW1 old-skool combat/weaponry rather than constant 'modern' combat games.  

News Comments > Star Trek VR Game Plans

5. Re: Star Trek VR Game Plans Jun 12, 2016, 13:09 Task

I wish it would simulate beyond just the bridge like going on away missions in shuttles or via transporter.  

8. Re: etc., etc. Jun 12, 2016, 10:47 Task

nin wrote on Jun 11, 2016, 15:22:
Just ot back from warcrack, I thought it was decent. Very much a movie made for the fans...if you liked the series, I'd be a little surprised if you didn't like the movie.

I heard the story is based on actual Warcraft, the story that was first told in the RTS games and not WoW? That's pretty cool if so and makes me want to see it more (really hate wow and like the story from the originals). I've read other sites where people complain that it's not a "wow" story which makes me laugh. They actually think "wow" is the start of it.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

6. Re: etc., etc. Jun 10, 2016, 14:05 Task

Obviously the the thief was thievish. The equivalent of Dean with a shit ton card scams on Supernatural. This may set a precedent for other cases whether you are innocent or not.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2016, 17:07.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 10, 2016, 10:37 Task

Kangaroo Court or Incompetence. You decide Amerika.  

News Comments > House of the Dying Sun Early Access

4. Re: House of the Dying Sun Early Access Jun 9, 2016, 21:37 Task

This is Enemy Starfighter, for those that don't know. The dude renamed the game for some reason. Basically a must have space fighter to have if ya got VR.  

4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 9, 2016, 10:30 Task

You get bit by a deer tick or something?  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 in November

2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2016, 13:02 Task

Why parkour though. I'd have preferred a char that is less super soldier all things, and more vulnerable Joe or Jane that excels at hacking to get by in the world and avoid the NSA types, but I guess that's not exciting enough...  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Teaser Trailer

21. Re: etc., etc. Jun 7, 2016, 15:46 Task

Hopefully the prop planes will be fun. That's the gameplay I'd like to see way more than anything else.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Countdown

9. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Countdown Jun 6, 2016, 21:14 Task

They have plenty of real world material even more now for Dystopia Future story. Now they just need make the character actually compelling... and better written.  

News Comments > Blood Kickstarter Possible

22. Re: etc., etc. Jun 6, 2016, 15:56 Task

Never heard of Blood, is that bad?

So in my quest to see if it's on GoG, I found something called - "Blood: One Whole Unit Blood" with Doom like graphics. I assume that's the one.

5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 6, 2016, 10:47 Task

An interesting period of time to read about. My WW2 book collection grew for many years, but I was morbidly fascinated by all of it - I have memoirs told from perspectives of multiple sides, tombs on specific aircraft or other technology, and any movie I could get my hands (including hard to find foreign imports from Finland and Japan). At the human no one truly wanted to kill another human, but had to given their situations - they describe horrors I never hope to witness. It astonishes me more how leaders on all sides manipulate people to do what is nothing more than legalized murder (which is what one WW1 person had the courage to say) - something that the Smedley Butler touched on as well (who was heroic for telling the truth). It's still sad today to see those truths more relevant than ever since war benefits the few who profit off manipulation and death;. The madness of Imperialism.

Here is an account of Heinrich Severloh: Just a 20 year old kid thrown into the war, he became known as the "Beast of Omaha" and was one of the last Machine Gunners still firing over an insane 9 hours. He and 2 others managed to survive. He later became friends with David Silva much later after the war who was shot on a part of the landing 3 times.

News Comments > etc.

2. Re: etc. Jun 4, 2016, 13:35 Task

I like how that article claims Battlefront3 was a 'big big hit' and links to a gamespot article as 'evidence.'  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 3, 2016, 10:12 Task

MicroShaft, tsk, tsk.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer

12. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer May 26, 2016, 23:47 Task

djinn wrote on May 26, 2016, 20:01:
snip

A very nice, ignorant comment there. They live 'freely' only to be segregated. Kind of reads like a Nutty-yahoo teleprompter. I suppose Native Americans shouldn't have elected leaders that taught them to fight back when their backs were against the wall, eh? Those silly Natives firing their arrows, spearing, and axing people. Same goes for Scottish and the Irish that fought back, or what about South Africans, they should definitely not have fought back, eh? You probably should have ignored what I said, but if you want to be educated, please read up and learn. How would you like to live in the World's Largest Open Air Prison? A Palestinian is so called "free" to walk the streets of Israel and hear great things like, "Death to Arabs!" "Gas The Arabs!" and "Death to Leftists" (leftists, as in Left-Leaning Jews that defend Palestinians like Haredis) and get bags of feces thrown at them or get beat up worse.

They are dehumanized every day of their lives, and the imagery in this Deus Ex game somewhat invokes that for any oppressed person.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer

9. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Live Action Trailer May 26, 2016, 18:00 Task

A strange way to depict 'apartheid' but now people will know if they don't already exactly what its like to be Palestinian and how they are treated as subhuman.

It's obvious what's going on the background of this game though; drawing parallels with reality of the same 'ol same Elites using the Hegelian dialect. Create a Problem. Reaction. Offer a Solution.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Trailer

2. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Trailer May 25, 2016, 19:07 Task

The first game can be beat in the span of an evening, its not really that long. 31m is also the world record (here is a 34m run). 49m with no glitching.  

3011 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >