Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2985 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta
7. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta Nov 4, 2016, 23:03 Task

bigspender wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 21:58:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 19:12:
Want a pre-order? Then let me try your game first or fuckoff.
Wouldn't that be nice!?

I miss demos.

You'll find that with a lot of Nintendo games these days. Not so much for a lot of PC titles.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming
33. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 18:47 Task

All I have to say is lol...  

News Comments > Half-Life Black Mesa Xen This Summer
1. Re: Half-Life Black Mesa Xen This Summer Oct 31, 2016, 11:27 Task

Wow, finally.  

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar
23. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 09:48 Task

This is why I've never really been a fan of so called 'sanctions.' In this case, the news topic is someone being prevented to play what they purchase, although not life-threatening. In most other cases I have read over the years, they most often hurt ordinary people (and it's why people refer to it as 'economic terrorism'). It also causes feedback in the world economy. Every since 1997 every sitting U.S. President declared Myanmar sanctions remain in place because Myanmar is a "threat" to U.S. security (yeah, right). This article covers why (with a couple countries as examples) U.S. and E.U. "sanctions" are:

“some of the most complicated and far-reaching sanctions regimes ever imposed.” Detailing a complex system of “unpredictable and time-consuming” financial restrictions and licensing requirements, the report finds that U.S. sanctions are exceptionally harsh “regarding provision of humanitarian aid.”

Saboth wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 20:54:
Things won't improve until people stop focusing on the scary "terrorism" and "foreign policy".

The other things you mentioned are certainly important, but Foreign Policy, or at least the U.S. brand of Imperialistic Foreign Policy creates Blowback, among other things. Inevitably it is intertwined with the other issues - the massive debt for instance from (illegal) war trickles down and causes the civilian population to suffer and diverts stimulus away from the 'real [civilian] economy.' "The Great Illusion" is a good thesis to read on the subject, which simply concludes, "Modern nations can’t enrich themselves by waging war."

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released
36. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 21, 2016, 18:40 Task

No it definitely won't make me an ace. Keyboard + Mouse is just too awkward for me. I've only been able to really use flight vehicles with a joystick since BF1942.  

31. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 21, 2016, 15:55 Task

xLith wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 13:57:
Task wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 13:08:
So those that have this on Blues, please confirm if they actually worked on joystick compatibility. It was deactivated in beta. They claimed to be "working on it" before release on Twitter.

I don't have one to try but last thing I read was they were still working on it. I haven't seen a patch yet either for anything and I've been playing since Monday. I'm guessing the answer is no.

I'll check later then on updates. No buy from me though if I can't use my joystick

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 21, 2016, 13:16 Task

If you're raging, I'd suggest playing the class with TNT and Mines and defend area, preferably with buildings. Lay down mines on most traveled areas that vehicles use. You can do the same with assault and lay down trip mines strategically in the doorways of building s you are defending. That's how I play since I'm not good at 'twitch' FPS anymore.  

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 21, 2016, 13:08 Task

So those that have this on Blues, please confirm if they actually worked on joystick compatibility. It was deactivated in beta. They claimed to be "working on it" before release on Twitter.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 20, 2016, 20:14 Task

You may as well let out your disappointment now. If it's not on PC, I'll simply buy the console it's on.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2016, 20:13 Task

It says that these institutions no longer have the full mindless obedient subjects of The Empire. Rebellion from within.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Zodiac Killer Preorder Mission
3. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Zodiac Killer Preorder Mission Oct 20, 2016, 20:11 Task

You mean the film with Gyllenhaal? Yeah, that was good, and way fucked up. Last I read the case is still out on that, apparently some kid sent in a tip to the FBI in recent years claiming their Dad had a Zodiac costume in a closet. Anyways, I imagine Serial Killers unfortunately still exist in any country today - the ones that get away with it simply don't boast or leave clues.  

News Comments > Nintendo Switch Announced
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2016, 13:04 Task

I wonder if it'll support 2DS and 3DS cartridges. Would be nice to sit back and relax playing Default or Pokémons on a bigger screen.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2016, 10:31 Task

My sequel guess was right. Now let's see if my other predictions ring true: playing as Marston's son, and the game being 7 Samurai/Magnificent 7 inspired.  

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
27. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 19:57 Task

My guess, could be wrong though. A sequel in which you play as the son and you recruit a group (in total 7 of you). In other words, it'll be Magnificent 7 inspired, which was itself somewhat inspired by the excellent Akira Kurosawa classic "Shichinin no samurai." Marston's son and friends are sought out after some farmers are being terrorized, and so ya'll make a last stand somewhere in the finale of the game.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 17, 2016, 19:51 Task

Yeah, of course, it was totally the Russians - totally. /sarc Or rather the GOP and DNC like to blame Russia for everything. I lost my homework, Russia did it. The establishment parties are corrupt, Russia did it. The U.S. illegally invades or illegally arms forces (violation of U.N. Charter), Russia's fault. Perhaps people will get what they wish for since people are being foolishly conditioned into war.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 15, 2016, 20:52 Task

Well he's not wrong about the Disney thing at least. Star Wars is going to be pretty major deal for Disney in the next decade or more. More episodes beyond 9 I'm guessing, more movies about major or side characters, etc.  

News Comments > Project Space Sector Announced
1. Re: Project Space Sector Announced Oct 14, 2016, 20:39 Task

Huh, that's interesting, since I visit that site. Something in the vein of MoO2, eh - perhaps it'll be the "real" MoO remake with turn-based.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: Battlefield 1 Pigeon Gameplay trailer - Most Speechless Scene Ever Oct 14, 2016, 20:31 Task

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 14, 2016, 12:50:
It's uh, okay, but I don't see what the fuss is about.

its just emoshunal man *shrug*

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout
11. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Preloads & Trailer Blowout Oct 12, 2016, 19:40 Task

Not one trailer for a potential Central Powers soldier story. Dumb.  

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Crowdfunding Begins
29. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 7, 2016, 09:36 Task

Those two free games (choice of one) are worth it alone at 30 level. Underrail and Stasis are incredibly good Isometrics.  

2985 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo