Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2997 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 17:04 Task

descender wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 12:37:
Liability insurance as you know it will have to change completely to accommodate driverless cars.

Since there is no operator error, the car manufacturer of whichever car was "at fault" for the crash would be liable. Most crashes of automated cars are going to be software errors.

Once all cars are automated, car crashes will be so rare that it really isn't going to matter. People suck at driving and they are the only reason that the car insurance industry is what it is today.

That came to mind after posing the question.

Still, I'll never set foot in an Auto-Car. I don't like the idea of not being in control if an AI car fucks up. Plus the future of hacking a car is already here (job security for some I guess).

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 10:02 Task

Who would be liable for damage or injury then if the auto car is at fault? Or two auto cars colliding?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 09:12 Task

Well you all know 'why' it's there - a lot of people bought it is all.

Coming it at #19 is Torment, still popular as ever.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 19, 2016, 20:24 Task

GOG Top 10

1. Witcher 3 - Expansion Pass
2. Witcher 3 - Blood & Wine
3. Witcher 3
4. Witcher 3 + Expansion Pass
5. Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition
6. Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition
7. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
8. Grim Dawn
9. Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete
10. X Rebirth: Home of Light Complete Edition

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam

10. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 13:34 Task

verybad1 wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:54:
Task wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 12:14:
potential moneymakers like MechWarrior

Thanks for the morning laugh!

A Next Gen MechWarrior 5 on PC and its Arcade sibling Mech Assault 3 on Console would sell like hotcakes. Quite the opposite of a laughing matter.

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam

2. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 12:14 Task

Ship? But what about make? Microsoft is still just sitting on PC game franchises and potential moneymakers like MechWarrior, Age of Empires, etc.  

News Comments > Battlefield One Gameplay Video

9. Re: Into the Black Jun 18, 2016, 02:38 Task

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 00:40:
I am stupidly excited for this. Watching videos makes me feel like I've gone back in time to when BF1942 dominated my gaming time.

I have to admit... I kind of am too. It looks to have that BF1942 kind of feel in a way, which was some good Arcadey fun. I haven't bought an EA/Dice game in a long while, but I guess if this lures me into it and it's buggy as shit, they'll have fooled and tricked me again.

I'd like to see BF2143 someday, but I'm also kind of selfishly hoping this WW1 oldtech paves the way for a new BF1942. At this, point modders could have already made WW1 or WW2 mods for BF3 or BF4, but with how damn restrictive they are now with modding we have to wait for whatever period piece they decide.

The silly stuff I've noted below, lack of more of the common planes in use. Also that Nation DLC nonsense - which of course they announce ahead of time, and say that France is DLC even though France, Germany, and Russia were the heaviest involved (and Russia is not even included, probably more DLC... La Sigh).

News Comments > Battlefield One Gameplay Video

5. Re: Battlefield One Gameplay Video Jun 17, 2016, 23:20 Task

Hopefully admins can limit how many submachines can be in use for more rifle battles. Also, I was hoping to see planes spawning from big airfields instead.

Also I hope they have more aircraft than that Fokker Dr.1 triplane for Central Powers. It's advantage was turning, durability, and climb rate - definitely not speed. They should have the Albatros D.III & D.Va, Pfalz D.IIIa for 1917 and the superior Fokker D.VIIF and Pfalz D.XII for 1918. My favorite is still the Albatros though since it had a sleek, "modern" like appearance.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2016, 23:45.

News Comments > PC Destiny Still Possible

7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 17, 2016, 10:40 Task

*Eye rolls at Angrius Maximis*  

News Comments > Steep Video

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 17, 2016, 10:36 Task

Is this VR compatible?  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Adding Lando & Bespin

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 17, 2016, 10:33 Task

I miss good Battlefront games.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 16, 2016, 14:26 Task

Not only that, they dumped the entire donor list for DNC - some useful, rich fools on there. I hope the DNC and GOP fall like the House of Cards they are. This entire charade here in the U.S. with the primaries has been a complete joke which has revealed exactly how corrupted and dysfunctional the system is in the U.S. Massive voter suppression, rigging, and disenfranchisement has made the rounds, which makes me pretty damn upset.  

News Comments > Phoenix Point Details

3. Re: Prey Announced Jun 15, 2016, 15:01 Task

Definitely going to be paying close attention to this now. I read the rumor a few months ago he was making something 'like' xcom. Apparently more details will come out this summer.

I hope it also means a return of the larger action pool for turns, equipping your dudes with whatever you want (making a 'class' up on your own, on the fly), picking up weapons mid battle from your dudes that died or the aliens, and being able to build bases in multiple locations. Stuff like that would help differentiate it more from Firaxis XCOM.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

8. Re: Prey Announced Jun 15, 2016, 12:13 Task

Flag should be upside down.  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2016, 18:18 Task

Seems like Blues is missing some game news today.

Julian Galop, the creator of the original XCOM, showed off more of his studios upcoming game (RockPaperShotgun). And it sounds exactly like the Firaxis XCOM alternative I've been waiting for.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 14, 2016, 18:13 Task

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 15:51:
Yes, There Have Been Aliens.

The depressing part is that if there had been, it meant that they never developed interstellar travel which might mean it's nearly impossible to accomplish. Otherwise, there'd be evidence here on Earth of their visitation. I read a calculation once that showed even traveling at 1/10th the speed of light, and taking 100 years to build new spacecraft and jump to new nearby systems, that the entire galaxy would completely colonized in a few million years. Given that the galaxy is 13 billion years old, we should have been colonized already by any civilization that arose more than a couple of million years ago.

Counter-points. Humans could be studied in the same manner that we study something like ants. I also think we as humans are incredibly arrogant to believe we have mastered the Universal Language of Math or 'Science' in all its various fields, when we haven't even be able to step onto another Planetary body besides our own Moon. Our scientists today produce both bad and good things (Nuclear being one of our great evils) sometimes simply by brute force best explained by the book character "Malcolm" in Jurassic Park. Our species is incredibly young. I like to think about the following, why should there be evidence of their visitation and how would they cover their existence?

If an Alien Species, whatever it is, has a million years head start on Humanity in its near insignificant infancy, 'they' could have technology that would be so beyond anything we are capable of thinking up in the first place, let alone producing. It would be literally like Magic. Think of Star Trek and the "Prime Directive" - (speculating) perhaps there is an agreement by advanced species to not interfere and simply observe or study? Or perhaps there is no such thing and 'if' anything has been to Earth, they come and go as they please. For years, ever since the 40s and Human use of Nuclear Technology there was the 'explosion' of so called 'UFO' things, whatever they are, real or imagined. Kaku also talks about these point of views - governments around the world have verified there is indeed a small percentage of UFO's unexplainable by our science.

And as Carl Sagan said in his Contact book (also an excellent film), "The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space." "You're an interesting species. An interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams, and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable, is each other."

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development

19. Re: Prey Announced Jun 14, 2016, 12:15 Task

Trevellian wrote on Jun 14, 2016, 11:39:

This is the only addition I've ever wanted in the new Elder Scrolls and Fallout games.
Not an MMO, just let me invite 3 friends and have a 4 person party. Up the difficulty ridiculously when they join, I don't care. Just let me play with them.

You know, when I once liked Elder Scrolls on some level, I wanted that too. Now, however, their games bore me with how shallow theyvthey've become. Having a friend along would be nice, yes, but the game design as a whole needs to match - otherwise its just more LARP walking simulation (only with a friend) with the other issues that are plagueing their inability to make complex/deep RPGs:. That is lack of cohesive and truly engaging narrative story, choice+consequence, and poor mmo-ish quest design and/or streamlining. Will they ever go beyond Grade Z RPG?

Bethesda and Elder Scrolls are so far off my radar at this point that it will not even register as a blip. I'll probably be busy at that future time with Grade A RPG Polish Masters CD Red's Cyberpunk.

News Comments > Elder Scrolls VI in Development

2. Re: Prey Announced Jun 14, 2016, 10:25 Task

We could start a betting pool. I'm going with Not Likely.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailers

2. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Trailers Jun 13, 2016, 21:44 Task

Magic

They kind of went, uh, a little overboard with the 'hack' everything. Unless it is explained in an idiotic way such as, "Regulations require all the old stuff to have the new stuff wired to it too!" - Instead of presenting both physical theft (GTA style) and hacking theft.

What I really wanted to see with another Watch Dog game though was at least something approaching realism. A hacker character should be just a completely average guy or gal, someone that would fit right into a crowd and you'd never notice 'em (like the Mr. Robot 2015 series, for example) - if they truly prefer to be an inconspicuous hacker. Of course, they went with the Hollywoodish approach. Not being a hacker myself, I wouldn't mind just playing a game with a more lowkey character that is more Mr. Robot-like, then again it wouldn't have as much "actiony" Michael Bay to it.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2016, 22:00.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition

10. Re: Prey Announced Jun 13, 2016, 12:19 Task

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2016, 10:42:
Weird. I fully expect Bethsoft will announce the next chapter in TES in the next few days. After 421 hours I don't think I have anymore Skyrim playthroughs left in me.

It may or may not give Beth more bad rap. My prediction is that it will be extremely streamlined and fully voiced, thusly Mr Todd will explain that only playing as two races is possible now and the future of TES with trademark terrible writing and quests, plus dialog wheel with the ability to say Yes or No in Khajit and Human speech. The most diehard will love the streamlining and kneel before their "Godd" Howard like plebs.

2997 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >