Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Luke

Real Name Luke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Task
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 29, 2007, 09:10
Total Comments 2994 (Senior)
User ID 37119

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

53. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 8, 2016, 21:16 Task

descender wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 18:17:
I'm not asking him to vote for Hillary. I'm just asking him to vote. I don't care if he writes in Mickey Mouse. There is more at stake on election day than just the presidency. The president isn't setting local taxes and laws for your community. The reason the system is so fucked is not because the system is inherently broken, it's because too many citizens refuse to inform themselves about all of their options. The system is broken because no one has been paying any attention to who has been running it.

Not voting is probably the most un-American thing you can possibly do. It's one of the main reasons to live here. People all over the world strive and die for that right every day and we're so spoiled that we throw it in the garbage just like half our food. :/

Claiming that we're uninformed of choices? I was 'aware' of everyone on my ballot for every district in my State; State, Senate, Congress, Rep, Local, Schools. Their positions, their funding, their beliefs, and their voting records.

"That non-voters are Un-American." I honestly don't understand your position on this one. If a poor/homeless person or the many disenfranchised can't vote, are they included in the Un-American category? Or are you specifically referring to people who can vote, but don't. As far as I'm concerned, they are still 'Americans' (a person residing within the U.S.) if they don't vote, regardless of Social Class. And I do not hate or resent them or belittle them by not holding them up to any dated Nationalistic ideal.

But you are doing that and you don't even realize it.

Don't vote. That is your choice, it is simply the cowards choice. I don't care if this bothers you, if you didn't think it were true you probably wouldn't be offended. You really can't come up with any reasons why one of these people should be president over the other? That is willful ignorance at best.

People have died to protect your rights, go out and fucking exercise them and show some respect for those people. Don't play the idealist coward hiding behind the corruption of the system. Make change, don't wish for it.

- Except I did vote, I thought I stated that clearly. I'm not shy about stating whom my registered party is.
- And you're not doing it and maybe don't realize it? Again with that word, coward - what makes one a coward, but not the other?
- Which people died and in which war? Be specific. Was it one of the illegal lie-started wars since Vietnam that people died for my Freedom? Did Iraqies die for my Freedom? Libyans maybe? Did the Union and Confederates die for my freedom? Did you know, that I know a woman through the campaign process of my party, a WW2 Vet, said "wouldn't it be wonderful if Jill Stein were president," and then stated she would vote for her?
- We make change by investing our time in a specific party, a part of the democratic process.

Grab a Beer and Relax to the interesting study by Stanford, "Are we witnessing a dishonest Election?" I also learned that Gallup World Poll is releasing an interesting study that shows the U.S. is near dead last out of 30 or so countries for "Confidence in Elections." Finland and Iceland, are unsurprisingly near the top.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 8, 2016, 17:31 Task

descender wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 16:41:
The only people who can feel like they "lose either way" are over-privileged white dudes who don't understand what is sacrificed on a daily basis so that you can decide to throw away your right to vote. This is not a morally impressive stand, it's cowardice. You will never change the system by ignoring it. Voting for your local politicians (who then become state politicians and federal ones) is the most important thing anyone will do today.

In 1956, W.E.B Du Bois (one of the most staunch advocates of voting rights early in his life) penned, “Why I Won’t Vote” for The Nation. He argued that continued disregard for our nation’s most vulnerable should lead to a concerted effort to resist limited choices, and inspire building spaces for new candidates or systems. Choosing to advocate for a new political possibility isn’t a waste; it’s a right and opportunity for members of a democratic society.

Are you against my Democratic right Descender? You presume to know me and claim I'm white, and call Third Party voters cowards and even non-voters too. Or maybe you speak of others and not me with your broad brush? I've heard the wasted vote talk, and all the rest. I'm not impressed frankly, neither is Thomas Knapp or M.G. Piety. How would you feel if I told you, you're wasting your vote and are a coward? I have faith in my conscience - this I know.

Anyways. You seem confused or lost man, I feel sorry for you. I really do. Do you need a hug man?

40. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 16:48 Task

No worries Descender, Senators and House Representatives definitely have your best interests in mind - "Yes, We're Corrupt." All our problems will go away. The Empire will be the best Empire. And the dog that ate my vote? No problem.  

38. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 16:40 Task

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 15:56:
There is no easy solution to either of these problems. Getting the money out of politics requires a constitutional amendment, nearly impossible when all members of congress ended up there by playing the corporate game. Getting rid of racial/minority tension is even more difficult, since you're trying to change hundreds of years of ingrained culture and psychology.

Good post dude, going to go through this. Ultimately I am and have been a registered third party since 2008 and that is not changing ever. It is my most important conviction of my Adult life. I have completely stepped out of the Republican and Democratic parties for a long time and see them for what they are, wholly and irredeemably corrupt. I will not be party to Trump or Hillary's antics, crimes, or false-hopes. To do so, would be the equivalent of kicking the can further down the road. History will play itself out, as it dies like all faltering Nation Empires or Political bodies, and I intend to observe it with interest.

My favorite articles of the day:

- Election 2016: On Empire and Feminism. Whatever the Outcome, “99% of Us are Going to be Big Losers… (By Cindy Sheehan)
- My Name is Ray McGovern
- Oh, What a Lovely War! Delusional US Foreign Policy could bring Disaster
- Doomsday Election

In less than 24 hours, the most agonizingly-wretched campaign of all times will be over, the ballots will be counted, and the new president will be named. The only thing that is certain is that, whoever wins, we lose.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2016, 16:18 Task

descender wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 21:08:
Being willing to believe all of the stories about Hillary with no convictions, but turning a blind eye to the biggest enemy this country has ever faced is ridiculous. There is a reason to blame Russia for things, they do them.

I've seen and read Hillary's voting record for over a decade. Don't propose to me in that condescending manner that I turn a blind eye. I know who she is and who she represents. My eye's are wide fucking open to the corrupt Two Party System. She's a war-hawk, a liar, and an Oligarch. What more needs to be said? You need proof of her war record? Don't be an idiot. You already know I'm Green and have been for a Decade - I've said so on Blues Forums. Never Trump, Never Hillary. I am against Fascism, Corporatism, Corruption, Illegal War/Interventions. Will you be protesting the wars like me or the drones the next president will use? I doubt it, everyone was silent under Obama.

And why would she be in jail when there is a rule of code for Oligarchs and a rule of law for everyone else? Do you need proof that she's an Oligarch, an Elite, part of a club you are not in? Do you need proof that she cares little about you and I? Do you require more articles on the Clinton Foundation rather than a "meme"? There you go, you may read at your leisure.

Project Veritas debunked huh - are you referring to the repeated Snopes article? Regardless of what I think or you think of it, heads rolled and people were fired, and the DNC rapidly distanced themselves from the perps that worked for them. Whoops I guess that means questionable judgement for my "sources"? Seeing as I'm the one of the few that offers things to read or watch, while you offer what exactly? It is free after all and I like to read and pursue all information rather than read 5 sentences of a soundbite from CNN, Fox, or MSNBC.

My head is not buried in any sand. I'm just not naively offended something someone might have said once in a private conversation. If we released all of your email to the public, would you not be embarrassed by a single statement in it? To hold anyone to that standard is absurd and wrong.

Since you are very concerned with this whole email thing and nothing else, Hillary is a Saint, etc. etc., we'll go back to the email topic.

Let's try this for a standard:

113 emails were classified (Politifact), Hillary never was going to Jail or be Prosecuted, regardless if she knowingly or unknowingly sent or received.

Now here's where the hypocrisy stand out. There have been past incidents of other people, usually military individuals fined and jailed for handling classified information (and storing it), but pleaded they had no intention of mishandling it. Of course, other people like Chelsea Manning went to prison for blowing the whistle and letting the world see how the U.S. government tried to cover up a crime. No one else went to prison. What is anyone to make of this? That if one person does it - it might be ok, and in another even if similar, they get fined and maybe put on probation?

And you know what, fuck her E-Mails. I could give a fuck anyways. What matters to me more is that she is a War-hawk in the vein of George Bush and Dick Cheney and proud of it. That is my single most important concern regarding her.

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2016, 15:27 Task

Beamer wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 21:42:

Dude, that guy listens to Alex Jones unironically, thinking he's the only one aware of what's "really" going on.

Would you like to back up your false claim? Alex Jones is an bellowing idiot, for one.

News Comments > Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts?

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2016, 13:07 Task

I'm glad I dodged the massive win10 bullet.  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2016, 10:35 Task

My prediction is that it won't cease. The divide and confusion will continue - opening history book makes that clear since the U.S. government is in terminal decline. A massive debt ceiling ensures it. More wars will guarantee it.

Good article from a former U.S. Citizen that moved to Iceland: http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/11/08/america-its-over/

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2016, 20:52 Task

Riddle me Descender, because your comment was pretty cute, but one thing is not totally clear to me, are you saying Hillary is not corrupt or evil in your statement. You have to have your head buried really, really far in the sand to believe that.

When Hillary said "We Came, We Saw, He Died" in a perverse use of the phrase, "Veni, Vidi, Vici" towards a Sovereign Leader whom once led one of the more prosperous nations in all of North Africa, and laughed that he was killed by a bayonet up his anus by radicals that would go on to destabilize his country, whom were illegally armed/funded by the West, that was not evil? When she and many other cohorts of the U.S. Empire and NATO used more lies as pretext to bomb Libya, that was not evil? Was it a violation of the U.N. Charter, Geneva Convention, or Nuremberg Principles (hint it was, as have most wars perpetuated by the criminal U.S. Empire). Was it her warm-hearted kindness that convinced her to take political bribes for the Clinton Foundation, from Foreign Actors (Qatar, Saudi Arabia) at the cool tune of 5$ and 25$ million respectively even though she said in emails that Qatar and Saudi Arabia are indeed funding radical terrorism as has been revealed prior?

She is most definitely Cersei Lannister. Or if you would like a Roman equivalent, Augustus. Trump is also a Roman equivalent, I forget which.

Anyways, I don't know that anything I say will sway someone's chosen Emperor, Corrupt Hack, or To Be Coerced Politician of choice. I'm just curious how people don't see the Oligarchs right before their very eyes, how some can be lied to and ask for more. All I know is Hillary is a darling of the Military Industrial Complex when she voted for war in Iraq, voted to continue war in Afghanistan, agreed with the illegal bombing of Libya, agreed with the illegal coup in Ukraine, agreed with her Husband in the 90s for the illegal bombing of Iraq and sanctions in Iraq that starved to death hundreds of thousands of children, and the war in Yugoslavia.

Regarding Assange:

Highly recommended interview with Assange with the Honorable John Pilger: here and also this one (part of excellent War You Don't See Documentary by John Pilger)

- The U.N. has already stated the following regarding Assange, that he is being arbitrarily detained, which is a violation of Human Rights and a gross illegal abuse
- The most likely reason, in my view, for Assange's situation is that the U.S. is likely behind pushing for him to be extradited (of which he will be sent to prison to be tortured by the Empire's Stormtroopers like Chelsea Manning)
- Hillary, in an email, (unconfirmed but I wouldn't put it past her), joked that "Why can't we just drone him" (assassination by Drone or otherwise is illegal, but since both Bush and Obama did it, it sets a precedent, any President will inherit and potentially use the illegal drone assassination program)

Whatever people think of him, I believe the organization he represents has done a great service by truly revealing how corrupt the two parties are in the U.S. The emails alone, which were revealed to have been leaked by insiders in Washington, collusion to undermine the Bernie Sanders campaign with the press (of which btw Debbie Shultz was fired for, but was immediately promised a position with Hillary, because corruption and greasing the wheels is great), further emails also revealed how the DNC spread lies about the Green Party. And when all else failed Blame Russia™.

And the undercover Project Veritas videos, (non-email related) revealed exactly how corrupt the inner working of these parties are and how conspiracies are really committed (specifically the DNC). They also revealed how the parties violate campaigning laws. People that fall for lies frankly shouldn't get to complain if one is too gullible.

When all the nasty secrets leak,
Blame the Russians.

When under covers people peek,
Blame the Russians.

When you can’t hide those mounds of cash
Just point to Russia, Russia bash!

You gotta be tough.
Let me rehash:

An all-purpose card.
Get out of jail fast:

On the borders gin up a clash!
A convenient War at last!

When the chips are down,
A sure-fire trick.

Jump up, shake your fist and bellow “It’s
The Russians!”

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta

7. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Release Date and Preorder Beta Nov 4, 2016, 23:03 Task

bigspender wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 21:58:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 19:12:
Want a pre-order? Then let me try your game first or fuckoff.
Wouldn't that be nice!?

I miss demos.

You'll find that with a lot of Nintendo games these days. Not so much for a lot of PC titles.

News Comments > Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming

33. Re: Skyrim Special Edition Audio Fix Coming Oct 31, 2016, 18:47 Task

All I have to say is lol...  

News Comments > Half-Life Black Mesa Xen This Summer

1. Re: Half-Life Black Mesa Xen This Summer Oct 31, 2016, 11:27 Task

Wow, finally.  

News Comments > Origin Bans Myanmar

23. Re: Origin Bans Myanmar Oct 31, 2016, 09:48 Task

This is why I've never really been a fan of so called 'sanctions.' In this case, the news topic is someone being prevented to play what they purchase, although not life-threatening. In most other cases I have read over the years, they most often hurt ordinary people (and it's why people refer to it as 'economic terrorism'). It also causes feedback in the world economy. Every since 1997 every sitting U.S. President declared Myanmar sanctions remain in place because Myanmar is a "threat" to U.S. security (yeah, right). This article covers why (with a couple countries as examples) U.S. and E.U. "sanctions" are:

“some of the most complicated and far-reaching sanctions regimes ever imposed.” Detailing a complex system of “unpredictable and time-consuming” financial restrictions and licensing requirements, the report finds that U.S. sanctions are exceptionally harsh “regarding provision of humanitarian aid.”

Saboth wrote on Oct 30, 2016, 20:54:
Things won't improve until people stop focusing on the scary "terrorism" and "foreign policy".

The other things you mentioned are certainly important, but Foreign Policy, or at least the U.S. brand of Imperialistic Foreign Policy creates Blowback, among other things. Inevitably it is intertwined with the other issues - the massive debt for instance from (illegal) war trickles down and causes the civilian population to suffer and diverts stimulus away from the 'real [civilian] economy.' "The Great Illusion" is a good thesis to read on the subject, which simply concludes, "Modern nations can’t enrich themselves by waging war."

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Released

36. Re: Battlefield 1 Released Oct 21, 2016, 18:40 Task

No it definitely won't make me an ace. Keyboard + Mouse is just too awkward for me. I've only been able to really use flight vehicles with a joystick since BF1942.  

31. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 21, 2016, 15:55 Task

xLith wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 13:57:
Task wrote on Oct 21, 2016, 13:08:
So those that have this on Blues, please confirm if they actually worked on joystick compatibility. It was deactivated in beta. They claimed to be "working on it" before release on Twitter.

I don't have one to try but last thing I read was they were still working on it. I haven't seen a patch yet either for anything and I've been playing since Monday. I'm guessing the answer is no.

I'll check later then on updates. No buy from me though if I can't use my joystick

17. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 21, 2016, 13:16 Task

If you're raging, I'd suggest playing the class with TNT and Mines and defend area, preferably with buildings. Lay down mines on most traveled areas that vehicles use. You can do the same with assault and lay down trip mines strategically in the doorways of building s you are defending. That's how I play since I'm not good at 'twitch' FPS anymore.  

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 21, 2016, 13:08 Task

So those that have this on Blues, please confirm if they actually worked on joystick compatibility. It was deactivated in beta. They claimed to be "working on it" before release on Twitter.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 20, 2016, 20:14 Task

You may as well let out your disappointment now. If it's not on PC, I'll simply buy the console it's on.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 20, 2016, 20:13 Task

It says that these institutions no longer have the full mindless obedient subjects of The Empire. Rebellion from within.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Zodiac Killer Preorder Mission

3. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Zodiac Killer Preorder Mission Oct 20, 2016, 20:11 Task

You mean the film with Gyllenhaal? Yeah, that was good, and way fucked up. Last I read the case is still out on that, apparently some kid sent in a tip to the FBI in recent years claiming their Dad had a Zodiac costume in a closet. Anyways, I imagine Serial Killers unfortunately still exist in any country today - the ones that get away with it simply don't boast or leave clues.  

2994 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >