Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 3009 (Veteran)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Barrow Hill: The Dark Path Released

1. Re: Barrow Hill: The Dark Path Released Sep 22, 2016, 19:40 Task

What in the world.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black

1. Re: Into the Black Sep 22, 2016, 19:40 Task

Some Imps fell for the ruse. The End.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 22, 2016, 12:48 Task

The corporation that controls the Presidential elections here in the U.S. has banned third parties from the first debates. Additionally the 'official' polling also does not include millennials for some dumb reason, now the largest population in the U.S. and I think they are doing it in order for the media to show the support for third parties is low on national news Networks. Google is also heavily in bed with the Two-Party circus freak show.

Unofficial polls for millennials are showing nearly 50% support for third parties, which is roughly 37.7 million. Older baby boomers are also all over the place, my own father is backing a third party for the first time in his life (green). Another poll showed 70% support for opening up Presidential debates to third parties.

Many Historical firsts:
- most despised candidates from dem and pub in American history
- lowest registered Dems and pubs in American history (independents overtaking by enormous margin)
- lowest voter turnout (2012) at 54% in American history, between 1800-1900 it was 80-90%
- highest third party support in u.s. History
- green party first time in its history is on nearly all state ballots (currently 44), third parties also growing at the local levels in states (counties and state)

I'm guessing between 2020-50 the two parties will be further relegated to the dustbin with third parties making inroads into Congress.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 16, 2016, 20:11 Task

If anything, the NSA would have something about the "hacks" which amount to simply gaining access to unpassworded or stupidly secured shit that even a kid could crack in some cases. William Binney theorizes there be another "Snowden" (NSA Insider) behind it as well. The NSA themselves are awfully Mum about it - but I look at this way, everyone hacks each other so its a bit hypocritical for the Media to go on a "Red Scare" crusade suggesting things without definitive proof. I mean back in 2013, people found out for the first time (although not new to me), that the U.S. was hacking other countries, even our own allies including Germany and France (including Industrial Espionage), and also Mexico. Everyone needs to be held accountable.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 16, 2016, 20:00 Task

Haha, guarantee like most network/internet things, crafty people will find ways around that ban.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Death Star for Season Pass Holders Next Week

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Death Star for Season Pass Holders Next Week Sep 16, 2016, 19:57 Task

How to squander a franchise, by EA.  

5. Re: Into the Black Sep 15, 2016, 22:09 Task

I go for 1 or 2 cups a day, every other day - stretching out that gallon in a 2 week period. Also recently switched to Whole Milk, since it has less sugar, see if I like it or not. Mostly I drink water though - zero Pop/Soda intake.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 15, 2016, 21:29 Task

12GB on that sucker? Jeebus.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition Returns

2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition Returns Sep 15, 2016, 20:22 Task

Like the squad based AI/story ones? The 64 one and Raven Shield are the only ones I remember playing.  

1. Re: Into the Black Sep 15, 2016, 19:50 Task

Jeez, I remember the days when that old Food Pyramid was constantly being taught. The last one I saw was that MyPyramid version from 2005-11.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 15, 2016, 11:08 Task

jdreyer wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 04:33:

They won't of course. We live in an oligarchy. The populace exists as host that corporate parasites bleed white. But hey, you still have your internet, amirite? Oh, wait...

But... But... Twump and Hiwuhwee will surely save us Plebeians ruled by the Oligarchs! Our very own Caligula and Augustus, minus animal sacrificing and public executions.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 14, 2016, 21:00 Task

Non-contract plans all the way. 2GB is all I need, 50 per month and heavily use wi-fi spots when I'm out and about.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC

2. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Sep 14, 2016, 19:36 Task

"You'll have to wait until all the servers are near empty. Only then shall you have free Battlefront DLC. Now pre-order Battlefront 2, Have Nice Day." - EA.  

News Comments > Join The Crew for Free

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 11:07 Task

It has a story? I don't remember any racing game I've played having a good story anyways.

My favorite silly racing game of all time is still San Fransisco Rush: Extreme Racing. It was indeed "extreme."

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 14, 2016, 10:59 Task

Not Obama, not Hillary, nor Trump will pardon him. That is my best guess. Should he be? Yes. Only one candidate has suggested an immediate pardon and that's Jill Stein, since she has a soul and speaks truth.

And what of Bradley Manning (Chelsea Manning), he is also a hero and is rotting away in prison. The government doesn't even care that he has been tortured and placed in solitary confinement and has attempted suicide. Manning's reward for telling the truth about a criminal conspiracy, yes conspiracy, with the U.S. governments intent to lie and cover up a crime scene making the government an accessory after the fact.

It therefore should be no wonder why Snowden escaped and is afraid of coming back, since he knows what has happened to Manning whom the media never mention s anymore. They want him dead or rotting in prison, both Trump and Hillary - and calling for the assassination of American citizen is illegal, although they will use the Obama precedent when he drone bombed an American to say "it's totally fine guys."

News Comments > Out of the Blue

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2016, 14:22 Task

I shall not remain silent this day, no more. This will be updated every year.

On the anniversary of this day thousands of lives were used as justification for an endless War. I'd like to know why top officials remain 'protected' and not under arrest for such a despicable crime. And because no one was arrested at the top, each new administration feels that they too have "legal authority" to commit more crimes. May the dead rest in peace in the U.S. and the victims of U.S. Illegal Wars around the globe (their lives matter too on this day) and someday or somehow justice will prevail.

Other Info:

- Sibel Edmonds, Kill The Messenger Documentary
- Breaking The Silence - Truth And Lies In The War On Terror - John Pilger
- 9/11 Anniversary: Government Destroyed and Hid 9/11 Evidence

* Judges and lawyers know that – if someone intentionally destroys evidence – he’s probably trying to hide his crime.
* The judge overseeing the trial of surviving 9/11 suspects conspired with the prosecution to destroy evidence relevant to a key suspect’s defense
* The CIA videotaped the interrogation of 9/11 suspects, falsely told the 9/11 Commission that there were no videotapes or other records of the interrogations, and then illegally destroyed all of the tapes and transcripts of the interrogations
* The tape of interviews of air traffic controllers on-duty on 9/11 was intentionally destroyed by crushing the cassette by hand, cutting the tape into little pieces, and then dropping the pieces in different trash cans around the building
* The 9/11 Commissioners concluded that officials from the Pentagon lied to the Commission, and considered recommending criminal charges for such false statements.
* The administration also opposed the creation of a 9/11 commission. Once it was forced (by pressure from widows of 9-11 victims) to allow a commission to be formed, the administration appointed as executive director an administration insider, whose area of expertise is the creation and maintenance of “public myths” thought to be true, even if not actually true, who was involved in pre-9/11 intelligence briefings, and who was one of the key architects of the “pre-emptive war” doctrine.
* The FBI long ago found and analyzed the “black box” recorders from the airplanes which hit the Twin Towers, but has consistently denied that they were ever found.
* Investigation into Saudi government aid to 9/11 conspirators was also obstructed.
* 9/11 Commission co-chair Lee Hamilton says “I don’t believe for a minute we got everything right”, that the Commission was set up to fail, that people should keep asking questions about 9/11, and that the 9/11 debate should continue
* The Commission’s co-chairs said that the CIA (and likely the White House) “obstructed our investigation”
* The Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission (John Farmer) – who led the 9/11 staff’s inquiry – said “At some level of the government, at some point in time…there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened“

And there is no "conspiracy" in any shape or form that it may have took place... Yeah, Right.

Regards.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2016, 14:15 Task

Conspiracy Theory "nonsense" RedEye? Riiiight. And no, the term "Conspiracy Theory" originated in CIA Document 1035-960 "Countering Criticism of The Warren Commission Report", but I suppose that's unimportant huh. An FOIA request by the New York Times obtained in 1976. The document specifically gloats about inventing the term as a weapon, "to be wielded against almost any individual or group calling the government’s increasingly clandestine programs and activities into question" whose main target at the time were journalists trying to do their job (I.E., connecting dots) when the U.S. still had a Fourth Estate. The specific directive was made in concern to "the reputation as a whole of the U.S. government" at a time when the CIA owned 250 media outlets spreading propaganda about America's "enemies."

A conspiracy is actually a crime in court of law, pre-planned by two or more individuals. And detectives "theorize" how the crime was planned. And last of all "conspiracies" are simply a Human failing and have been committed since the dawn of Civilization (recent historical examples). The telling of "lies as they were told" to engage in the Iraq War (pre-planned) is known as a "Conspiracy of The Willing" but yet no one was punished under the articles of the Geneva Convention or Nuremberg Principles. In other words 9/11 became the perfect catalyst, the Pearl Harbor event PNAC wished for to justify a war that had been pre-planned (this does not suggest 9/11 was committed by the government, it was used however as a gross justification and thus a conspiracy to pre-plan a war based on lies as shown in declassified documents). The whole use of "conspiracy theory" today is used as a shorthand shut down of critical thinking and fails to recognize where the term came from historically or what real historical conspiracies are to begin with.

I'm surprised that people even engage in the term at this juncture, when 9/11 families themselves have called the 9/11 Commission Report a pack of lies and full of holes. Are 9/11 Families conspiracy theorists or has the government been concocting their own "Conspiracy Theory" about a crime that took place that wasn't properly investigated?

On the anniversary of this day thousands of lives were used as justification for an endless War. I'd like to know why top officials remain 'protected' and not under arrest for such a despicable crime. And because no one was arrested at the top, each new administration feels that they too have "legal authority" to commit more crimes. May the dead rest in peace in the U.S. and the victims of U.S. Illegal Wars around the globe (their lives matter too on this day) and someday or somehow justice will prevail.

Other Info:

- Sibel Edmonds, Kill The Messenger Documentary
- Breaking The Silence - Truth And Lies In The War On Terror - John Pilger
- 9/11 Anniversary: Government Destroyed and Hid 9/11 Evidence

* Judges and lawyers know that – if someone intentionally destroys evidence – he’s probably trying to hide his crime.
* The judge overseeing the trial of surviving 9/11 suspects conspired with the prosecution to destroy evidence relevant to a key suspect’s defense
* The CIA videotaped the interrogation of 9/11 suspects, falsely told the 9/11 Commission that there were no videotapes or other records of the interrogations, and then illegally destroyed all of the tapes and transcripts of the interrogations
* The tape of interviews of air traffic controllers on-duty on 9/11 was intentionally destroyed by crushing the cassette by hand, cutting the tape into little pieces, and then dropping the pieces in different trash cans around the building
* The 9/11 Commissioners concluded that officials from the Pentagon lied to the Commission, and considered recommending criminal charges for such false statements.
* The administration also opposed the creation of a 9/11 commission. Once it was forced (by pressure from widows of 9-11 victims) to allow a commission to be formed, the administration appointed as executive director an administration insider, whose area of expertise is the creation and maintenance of “public myths” thought to be true, even if not actually true, who was involved in pre-9/11 intelligence briefings, and who was one of the key architects of the “pre-emptive war” doctrine.
* The FBI long ago found and analyzed the “black box” recorders from the airplanes which hit the Twin Towers, but has consistently denied that they were ever found.
* Investigation into Saudi government aid to 9/11 conspirators was also obstructed.
* 9/11 Commission co-chair Lee Hamilton says “I don’t believe for a minute we got everything right”, that the Commission was set up to fail, that people should keep asking questions about 9/11, and that the 9/11 debate should continue
* The Commission’s co-chairs said that the CIA (and likely the White House) “obstructed our investigation”
* The Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission (John Farmer) – who led the 9/11 staff’s inquiry – said “At some level of the government, at some point in time…there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened“

And there is no "conspiracy" in any shape or form that it may have took place... Yeah, Right.

Regards.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer

6. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer Sep 9, 2016, 07:04 Task

I think for me, I'm going to go into this game knowing that its definitely not Planescape: Torment. That's already a lot to live up to. This seems more based on the idea of the "Planescape" in another Universe (the Numenera P&P), but has similar elements in weirdness, heavy dialogue, and solving things in peculiar ways. According to a few previews I've read, when you actually go into combat, there are also ways to resolve them even with dialogue while in combat besides physical, contraptions, or "magic"-like attacks.

It would be interesting though if they have some Easter eggs and nods to Planescape, perhaps somehow crossing over into the Planescape-verse and running into the Nameless One or whatever. In my case that wouldn't make sense since I ended up merging and taking a one way trip to the Eternal Blood War.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer

2. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 22:30 Task

On the flipside a 4 party limit might mean more interesting choices in terms of replayability, which sounds like this game will have a lot of with different things happening depending on who is in your party.  

3009 Comments. 151 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >